Page 176 of 782 FirstFirst ... 76126166171174175176177178181186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Class: Caster
    Titles: The King of Wisdom
    **True Name: Solomon the Wise
    Alignment: Lawful Good/Neutral

Background/History:
    Spoiler:
    One of the sons to Kind David of Israel, and successor to the throne, Solomon was anointed king and followed in his father’s footsteps as a man of YHWH. In his younger years he was blessed, as he requested, with wisdom from YHWH and received it. Many accounts of his wisdom are known, especially the “Judgment of Solomon”.

He built the First Temple of Jerusalem upon Mount Zion and lead Israel to great prosperity. Solomon and the Queen of Sheba are famous, or infamous, for meeting with one another on at least one special occasion and he astounded her with his knowledge and wisdom - some accounts state that they became lovers, but the Queen would not marry him, as to retain singular control of her kingdom.

In the Judeo-Christian accounts he fell into idolatry in his older years, having married many wives and having many concubines that were from lands who worshipped other gods and goddesses for whom he had altars built. This led to his demise and the division of the nation.

According to more apocryphal texts, he was a magus and learned in the ways of binding and commanding djinn and other spirits, and died still praising YHWH alone. In a few accounts, he died leaning on his staff, and YHWH had termites weaken it so that man and spirits alike would finally be aware of his death.

Servants I know are always nice.

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: B

Noble Phantasms: B++

Class Skills

Territory Creation is the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    **A - Creation of a “Temple”, which is superior to a “Workshop”, becomes possible.

Something about his great temple in Jerusalem would be interesting.

Item Construction is the skill to manufacture magical items.
    **N/A - At the cost of the acquisition of the summoning ability means of the Noble Phantasm, the "Item Construction" skill is lost.

Personal Skills

Golden Rule measures one’s fortune to acquire wealth.
    **B - Money problems can be dealt with within a day.

Presence Detection is the ability to detect other Servants and local mana sources.
    **N/A

Disengage is the ability to break away from conflict.
    **C - Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match.
    I don't really get why he has this, but okay I guess.

Noble Phantasms

**Chokma - Blessed Wisdom from YHWH
    Type: Support

Grants Caster immunity to mental interference and clarity of thought in all circumstances and also replicates the effects of Revelation, an ability that effectively is Eye of the Mind (True), Instinct, and Military Tactics in one, but has no limitations of application. A Divine Blessing upon Caster in life.

If Solomon should stray from the path of YHWH, is this Noble Phantasm impacted in any way?

**Seal of Solomon - Key of the 72 Goetia
    Type: Anti-Army, Support

The crystallization of the believe belief in Abrahamic lore that Solomon commanded spirits likened to Djinni, and later arose into the Key and Lesser Key detailing the 72 demons that obeyed him. This Noble Phantasm, in the physical form of a ring upon his hand, is truly a gate that grants him the ability to summon all 72 Goetic Demons as he wishes, though only once for each until dismissal. Animal Dialogue is available to him.

Each of the 72 can be used for varying effects outside of being powerful familiars. Solomon can sacrifice the ability to summon each individually to use as an attack spell of a variety of elemental affinities, mostly fire, water, wind, and darkness, to the effect of an Anti-Army spell. Rank varies between B to A.

Should all 72 be used, then the Djinn Sakhr, also known as Bartimaeus, will be the only summon Caster can make and Caster will only be able to use spells of fire and pain ranging from Ranks C to B+. Whether this is a boon or a bane cannot be known to anyone besides Caster and Sakhr.
    -Note: Sakhr betraying Caster and/or Caster’s Master is possible and likely.

This Solomon seems a bit underwhelming. Not power-wise, but as a character. (I can't believe I'm saying this) Wank him more. Solomon brought his city to unheard-of prosperity. He could seal demons in a ring. He can seal demons in a bottle that just happens to have his symbol on it. This is the man who can judge perfectly and discern the truth (and I know that Chokma covers that, but I'm just not getting the ALL KNOWING KING vibe from it.) quick Wikipedia Quran quote

And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i. e. in one day he could travel two months' journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord, And whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire. [Quran 34:12]

This man controls the wind itself. He can move incredibly quickly. Nasuverse Demons are either planet-based beings around from the beginning or Tatari-like manifestations of humankind's fears Unless you want to really wank Solomon and have him control Demon Lords (True Ancestors who succumb to their bloodlust) and be ridiculously op and would also be awesome. If any of these creatures try to disobey, We (presumably Angels) cause them to taste fire.

I could go on a rant about how alien and powerful angels are, but that'll happen some other time.

Last edited by Asdfghl; November 16th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Servants I know are always nice.

Something about his great temple in Jerusalem would be interesting.
    Wasn't sure if repeating what I already stated in the background/history would look poorly done.

I don't really get why he has this, but okay I guess.

If Solomon should stray from the path of YHWH, is this Noble Phantasm impacted in any way?
    Thought about that, but decided to let it remain "as is".

[edit] Corrected that error.
    Hm, maybe I should write something on Sakhr (Bartimaeus) in the description of the Seal...
    Last edited by Lycodrake; November 16th, 2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

I'm editing it; I was only halfway done. Don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean to attack you. I'm just trying to criticize your post. The Sealed Demons in the Ring are great, although I didn't say so because I was looking for flaws.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 16th, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    This Solomon seems a bit underwhelming. Not power-wise, but as a character. (I can't believe I'm saying this) Wank him more. Solomon brought his city to unheard-of prosperity. He could seal demons in a ring. He can seal demons in a bottle that just happens to have his symbol on it. This is the man who can judge perfectly and discern the truth (and I know that Chokma covers that, but I'm just not getting the ALL KNOWING KING vibe from it.) quick Wikipedia Quran quote

And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i. e. in one day he could travel two months' journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord, And whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire. [Quran 34:12]

This man controls the wind itself. He can move incredibly quickly. He...
    While you likely aren't done...
    Would raising his rank in AGI to "A (D)" (with a note for the Seal attributing this effect) and putting "Allows Caster to judge perfectly and discern truth" to Chokma be better? Or would you advise something different in that respect?
    As for the wind part, that I hadn't heard of, besides the speed/transportation nature of it.

Nasuverse Demons are either planet-based beings around from the beginning or Tatari-like manifestations of humankind's fears Unless you want to really wank Solomon and have him control Demon Lords (True Ancestors who succumb to their bloodlust) and be ridiculously op and would also be awesome. If any of these creatures try to disobey, We (presumably Angels) cause them to taste fire.

I could go on a rant about how alien and powerful angels are, but that'll happen some other time.
    Djinni exist as elemental spirits in Nasu-verse, IIRC; I just used the term "demon", as that is what they are described as in the Goetia; though perhaps I should note that "despite being called 'demons', these spirits are very much still 'djinn'"?

I'm editing it; I was only halfway done. Don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean to attack you. I'm just trying to criticize your post. The Sealed Demons in the Ring are great, although I didn't say so because I was looking for flaws.
    Not a problem, I appreciate the constructive criticism greatly. ^^
    Last edited by Lycodrake; November 16th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

While you likely aren't done...
    Would raising his rank in AGI to "A (D)" (with a note for the Seal attributing this effect) and putting "Allows Caster to judge perfectly and discern truth" to Chokma be better? Or would you advise something different in that respect?
    Let me try. I'll post it in this post once I finish.

Grants Caster immunity to mental interference and clarity of thought in all circumstances and also replicates the effects of Revelation, an ability that effectively is Eye of the Mind (True), Instinct, and Military Tactics in one, but has no limitations of application. A Divine Blessing upon Caster in life.

Chokma: YHWH-granted Wisdom
    Passive Support Noble Phantasm

EX: The night after Solomon was crowned, YHWH came to him in a dream and told him that he could have any one thing he wanted, be it land, wealth, or a long life. Solomon asked for wisdom and YHWH was so pleased that Solomon was given wisdom along with many other divine blessings.

This Noble Phantasm allows Solomon to claim any and all Skills related to knowledge not the exclusive domain of one Heroic Spirit as his own. These include (but are not limited to) Eye for Art, Expert of Many Specializations and all of those Specializations, Librarian of Stored Knowledge, Eye of the Mind (False), Military Tactics, Instinct, Item Construction, Rune Magic, High Speed Divine Words, Witchcraft, Presence Detection,

Discernment of Truth,
    Represents this Servant being able to tell truth from lies. (similar to Discernment of the Poor).

Psychometry,
    This Servant can sense the history and uses of an object. Ranks up change senses used and lower the time required.

Being a Divine Blessing, it also raises his Prana Capacity by one rank and grants Arbiter of Divine Justice at Rank C.

Arbiter of Divine Justice (Originally designed for my Servant Abraham; it's also on my Samson.)
    Symbolizes the Servant as a willing Servant of Divine will(s). Of course, loss of divine favor, be it though forbidden actions, words, or the Deity's whim, will remove this skill.

C: Although still bound by Fate, this Servant has shown notable loyalty to their Deity/Deites. If their actions are in accord with Divine intent, they gain slight resistance to mental interference not from their Deity. Circumstantial bonuses akin to those given by the Counter Force, Alaya, are also known to take effect. Of course, loss of divine favor, be it though forbidden actions, words, or the Deity's whim, will remove this skill.

And for those curious, Rank A is displayed below. (Abraham has n/a Luck; Skills/NPs that depend on luck to attack him always fail.)

A: This Servant projects an aura of pressure and their presence is always obvious. If their actions are in accord with Divine purposes, they can resist attacks, magecrafts, and even Command Seals, although doing so may kill them, through pure willpower. Their purpose is to carry out the will of their god. They can defy Fate, but the will of their god is the path they choose to walk, and it binds them. Actions explicitly desired by their deity gain circumstantial bonuses akin to those given by Alaya, the Counterforce.

If it's going to be ranked EX, it had better be worth that rank. A Reality Marble of his Temple would also be pretty cool.

As for the wind part, that I hadn't heard of, besides the speed/transportation nature of it.
    Neither had I, I just was looking for Solomon's abilities.

Djinni exist as elemental spirits in Nasu-verse, IIRC; I just used the term "demon", as that is what they are described as in the Goetia; though perhaps I should note that "despite being called 'demons', these spirits are very much still 'djinn'"?
    They are Djinn, but Solomon is famous for being anti-demon, and while the original probably meant something closer to djinn, I think the legend would warp that towards demons.

Not a problem, I appreciate the constructive criticism greatly. ^^
    Anytime.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 16th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Arcas, the Ursa Minor

Alternate Apperance

Class: Archer
    Titles: Ursa Minor
    **True Name: Arcas
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Background/History:
    Spoiler:
    One of the many children of Zeus, by Callisto the nymph. His mother had been in the retinue of the goddess Artemis, but Zeus wanted her for a lover; using Artemis’ form, he seduced her and she bore to him Arcas. Hera’s wrath upon Callisto led to her transformation into a bear.

He was hidden away in a land that would bear his name, Arcadia, by his father as to escape Hera’s wrath. He lived there until the day his mothers’ father, Lycaon, made to sacrifice him to the gods, mocking and taunting Zeus to rescue the youth. “If you think you are so clever, make your son whole and unharmed,” for Lycaon had already put him upon the alter and in its flames. Enraged beyond measure, Zeus did so, but not before transforming Lycaon into a mindless werewolf.

Arcas became the new king of Arcadia, and one of Greece’s greatest hunters. One day hunting, he came across his mother. Upon seeing her son after so long, she went to embrace him, but, not knowing that the bear was his mother, he went to kill her with an arrow. Zeus took pity upon them and decided to avert the tragedy, putting them both up in the heavens as Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. When Hera heard of this, she became so angry that she asked Thetys to keep them in a certain place, so that the constellations would never sink below the horizon and receive water.

Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: C

Noble Phantasm: B++

Class Skills

Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects.
    **C: Cancel spells with a chant below two verses; cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
    -Note: Archer is especially able to resist fire, but unable to deal with water in this fashion.

Personal Skills

Animal Dialogue is communication of intention with animals that don’t speak a “language of words”.
    **B - Complex nuances can be conveyed, though misunderstandings may still occur.

Clairvoyance is superior visual perception. Supplement long-range aiming and increases dynamic vision.
    **C: Capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 4kms.

Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. It has an effect which reduces special defensive values in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith.
    **B - Archer is a demi-god and received help from his father, and holds no ill will towards the gods. Whether this is from ignorance of Hera’s malice or not is unknown.

Noble Phantasms

**Kυνόσουρα - Polaris, the Lodestar
    Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army

A weapon born from not only Archer’s legend and mystery, but also that of the constellation baring the name "Ursa Minor" and the star Polaris, “Cynosūra” is a crossbow with a firing capability more destructive than any bow or ballistae known to man. It is well suited for Archer, though a different form than what he knew in life, however this does not diminish his skill as a hunter or archer in any way.

To invoke the "true" name of Noble Phantasm, these conditions must be met.
    1. The stars must be visible.
    2. Archer must be targeting an enemy Servant, Familiars, or "Animal- or Beast-type" Noble Phantasms. (Riders take warning.)
    3. Arcadia must be active.
    4. The Hesperides must have been used the night before or the same night.

If these conditions are met, Arcas is able to call upon the might of Polaris itself - in effect his "Seventh Arrow". The enemy Servant is "caught like a deer in the headlights" -unless meeting a 5th condition: being a hunter themselves in life - and the light of Polaris - is sent down upon them in the form of a "laser". There is an Endurance and Mana check that must be made; if the Servant has an average below Rank "C", then they are damaged heavily - possibly to the point of death, especially if they have been hit by one of the Hesperides.
    Even if the Servant meets the Stat check, they are damaged so that they must recover for one night.

**Ἑσπερίδες - The Dazzling Lights
    Type: Anti-Unit

The six stars that make up the body of Ursa Minor, named after the maiden nymphs - also daughters of Atlas - that tended to the garden of golden apples. In apperance regular-sized arrows, the true might of each is that of a ballistae bolt - an arrow intended to bring down fortress walls. The reason for this could be that each is imbued with the concept of "light" or more specifically "starlight" and may be a reference to Zeus' own "Thunderbolt".
    Arcas may or may not develop a love of apples if he uses this Noble Phantasm during the day.

-Note for Cynosūra and Hesperides: In addition, both of these Noble Phantasm's accuracy and power are raised if shot northward or at night with stars visible- this is the condition for the Rank Up modifier.
    AGI and LCK checks must be made upon the decision of enemy Servants to “dodge”. However, this Noble Phantasm cannot harm Archer, his Master, or those he or his Master consider allies - just as Archer was stopped from harming his mother in bear form by his father Zeus.

**Αρκαδία - Utopia of Wilds

A Noble Phantasm similar to a Reality Marble, and as such unquantifiable, Arcadia rewrites the world around it to be a terrain known better to Archer (basically it transforms the land/terrain around Arcas to be...): forested mountains with seasonal rains and snows. It can be used to create a vantage point, and it cannot be perceived as an attack.

xxxxxxx

[edit] Polaris is now a kill-sat with conditions and added/expanded-upon the Hesperides. I also thought about adding "Καλλιστώ - The Bear-Mother's Blessing/Protection", Support-type, in the form of a cloak that would protect against "natural elements", but decided against that.

Hope you don't mind me posting another one while you critique my Caster-Solomon, asdfghl.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 14th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    You are seriously my favorite thing to happen to this thread since Petri.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Lyco, the other dude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Not Lyco, the other dude.
    Awww...
    F/GO SUPPORT

Class: Archer
    Titles: Ursa Minor
    **True Name: Arcas
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Oh he's the bear guy right?

Background/History:
    Spoiler:
    One of the many children of Zeus, by Callisto the nymph. His mother had been in the retinue of the goddess Artemis, but Zeus wanted her for a lover; using Artemis’ form, he seduced her and she bore to him Arcas. Hera’s wrath upon Callisto led to her transformation into a bear.

He was hidden away in a land that would bear his name, Arcadia, by his father as to escape Hera’s wrath. He lived there until the day his mothers’ father, Lycaon, made to sacrifice him to the gods, mocking and taunting Zeus to rescue the youth. “If you think you are so clever, make your son whole and unharmed,” for Lycaon had already put him upon the alter and in its flames. Enraged beyond measure, Zeus did so, but not before transforming Lycaon into a mindless werewolf.

Arcas became the new king of Arcadia, and one of Greece’s greatest hunters. One day hunting, he came across his mother. Upon seeing her son after so long, she went to embrace him, but, not knowing that the bear was his mother, he went to kill her with an arrow. Zeus took pity upon them and decided to avert the tragedy, putting them both up in the heavens as Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. When Hera heard of this, she became so angry that she asked Thetys to keep them in a certain place, so that the constellations would never sink below the horizon and receive water.

Mana: D
    Luck: C

Noble Phantasm: B++

Class Skills

Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects.
    **C: Cancel spells with a chant below two verses; cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
    -Note: Archer is especially able to resist fire, but unable to deal with water in this fashion.

Personal Skills

Animal Dialogue is communication of intention with animals that don’t speak a “language of words”.
    **B - Complex nuances can be conveyed, though misunderstandings may still occur.

Clairvoyance is superior visual perception. Supplement long-range aiming and increases dynamic vision.
    **C: Capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 4kms.

Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. It has an effect which reduces special defensive values in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith.
    **B - Archer is a demi-god and received help from his father, and holds no ill will towards the gods. Whether this is from ignorance of Hera’s malice or not is unknown.

How about Crossing Arcadia? One of Apocrypha Atalanta's skills.

Noble Phantasms

**Kυνόσουρα - Polaris, the Lodestar

A weapon born from not only Archer’s legend and mystery, but also that of the star Polaris, “Cynosūra” is a crossbow with a firing capability more destructive than any bow or ballistae known to man, most like a “magical railgun”. Firing off regular sized arrows, the truly fearsome trait of this Noble Phantasm is realized when Archer can fire six consecutive bolts in what accounts for one attack.
    In addition, this Noble Phantasm's accuracy and power is raised if shot northward - this is the condition for the "++". Awesome North idea. So if you summon him at the South Pole...
    -Note: AGI and LCK checks must be made upon the decision of enemy Servants to “dodge”. However, this Noble Phantasm cannot harm Archer, his Master, or those he or his Master consider allies - just as Archer was stopped from harming his mother in bear form.
    So you can munchkin it into an ally detector? IMMEDIATELY shoot the mediator. Reread it and I guess I can't. Aw.

**Αρκαδία - Utopia of Wilds

A Noble Phantasm similar to a Reality Marble, and as such unquantifiable, Arcadia rewrites the world around it to be a terrain known better to Archer: forested mountains with seasonal rains and snows. It can be used to create a vantage point, but it cannot be perceived as an attack.

Can you clarify this a LOT more? Does it summon Arcadia? Transform the land into how he remembers Arcadia?

xxxxxxx

Hope you don't mind me posting another one while you critique my Caster-Solomon, asdfghl.
    So I finished the Caster (take a look) and then I saw this and I was all asdfghl.

@Spinach: Thanks. Petri?

Also, Prokris reviews. =\
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 16th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    As for Archer and Diarmuid. Again, Gae Bolg. Diarmuid has nothing to strike with Gae Dearg unless he already starts within melee range of Archer as opposed to Archer just conjuring up Gae Bolg at a distance and slowly closing in to activate it the moment he gets within range. You are seriously underestimating the sheer versatility Archer has at his disposal. If he didn't fight like a stubborn moron he'd be a lot more dangerous given all the crap that should be at his disposal.
    And if the fight starts in melee range Diarmuid rips him to pieces in 5 seconds flat. Thats not even to mention Diarmuid would be able to sense Gae Bolg getting charged while Archer is running up and go he's using a NP, he's obviously not going to stand still in that case. He has the same rank of eye of mind(true) as Archer, he can pretty much instantly understand what the opponent is doing. And finally you are overestimating Diarmuid's chivalry, that only came into play with Saber because she was a chivalrous opponent, if he thinks the opponent is trash, he's going to be acting just like Emiya does.

Also see Mellon, her instincts help protect her against Gae Bolg, it wasn't all luck.
    Last edited by BlackField; November 17th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's nice to see you posting some Servants, Lyco! ^^; You always seemed pretty hesitant about them but they've all been pretty interesting - even if I feel iffy about Naruto ones, that's only because you had to remove some really iconic stuff just to get him in the container at all.

---

It feels like it's been forever since I wrote up a Servant and I'm a bit afraid I've probably gotten rusty and awful at it - but this was a fun study break from finals finals finals that I sorely needed. I've been wanting to write him up for a long time, and I finally had an idea for his NP. I went with silly beastmaster with a Horn of Nrvsqr.

True Name: Oisin
    Class: Rider (Saber, Lancer)

Appearance:
    Rider wears a light gray jumpsuit with brown leather straps and leggings, along with a deerskin mantle atop his slender shoulders. His chestnut brown hair is wavy and frames either side of a boyishly handsome face, with two small spikey portions on either side of the top of his head that give it the appearance of small horns. He carries various weapons with him at all times, all of such quality that which item is his Noble Phantasm is initially unclear, especially as he seems proficient with all three - a silver hunting horn at his belt, an ornate hunting spear on his back, and a gold sword at his waist that resembles a wooden branch.

(I tried to keep the Celtic Jumpsuit fashion trend alive and well)

Parameters:
    Noble Phantasm: A+
    Mana: C
    Luck: E

Class Abilities:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this rank, creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind. Due to his origins and experience with beasts, Rider's affinity with animals extends to his ability to ride them.

Personal Skills:
    Animal Dialogue
    Communication of intention with animals that don't speak a "language of words". As a poet who grew up as part of the wild, Rider is able to understand and speak with animals such that mutual understanding of even complex ideas is possible.

Instinct
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. At this level, Rider has a natural sixth sense that alerts him to danger and threats even if his human senses cannot detect them, having only been heightened throughout his childhood as a 'deer'.

Protection of the Fairies
    A blessing from Elementals; this skill represents the capacity to increase one's Luck in dangerous situations. Due to the nature of his blessing, the activation of this skill is limited to battles in which Rider is mounted on an animal or steed.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Dord Fiann - Halcyon Call of Memories
    The hunting horn of his father, Fionn mac Cumhaill, this silver horn was said to require three men to lift. This horn in Rider's possession represents his legacy as the last survivor of the Fianna; the instrument carries in it all of the memories and greatness of their adventures at their height as heroes. As legend has it, when St. Patrick doubted the superiority of the Age of Gods, the elderly Oisin proved it by leading the saint's assistant to the hiding place of the legendary horn, using it to call a bird as large as a cow to prove that the world of the Fianna had been thrice that of the modern day in every respect.

As a Noble Phantasm, the Dord Fiann retains that ability, acting as a summoning focus that calls upon animals from the Age of Gods itself. Rider cannot directly control what manner of beasts emerge to answer the horn's call, but each time the horn is played in succession, up to thrice, increasingly older and larger specimens will be summoned before the horn resets back to its base values. At its peak performance, the creatures summoned by the horn benefit from significant magic resistance in addition to their amplified physical power and speed, but the prana cost to maintain each summon rises with each level as well.

According to one account, Fionn and his Fianna never died, but instead slumber awaiting the time to arise at Ireland's hour of greatest need when this horn is sounded three times - but as a Servant, the horn wielded by Rider seems to only be capable of its lesser miracle. But if the Fianna were to be summoned within the same war...?

Embarr - The Ever-Sweeping Wave
    Type: Anti-Army
    Rider's last resort, Embarr is the only animal that he can call at will, and was said to have belonged to Lugh himself. The steed was bestowed upon him following his stay in Tir na Nog by a fairy princess who had fallen in love with the fair young bard. Said to have protected Oisin from the very passage of time in the mortal world, while Rider is atop this fae beast, he cannot be harmed in any way. Together with the magical energies and perpetual storm that rages at its hooves, Rider is a force to be reckoned with once this Noble Phantasm is invoked, and can fight on with Embarr for as long as his Master can support the prana expenditure of his mount.

Rather than true invincibility, however, Embarr only displaces the wounds inflicted on Rider's spiritual body to a future time - the moment he dismounts, any injuries inflicted during its duration are instantly applied as the world corrects the discrepancy. Because the wounds are not actually afflicted prior to dismounting, Rider cannot be preemptively healed to offset the effect of this Noble Phantasm, and should he suffer a mortal injury, he will only be protected until he dismounts or his Master's prana is used up. As a result, this is Rider's true last resort, a Noble Phantasm that allows him to win or draw even an otherwise unwinnable battle at the ultimate cost of his life.

Legend:
    Commonly believed to be the greatest poet in Irish history, Oisin was a warrior of the Fianna of Fionn mac Cumhail - as well as the fianna king's son. His mother had been transformed into a deer by a vengeful druid, and when Fionn hunted her down, he spared her life and broke her curse instead. The two were intimate, but the spiteful druid turned her back into a deer after she became pregnant, where she disappeared into the wild before giving birth. Exactly what happened to Oisin from there is unclear, but the child whose name meant 'Young Deer' returned as an adult male and joined Fionn's fianna after a brief battle to a draw with his unsuspecting father. As a member of the Fianna, Oisin was a brave and noble warrior, winning much acclaim.

His most notable adventure, however, was to the realm of the fairies, Tir na Nog, when one of the daughters of Manannán Mac Lir fell in love with the beautiful young poet. Oisin spent three years in the fairy kingdom, fathering two children with the fairy princess before deciding to return to his home. Time passed differently, however, and what was three years to Oisin had been three hundred in the mortal world. To protect him on his trip, the fairy gave him a white horse, warning him that should he dismount, all three hundred years would catch up to him in an instant.

Oisin returned home on the fairy horse, visiting his father's abandoned and ruined home, but before he could return to Tir na Nog, he stopped to help some villagers he passed by and fell when his saddle broke. Oisin was rendered an old, withered elderly man, but even in his advanced age, it is said survived to meet St. Patrick on his arrival in Ireland, clinging to life long enough to tell someone of the Fianna's exploits and pass down their stories - and that he died only once the narration was complete and their legends committed to memory. To see his beloved kinsmen again and to restore them to the greatness they fell from in his absence... He would overcome any obstacle to have the Grail end their chronicle the way they deserved.
    Last edited by Sunny; January 31st, 2015 at 12:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Semar.
    Aren't Semar considered a god, as in Narada himself? Or he's a mere child of Narada? He could work as a Caster.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Wrong.

Just like with Gae Bolg it comes down to luck + other skills. Saber did not dodge Gae Bolg through only luck. It was a combination of both her luck and her Instinct.

And you seem to have this hugely ridiculous misconception that Instinct needs line of sight to work or is reduced in effectiveness when the range is long. It is not. Whether she has sight of the attack or not, her Instincts still kick in. They are at the level of precognition. "Aiming at the back of her head" wouldn't make one ounce of difference in terms of whether or not her instincts kick in. The entire point of that skill is that it reduces "visual obstructions". There is absolutely no goddamn difference whether you make your "unseen attack" 5km's away or whether you attack from close range with A+ Presence Concealment. They are both "hidden" attacks.

Not to mention that if you only manage to wound your opponent, the bullet is basically wasted. Because unlike with Gae Bolg the damage is perfectly curable by good old Servant wound regeneration.

Frankly, at this point I have to seriously doubt if you even know what Instinct actually does.

Frankly, this Archer is not stronger then Cu in almost any single category, besides having more range on his reality warp (a worse version at that) and being a worse overall fighter in every other area. And while Cu is a decent Servant, he is by far not the most "hax" or "broken" Servant up there. Neither is this one.
    No one ever said he was stronger than Cu. I said his NP is hax. As for Saber's Instincts, the same Instincts that saved her when the Shadow devoured her in HF? The same Instintcs that let Caster, the same Caster Rin smacked around, stab her with Rule BReaker in that one Bad End? The same Instincts that have failed her any number of times? Saber's Instincts are about as effective as the plot demands. They are not infallible by any stretch of the imagination. That said, I never stated his shot connecting was a guaranteed thing (I feel the need to emphasize this cuz' you seem to think I am toting the Freeshooter as some invincible sniper who'll solo the HGW), only that its a pure crapshoot for Saber.

In theory, if she succeeds the LCK check, she'll instinctively raise her arm to cover the one spot on her head that the bullet was aimed at at just the right time. But it still comes down to a LCK check. Her Instincts are meaningless unless she makes the LCK check, because her Instincts are merely how she overturns the fate of guaranteed death should her LCK check succeed (in other words, her Instintcs are merely the means by which her fate is overturned if she is successful, but if she fails the LCK check her Instincts won't save her period).

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    ... Solomon the Wise ...
    I think your Solomon is fine, though I do agree that you could have maybe wanked him just a little bit more, maybe an NP related to the Temple of Jerusalem, but again your profile leaves me with some questions. Why list Presence Detection as a Personal Skill if he doesn't have it (you have it listed as N/A)? If its sealed for some reason why not mention that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    ... Arcas ...
    Another one I like. Especially his magnetic North star railgun/crossbow! As it is, my only complaint is one I have with all of your profiles. You don't give us much of an idea of what the Servant is like, how they'll interact with others, or what their motivation for fighting is. As entertaining as the profiles are, without giving them more character you're just giving us statistics/stat sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    And if the fight starts in melee range Diarmuid rips him to pieces in 5 seconds flat. Thats not even to mention Diarmuid would be able to sense Gae Bolg getting charged while Archer is running up and go he's using a NP, he's obviously not going to stand still in that case. He has the same rank of eye of mind(true) as Archer, he can pretty much instantly understand what the opponent is doing. And finally you are overestimating Diarmuid's chivalry, that only came into play with Saber because she was a chivalrous opponent, if he thinks the opponent is trash, he's going to be acting just like Emiya does.

Also see Mellon, her instincts help protect her against Gae Bolg, it wasn't all luck.
    Why would he think EMIYA is trash when he has no clue who EMIYA is? And I never once stated Archer could beat Diarmuid in melee. My scenario is this. Archer projects Gae Bolg while still well away from blitzing range for Diarmuid (not that Diarmuid could blitz him like you seem to think he could, they both have AGI Rank B). Once its conjured he approaches until he gets within range to activate the Spear of Impaling Barbed Death. If Diarmuid tries to rush him he's only running to his death. If Diarmuid tries to stay out of range because he somehow magically knows its Gae Bolg and isn't freaking out because Archer has Gae Bolg but isn't Cu or Scathach, he's running away to his death cuz' then Archer just uses Spear of Striking Death Flight, the thrown spear splits into multiple shots and peforates Diarmuid or injures him badly enough that Archer can now finish him at leisure... unless you think Diarmuid can deflect all of the "countless" darts.

This is just Gae Bolg, mind you. Goodness knows how much crap Archer has stored away in UBW that doesn't require him to get within melee range and that doesn't have an effect that Diarmuid can defend against.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    ...Oisin ...
    An Irish Lancer whose LCK isn't E!? What madness is this!? All joking aside, I enjoyed his profile, but I have to ask, what's with the spear and sword? The horn is the only one of his three weapons listed as an NP, but does that mean that the spear and sword are just normal weapons or do they have enchantments that he can't use as a Rider?

Blog Entries
    No one ever said he was stronger than Cu. I said his NP is hax. As for Saber's Instincts, the same Instincts that saved her when the Shadow devoured her in HF? The same Instintcs that let Caster, the same Caster Rin smacked around, stab her with Rule BReaker in that one Bad End? The same Instincts that have failed her any number of times? Saber's Instincts are about as effective as the plot demands. They are not infallible by any stretch of the imagination. That said, I never stated his shot connecting was a guaranteed thing (I feel the need to emphasize this cuz' you seem to think I am toting the Freeshooter as some invincible sniper who'll solo the HGW), only that its a pure crapshoot for Saber.

In theory, if she succeeds the LCK check, she'll instinctively raise her arm to cover the one spot on her head that the bullet was aimed at at just the right time. But it still comes down to a LCK check. Her Instincts are meaningless unless she makes the LCK check, because her Instincts are merely how she overturns the fate of guaranteed death should her LCK check succeed (in other words, her Instintcs are merely the means by which her fate is overturned if she is successful, but if she fails the LCK check her Instincts won't save her period).
    We know her lucks added to her instinct when avoiding Gae Bolg, CM2 says so. Saber didn't pass the luck check so Gae Bolg failed then instincts activated, Saber's luck + instincts avoided Gae Bolg.

In each of those cases her instincts were telling her to get away, Saber believed that continuing what she was doing would let her get away quicker.
    Why would he think EMIYA is trash when he has no clue who EMIYA is? And I never once stated Archer could beat Diarmuid in melee. My scenario is this. Archer projects Gae Bolg while still well away from blitzing range for Diarmuid (not that Diarmuid could blitz him like you seem to think he could, they both have AGI Rank B). Once its conjured he approaches until he gets within range to activate the Spear of Impaling Barbed Death. If Diarmuid tries to rush him he's only running to his death. If Diarmuid tries to stay out of range because he somehow magically knows its Gae Bolg and isn't freaking out because Archer has Gae Bolg but isn't Cu or Scathach, he's running away to his death cuz' then Archer just uses Spear of Striking Death Flight, the thrown spear splits into multiple shots and peforates Diarmuid or injures him badly enough that Archer can now finish him at leisure... unless you think Diarmuid can deflect all of the "countless" darts.

This is just Gae Bolg, mind you. Goodness knows how much crap Archer has stored away in UBW that doesn't require him to get within melee range and that doesn't have an effect that Diarmuid can defend against.
    Okay first of all Diarmuid has A+ agility and Emiya C rank. Secondly agility isn't speed. Thirdly the amount of prana for thrown Gae Bolg is a lot more than piercing Gae Bolg(as in the difference between using it 7 times and once). Fourthly how accurate thrown Gae Bolg is seems to depend on how accurate the thrower is, no reversal of causality for guaranteed hit, no way is Archer as good at throwing as Lancer is. Fifthly piercing Gae Bolg needs to be used in melee range, so Emiya is already dead(likely to end up as a draw). Sixthly if Emiya is using dirty tactics(which he does) he is trash in Diarmuid's eyes(running straight in while using a stolen weapon is totally not cool). Seventhly Eye of the Mind(true) means Diarmuid is likely to be able to work out Emiya's abilities quickly, while Emiya is stuck with inferior stats and weaker swordsmanship.

Emiya may win with sniping but anything else Diarmuid wins with ease. Diarmuid drew with Saber til he used his NPs and Nasu has said Shirou Saber beats Emiya always in melee range(even inside UBW).
    Last edited by BlackField; November 17th, 2012 at 02:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    An Irish Lancer whose LCK isn't E!? What madness is this!? All joking aside, I enjoyed his profile, but I have to ask, what's with the spear and sword? The horn is the only one of his three weapons listed as an NP, but does that mean that the spear and sword are just normal weapons or do they have enchantments that he can't use as a Rider?
    His luck would become E as a Lancer. Rules are rules.

Mmm, the spear and the sword are largely because I wanted him to be able to fight besides just using the Horn and sitting back, and also they're kind of NPs-in-waiting for his other classes. Oisin has a famous sword called the Ceard-nan Gallan (Smith of the Branches), but it doesn't have much in the way of specific legends for me to pad into a NP, nor do the times he used a spear. But he does use them, and his sword is named, so I could imagine him being a Saber for sure and a Lancer potentially. But as a Rider, they don't warrant reaching for NP status and they're just weapons he's proficient with like Iskander's spatha. I grappled for a long time on how to do the mount NP though. I hope it isn't too clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    We know her lucks added to her instinct when avoiding Gae Bolg, CM2 says so. Saber didn't pass the luck check so Gae Bolg failed then instincts activated, Saber's luck + instincts avoided Gae Bolg.

Okay, what? Now you're contradicting herself. You say she failed the LCK check, so Gae Bolg failed, so then her Instincts saved her? That makes no sense.

She succeeded in the LCK check (Lancer even says she is lucky), so her Instincts then saved her (because if she had failed the LCK check, then her destiny would be to have her heart pierced regardless of her Instincts).

In each of those cases her instincts were telling her to get away, Saber believed that continuing what she was doing would let her get away quicker.

Thank you for proving my point that her Instincts are not infallible (or rather, that her Instincts may work, but she doesn't always make the right choice regardless because her Instincts don't tell her what she has to do).

Okay first of all Diarmuid has A+ agility and Emiya C rank. Secondly agility isn't speed. Thirdly the amount of prana for thrown Gae Bolg is a lot more than piercing Gae Bolg(as in the difference between using it 7 times and once). Fourthly how accurate thrown Gae Bolg is seems to depend on how accurate the thrower is, no reversal of causality for guaranteed hit, no way is Archer as good at throwing as Lancer is. Fifthly piercing Gae Bolg needs to be used in melee range, so Emiya is already dead(likely to end up as a draw). Sixthly if Emiya is using dirty tactics(which he does) he is trash in Diarmuid's eyes(running straight in while using a stolen weapon is totally not cool). Seventhly Eye of the Mind(true) means Diarmuid is likely to be able to work out Emiya's abilities quickly, while Emiya is stuck with inferior stats and weaker swordsmanship.

Emiya may win with sniping but anything else Diarmuid wins with ease. Diarmuid drew with Saber til he used his NPs and Nasu has said Shirou Saber beats Emiya always in melee range(even inside UBW).
    Wait, what? *looks at Diarmuid's stats * ARRGHH!!! How the hell did I mistake his STR stat for his AGI stat!? *facepalm* Oh, well, I already admitted Archer would ultimately lose in melee (still don't think he'd be outright blitzed if freakin' Cu didn't blitz him).

Where does it say the thrown version of Gae Bolg costs as much as seven usages of the anti-unit version (not that it matters much as long as Archer has a Master who can provide him with lots of prana)?

Archer doesn't need to be as good at throwing as Lancer. The thrown version wipes out battalions because its a scatter-shot type attack. He just needs to chuck the thing in Diarmuid's direction.

What part of "He projects Gae Bolg while safely out of melee range, and preps for the anti-unit version it as he walks into the needed range" didn't you quite grasp? Likely to end up as a draw? If he activates it before Diarmuid kills him, its his win. Diarmuid's LCK sucks.

So an unidentified Servant appears before him and seemingly challenges him openly. What about that is going to tell Diarmuid that Archer is a dirty cheater? Not a damn thing. Stolen weapon? How does he know its stolen? Diarmuid's not a mind-reader. Assuming he even recognizes Gae Bolg on sight (a big assumption) he's going to be thinking "WTF!? Why does he have Gae Bolg!? He can't be Cu Chulainn or Scathach!", not "He has Gae Bolg! He must be a dirty ninja, always playing dirty! .. Oh, and he is also clearly projecting copies of other Heroic Spirits' Noble Phantasms!"

Diarmuid can use Eye of the Mind all he wants. He's going to see Archer walking up to him with a spear he may or may not recognize, and he's going to sense that Archer is prepping his Noble Phantasm. This is the grand extent of what his Eye of the Mind is going to tell him. He either decides to try and close in before Archer can use it, only for Archer to back up until the anti-unit version is ready (its not like it has a huge charge-up time), or he's going to retreat and eat the thrown version.

And, again, you ignore any other possible NPs in UBW that Archer may have that don't require him to be in melee range or that have effects that Diarmuid can't block with Gae Dearg. Nevermind Archer is going to take one look at Diarmuid's spears (possibly at a great distance before Diarmuid even knows he's there) and know exactly who he is.

Blog Entries
    Is dis some badass vs threadz

Blog Entries
    Where does it say the thrown version of Gae Bolg costs as much as seven usages of the anti-unit version
    In the game.

“That is correct. And on top of that, not much magical energy is needed to use it. With that amount of magical energy usage, there should be no need to replenish magical energy even if he uses it seven times.
    That is why his devil lance is well-suited for this war.
    A normal Servant must rest after fighting a few times, but Lancer is able to fight six battles in a row. …Well, that is on the condition that each must be one on one.”
    …This Noble Phantasm is a throwing attack by nature.
    A lance that never misses the heart.
    A cursed Noble Phantasm that cannot be avoided and will attack the enemy even if it misses.
    That is Gae Bolg, lance of destruction possessed by the hero that never lost in his lifetime.
    As it is hurled using all of Lancer's magical energy, it can be neither dodged nor blocked.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well, technically it means that it takes up all of LANCER's energy and that all of Lancer's energy lets the normal GB get used 7 times.

With Archer's different level of energy it might be better or worse...

But anyway it took Rho Aius for Archer to block it himself in the first place. Not like Diarmuid has that.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    @g-man I didn't contradict myself at all. Sabers luck+instincts dodged gae bolg not luck on its own.

Saber's instincts work better at direct attacks and not tricks that have multiple levels to them, not hard to understand.

I think you'll find servants don't die from getting hit by goddamn scatter shot. Normal humans might but just piercing a servant in the chest multiple times isn't gonna do jack(unless it hits the heart). He'll need to hit him directly or at least get the weapon very close, not something as viable as you seem to think it is. And then you've got the problem that he actually has to now shove loads more prana into Gae Bolg for something that might not even work and that something Gae Daerg can cut in half, Emiya isn't stupid he's not doing that.

The part where Diarmuid goes hey, this guy is obviously about to use a NP, I'm so totally gonna let him do that. And Diarmuid is the servant Lancer someone else walking up to him using a goddamn spear, he's going to be thinking you dirty cheater, this is the guy who may have been summoned with his swords and chose not to use them because he's a lancer.

Gae Daerg blocks almost everything Emiya uses against him, it cuts his damn NP to pieces when it touches them.

Emiya's chances are based around not fighting Diarmuid and sniping him, not running up and going lolImgonnatakeonlanceratbeingalancer.
    Last edited by BlackField; November 17th, 2012 at 05:25 AM.