Page 260 of 782 FirstFirst ... 160210250255258259260261262265270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

I'm having a hard time reading that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Fixed. Better now? ...it's the problem of copy-pasting from a Word doc, but I don't like writing so much directly into BL... I never know when I could get disconnected and lose everything I wrote that far.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; April 5th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    New candidate for "can't see shit, captain" award.

Ah, you sneaky little bugger.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Too OP, "chaotic neutral" alignment questionable, NP should be called Tintagel if it's supposed to be the castle she grew up in.

Tone down her powers and maybe rework the NP a bit. Then I can give it a go.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

She's a fairy. All fae should really be neutral. She sponsored Oglaf the Dane. I think that balances out whatever perceived karmic debt she accrued while tormenting your waifu.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by name93 View Post
    Too OP
    Why? In the end she's not much powerful than Medea. Just a little bit... trickier to attack.

NP should be called Tintagel if it's supposed to be the castle she grew up in.
    No, her castle (Awallach) resembles Camelot-Tintagel. It's her way to say "if you don't give me/if I can't have Camelot, I'm going to build it myself!"

Blog Entries
    Well, I don't really take alignments seriously, to be honest. But considering what she did with Mordred and how her life seems to revolve around getting revenge on someone out of jealousy/bitterness/hate/whatever, I'm not quite sure I'd put her in the "Neutral" category.
    Then again, we can't even argue what "good"/"neutral"/"evil" even means in these alignments.

Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )

Well, I don't really take alignments seriously, to be honest. But considering what she did with Mordred and how her life seems to revolve around getting revenge on someone out of jealousy/bitterness/hate/whatever, I'm not quite sure I'd put her in the "Neutral" category.
    Then again, we can't even argue what "good"/"neutral"/"evil" even means in these alignments.
    Only if you assume she has a human lifespan. She lived a long time and did a lot of things. Since she's a fairy what she did to Arthur was probably like playing a board game to her.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I don't take them seriously either, I'm just following the footsteps of Nasu's servant sheet (lol).

I made her Chaotic Neutral because, while being an antagonist, she doesn't just wishes evil for the Knights just for the lulz, thus she can't be Evil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Why?
    Let's see...
    These are Morgan's stats: E, C, D, A++, C, A, A+, B, A.
    That's quite powerful for someone not really all that famous. I don't recall Morgan doing anything particularly impressive in any of the legends.
    Disregarding low strength, endurance and agility, which don't matter that much in this case because Caster class does not really fight, her stats are A++, A, A+, B and an A-ranked NP.

These are stats fitting for Merlin, but not Morgan

Morgan is pretty famous since she shows up in two different mythologies and may even basically be the fairy version of Morrigan. Plus she's attached to Arthurian myth which by Nasu rules makes her OP just by being in the same hemisphere.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    MGI: A++ it's because she's half-Elemental, thus can process more Mana than a simple human (it's not that she can generate more Mana, just that she can handle more)

NP: A because even if we don't consider the special properties of her NP (being a RM-MP), the sheer amount of Mana that can be used by it puts its rank above B.

For the skills... the skills are skills. Even if you're not particularly famous, if you're good at something you're good at something. Merlin didn't do anything particularly clamorous either... fame may affect the overall strength, not the inherent strength of someone's talents (I think).
    Last edited by Sherrinford; April 5th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's quite powerful for someone not really all that famous.
    Not that famous? She's on the short-list of Arthurian figures that most people are probably actually going to know. Along with Arthur, Merlin, Mordred, and Sir Knights-Appearing-In-This-Film. Though on the flip side, she's probably less famous than Sir Robin, and he never even existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Morgan is pretty famous since she shows up in two different mythologies and may even basically be the fairy version of Morrigan. Plus she's attached to Arthurian myth which by Nasu rules makes her OP just by being in the same hemisphere.
    Plus apparently people got tired of remembering names as time went on, so now Morgan is pretty much mental shorthand for "Every chick that wasn't Guinevere".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Not that famous? She's on the short-list of Arthurian figures that most people are probably actually going to know. Along with Arthur, Merlin, Mordred, and Sir Knights-Appearing-In-This-Film. Though on the flip side, she's probably less famous than Sir Robin, and he never even existed.
    She's famous among us nerds who know our Arthurian shit. And among the people who watch Arthur-related stuff like BBC's "Merlin".
    But ask the average person on the street and most you can hope for when you say "King Arthur" is: sword in the stone, round table, Camelot, Excalibur, Merlin, Guinevere, Lancelot and that's about it. Morgan? Not that famous.
    Well, she's probably a bit more famous among the Brits.
    Last edited by Polly; April 5th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gawain isn't either and he's a monster that could destroy Saber under the sun.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

They were writing about her in France and Italy as well at least that I can name off the top of my head. Popularity isn't just in the now now, you should consider the total history.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cool Morgan profile. I like it!

Shame she can't really be a Servant. Elemental means she's probably still alive somewhere out there, and even if she's not, I'm not even sure those qualify for entry in the Throne.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; April 5th, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thanks to LJ3!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Cool Morgan profile. I like it!
    Thanks!

I'm not even sure those qualify for entry in the Throne.
    Normally, they wouldn't. But in my version, Morgan is half-human, so she's basically treated as the usual summonable demigod. On the other hand...

Elemental means she's probably still alive somewhere out there
    ... I didn't thought about this, lolderp.

Blog Entries
    ...damn, and I still have my design for Morgan as a WIP.
    Welp, time to get on that when I'm...not distracted by other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

夜属 Nightkin
    I don't think the "non-nerds don't know her, therefore she is not notable" is a great argument honestly.

I would go so far as to say MOST (as in a statistical majority, if just) non-nerd people don't even know who Arthur is (though they have probably heard of him, and the name will 'ring a bell', but they will have no idea about him or his legend).

Just about the only historical figures I think you are going to actually get a true majority of the non-nerd world to know (which I don't even know how to measure in places like the third world to get an accurate measure, but ignoring that) are going to be Jesus... and maybe a VERY small handful of others... and I am not even sure about Jesus (though given that the modern age is significantly more populous than most previous ages combined, I would wager to say it is likely not TOO far off).

You would be amazed at the stuff that we nerds take to be 'common knowledge' that is just completely unknown by most people (Like who in the hell zeus is...).

Unless simple "name recognition" (in the sense that they think they know the name from somewhere) counts as 'knowing' about someone, the number of people who can really be called 'known' in any meaningful sense is amazingly low.