Page 3 of 782 FirstFirst 1234581353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Tbh, iirc, d was described as 'exceed human capabilities?'
    And shiki is described at the current peak of humans?
    I'd say d or high e
    arai's theory.

Hm, a lot of strange interpretations are going on, but this is the way how I personally see it. For common ability stats, E = expert, D = ace, C = superhuman, B through A = beyond what a human being can accomplish/going to need some god/demonic/dragon/shinpi blood to get these kinds of stats. There are some other theories for this about how back then, in order to even survive people had to be stronger/tougher/faster. Well Bedivere did manage to run way faster than a normal modern human being could so it is possible.
    Tbh, I think what they mean by hs is actually servant.

Like 'when the hs is transferred from throne to servant, they usually get weakened'
    Hmm...? If that was the case then Saber wouldn't have been able to do the Return of the King of Knights thing (she returns to her life abilities momentarily. The Grail wouldn't have been able to do this if it hadn't gotten these abilities. Well, this could be chalked up to 'lolSaber is alive'). It's just how good/bad the Master is in what decides the Servants abilities. Like say, if Merlin was resurrected in the 4th Grail War (not summoned. Resurrected. Summoned would result in something like Kojiro) for some reason then spent 10 years or so screwing around and comes back and then summons a Servant. They might have even better abilities then they were in life because Merlin is such a great Master. Meanwhile, a modern magus could only get something like Rin!Saber. Berserker (or rather Illya) should be a bit better then average (as in if an average Master would have summoned him) I think. Unless someone can correct me.
    Last edited by Cruor; April 11th, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    *Creates a servant*

*reads current discussion*

*looks at stats*

*gets scared*

;^;
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    arai's theory.

Hmm...? If that was the case then Saber wouldn't have been able to done the Return of the King of Knights thing. It's just how good/bad the Master is in what decides the Servants abilities. Like say, if Merlin was resurrected in the 4th Grail War (not summoned. Resurrected. Summoned would result in something like Kojiro) for some reason then spent 10 years or so screwing around and comes back and then summons a Servant. They might have even better abilities then they were in life because Merlin is such a great Master. Meanwhile, a modern magus could only get something like Rin!Saber.
    Saber is not a normal servant. She is pulled directly from the hill.
    And I am pretty sure aria said something about the soul being a big thing, stuff has to get cut out, and only Alaya can summon the real thing outside of the Third. So yeah Tang could be right.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, I can't find that other thread. Oh well.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Saber is not a normal servant. She is pulled directly from the hill.
    And I am pretty sure aria said something about the soul being a big thing, stuff has to get cut out, and only Alaya can summon the real thing outside of the Third. So yeah Tang could be right.
    Yeah, but the flaw in that argument is that if this were true she should automatically start out with her life stats.
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I don't think that's it, since Sasaki's at A+.
    Sasaki's the dude who achieved a variation of the 2nd magic in his technique he developed through sheer boredom. Besides, iirc his swordsmanship is mentioned as having exceeded the realm of humans and entered the realm of gods.

Hmm...? If that was the case then Saber wouldn't have been able to done the Return of the King of Knights thing. It's just how good/bad the Master is in what decides the Servants abilities. Like say, if Merlin was resurrected in the 4th Grail War (not summoned. Resurrected. Summoned would result in something like Kojiro) for some reason then spent 10 years or so screwing around and comes back and then summons a Servant. They might have even better abilities then they were in life because Merlin is such a great Master. Meanwhile, a modern magus could only get something like Rin!Saber.
    my interpretation was that the Servant container at the hypothetical max would equal to how the Servant was when they were alive, but most of the time with an everage master, they'd be weaker than the time they were in life. And barring some extreme cases with a master with infinite prana and a servant that uses prana boost, it's impossible to exceed their strength when they were alive.

It doesn't really make any sense that the hs in the throne would be weaker, since they are 'the heroes at the peak of their abilities', or something.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    my interpretation was that the Servant container at the hypothetical max would equal to how the Servant was when they were alive, but most of the time with an everage master, they'd be weaker than the time they were in life. And barring some extreme cases with a master with infinite prana and a servant that uses prana boost, it's impossible to exceed their strength when they were alive.

It doesn't really make any sense that the hs in the throne would be weaker, since they are 'the heroes at the peak of their abilities', or something.
    I thought we were talking about extreme cases with uber Masters or weak Servants considering we were saying that they were weaker in most cases but in rare cases they get stronger (which I think is what happened to Archer).
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Sasaki is the Travis Touchdown of the Nasuverse.
    Brilliant my good sir.
    I am doing him right now, since no one can argue values of the Travis:

Travis Touchdown
    Class: Saber or Berserker (dunno, since he is crazy and has no qualms about killing innocents.)
    Strength: D (He is certainly stronger than a normal Human)
    Endurance: A (Survives: stepping on Landmines, Grenades, getting hit by: Laser Blades, Orbital Lasers, Baseball bats, getting lit on fire etc. etc.)
    Agility: A (EXTREMELY fast (especially when using slowmo) , can do cool athletic moves, can reflect bullets with a sword, can block nearly any close combat attack)
    Magical energy: E (No magus)
    Luck: E (No girlfriend, one friend, one cat, lives in a motel)
    Noble Phantasm: Blood Berry (Rank C)
    Indestructible sword, coming from the OTHER legendary land of fairies, the internet.
    Has the incredible attribute of being dull as a club in one moment, then being the sharpest thing ever in another, a truly awe-inspiring weapon.
    Abilities:
    Battle continuation: A (His fighting performance does not change as long as he is not killed)
    Nerd: EX (Can recognize Heroic Spirits as long as they appeared in an Anime/Manga/Video Game)
    Summary: You should not care about his stats, summon him, it is goddamn Travis Touchdown

Ah I forgot something in the OP:
    Catalyst: Sunglasses

I thought we were talking about extreme cases with uber Masters or weak Servants considering we were saying that they were weaker in most cases but in rare cases they get stronger (which is what I think Archer was).
    I don't recall anything about Archer being stronger as a Servant than he was in life though? Any evidence?

Also

see? that wasn't so hard to find.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    I don't recall anything about Archer being stronger as a Servant than he was in life though? Any evidence?

Also

I don't frequent the fanfic forum, this could be it...
    Sorry then, this thread should be closed.

Blog Entries

Also

We know how strong Shirou is though, and we can see that Archer is a good bit stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

we know that Archer made a pact with alaya while he was alive though, which gave him a power boost.

Honk

Blog Entries
    So....should we use this thread or the other?
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

Well, it's Satsujinki, the same guy who lol-ambushed three DAs in quick succession and fought Ciel to a standstill. So he's at least much better than Hassan when it comes to speed.
    Anyways before we get ten pages of needless Shiki discussion, here comes my Servant page:

Name: Wade Wilson "But just call me Deadpool."
    Class: Assassin NINJA! "iiiah!"

Stats:

Strength: C
    Endurance: C++
    Agility: B+
    Magic: D
    Luck: A+
    "You are being a bit humble there, bro..."

Noble Phantasm:

- Doorknobs: Pair of guns that can assume any form and never run out of ammo. "OH YEAH!"

Type: Anti-Unit "Remember kids, my gunz don't kill people... I kill people."
    Maximum targets: 2 "...and anyone else getting in my way."

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: E- "Ouch! that hurt man, really..."

Skills:

Battle Continuation: A

Mental Pollution: A "Is this a more sophisticated term for insane?"

Regeneration: B
    Ability to quickly restore the self after sustaining damage. The Servant can automatically heal from serious wounds at the expense of prana. At such level the regeneration borders the realm of resurrection. Nothing save for the destruction of the spiritual core can permanently kill the Servant. Although overusing this skill may leave both the Servant and Master without any prana to use. "Hey, don't forget the pain! Regeneration friggin' hurts!"

Fictional Awareness: A
    Ability to reach the mysterious "Fourth Wall" of Akasha.
    It's a skill very close to the True Magic, achieved by mere chance. For A rank the Servant can not only understand its entity as fictional character but even able to converse with the Author. (You missed the best part! Those little yellow boxes are so amusing! ) Miraculously this so-called "Breaking the Fourth Wall" works without spending an ounce of prana.

"WHAT? Is that all? Bro, it's so unfair. Where the hell is my background? You know being being homies with Cable and whatnot. Man, I even made the freakin' Big G envious of my size once. If you know what I mean..."
    Last edited by willyvereb; April 11th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruca_Milda View Post
    So....should we use this thread or the other?
    The other thread is dead and in the wrong place. Just use this one.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

...wrong place?

You mean, these types of threads belong in gd rather than fanfics/fanworks?

Honk

Blog Entries
    He does have a point there, I mean the versus thread is also in GD

Blog Entries
    Senel Coolidge
    Class: Rider
    Strength: B-A (Punched a god that could destroy the world given time, and fucking threw her around.)
    Endurance: B-A (See above, resisted blows from a god)
    Agility: C (Ehh...not many speed feats I think)
    Magical energy: E ( Shit MGI.)
    Luck: E-D (His luck is what put him in most of the horrible situations in Legendia.)

Noble Phantasms:

Sacred Erens (Rank....possibly B-EX, I dunno)

....It helps him punch things in the face? Thanks to this, he can accomplish many strength feats, like defeating a god and adding elements to his attacks.

Skills:

Riding - E-C? (He's good with vehicles, but I don't think he's anywhere near B...C at most if I fanwank as much as possible)

Instinct - B-A ( Participated in many battles, was shown to do feats akin to Saber's instinct)

Battle Continuation - C-B (Many, many times, I thought he was going to die on certain scenes and the motherfucker just came back alive. The wounds were nowhere close to something Lancer or Berserker suffer, though, so rankdown)

Only like 3 people will recognize this man, who, despite being an asshole, is awesome, due to belonging on the "dark sheep" of a semi-obscure series. ;_;

....I might have fanwanked a bit on those stats....

EDIT: Just me, but we should have used the old thread. Versus thread doesn't really count, it actually involves certain discussion, while create-a-servant discussion is either "hey, cool!" or " you should fix x stat, it's too weak/strong."
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

That's because the versus thread was specifically made to stop people (or rather, a certain person) from spamming versus threads. However, it was origianally intended to be nasuverse only, so it stayed in gd and eventually became to ingrained to move.

On the other hand, create-a-servant threads have always been in fanworks, because they are well, making servants from other works.

Honk

Blog Entries
    ...wrong place?

You mean, these types of threads belong in gd rather than fanfics/fanworks?
    Yeah. It's general discussion that also involves people from outside Type-Moon, the vs thread is here, and honestly, less people will find it in fanfics.