Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [FF] (Touhou) Silent Rage

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Keep your anger, Keyne. This won't be long. If I gave Sakura Matou a happy ending in "All Nightmare Long", so could I with Cirno.
    I'm just worried about the rest of the population of Gensokyou...

The rest of the population is rather tough.
    -Insert witty signature here-

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed.

And I'm working on the next chapter. This time, it's Rinnosuke's point of view.

Suddenly, I got the feeling Reimu and Marisa are going to stop being virgins soon. [/notsrspffhahah]

屍鬼 Ghoul
    It's like Higurashi (DEEN-Style) meets Touhou. With a wooden branch that shall pierce the fucking fourth wall, FUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Saint
    "concept of death differs"
    I'm reminded of Notes for some reason.
    ...so... can Shiki kill servants fairies?!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Saint
    She acts like a 9-year old though.
    Spoiled and Selfish.
    = a kid :3
    What makes you a loli? Is it just the looks or the behavior? Or the fact that you are indeed a young girl? Even big-breasted gradeschool-anime-girls are considered loli. Even "mature" gradeschool-anime-girls are considered loli. Even 500-year old vampires are considered to be loli. When do you cease to be a loli? What is the meaning of life? 42? Is that age the one and only point in your life you cease to be a loli? Is that the question to the answer?

Serious questions indeed that shall occupy our finest heads for a long time... though really can Shiki kill fairies now?

Keep Mr. Glasses away from Touhou.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Or maybe we should keep Touhou from him. The gland could turn into a curse.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (Alright. Breather episode. As I said, this is to be written from Rinnosuke's point of view. Read, relax and enjoy.)

Chapter 2: Other Point of View

Good afternoon to all of you, my name is Rinnosuke Morichika, and I’m the appraiser and shop owner of Kourindou, Gensokyo’s source of all things coming from the outside world. You name it, I have it. And oh, before I tell my sides of the story, I would like to inform you that I have new items in my inventory. Please visit sometime.

So basically, about half a year ago, there was this guy from the outside world who, according to him, was dropped here by some unknown mysterious force, maybe by the same force that brings in Gensokyo everything that the outside world has forgotten. But since this was a living person and not an inanimate object, such case is not likely.

His name is Yukio Sanada, and he claims to be from the prefecture or province of Kanagawa. He appears to be in his mid-twenties, has a long messy black hair, wearing a fading gray shirt and denim shorts and he is rather…an interesting personality, but not in a good way. He often visits me and my shop, and would usually talk to me about the outside world.

One of those visits is right now, in a winter day.

So I briefly went outside to eat ramen from the local shop, when I got back and there he was, sitting relaxed on a crate and examining my inventory items again, apparently trying to make it work. This time, it was a Gameboy, along with my battery collection. What he basically was doing with the said item was he kept inserting a couple of batteries on some compartment on the back, flipping a switch somewhere on its sides and taking them out, maybe because he was finding the right batteries for the Gameboy, to make it work. He kept doing that to the said item for a couple of times before he looked at the door and caught a glimpse of me, in which he greeted me with an open-palmed gesture and a word, “Hey.”

I then approached him and greeted him back. “Good afternoon, Sanada-san. I suppose your making that item work, right?” I asked, as he resumed putting in and taking out batteries on the Gameboy.

He did the battery-swapping one more time, before he took another short look at me and said, “Yes. I remember when I was a kid, when they first released this on the stores, and I was asking my mother to buy one for me.” He then stopped dealing with the Gameboy and then proceeded to tell me more. “Back then, we used four batteries to make it work and play. This one’s a newer model, a Gameboy Pocket, that’s why it needed fewer batteries. And yeah, I remember first laying my hands on a new Gameboy like this. I was so...excited; I was a kid back then and was crying and saying to myself that I want to play more like this.”

“I’m surprised that you have your fond memories with that item, Sanada-san.” I said to him. “I supposed that’s the reason why you were trying to make it work. Would you like to buy it?”

He then snickered at me, put the Gameboy back on the shelf and said “Nah. I’m just curious, you know? I’m just missing the outside world, man.”

“You say that you’re missing the outside world, yet you said that it was a great opportunity for you to be brought here one time, didn’t you?” I asked him.

“Yeah, what of it?” He asked me back.

“Clearly, Gensokyo is still in the Meiji Era and the outside world is already beyond that. You have all these familiars to do all the work for you, and you people seem to have a deeper understanding of things that we here have yet to tackle.” I point out to him.

“You’re right, you’re right.” He then starts cleaning his ear with his little finger. “But did you know that we also have the technology to allow you to meet different kinds of people from all… the corners of the world without ever leaving your house?”

“Hmn, that’s curious. That means you could be a very popular person without ever going outside. So what are you trying to say?”

He then takes out his little finger and looks at its tip. “What I’m trying to say is that technology allowed people to become lazy from going out of their houses. From talking with people, buying things they want, looking for information…they basically became so lazy that some of them don’t even talk to actually people anymore, even to the people inside their houses. I’m a heavy user of those technologies, you know?”

I then widen my eyes at this revelation of his, but I still gave an indifferent answer to him. “And?”

He then looked directly at me. “Yeah, man…I’m a prisoner of those technologies, but I have my own reasons why I allowed myself to get stuck with it. And those reasons, they’re the same reasons I have why I am so blessed that I found my way here.”

“I see, so what are you saying is you miss that…imprisonment you experienced back in the outside world, but you want it here because you’re free from that imprisonment, is that it? In that case, your situation here is clearly better than what you have in the outside world.” I clarify his points, as I take a seat on the crate beside him.

He then nodded approvingly and said, “Also, I have a lot of freedom here. Back there, there are so many rules that you need to follow, yet they were so vague that it drives you angry and crazy. Not like here, you have your own ways of doing things. If your antique shop was back there in the outside world, you’ll go crazy because the costumers are so demanding. Here, you could just bum around and relax.”

“To be honest, I’d rather have a lot to demanding customers than have an empty place where all you do is sit around and wait for them.” I said to him.

“Well, I can’t blame you, you’re a businessman.” He replied to me, laughing silently.

“No offense, Sanada-san, but you sound like a kid with your statements.” I break to him.

“Yeah, maybe I am a kid. My parents think so anyway.” He answered with a shrug and frown.

I then stand up from my seating on the crate and walk towards the table where the customers would usually do transactions, a rare thing to happen in this shop. Upon taking a much more comfortable seat behind the table, I then tell him. “I know that whenever you go here at Kourindou, you need something. Go on and say it.”

“I need an ice bag.” He quickly answered.

I then point to one cardboard box on the left shelf, as I am lazy to get one from him. I usually would stand up from here to get an item for my customers, but I always make him an exception. “I know there are ice bags on that box over there.”

“Yeah, thanks.” He quickly heads towards that box, puts his left hand inside it and grabs the item in an instant. He then gets back to sitting to the same crate where he was a while ago, maybe to examine the ice bag, maybe to stay for a while. It seems that he wouldn’t leave just yet.

After a few seconds of silence between the two of us, I then opted to question Marisa’s condition. “So how is she right now?”

“There, still showing no signs of recovery. I’m still giving her sponge baths from that icicle I’ve got- I mean from the snow I’ve gathered outside.” He mindlessly said.

I then tip my glasses back. It seems that his tongue slipped, and I pretend that I didn’t catch it up. “I see. Why not try going to Eientei? Eirin might help you if ask her kindly.”

“I’m seriously considering that, although knowing her, I might have a hard time convincing her to get some medicines.” He said, while toying with the ice bag.

“If you could get on Kaguya-san’s good side, maybe she might as well as order Eirin to go to Marisa herself and give a proper diagnosis.” I suggested.

He then stopped toying with the ice bag for a while and looked at me, as if he was surprised by my advice. After that short pause, he then said “Well, if I could do that, then I could also court Marisa properly. But given that I’m not much of a good speaker or listener…” He paused then shrugged negatively. He then quickly changed the subject and asked me, “Yeah, how about between you and Reimu, man?”

“Huh?” His question raised my eyebrow. Here he goes again.

“Come on. Don’t tell me you still don’t like her.”

“I like her, as a person. But in the sense you are talking about, I am in no way-”

He then interrupts me. “I know you’re always alone here, Rinnosuke. You don’t have to hide that you’re always lonely, man.”

I then sigh and tell him, “I still do have other people visiting here, okay?! It’s not what you think it is!” I raised my voice quite a bit when I said that. There was an awkward silence between the two of us, before I said “You think I placed this shop over here because I don’t want to deal with people?”

“Well, I always thought you were shy, man.” He then breaks it to me, as he stands up from the crate. “So, I won’t let Marisa wait any longer anymore, okay?”

“You shouldn’t.”

“Alright, man. Later.” He then starts walking towards the door out of this shop. As soon as he disappeared on sight, I took a deep breath and rest my back on the chair. I guess that ends my day with him right now, as I don’t really like dealing with him. He sort of reminds me of Marisa herself, although she was much more a pleasant person. I still remember one time when we almost got into a fight because he keeps suggesting that I start courting Reimu. Until this day, he’s still forcing me to do so, and it does annoy me when he does that.

But at least, he’s gone for now. I’ll just hope that, despite his deficiencies as a person, he’ll take care of Marisa and do nothing bad here in Gensokyo.

Going good so far.
    -Insert witty signature here-