Page 593 of 782 FirstFirst ... 93493543583588591592593594595598603643693 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a suggestion to rename the "Gladiator" skill to something like "Champion of the Arena". Then you can have other people like Olympic Wrestlers & Boxers get this skill more easily

Also Showmanship and Gladiator are too similar imo.

Real fun sheet

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Mazyrian's Adam might even more overpowered than mine LOL.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Just a suggestion to rename the "Gladiator" skill to something like "Champion of the Arena". Then you can have other people like Olympic Wrestlers & Boxers get this skill more easily

Also Showmanship and Gladiator are too similar imo.

Real fun sheet
    It is true that Gladiator and Showmanship both trigger from the same thing (people watching) but the have different effects and showmanship is directly meant as a parallel to Charisma. Wording is meant to be the same, in that instead of givng others bonuses by inspiring them, the presence of others inspires him and gives him bonuses.

Perhaps I could rename the Gladiator skill, true. It's not like I intend to make a bunch of other gladiator servants, nope.

I just loved the idea of ancient Syrian Dwayne Johnson ruling the Roman arena too much to let the idea go.

Very nice La Flamma. I found out about him the same time I found Melankomas but couldn't come up with anything substantial.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
    It's true that if I were to make an El Cid sheet it would have the swords; though that story of being tied to the horse after dead may actually be more famous (and thus more appropriate for a NP).
    That'd be why it's the second NP on the sheet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Very nice La Flamma. I found out about him the same time I found Melankomas but couldn't come up with anything substantial.
    I'm not sure if I'd call "lol what if The Rock was a gladiator?" substantial​ as such.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I think Mazyrian's Adam might even more overpowered than mine LOL.
    I think that if there will be a hax servant, the very first man should be it
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

I posted this quite some time ago (several months back) but I've touched it up abit since then! Also hoping to get some more feedback as well. =)

RULER

Spirit: Lee Kuan Yew
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: D
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: B (A+++)

Keywords:

Politician
    The politician. One who deals with politics and governance. This Heroic Spirit epitomised the term within his homeland, ruling for over 30 years and playing major roles in the government for over 60 years. His fiery speeches in his prime roused the population with hope for the future, and under his rule, his homeland grew from a mere trading port into a modern metropolis, a jewel of the region and the envy of many. It is this feat of transforming the lives and future of an entire country that granted Ruler a place in the Throne of Heroes. However, in his time as a politician, he took many harsh measures against his opponents. Whether rightfully or not, Ruler silenced many of his political opponents with harsh punishments, though always meted out lawfully.
    Of course, if you were to ask Ruler about whether he felt justified to do what he did to maintain power, all he would do is shrug and ask you to visit his homeland with him someday to see and judge for yourself.

Singapore
    Singapore, the Lion City. A modern metropolis at the heart of Southeast Asia. Historically, a small settlement has always existed at the location of modern Singapore, the location being useful for traders around the world that visited Southeast Asia. Named Temasek (Sea Town in Malay), it was an outpost of neighbouring empires that changed hands several times before Sir Stamford Raffles set foot and claimed Singapore for the British Crown.
    After World War II, Ruler stepped up and demanded independence for Singapore, and since then has kept Singapore under his watchful eye until his death. It is said that Ruler would even get up out of the grave if he felt that something was going wrong in his beloved country.
    As a digression, it is said that Singapore’s name came from the fact that a regional prince, while sailing in the region through a storm, saw what he thought was a lion on the island and decided to name the island after it (सिंहपुर Sinha = Lion). Of course, what he saw wasn’t actually a lion, but a chance meeting with a member of the Phantasmal Species, a Griffin (or Gryphon) that had taken refuge in the then-sparsely-populated area during the twilight of the Age of Gods. It is curious, then, that when Sir Stamford Raffles set foot on the island, his coat-of-arms bore the image of a two-headed Gryphon…

People’s Action Party
    The major political party in Singapore. Champions the rule of law, stability, prosperity, and incorruptibility. The party that Ruler founded in his youth, and has been guiding Singapore ever since. Ruler took a stand against the evils of his time with his party, decrying the rampant corruption, racism, and inefficiencies that were the norm in his time and region, and made sure his party was the antithesis such corruption and lawlessness. He made the party uniform pure white, to symbolise incorruptibility. With the force of the law, he mercilessly stamped out every corrupt, lawless, and subversive elements in his country, and to this day, corruption is still mostly unknown and punished with the full force of the law in Singapore. He gained a reputation of someone being virtually impossible to beat if you ever broke a law in Singapore.
    Of course, no political party stays in power forever. Singapore’s political future in modern times hangs in the balance, but for now the PAP still stays in power. Until it utterly vanishes into the mists of history, Ruler’s legacy in Singapore will endure.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B-
    Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. However, if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, there is a chance he may be affected. The Ruler class container should, in normal circumstances, have a higher rank of Magic Resistance – however, Ruler himself never encountered magecraft during his lifetime and never learnt basic methods of defending himself against magical attacks, reducing the effectiveness of this skill.

True Name Discernment: B+
    Status information such as the true identity, Skill and Parameters is automatically revealed when directly encountering Servants. In conjunction with the effect of Eye for Politics, the aftereffects of Noble Phantasms used that are related to political figures that existed before Ruler’s lifetime may also reveal the true identity of the Servant which used them. However, when encountering Servants with the ability to hide, a luck roll is needed in order for this skill to bypass the hiding ability.

God’s Resolution: A (A+++)
    The highest privilege that the Ruler class container provides. 2 command spells are manifested on Ruler’s body for every Servant that is participating in the current war. The command spells can be used in conjunction with From Third World to First in order to back up orders to Servants with not only the authority of the Command Spells of the Holy Grail, but also the backup of The Planet.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: B (A)
    Suitable for a king of a country. Long after he stepped down as his country’s leader, Ruler still commanded affection and respect from much of the country he founded.
    When summoned in Singapore, or under the effect of From Third World to First, the fame boost allows Ruler to rank-up this skill, and in these lands/conditions can be said to have achieved the greatest level of popularity as a human being.

Eye for Politics: B
    If Ruler happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess political anecdotes, there is a strong chance that he might be able to figure out its true name. In life, Ruler was respected and world-renowned for his deep insights on the political issues both past and present.

People’s Action Party – Innovation: B (A)
    Innovation - a special skill granted to heroes who brought about revolutions in their eras. This is the version possessed by Ruler, a conceptual revolution of subjecting chaos and corruption with law and order. The skill is crowned with the name of the Party he founded, and till this very day the members wear full white uniforms as a symbol of clean governance – reminding them that once white is sullied with corruption, it will become nigh-impossible to clean again.
    It grants modifiers leaning more in one's favour the higher the opponent's rank in Nature of a Rebellious Spirit or Mental Pollution, or the more that opponent is a Heroic Spirit who is of chaotic alignment or has a history of moral corruption. Thanks to it, Ruler has a strong advantage over Heroic Spirits and Noble Phantasms with chaotic alignments or were involved in exploitation and corruption. However, it has no power over Heroic Spirits of the lawful alignment, or those who were never corrupt or exploitative in their lifetimes. The effects of this skill are stronger when Ruler is summoned in Singapore, or when under the effect of From Third World to First.

Imperial Privilege: X (C)
    An ability that, due the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time at C rank or lower.
    Ruler does not normally have access to this skill. However, when summoned in Singapore, or while under the effects of From Third World to First, this skill becomes available to him due to the collective mental image of Singaporeans that “Prime Minister Lee can do anything for Singapore”. The skills that can be obtained this way, however, are limited to the “mundane” skills that non-magecraft users can acquire. For Ruler, the relevant skills are Bravery, Chinese Martial Arts, Discernment of the Poor, Eye of the Mind (True), and Military Tactics.

Pioneer of the Stars: X (C)
    The unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history, granted to Ruler for the feat of turning his country from a resource-less trading port into a major modern financial centre, a feat many considered impossible for the small city-state. Difficult challenges that would be considered “impossible” turn into “events that can be realised” as long as Ruler receives backup from at least 4 other Heroic Spirits.
    Ruler does not normally have access to this skill. However, when summoned in Singapore, or while under the effects of From Third World to First, this skill becomes available to him due to the collective mental image of Singaporeans that “Prime Minister Lee can achieve anything for Singapore”. As Ruler made most of his impact only in Singapore, the skill does not display the full power and rank granted for heroes who made truly world-altering effects on the course of human history.

Noble Phantasms

Defamation SuitJustice Preserves the Reputation of the Lawful

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1

“Most libels, and I have taken about 30 actions, take place at election time. It has not stuck because I am prepared to go before a court, stand in the witness box and face the most aggressive of lawyers who can cross-examine me on my personal history... The same law applies to me. Nobody has sued me for libel because I do not defame my enemies.”
    A fearsome weapon wielded in life against his opponents, Ruler’s favourite and most well-known weapon has been sublimed into this Noble Phantasm. Physically, the Noble Phantasm manifests as a stack of legal papers within the red work briefcase that Ruler carries. To activate the Noble Phantasm, the papers must be served to the target, and the effects of the Noble Phantasm will manifest, bearing the concept of “Justice That Protects the Lawful” and bring the target to trial. The trial takes place within the target’s mind as a defamation suit filed by Ruler against the target, taking place in only minutes in the real world.
    If the trial is concluded in Ruler’s favour, a random Noble Phantasm will be taken from the target by Ruler as the legal fees and damages for the trial and rendered unusable by the target until Ruler’s death or until Ruler voluntarily relinquishes the Noble Phantasm. If there are no Noble Phantasms to take, items taken in order of priority will include Personal Skills, Class Skills, and Parameter Ranks.
    As the Noble Phantasm is conceptual in nature, the only ways to resist the effects of Defamation Suit are:

• Have a Lawful alignment, which prevents the Noble Phantasm from activating
    • Hold no ill-will towards Ruler, which increases the target’s success rate of defending him/herself in the trial
    • Have a legal background, which increases the target’s success rate of defending him/herself in the trial
    • Activating the Noble Phantasm in a land which does not have strong judiciary systems or laws against defamation, which weakens the base concept of Defamation Suit and reduces Ruler’s success rate of winning the trial

Note that anything taken by Ruler via the use of this Noble Phantasm cannot actually be used by Ruler, nor will any detrimental effects from possessing them affect Ruler, as he is merely confiscating them. This Noble Phantasm will always succeed against non-Lawful alignment targets if used in Singapore.

Patriot’s DutyIf I Feel Something is Going Wrong, I Will Get Up from My Grave

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: -
    Maximum number of targets: 1

“Even from my sick bed, even if you are going to lower me into the grave and I feel something is going wrong, I will get up.”
    In life, Ruler was once famously said, “Even from my sick bed, even if you are going to lower me into the grave and I feel something is going wrong, I will get up.”. This quote gave birth to the legend of Ruler rising from the grave to fight off threats to his country has spread around the world, which was sublimated to this Noble Phantasm, representing the belief shared by many of Ruler’s countrymen that he will indeed, one day, return to Singapore from death should the need arise.
    The activation conditions for Patriot’s Duty are:

• There is rule-breaking occurring in the Great Holy Grail War, or in the general area in which he is summoned
    • Ruler’s HP is reduced to at least zero, but his soul has not been sent back to the Holy Grail or the Throne of Heroes yet.

When these two conditions are met, depending on the extent of rule-breaking occurring, there is a chance that Ruler will instantly be revived back to full HP, while removing all debuffs (if present) on him – a full resurrection Noble Phantasm that allows Ruler to become almost functionally immortal before removing all threats to the Great Holy Grail War.
    Incidentally, attempts to kill Ruler by any Servants are automatically regarded as the strongest form of rule-breaking possible, and will 100% activate the resurrection provided by Patriot’s Duty.

From Third World to First
    The Singapore Story

Type: Anti-Country
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum number of targets: 5.4 million

"I did some sharp and hard things to get things right. Maybe some people disapproved of it… but a lot was at stake and I wanted the place to succeed, that's all. At the end of the day, what have I got? A successful Singapore. What have I given up? My life."
    Crowned with the name of the country he founded and the achievements that he made possible there, this Noble Phantasm is at once the crystallisation of Ruler’s heroic legend, as well as the representation of his inner self, the drive to do anything and everything to ensure the continued development, prosperity and success of Singapore – thus the Noble Phantasm takes the form of a bounded field, "another World" that is similar in concept to the theatre of a certain ancient Roman emperor. When activated, a new World manifests over the current location - Ruler and his allies stand upon the shores of an island, with gleaming modern skyscrapers and buildings in the background, while his enemies are transported to land across the waters from the island, surrounded by slums, squalor and filth. A causeway manifests to allow battle between Ruler, his allies, and his enemies.
    Within the Noble Phantasm, Ruler is treated as being in Singapore, "on the land he founded and developed", and gains the skills Charisma (A), Innovation (A), Imperial Privilege (C) and Pioneer of the Stars (C), as well as receiving the maximum amount of fame boost to his parameters. The concept of “Ruler providing his country with development and prosperity” are applied to Ruler and his allies, causing their parameters to be raised over time by an effect similar to the Planet’s backup to Ultimate Ones until their parameters are at least one rank higher than their enemy parameters. In addition, for every 2 additional minutes they spend within the Noble Phantasm a “+” modifier will be added to a random skill/parameter. Conversely, enemies receive a “-“ modifier to a random skill/parameter for every 2 minutes they spend within the Noble Phantasm, as they are affected from having to live in the slums and squalor from areas not enlightened by the rule of Ruler.
    The exception to the rules of buffs and debuffs are skills, parameters, and Noble Phantasms of EX-rank. Fundamentally, From Third World to First is unable to affect anything of EX-rank, as they generally represent power and authority that are derived from something beyond the understanding of modern humans, due to the legend behind the Noble Phantasm having its source in modern times. This does not mean that Ruler has no power over Servants with EX-rank parameters or Noble Phantasms - other stats are fully able to be affected by From Third World to First, which may render them unable to display or use whatever skills or abilities that are still at EX-rank.
    Furthermore, in conjunction with the Ruler class container's highest privilege God's Resolution, From Third World to First can be used to power-up the Command Spells that Ruler uses on Servants within the Noble Phantasm, empowering commands with not only the authority of the Command Spell, but the pseudo-Planetary backup provided by the Noble Phantasm. This drastically increases the power that Ruler can provide to (or remove from) Servants within From Third World to First, and such commands can even instantly overpower Servants with rank A+++ in Magic Resistance.
    As Ruler was never a magus in life, under the normal course of events Ruler is unable to provide the necessary prana cost to manifest this Noble Phantasm. With the backup of the Greater Grail, Ruler is able to manifest From Third World to First once, expending his entire spiritual core in the process of doing so and sacrificing himself (permanently). However, if summoned in Singapore, the land where this miracle was originally manifested (and still exists to this day), backup from the fame, belief and land of Singapore will allow Ruler to use this Noble Phantasm multiple times without significant prana cost.

Here's what his stats would be under the effect of the fame boost/noble phantasm.
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A+++
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: B-
    True Name Discernment: B+
    God’s Resolution: A+++
    Personal Skills:
    Charisma: A
    Eye for Politics: B
    People’s Action Party – Innovation: A
    Imperial Privilege: C

• Bravery: C
    • Chinese Martial Arts: C
    • Discernment of the Poor: D
    • Eye of the Mind (True): D
    • Military Tactics: C

Pioneer of the Stars: C

Background:

Lee Kuan Yew. Widely regarded as the founding father of the modern city-state of Singapore. He co-founded the People's Action Party (PAP) in 1954, and with his fiery rhetoric, gained overwhelming parliamentary control. Lee and his cabinet oversaw Singapore's transformation from a third-world colonial outpost with no natural resources to a first-world metropolis and economy. In the process, he forged a widely admired system of meritocratic, corruption-free and highly efficient government and civil service. He governed Singapore for more than three decades as her first Prime Minister from 1959 to 1990, including through Singapore's independence from Malaysia in 1965, and continued to hold Cabinet positions till 2011, holding successive ministerial positions for 56 years. He continued to serve his people as an elected Member of Parliament until his death in 2015.
    Summoned in his prime as a young politician, Ruler may look like an educated, idealistic youth dressed all in white, but anybody looking into his eyes see the hard gaze of a hardened politician - calm, unflinching, and soul-piercing. As per the rules of the Great Holy Grail War, only Heroic Spirits with no desire for the Grail can be summoned into the Ruler class container, and Lee Kuan Yew is no exception. If questioned, he will merely say that "I did the best I could when I was alive, and I have no wish for the Grail. My time is over. I will let historians judge my legacy.". But if given the chance, Ruler will take time to read and research endlessly about current events and about Singapore in particular, and one could, perhaps, see a fleeting smile whenever he reads about his beloved homeland.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Born: September 16, 1923
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    He's silly but hey national pride go you big red firetruck

Blog Entries
    Well this guy is clearly never going to be used now that Apoc and GO went nuts with all the dragon stuff, so here we go. I guess I could have shoved him into the Berserker class, but this was more fun, given how strong and scary dragons are supposed to be. I'm sure people will take some issue with it, but whatever.

Fafnir
    Dragon of the Twilight

Class: Monster
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Parameters:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: C
    Luck: E

Class Skills

Fearful Legend
    The dreadful tales of the monster that is sealed within the Servant’s body act as a beacon of fear to the beast within, flashing information to it whenever someone other than its Master utters its real name.

• D: Saying Monster’s real name will make him aware that you know who it is, no matter the distance, and he will gain a brief flash of insight into the approximate direction and distance from him to the speaker. Those who know of Monster’s true identity have a chance of experiencing a Rank D Terrorise effect when they see him.

Beastly Form
    An ability possessed by those who were known for having transformed into unbridled, destructive beasts, whether willingly or not. Transformation to the bestial form grants a variety of benefits at the cost of accelerated prana consumption and potentially other drawbacks.

• A+: Transformed permanently in his original life, simply by his own greed, Monster maxes out the Beastly Form skill. He is able to instantly transform into his enormous dragon form, raising his Strength and Endurance by two ranks each, and his Magic Parameter by a single rank. His ability to sustain this form is not limited by prana but rather by his own Endurance, as he must make progressively more difficult Endurance checks every minute while transformed. If he fails his check then he reverts to his true form while sustaining accumulated strain damage, and cannot regain his draconian shape for at least twenty four hours.

Personal Skills

Bravery
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination.

• C-: Monster was blessed at birth with a strong arm and a fearless heart, making him an excellent guard for his father’s treasures. Though he has become corrupted and wicked, this fearlessness lives on. He is able to negate any mental influence equal to or lower than the rank of this skill, and is able to weaken stronger mental effects to an equal amount. The only exception is mental influences that play on his own greed, which he has little to no resistance against.

Eye for Art
    An infatuation with works of art and items of high craftsmanship. This knowledge may allow the owner of this skill to identify items with artistic qualities more easily than others could.

• B: Monster’s treasure horde features all sorts of items from around the world, gathered up over the years and obsessively examined so often that Monster understands the intricacies of many styles of art and craftsmanship. When Monster sees a Noble Phantasm that has been crafted by humans there is a high chance he will recognise the true name of the item and the properties it possesses.

Factor of the Dragon
    Association to those of the Dragon Kind. The “Dragon” attribute protects against Parameter losses acquired from the first major injury inflicted by the enemy. It may negates status losses from the accumulation of minor injuries.

• A++: The possessor of this skill is considered to be absolutely a dragon. Sealed unless Monster is using Beastly Form, this ability nonetheless grants him Magic Resistance, Damage Resistance, Flight and Breath of the Dragon at Rank A while he is in his dragon form. Additionally, his prana becomes unlimited, though utilising too much of it at once strains his Servant body beyond its limits. Anti-Dragon effects gain multiple Plus Modifiers when used against Monster in this state, and anti-monster effects also have increased damage.

Possessive
    Greed drives the owner of this skill to protect those things that are treasured with great ferocity and recklessness. This skill cannot be removed.

• A: All-consuming greed haunts Monster, such that he knows every single piece of treasure in his horde and will instantly notice anything missing upon examining his treasure. When items that Monster considers to be his are taken from him, he suffers from a rage equal to Rank C Mad Enhancement, but rather than enhancing his Parameters, this frothing rage simply incites him to take on his dragon form instantly and hunt down the thief to the detriment of all else.

Andvaranaut
    Cursed Ring of Ruination

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Targets: ~

Description: A fine ring made of Rhine gold, Andvaranaut was cursed from the day it was made, before it even passed to Monster. By the time it had passed to him it had already caused bloodshed and debauchery, and had gained a powerful curse of death upon it. Due to these curses upon the ring Monster’s Luck Parameter is fixed at Rank E. However, it is not simply a cursed ring, but rather bears great magical power as well. The concept it bears is “eternal generation of wealth”, and as it turns out, this is the same concept borne by a progenitor ring worn by King Midas. At will, anything the user touches with this ring will transform into gold, so Monster wears it on his strongest fist, using it to transform things into gold as he punches them. This ability to generate gold at will means that Monster has gained the skill Golden Rule at Rank C, but the curse of Andvaranaut means he cannot always control what will turn into gold, thanks to his overwhelming greed. Monster’s dismal Luck combined with wearing this ring is a tragedy simply waiting to happen.

This ring bears an exceptional curse of destruction upon it, one greater than simply the low Luck Parameter, as one who holds it long enough is fated to be destroyed. Those who possess it are sure to be killed, with causality, destiny and fate all working in concert to ensure this will occur, but the powerful mental compulsion of the ring’s greed-enhancing properties means that even those who know of this dark curse are loathe to get rid of the ring. Monster is not one who can be made to be rid of the ring so easily, but if he were killed Andvaranaut will remain in existence, subtly attempting to lure others to find it and cherish it.

Rinleygs
    The Ill-Fated Ransom

Type: Barrier
    Range: ~
    Targets: ~

Description: Rinleygs, the “Rhine-fire”, is an ancient kenning for gold, and it represents most accurately what this Noble Phantasm is: a mound of gold. Named for the reddish glint of Nordic gold, this is a Bounded Field Phantasm that Monster will attempt to establish as quickly as possible in order to bring his precious treasures into existence in the physical world.

What this Noble Phantasm is, most simply, is a manifestation of all the wondrous treasures and magical items that Monster horded over his lifetime. By establishing the boundary markers of his horde Monster is able to bring the gold into existence, creating a stationary treasure pile that acts as his base of operations. Thanks to his devotion to his treasures, Monster has inadvertently bestowed a fraction of his own self into each and every piece of treasure within Rinleygs, converting it into a vast prana furnace entirely separate from himself where he can slumber to revitalise himself.

Though Rinleygs is a stationary Noble Phantasm this does not mean that it is necessarily restrictive, as Monster is able to use portable bounded fields to reach into his treasure horde no matter where he is, in order to take items from it. There are a variety of swords, shields, weapons, armour and other magical artifacts stowed within the mound, but Monster is loathe to use many of these as he deems his collection too precious to risk.

There are several items within his horde that he does use to great effect however, the items that were tainted by Sigurd after he slew Monster. Due to their distasteful association with his slayer Monster has less compunctions about using these items. These treasures are the helm of terror Aegishjalmr, the golden chainmail Hafrodl Hervaedr, and the swords Ridill and Hrotti. These four items tend to make up Monster’s “standard equipment” as such, and have a variety of effects.

The items of Rinleygs all bear the curse of the ill-fated ransom, so the horde’s gold exerts a hypnotic effect that enhances greed, selfishness and jealousy in those who are near enough to it. The effect becomes cumulatively more difficult to resist as the treasure is amassed, so those who enter Monster’s lair to destroy his gleaming heap had best be firm of heart and stout of mind, else they be corrupted by the cursed gold. Anyone who steals a piece of gold that originated from this golden pile is cursed with Rank E Luck until the gold is returned to the pile.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You never know.
    Sigurd Fafnir could be different from Siegfried Fafnir.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    True, but I have no real plans for this guy anyway. He was just fun to write and I figured I may as well get him out there after a year and a half.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So Andvaranaut is the One Ring, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    You're damn skippy.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't it very probable that Tolkien was inspired by the Volsung saga? I mean, Smaug is basically Fafnir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    It's absolutely an influence. I believe in versions of the original legend the ring was basically The One Ring anyway, at least in terms of allure and greed incitement.

Or maybe that was the opera. The Nibelunglied took a few liberties but hey.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More than Smaug, I think Turin is basically Siegfried. In places. A lot of places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Isn't it very probable that Tolkien was inspired by the Volsung saga? I mean, Smaug is basically Fafnir.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le...nd_Gudr%C3%BAn
    Ummm, I'm going to say yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    More than just probable. Early in his career as a writer, Tolkien produced many translations and literary studies about Norse folklore. Some of his earliest works include personal takes on tales such as Beowulf and Sigurd's life.

Edit: snipped
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; September 17th, 2015 at 10:23 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.