Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Fanfic: Role Revert

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar

Tsukihime Fanfic: Role Revert

“Shiki-sama, it’s time to wake up.”

It was a simple routine. Ever since he had moved into the Tohno Mansion, no matter how his day had gone, Shiki would be woken up by the calm voice of Hisui. Letting out a comfortable groan, he stretched his arms and legs. Before opening his eyes he grabbed his glasses off his nightstand and slipped them on. “Good morning Hi-” Shiki stopped talking. “What...?” Hisui wasn’t there, the familiar maid with the stoic expression wasn’t standing by his bed. “Aki...ha...?”

The girl who had gone from his adopted younger sister to his lover was standing by his side, wearing a maid outfit. “Ah, Good Morning, Shiki-sama.”

Role Revert

By Pata Hikari

Part 1: Why am I being woken up by her?

Shiki’s room was completely silent. The owner of the room was sitting up straight, staring at the girl who had come to wake her up. Akiha stood before him, wearing a maid uniform and a soft smile. She stared at him, waiting for him to say anything. What could he say? The situation was strange, it defied his routine. Was this some joke of Akiha’s? Something Kohaku had cooked up? He couldn’t say. Still, perhaps the best way to get answers was to simply ask the question in the first place. He looked at the oddly dressed Akiha, and spoke. “Um, Akiha, why are you waking me up?”

At these words, the smile on Akiha’s face faded. Her expression became an odd mixture of confusion and irritation. “Shiki-sama, I am waking you up because it is my duty to wake you up. Otherwise you would sleep the day away, bringing shame upon the Tohno Family.”

Well, that was direct. Also unhelpful. “No, Akiha, I’m not asking
    why you’re waking me up. I’m asking why you are waking me up,” He said, hoping this would explain what, exactly, he was looking to find out.

The irritation faded, but the confusion remained. “Shiki-sama, if I do not wake you up, nothing can. I’ve tried alarm clocks, you’ve ignored them. It is only my voice that can stir you from your excessive slumber. Sometimes not even then.”

“OK fine,” Shiki sighed, he obviously wasn’t going to get anywhere with that line of questioning. Time for a different avenue of attack. “So why are you dressed like that?”

Akiha’s patience was visibly running thin. “Shiki-sama, this is my work uniform. I wear this when I do my job.” The look on her face suggested that answering this question was, for whatever reason, part of her job as well. “Perhaps, are you suggesting you wish for me to wear a different sort of maid uniform?” Her expression became dangerous.

“N-no! Not at all!” Shiki said, “It’s... you know what, nevermind. I’m sorry for bugging you about this.”

Ahika’s expression softened, “It is no real trouble, Shiki-sama. It’s my duty to make sure you have no troubles.” She gestured towards his desk, three sets of clothing were laid out on it, “As it is Sunday, I took the liberty of picking some outfits you might wear.” Akiha then turned on her heel, towards the door, “Breakfast is in fifteen minutes, please do not be late, Shiki-sama.” She efficiently left the room.

>-----------------------<

The first thing Shiki did after getting dressed was check the calendar. It was not April 1st. While this did not rule out some prank, it made it much less likely.

“I’m here!” Shiki announced as he burst into the dining room. Getting dressed and checking the date had taken up a fair amount of time. Fortunately, he had made it with a mere minute to spare. The table was already set, the breakfast was western style. Toast with jam, sausage, eggs, orange juice, and waffles. Akiha was already there, she pulled back the chair at the head of the table, “Oh, um, thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Akiha said, and then stood there, “Well, Shiki-sama?”

“Uh, right, thank you for the meal...” Shiki grabbed a fork and began cutting into his waffles. Akiha stood next to him, watching his every move. An eyebrow raised as he picked up the wrong fork, a sigh as he took a bite of eggs a little too large. It was quickly becoming the most stressful meal he had ever eaten. He quickly drained his glass of orange juice. Moving quickly Akiha picked up the pitcher full of it. “Well... sure, I’ll have some more.” Akiha efficiently filled the glass to just near the top. “T-thanks.” Akiha resumed simply standing by his side. “Um, Akiha, aren’t you going to have breakfast?”

Akiha sighed, “Shiki-sama, a servant eating with you is improper. Besides, I have already had breakfast.”

“Got it,” Shiki said, and continued to eat. The food was good, yet there was something different about it. It didn’t have quite the same touch that Kohaku’s cooking did. “Akiha... who cooked this?”

Akiha gave Shiki the look of one who was very tired of stating the obvious, “Are you well, Shiki-sama?”

“Just... answer the question Akiha,” Shiki said with a groan.

“I prepared breakfast.” Akiha answered matter-of-factly.

“Got it,” Shiki said. So Akiha had made this meal. Granted, enjoying something cooked by Akiha had been a little private fantasy of his for some time now. But this wasn’t exactly the context in which he had wanted it.

“Is there a problem with the meal?” Akiha asked.

“No. It’s great.” Shiki said, and it was. Even if it lacked that spark Kohaku’s meals had. If he had to guess, Akiha was proficient at following the recipes and directions exactly. So what Akiha had produced was technically perfect. Kohaku, on the other hand, did a bit more experimenting, so there was always some minor unique element to her meals.

He finally finished his breakfast, and Akiha began immediately gathering the plates and utensils

As Shiki had no school to go to, and no further plans for what he could do this day, he decided to stay at home. It wasn’t exactly exciting, but there was little else he could think to do.

The mansion was especially quiet today. While one would never describe the Tohno Household as “bustling”, it had an even greater lack of people today. Hisui and Kohaku, the twin maids who managed everything about the house, had vanished. Their rooms were locked, and he didn’t have the keys to them. His exploration had taken him through every room that was open. Akiha’s room wasn’t any different, but he noticed the bed hadn’t looked slept in. Instead a room near hers with a spartan bed and a closet with a few articles of clothing he recognized as her’s was unlocked and appeared to have been used.

Finally, after wandering around for an hour, he found himself in front of Akiha. She had a broom in her hands and was sweeping the entryway. Shiki sat down in a nearby chair and watched. Akiha’s expression was distant, and her motions efficient and casual. She moved as one who had done this many times before, and would continue to do so many times in the future.
    Swish, swish. The only sound in the mansion was that of her broom brushing against the ground. He sat, mesmerised by her, until she finally realized his existence. “Shiki-sama,” She said, stopping her sweeping and looking into his eyes, “Is there something you need?”

“No.” Shiki said, “Not particularly. I was just bored, and ended up watching you work.”

“Did you not make any plans?” She asked.

Shiki shook his head, “Well, I’m more of an ‘in the moment’ guy, you know?” He generally did things on a whim. Akiha or one of the servants had often planned activities, and sometimes Arihiko had come over to drag him into some dumb adventure. But now he felt oddly alone, only Akiha who was not quite Akiha remained. It was as if he had been pulled into another world.

Akiha sighed, “You should plan for your future more, Shiki-sama. The Tohno legacy rests on your shoulders. Would it hurt to act with a dignity appropriate to such a duty?”

“What about you then, Akiha?” Shiki asked suddenly,

“What about me?” Akiha seemed to have been caught off guard.

“What plans do you have for the future?” Shiki said, he knew full well what Akiha’s plans were, the two of them had discussed them in length. Still, he felt like maybe this was the point. Maybe she wanted him to think? If that was true, she would probably tell him about them, or tell him to not change the subject.

But instead, Akiha looked away, a faint blush. “I... I’m content with simply serving you.”

“I see.” That wasn’t the answer he was expecting. Shiki had decided, this was far too much work for a simple prank. Something strange was going on.

The hours passed, Shiki waiting, Akiha working. There was nothing to do, nothing he could think of. He couldn’t just relax, not when half the home’s residents were missing and the other was acting strangely. With nowhere else to go and nothing else to do, he ended up in the library. Shiki didn’t particularly want to be in here, but there was nowhere else to be, and if he could find a book he might not be so bored. Wandering through the shelves, he picked up a book. It was a simple enough subject, the Tohno Family history. “Tch.” He became annoyed looking at that book, still, he opened it up. It was a mix of handwritten memoirs and newspaper clippings. He flipped through it for a few minutes, reading about activities his adopted ancestors had done. The book ended, naturally, with the death of Makihisa. Putting the book away, he looked around for some fiction, something else to distract his mind.

“Shiki-sama.” Akiha’s voice announced her presence, entered the room, “Dinner is ready.”

“It is? Shiki sighed, “Guess I didn’t find anything interesting after all.” He began to walk out of the library, stopping as he passed Akiha.

“Yes...?” Akiha said.

Shiki thought about what he could say to her. Asking her to stop? Telling her that this was enough? He didn’t know. This day was strange and he didn’t even know if he wasn’t the one going crazy. “Isn’t it a lot? Doing all the cooking and cleaning by yourself? Don't you have any help?”

Akiha, again, reacted to him with confusion. “Are you
    absolutely sure you’re well? You’ve been acting strangely all day, and seem to have forgotten much.” She shook her head, “Still, I can answer the question. I am the only maid in the household. It is not much, I am only caring for you along, after all.”

“Are you sure?” Shiki found himself believing her. “I wouldn’t mind help-”

“No.” Akiha said forcefully.

Shiki couldn’t help but smile, “So I’ve offered that before?” He had actually made the same offer to Hisui and Kohaku several times, they had never accepted it though.

Akiha smiled back, “Many times.” She walked out the door, her dress fluttering with each confident step, “Well come on Shiki-sama, I worked hard on dinner, are you going to ignore it?”

“I’m too hungry for that.” Shiki admitted.

Dinner was, like breakfast, western style. Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, some rolls, and to his surprise, wine. When he had questioned it, she said, “There’s nothing wrong with a little wine with dinner, Shiki-sama.” Shiki, of course, figured she just wanted an excuse to drink some herself later. Of course, dinner was still mildly stressful. With Akiha leaning over his shoulder (figuratively, he was sure she’d call doing it literally “improper”) he felt like he had to put on a display of perfect table manners, otherwise she’d just look at him disapprovingly and he’d feel terrible. So even though it was just the two of them, Shiki put on the show of a perfect gentlemen.

“It was good.” He said as he finished off the rolls, leaving nothing on his plates.

“Thank you.” Akiha curtsied, “I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Shiki’s face turned red as it came to him. He had been distracted all day by the strangeness of it all, but now one fact came to him. Akiha was really cute in that outfit. Akiha was rarely ‘cute’. Most of the time she projected an image of elegant beauty, only rarely seeming ‘cute’ when they were alone. Plus, he had to admit, he had a few times wondered what she would look like in that maid outfit. “Oh... uh...” Akiha seemed to realize what Shiki was thinking, and her face became a little red as well. “W-well, Shiki-sama, is there anything else you need?”

“I think I’ll just go back to reading.” Shiki said quickly, and after saying so Akiha quickly gathered up the dishes and ran out of the dining room.

While Shiki wouldn’t call it the weirdest day he had experienced, it was definitely up there. Still, whatever it was, a prank, a weird dream, whatever, Shiki was sure that things wouldn’t continue on like this. By tomorrow things would be back to normal, Hisui would wake him up, he and Akiha would be back to their normal relationship, and they would either laugh at their prank or he would laugh at this odd dream. Yes, that must be it, this is all just a dream...

“Good morning, Shiki-sama.”

Shiki pulled on his glasses and opened his eyes as he sat up.

Akiha, still wearing that maid outfit, smiled at him.

Thump. Shiki fell back into his bed.

“Shiki-sama!?”

What is this?

A Tsukihime fanfic. Duh. To be exact, it takes place after Akiha's True End and A Story for the Evening.

Another major project?

Well not quite, this isn't going to be super long, it's just a little thing that popped in my head after seeing fanart of Akiha in a maid outfit.

So... Table of Contents?

Exactly.

Part 1: Why am I being woken up by Her!?
    Part 2: She's dating who?
    Part 3: Why did he kiss me?
    Part 4: Why is she smiling?
    Part 5: Where is she?
    Part 6: How do you know?
    Part 7: You Remember Too?
    Part 8: I did that?
    Part 9: That's what it is?
    Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Last edited by Pata Hikari; December 29th, 2016 at 08:42 PM.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Overreaction

Spoiler:

Interesting! Even though nothing truly exciting happened here, I still find it humorous. Has a very Kagetsu Tohya feel.
    Last edited by Servant Shiki; May 1st, 2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seems interesting.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Curiouser and curiouser - the more I consider it, the more confused I am. But I'm certainly entertained.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Very curious. Perhaps some sort of dream world ala Kagetsu Tohya?

One problem with that theory is that this is a Far Side story soooo no Len.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Shiki in a coma then?
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    Shiki in a coma then?
    Nope, it's the last bits of oxygen leaving his brain are making him see a fleeting ilusion as he finally dies from his MEODP melting his brain faster than wax.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

After breakfast there was still some time before Shiki had to head to school. So he decided to attempt to sate his curiosity. What would Akiha do while he was at school? Hisui and Kohaku didn’t need to go to school, both of them had already passed the Daiken Test. What would Akiha do? He checked her room, it was still empty and unused.

There was, of course, that room that he had noticed yesterday. Was Akiha really using that room? The door was now shut, “Akiha?” He said as he opened it, “Are you-” Akiha was in there, yes. However, she wasn’t wearing anything but her underwear. Their eyes locked, Shiki’s eyes didn’t dare move anywhere else.

He shut the door just as the screaming started.

Role Revert

By Pata Hikari

Part 2: She’s dating who?

“Shiki-sama... there is a ritual human beings perform called knocking.” Akiha said, as Shiki sat in a chair, his head hung low. “We do it before we open closed doors.” She was now wearing the girl’s uniform of his school. Shiki had to admit, Akiha looked good in it. The shorter skirt, in particular, he approved of. Of course, such thoughts were in the back of his mind right now. His chief concern was avoiding setting Akiha off and ending his pitiful life. “What were you thinking? Just marching into a young lady’s room without a single thought!? Shouldn’t you know better Shiki-sama!?”

“It’s not like-” Shiki was about to say “It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked a million times before.” but he realized that, perhaps, saying such a thing to Akiha as she was now might absolutely lead to his death. For one thing, he was beginning to think that Akiha had no idea what their relationship had been just two days ago. She, he and Akiha were very rarely overtly romantic, but she hadn’t even dropped any hints. “Uh, Akiha...” Shiki said, “Perhaps we should head to school now?”

This seemed to drive Akiha out of her lecturing state, “Oh! Right. We don’t want to be late.” She quickly twirled around and Shiki had to wonder for a moment why the girls uniform’s skirts were so short. The skirt had flared up, as she spun, just a little bit more and Shiki would have gotten a dangerous sight that Akiha might have decided to kill him for, late for school or not.

Everything outside the mansion looked normal as well. Nothing had changed, the path to school was the same familiar one he had taken for the past year.

Akiha walked slightly ahead of him, while he doubted that she would be particularly affected by this seeming change in route. As far as he knew, she had only gone to his school for a very short while, but judging by how she had the uniform-

“MRRROOOWW!!”

“Waaahhh!” With his focus on Akiha, Shiki hadn’t been paying any attention to the rest of the world, and thus tripped over a cat. “Owww....”

In an instant, Akiha was at his side, “Shiki-sama! Are you injured? Is anything bleeding, broken? Do you need me to carry you?”

“Nnnn I’m fine...” Shiki groaned as he stood up, “I just tripped, nothing major.” He brushed the dirt off his clothes, nothing was hurting. “I’m fine, really.” He smiled reassuringly at her. Akiha didn’t look quite convinced, but at the same time they couldn’t dawdle or else they’d be late. “Oh, by the way...” He said, beginning to walk again, forcing Akiha to keep up. “At school, um, what do you...”

Akiha sighed, “Memory problems again? It would only lead to trouble and bothersome rumors. At school you are simply Tohno-Senpai.”

“That’s good.” Shiki was grateful that Akiha seemed to not be as stubborn as Hisui on this matter.... “...yeah.” Great. He was beginning to accept this premise as normal.

After reaching the school, Shiki and Akiha parted. He went up to the third floor with the Third Years, while Akiha went to the second as a Second Year. Class was uneventful, unlike the last time he remembered Akiha coming to his school, nobody reacted. Even the one constant in his school life acted normal.

“Oh if it isn’t Tohno-sama. How goes the rich life?” Arihiko said.

That is to say, Arihiko was the same strangely likable pain-in-the-ass as usual.

“I’ve been living in that place for a year and you just now bring it up? I guess that is the limits of your thought processing ability.” Shiki quipped back.

“Nah man. It’s nothing like that. I just thought I’d remind you of it. You know, to let you know how good you have it. Living in that huge mansion, heir to a large fortune, have Akiha-chan as a cute live in maid...” Arihiko said.

“...” Well that confirmed that this wasn’t just as delusion of Akiha. Arihiko was a (mostly) normal guy, so if he was playing along then it was likely something more. “You just want me to lend you some money, don’t you.”

“Oh hey man, I’m hurt.” Arihiko clenched his fists dramatically, “To accuse your best friend of begging you cash, how can you sink so low?”

“Depends, how much do you want?” Shiki said.

“Well, enough for a decent dinner for two wouldn’t be too bad...”

Shiki raised an eyebrow, “For two? If you want me to go get ramen with you me lending you the money kind of kills the point of you paying for it.”

Arihiko slapped Shiki on the back, “Not for you, dumbass! It’s a date!”

“Really?” Shiki said, “I’m impressed any woman would get near you.”

“Heh. I guess you just don’t understand my bad-boy charm.” Arihiko puffed his chest out proudly. “Yeah, then again I guess you don’t need to worry about dates. What with Akiha-chan and all... man if I had a maid like her I wouldn’t worry about other women ei-”

“Ohhhhh are you having dirty thoughts Ari-kun?” A new voice interrupted their discussion.

Both of them turned their gaze to the source of the new voice. “Koha-” Shiki almost said, then stopped. She was a girl yes, with red hair, and a cheerful smile. But her eyes were not Kohaku’s amber. Rather, they were jade blue... “Hisui...?”

“Hi Shiki-chan!” Hisui said, grinning widely, before turning back to Arihiko, “I don’t think Nee-san will like hearing about that.”

“O-oh come on Hisui-chan! It was just guy talk, you know?” Arihiko said defensively.

“Really? I thought for sure you were saying how Akiha-chan was prettier than her.” Hisui said.

“I never said that!” Arihiko said.

“Oh? Then what was all that about then...?” Hisui’s grin was like a shark nearing it’s prey.

“I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything he says Hisui.” Shiki said, barely managing to get back into the flow of things. “He’s an idiot who can not survive without one foot firmly planted in his mouth at all times.”

“Yeah! Exactly!” Arihiko said. A moment passed, and he realized Shiki’s defense of him had been rather insulting, “Hey!” He glared at the giggling Hisui, “Shouldn’t you be back with the second years? We Seniors are very busy.”

“Awwww I just wanted to eat lunch with Shiki-chan.” Hisui mock-pouted, “Then I hear you planning to cheat on poor Nee-san!”

“What? What goes on in that head of yours?!” Arihiko looked ready to pull his hair out.

“Lunch...” Shiki’s eyes widened, “Oh crap.” He looked through his pockets, no money in his wallet.

Hisui frowned, “Geez Shiki-chan, did you forget lunch?”

Shiki laughed nervously, “Yeah. It was stupid of me. I don’t have any money on me either. Guess I’ll be going hungry today.”

“Really man? You’re rich and you don’t have any cash on you?” Arihiko said.

Shiki rolled his eyes, “It’s not that simple Arihiko. I may have a lot of money on paper, but most of it’s all held up in properties and investments. Plus a lot of even that is held up in the Tohno Group, so I couldn’t even begin to get at it without getting permission from extended family and investors. My personal funds are significantly smaller than you would think.”

“Wow.” Hisui said, “When did you get all responsible sounding Shiki-chan?”

“Yeah I have to agree. You almost sounded smart for a minute there.” Arihiko said.

Shiki groaned at the two redheads. “I have to become an adult some time, don’t I?” At first he had not had anything to do with the family finances. But a few months ago Akiha began guiding him through the process of managing the large amount of money his family handled. He had found himself enjoying it, not so much for the sake of earning more cash, but more for just being able to spend more time with her.

The door to the classroom opened. “Ah... it’s Akiha-chan.” Arihiko said. Just as he had said, Akiha entered the class, holding a bag. A few people whispered about what she was doing here... but nothing too odd.

“Senpai.” Akiha said, walking up to the desk.

“Y-yes?” Shiki said. ‘Senpai.’ Not ‘Shiki’ or ‘Nii-san’ (as she still sometimes called him) or anything like that.

Akiha held up the bag and set it on the desk, “Forgive me, I forgot to give this to you before we left.” She turned and left the classroom, ignoring the whispers. Shiki opened the bag. It was a lunch box.

“Guess I’m going to eat after all.” Shiki said with a slightly embarrassed smile.

Hisui giggled, “She’s great, isn’t she?”

“Y-yeah.” Shiki sighed.

School ended without any further events. Shiki ended up walking out with Arihiko and Hisui. The two seemed to get along fairly well. Hisui quite cheerfully gossiping about every single thing that had happened in school today “...was absent today and Haru-san was sure it was because of her but I was like no way would...” Shiki was beginning to miss the normal Hisui.

Leaving the building, Shiki noticed another girl standing by the gates. She was... very similar looking to Hisui, only her slightly longer hair distinguished her.

“H-hello, Kohaku-san.” Shiki said.

Kohaku smiled, but it was subtle. “Good afternoon, Shiki-san.” She replied back.

“H-hey Kohaku-chan...” Arihiko said.

“Good afternoon to you too Arihiko-san.” Kohaku said.

“Right! Nee-san, he was saying awful things!” Hisui jumped in front of her, “He was totally going to mmmphhh!” Hisui couldn’t say anymore because Arihiko had decided to cover her mouth.

“Just ignore her. She takes stupid things way out of context.” Arihiko said, struggling to still hold Hisui.

Kohaku sighed, “Arihiko-san, you can let go of Hisui-chan now. I know she’s just teasing.”

“...nbmmmmmggmmmggg with a goat!” Hisui said as Arihiko finally released her.

“How was today, Shiki-san?” Kohaku said, her tone polite and even.

“A little strange, but not... too bad.” Shiki answered.

“Glad to hear.” Kohaku said.

“So, Kohaku-chan.” Arihiko pushed himself in front of her, “Um, about tonight... I might not have enough money for-”

“Oh that’s fine.” Kohaku said, “Just a walk through the park, is fine. Maybe we could play some games?”

Arihiko groaned, “You always beat me at those...”

That’s when it hit Shiki, all the casual hints dropped through the day. “Wait... Kohaku-san... are... are you dating Arihiko?!”

There was a long silence.

“Wow Tohno. We’ve been going out for a month and you just now comment on it?” Arihiko’s jaw was dropping.

Shiki, luckily, was quick to recover. “Every time I see it it’s like a dream. Such an impossible event of you attracting someone so out of your league it’s not even funny, I find myself thinking I hallucinated.”

“Man...” Arihiko groaned, “Look, I know they’re your childhood friends, but could you turn down the protectiveness?”

“Nope! Me and Shiki-chan will keep Nee-san safe from your bad intentions!” Hisui chimed in.

Kohaku sighed again, “OK Hisui-chan. What about protecting Arihiko-san from my bad intentions?”

“Oh those are fine.” Hisui said.

“Hey!” Arihiko shouted, “Women... why do I bother....?”

“How are you feeling Kohaku-san?” Shiki said as Hisui and Arihiko got into another spat.

“Oh I’ve been well Shiki-san.” Kohaku replied, “Been doing homework and all that.”

“I can imagine it’s a bit of a pain.” Shiki said, “Oh...” He looked back to his friend, “Uh...”

“It’s fine, Shiki-san.” Kohaku seemed to understand what he was thinking.

“No, no it’s fine. I know he’s a good guy, even if he’s a big of a punk.” Shiki said, “I was just thinking about you.”

Kohaku smiled for the second time today, it was warm. “I’m glad. You’ve always looked out for us, since we were kids.”

A girl in the window. Watching, expressionless, as they played.

Since we were kids... Shiki thought, and realized what was going on. Hisui and Kohaku were acting like, as far as he could tell, as they acted as children. “Yeah,” He said with a bitter smile, “I do, Kohaku-san.”

“Got you now!” Hisui was now somehow on top of Arihiko’s back.

“Ahhh! Get her off me! Get the monster off me!” Arihiko shouted.

Shiki groaned, “Damn it. Hisui, please stop trying to murder my friend.”

Arihiko and Kohaku went off on their own, apparently to head to their date, so Shiki was left with Hisui. But before he could talk to her further, Akiha left the building.

“Good afternoon Hisui-san.” Akiha said.

“Hi Akiha-chan.” Hisui waved.

“Was I interrupting something?” Akiha looked between him and Hisui.

“I was just about to drag Shiki-chan to a love hotel and make him my husband, you know, the usual.” Hisui said casually. Shiki nearly fell over.

Akiha smirked, “Oh? That would be difficult as I thought last week you were going to marry him to Kohaku-san.”

“Well, you know, gotta be flexible.” Hisui said.

Shiki began to wonder just what world he had been dragged in to.

“Oh I think Shiki-sama is getting uncomfortable.” Akiha said.

“Oh I’m just fine.” Shiki said, “Just wondering what I wanted for dinner.”

“Dinner...” Hiusi said, “Shiki-chan! Can I please please please come over for dinner?” She clasped her hands together, “Pleeeaassssee?”

Shiki looked over to Akiha, “Uh... do you think it’s...”

Ahikia shrugged, “It’s your choice.”

Right, he was technically in charge now. It was odd. “Sure... Hisui. I’d be glad to have you.”

“Yay!” Hisui jumped for joy, “I don’t have to eat take out and old plums tonight!” She laughed, “Cause you know Nee-san’s going to be out late.”

“Uh... I’m trying not to think of that.” Shiki said.

Blog Entries
    Good update, you got me to laugh with the role you have to the twins in this. CanI expect more genki Hisui and Ladylike Kohaku or are they but a simple filler role?

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, conclusions time:

Hisui's more Kohaku-like - which makes sense, since she supposedly always was - and Kohaku is . . . Ciel-ish? And dating Arihiko. That is strange. And Ren is involved, it looks like - but this is an odd dream, for her. Maybe she can only work with what her target's experienced? Different route = different Shiki, and therefore this version of Kagetsu Tohya is very different.

Intriguing and amusing both - very well done, on your part. I did note one little error, though:

She, he and Akiha were very rarely overtly romantic,
    I think you mean "Sure," here. Beyond that, nicely done, and thank you.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I like your writing style. This fic is pretty mind boggling- I hope you'll forgo the usual 'Zelretch Ren did it'.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

This one is so amazing.

Really happy to see more Tsu fanfic.

The Knight who tramples other people wish Castiel's Avatar
    Ooohh! This is certainly an interesting one, though no matter how many times i read it Chirpy!Hisui feels kinda weird..
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Fate/Extra CCC: where the nun is a ho, and the bro's are bros.

It's not a dream, by the way.

Just thought I'd debunk that right now.

Also, fear the Genki-Hisui, fear her and her terrible power, for I have unleashed her upon this world.
    Last edited by Pata Hikari; May 3rd, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari
    Hisui and Kohaku were acting like, as far as he could tell, as they acted as children.
    Meanie! I was feeling so smug for figuring that out, and then you had to go put it right there in the text.

...I'm glad that it isn't a dream, though. "Dream" stories longer than one chapter should be taken out in the street and shot. Just sayin'. (Although...are you suuuuure it's not a dream? 'Cause Arihiko having a girlfriend and all sure seems like something that requires some level of delusion...)

It's almost like in this world, the Nanayas are the bloodline that runs the Tohno Family or some such. Like, they killed off the demon bloodline years ago or something... If Makahisa was never head of the Tohno Family, then he wouldn't have the power to abuse Kohaku and so the twins would grow up unscarred by the past. And his daughter wouldn't be the head of the family, and she wouldn't be thinking of Shiki as nii-san since they would never have been adoptive brother and sister. Ah, well, I'm sure answers will be forthcoming to the two basic questions common to all "wake up in an alternate world" stories: What are the rules/differences/defining points of the new setting, and why is our protagonist suddenly here.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    It's not a dream, by the way.

Just thought I'd debunk that right now.

Also, fear the Genki-Hisui, fear her and her terrible power, for I have unleashed her upon this world.
    YUSHHH!!! Eagerly following your story nao.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Although...are you suuuuure it's not a dream? 'Cause Arihiko having a girlfriend and all sure seems like something that requires some level of delusion...)
    Spoilers it's actually Arihiko's dream.

yes Arihiko often dreams from Shiki's point of view why do you ask

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I'm really starting to enjoy reading Arihiko stuff.