Page 587 of 782 FirstFirst ... 87487537577582585586587588589592597637687 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Pretty sure he sacrificed himself to himself while hanging from Yggdrasil to get the knowledge of Runes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean his wish is basically to bring about the apocalypse in the hope that it'll give him something to fight. And don't all Lancers had pretty low ranked Luck? I was going with the trend there. Besides he was fated to lose come Ragnarok in the original myth, so a low Luck stat makes sense I'd say.
    I had a problem undestanding the part "like never before" which doesn't make sense.

And I'm saying Luck: D is too high because Odin's legend /Norse myth in general is the opposite of defying fate
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    And I'm saying Luck: D is too high because Odin's legend /Norse myth in general is the opposite of defying fate
    And I'm an idiot who can't read apparently. I thought you meant the Luck stat was too low when you actually said that it was too high. Epic fail I know. But I'd say D is still pretty low, although you're right lowering it to E would probably be more fitting (E was also Chuchulainn's Luck stat and there's no way Odin's luckier than him).

By "a ragnarok like never before" I meant that in norse mythology Ragnarok is understood to be a sort of cycle rather than a final end. Basically the world reaches a certain point, Ragnarok comes along, everybody dies except for like two people who then go on to repopulate, rinse and repeat. Odin here wants to break that cycle and create an unparalleled Ragnarok where the outcome can't be predicted. That was my idea anyway. Apologies if I didn't make it very clear.

Edit: Odin now has E rank luck (poor Odin)
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 13th, 2015 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ragnarok isn't a cycle. That's just a theory proposed by Rudolf Simek. It's a singular, future event.

Blog Entries
    It's blatantly signposted, though.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Well, anyways that was my interpretation (and you admit that it does have some scholarly basis). I freely admit I took some heavy artistic license with norse mythology for this sheet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, anyways that was my interpretation (and you admit that it does have some scholarly basis).
    ??? I literally just said it was guesswork. Its the equivalent of saying "well since Shirou became the fairy king in that one fanfic, he can do it in F/SN".

Thinking every religion is cyclical is just inserting Indian religious beliefs into things where they don't belong.
    Last edited by Christemo; September 13th, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    You didn't actually say "guess" or "guesswork" though. All you said was that it was a theory proposed by Rudolf Simek who, judging by his Wikipedia entry appears to be a scholar. Hence, "some scholarly basis."

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't Gungnir also supposed to be weaker than Gae Bolg (Thrown)?

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that occurred to me too. In UBW Archer said something about Lancer's thrown Gae Bolg "surpassing the original Gungnir." Frankly I just decided to disregard that because it seems like it was just thrown in as a way to hype up Lancer without regard for how much sense it'd make. For one thing, how would Archer have ever encountered Gungnir? And for another thing, it seems pretty strange that Chuchulainn's (a fairly obscure celtic folk hero) spear would be more powerful than that of the head norse god.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    It's blatantly signposted, though.
    I'm unfamiliar with the term in this context.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing Seika means that it was prophesized ahead of time.

Blog Entries
    You didn't actually say "guess" or "guesswork" though. All you said was that it was a theory proposed by Rudolf Simek who, judging by his Wikipedia entry appears to be a scholar. Hence, "some scholarly basis."
    It's Rudolf Simek's interpretation of the mythology.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with the term in this context.
    Ragnarok happens, destruction of the worlds, sun and moon swallowed, end of mankind, death of the gods, &c.

And then new worlds, children of the sun and moon, mankind renews itself, the next generation of gods, and we close the Voluspo on Niddhogg still gnawing in the darkness below.

I wonder, could this somehow be the start of the same old tale again?

Basically, it's really not a hard conclusion to come to.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries

Servant Berserker:

True Name: Samson

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Summoning Catalyst: a lock of her hair

Strength- A (E without Blessing Of The Nazarite)
    Agility- A (E without Blessing Of The Nazarite)
    Endurance- A (E without Blessing Of The Nazarite)
    Mana- A
    Luck- C
    NP- A++

Appearance: Berserker is an intimidatingly tall young woman with a toned, yet slender build, bronzed skin and a luxurious mane of long flowing crimson hair down to her knees. Her eyes are emerald green in color. She wears little in the way of armor, proudly showcasing her "invincible body".

Personality: Boastful, hedonistic and battle-loving; her personality isn't exactly what one would expect from a faithful servant of God. She enjoys the simpler things in life; good wine, good women, good food and good fights. Among other things, she expresses fascination for the various types of wine existing in the modern world. Despite outward appearances, she's not stupid and actually does possess a fair degree of intelligence and a keen sense of observation, merely prefering to run headlong into battle and rely on her brute strength to win. Notably, she has a strong dislike for pagans of any sort.

Dislikes: pagans, being deprived of any of the above
    Hobby: combing her hair (What, you think it takes care of itself?)
    Natural Enemy: untrustworthy women

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (C)- While not immediately mad, when slighted Berserker has a significant chance of entering a destructive rage, attacking every enemy in sight without regard for strategy. Even a command spell can't stop her when she's like this and the only options are to wait until she (eventually) calms herself or destroys whatever the object of her ire was.

Personal Skills:

Instinct (B)- At this rank, resembles a powerful sixth sense. It reduces by a third any obstacles to vision and hearing.

Divinity (D)- Measures one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. In her case, it reflects the nature of one 'anointed by God'. Although not a god herself, Berserker can be said to having the blessing of one.

Battle Continuation (C)- At this rank Berserker may ignore crippling blows with ease, doing so with effort and will.

Thousand Slayer (A)- in her legends Berserker was famous for single-handedly slaying huge numbers of philistines in combat. Due to this her physical stats are given a plus modifier when she's against a number of opponents large enough to constitute an "army".

Noble Phantasms:

Blessing Of The Nazarite- Lord, I Pledge Myself Unto Thee (A, Support): Berserker's incredible mane of hair is her primary Noble Phantasm, representing her vows as a nazarite and the incredible strength bestowed upon her as a result of said vows. It permanently buffs her base physical stats (Strength, Agility, Endurance) to A rank as well as granting full immunity to any attack of C rank or below. However, as the effect is embodied in her hair it would naturally be annulled if it were ever shaved or otherwise removed. When shaved her hair takes roughly three full days to fully regenerate (less if she's supplied with additional prana).

Scourging The Fields- Three Hundred Blazing Foxes (A++, Anti-Army): In her legend it was said that Samson tied lit torches to the tails of three hundred foxes and set them loose upon the fields of the philistines. Alluding to this event, Berserker unleashes a flurry of punches that project three hundred foxes made of flames and condensed prana which assail the battlefield and spread out in all directions from her front, exploding upon contact with anything. The full power of this Noble Phantasm is sufficient to reduce an entire battlefield to ashes. Berserker isn't limited to using all three hundred at once either, she can send them out in the form of individual projectiles or smaller barrages in order to expend less prana.

Final Offering- Lord, Let Me Die (EX, Anti-Fortress): Berserker's strongest Noble Phantasm requiring she give up her life in order to activate it. When the name is invoked an incredible amount of prana surges into Berserker, overloading her with destructive power. At this point her physical stats (Strength, Agility, Endurance) are beyond classification and can be considered EX rank. Even collapsing an entire fortress or creating an earthquake would not be beyond Berserker's ability in this state. However, the prana cannot be considered Berserker's own but rather something which she "borrows" from the World for her own use. When the alloted duration is up the World "repays the debt" by dissolving Berserker's body back into prana and claiming it. Because the prana comes directly from the World itself, no prana from the Master is required. When activated, Berserker's fate is irreversibly sealed. Not even a Command Spell could bring her back at this point and the only question is how many foes she can take with her before the end comes. Like a candle that shines brightest before being extinguished, Berserker's awe-inspiring power reaches it's highest point at the very brink of her mortality. If her hair was severed before it'll regrow back to it's full length upon activation of this Noble Phantasm, glowing and moving of it's own accord as if it were flames. Her other Noble Phantasms are also sealed while this one is active.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 17th, 2016 at 01:19 PM.

Ragnarok happens, destruction of the worlds, sun and moon swallowed, end of mankind, death of the gods, &c.

And then new worlds, children of the sun and moon, mankind renews itself, the next generation of gods, and we close the Voluspo on Niddhogg still gnawing in the darkness below.

I wonder, could this somehow be the start of the same old tale again?

Basically, it's really not a hard conclusion to come to.
    Then comes a kingdom
    to the ruling-seat,
    the high from above,
    who rules o'er all.

Then comes the gloomy
    dragon flying,
    serpent from below,
    from Nidafjollum;.
    bears in feather corpse
    - flying over plain -
    Nidhoggr now pale.
    Now may she sink..
    To me it sounds more like coming of God's kingdom after the apocalypse to which Ragnarök gets equated
    But that's just another interpretation
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Nice Samson there, RoydGolden. It will be amusing watching you try to justify Samson being female in this one, what with Bible giving us some description.

Anyway, her Mad Enhancement seems to work in similar way to Kintoki's, so it's interesting. Also I find noteworthy the fact that you gave her an Anti-Army NP, that is based on different event then oftentimes brought one, where Samson uses a jawbone of an ass.

Nice to see that Samson's hair isn't some ridiculous game breaker (instead it allows her to be of any use whatsoever). Suicide attack is also nice.

All in all, nice sheet. Oh, and give her some Mana stat.

OK! Since I did Mordred, now, I will post her mom. So we can have all family together.

Spoiler:

True Name: Morgan la Fey, Witch of Conspiracy
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, bordering on Evil

Appearance:
    Tall, slim woman with long, wavy black hair and cold, blue eyes. She dresses in red and brown robes of fine silk and carries a golden staff with ruby at the top. She has a thin scar across her throat that she proudly displays.

Personality:
    Cold, calculating woman, who hates taking unnecessary risk. She is extremely prideful of achievements of Mordred, as it was thanks to her magecraft that Knight of Treachery was brought to life, and as such, she feels entitled to his fame. She is spiteful woman, who rarely forgives and never forgets, always planning a downfall of all of those, who slighted her in any way.

Strategy:
    Due to the nature of her Noble Phantasm, Caster is rather passive Servant, working behind the scenes and avoiding any fighting until she has at least Fate Morgana set up. Even then, she hides behinds hordes of familiars and homunculi, getting personally involved only when absolutely necessary.

STR: D
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:

Item Construction: B
    Skill to manufacture magical items. Caster is capable of crafting artifacts on a level of weak Noble Phantasms, given enough time and resources, and is knowledgeable in the ways of manufacturing and enchanting various items.

Territory Creation: A
    Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Caster is capable of creating a 'Fortress', an area far superior to the 'Workshop'.

Personal Skills:

Familiars (Various): C
    Allows one to use various creatures as familiars. Caster's expertise allows her to not only use any animal she wishes as familiar, but also mutate them to limited degree.

Homunculi Creation: A
    Represents one's skill at creating artificial humans. Caster is one of the greatest masters of the art, capable of crafting constructs oftentimes superior to base material. Given enough time and resources, Caster is capable of creating veritable army.

Magecraft: A
    Knowledge of modern Thaumaturgy. Caster can safely be considered absolute mistress of magecraft, having mastered various areas during her long life.

NOBLE PHANTASM:

Fate Morgana: Realm Where Doom Is Wrought
    Type: Fortress
    Morgan's realm, a gloomy castle surrounded by dark forest. Noble Phantasm, that is incredibly time consuming to prepare, as Caster has to layer bounded fields upon bounded fields on large area, although process can be accelerated, if chosen area has any kind of large scale building on it. Upon activation, Caster summons her fortress, Fate Morgana, into the world once more. It is surrounded by a forest corrupted by her magecraft and filled with monstrous animals warped by her magic and lesser Monstrous Beasts. True value of the fortress however, lies inside, within its laboratories and forges, in which Caster can accelerate process of creating homunculi.
    Once set up, Fate Morgana latches onto local laylines, becoming independent of Caster's prana.

Project Mordred: The Ultimate Tool of Revenge
    Type: Unknown/Thaumaturgy
    Once Fate Morgana is set up, Caster can devote all her time and resources into recreating her crowning achievement as homunculi crafter - perfect clone of Servant-level being. Caster can change the outcome by taking hold of summon catalysts of Servants or even, if she somehow manages it, on samples of actually summoned ones, to craft a being, that perfectly mirrors their abilities and Class. If none of those are available, Caster will just resort to her last project, a Saber-level homunculus.
    Extremely risky Noble Phantasm, as for its long duration (depending on replicated being, up to nine days), Caster is completely incapable of defending herself, and as such, a tempting target for her enemies. If she decides to use it, she will first create greater number of lesser homunculi to serve as her bodyguards, generally avoiding all conflict until she is ready.

Last edited by Omida; September 13th, 2015 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    I see it's *that* time of year where genderbends are popular. Ugh.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    I like that Morgan; I like the idea of a Servant that fortifies themselves and sends out their minions (I guess it's similar to what F/SN Caster did, though in this case giving more emphasis to that strategy)
    However, can you actually take samples for Servants? Saber has a real body so it may be possible, but for the other one would you be able to, say, taking some hair (which I guess is the kind of samples you are thinking of)? Wouldn't it just dissolve once taken from the body of the Servant?
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's what Casters are supposed to do, right? Hunker down in their claimed territory and wait to be attacked. They're the siege class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That's what Casters are supposed to do, right? Hunker down in their claimed territory and wait to be attacked. They're the siege class.
    Hector and Leonidas are the siege class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
    However, can you actually take samples for Servants? Saber has a real body so it may be possible, but for the other one would you be able to, say, taking some hair (which I guess is the kind of samples you are thinking of)?
    No she doesn't. It's a Servant body like everyone else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.