Page 689 of 782 FirstFirst ... 189589639679684687688689690691694699739 ... LastLast
Results 13,761 to 13,780 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    I meant that her personality is completely different from pretty much any other Caster we'd seen at that point. And even now she stands out a bit from the others. She really doesn't have the personality of a Caster.

Yet, she was placed in that class/container. Why? Because that's what her abilities suited her for.

It was basically me trying to say that the Moon Cell also did not give a shit about personality when assigning classes/containers, but I thought I'd be clever about it. Obviously, it didn't work and served only to confuse you.

I guess I'll just stop trying to be clever from now on.
    Last edited by Crying; March 31st, 2016 at 06:29 AM. Reason: grammar, bitch
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Blog Entries
    What's the personality of a Caster supposed to be?

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medea is closer to Tamamo characterwise than Gilles

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    A Servant's personality does not dictate their Class, nor is the inverse true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the inverse is pretty true.
    The same Servant in a different class may have a different personality.
    Like Gilles or like Cu.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In Cu's case, isn't his different personality as a Caster a conscious choice? Like, he's a cool mage now, so he's being responsible aniki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    I was trying to say that a Servant's personality does not dictate the class they're put into, their abilities do.

That's all.

The message just got lost somewhere because I'm terrible at getting my meaning across.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    (Shameless Plug)
    My next Archer sheet is almost done, I should have it posted by the end of tonight.
    Prepare your self for the Terminator of Christianity

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Almost done with Archer, any guesses on his true name?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    Almost done with Archer, any guesses on his true name?
    St. Sebastian? Just a wild guess from looking up saints associated with archery (since you compared him to Mercerius I'm presuming he's a saint, and the archery part is self-explanatory). Not so sure about the "Christian Terminator" aspect though. I guess going on preaching after being clubbed and riddled full of arrows might count for that? No idea what his NP(s?) would be, though. Almost assuredly wrong, but whatever.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Archer
    Theme

True Name- Saint Philopater Mercurius
    Alignment- Lawful Good (The Terminator for "Justice")
    Place of Origin- Heaven (Or wherever dead saints go in the Nasuverse)
    Lifetime- June 24, 363 AD- June 27, 363 AD
    Likes- Christianity, Eliminating "threats" to Christianity
    Dislikes- Non-Christians, "Threats" to Christianity, Tyrants
    Wish- To personally eliminate all those that ever killed a Christian or will kill a Christian
    Also known as, Mary's Personal Executioner, Slayer of the Apostate

Faceclaim

Stats-

Strength- D
    Endurance- B
    ​Agility- A
    Mana- B
    Luck- E

Noble Phantasm- A++

Class Skills-

Magic Resistance- A

Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer"

Due to his overwhelming piety Archer has been able to obtain the highest rank of magic resistance (As is the case with most Saints).

Independent Action- A+

The Servant can operate without a Master. With a rank of A+ that exceeds even A, the support of a Master is unnecessary even while unleashing a large amount of magical energy. It is an ability that bends the rules and allows for the continued materialization of Servants even after the conclusion of the Holy Grail War.

This rank has been obtained by Archer when he was summoned by Saint Basil. Archer acted completely on his own after receiving orders from Mary, the Holy Mother, to eliminate the current greatest threat to Christianity, Julian the Apostate. Archer was able to travel many miles to reach Julian the Apostate, kill Julian with his Noble phantasm, then return to Basil to bring news that the job was done, all without any support from an outside mana source.

Personal Skills-

Protection of The Faith- EX

A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. At this rank Archer gains boosts against "threats" to Christianity.

Archer's personality has completely changed from what it was before he became a saint. He is now transformed into a tool of God's divine will, his only thoughts are those to eliminate any and all possible threats to Christianity. Because of this all non-Christians must be seen as threats, due to the fact that any who are not of the same faith might try to destroy it at one point. Even his current master will be eliminated if they are seen as a threat. He has become something sub-human with no emotions, it is almost pitiful to see him turned into this machine like creature.

Miracle- A+

A Miracle that makes the impossible possible. Although it has some similarities with the skill Pioneer of the Stars, it is something essentially different. There are also differences regarding the things that it can be applied. This version of Miracle passively boost the damage of Archer's Noble Phantasm- Arrow of Salvation.

In this form Archer is the embodiment of a miracle. After being dead for over a hundred years Archer was summoned from heaven at the order of Mary, and the prayer of St. Basil, to eliminate the man known as Julian the Apostate. He was summoned under Mary's orders: “Call Mercurius to me, that he go and put to death the enemy, Julian, of my Son!”

Saint- B

When summoned as a Servant, the ability of saint is selected one among "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and "production of a holy shroud is possible".

Divinity- C

As the Servant was revered as a saint in the post-classical era, the strength of his nature as a divine spirit is equivalent in rank to the deities of minor cults and the forgotten gods of yore.

Being summoned from Heaven helps Archer earn this rank, also being the cousin of Saint George who also has C rank Divinity doesn't hurt

Noble Phantasms-

Death Sentence of Three Weeks
    Enemy of Christianity, Marked for Death- C

Anti-Self

Marks one target for elimination. Only one target can be marked at a time, Only Archer's master can mark the targets. However should Archer's master have died somehow (take a guess) Archer himself will mark the targets. Archer receives a slight boost to damage against his target, and the Noble Phantasm- Arrow of Salvation, is unsealed against that target. Archer can only have one target at a time, and while he has a target he may only attack that enemy. Those who are Christian cannot be targeted by this Noble Phantasm, nor can they be harmed in any way (Killing a servants master will inadvertently kill them as well), that is unless they become considered a threat.

Hidden Saint
    Anonymous Soldier- B

Anti- Self

Archer's stats appear to all be lowered by two ranks to everyone (even his master). This Noble Phantasm also prevents enemies from sensing Archer is a servant (However the armour and bow will most likely be a dead give away). This Noble Phantasm is Sealed upon the use of Arrow of Salvation. The Noble Phantasm is a crystallization of how before he killed Julian the Apostate he appeared to be simply an average soldier. However upon fatally wounding Julian he realized that the Archer was no mere Archer, but in-fact a Saint sent down from heaven to kill him.

Three Heavenly Arrows to Protect the Faith
    Arrow of Salvation- A++

Anti-Unit

Faceclaim (Quiver)

Faceclaim (Arrow)

Archer's most powerful weapon. When Archer appeared before St. Basil the first time, with three arrows in his quiver, he said "The false king, Julian Apostate shall fall within three weeks". Upon saying this he disappeared before Basil's very own eyes. Sure enough before those three weeks were up Mercurius appeared before Basil, saying: "The threat to Christianity, Julian the Apostate, has been slain. Rejoice, for your people have been saved by my bow and the will of God!" After seeing this vision Basil received news that Julian had indeed been slain in battle by an unknown archer, and died later due to wounds that were unable to be healed. Archer can only use this Noble Phantasm three times, once for each arrow. The arrow also causes wounds that are unable to be healed, however, it is not likely that the target will survive long enough for this to matter (This effect is negated by those with Divinity). The damage that the arrow itself does is enormous. Just as Servants get stronger the older they are, the longer Christianity has been around the stronger the arrow becomes. Unlike the reason for Servants becoming stronger, this arrow is powered by every prayer that has ever been made. This is due to when Mercurius was summoned, he gained power from the fasting, and prayers of those around him, praying to be saved from the wrath of Julian, praying for a Miracle. These arrows are the embodiment of every prayer, no matter how small, no matter how unlikely. It is the miracle that every prayer can, and will be answered. Its total damage with all of the bonuses from Miracle, Protection of the Faith, and Enemy of Christianity, Marked for Death, bring it's damage output equal to that of Excalibur (if all of Excalibur's power was concentrated on one target). This attack will most likely kill any servant with Endurance lower than A. However, due to the destructive power of this Noble Phantasm, it drains much of Archer's Mana, even with his high rank in Independent Action. This arrow wouldn't normally be powerful, but as stated before the Noble Phantasm is the crystallization of every prayer ever made, every desperate cry that has gone unheard. Archer's current target has now been seen as the cause of all evils in the world, the cause of every prayer. Because of this, every prayer that has been made in the past gives power to the arrow, changing it into a weapon to destroy even the most powerful of foes. This arrow can be stopped by defensive Noble Phantasms, like other powerful ranged attacks. Whether or not the defense will be enough to stop the arrow depends on the strength of the defensive Noble Phantasm.

Chants before each arrow
    NP song, 0:00-0:15 Poem/Chant, 0:23 "ARROW OF SALVATION"

Chant (First Arrow)
    Galilean, Thou Hast Conquered!
    Thou Hast Waged Thy Warfare Well;
    At Thy Glance The Son Of Morning
    Lightning-Like From Heaven Fell,-
    Sank Amid His Pride And Scorning
    To The Deepest Darkest Hell

“Arrow of Salvation”

Chant (Second Arrow)
    Thou Hast Triumphed Over Sin;
    Wrath’s Red Cup By Thee Was Emptied,
    Holy Life By Thee Brought In.
    E’en The Weakest Of The Tempted
    May Through Thee The Victory Win

“Arrow of Salvation”

Chant (Third Arrow)
    Thou Art Victor O’er The Grave:
    Thine The Keys Of Death And Hades;
    All Their Terrors Thou Didst Brave.
    Where The Dimmest, Drearest Shade Is,
    Thou Canst Succour - Thou Canst Save.

“Arrow of Salvation”

Personality
    Archer's personality bares completely no resemblance to that off his Saber form. He has become a complete machine devoid of almost any personality at all, with only his one goal of defending Christianity from those who might become threats to it. Seeing him in this state is pitiful, and most of the other Servants will likely pity him after seeing what he has been reduced to. He is a broken human that simply lives to fulfill his purpose, he has no real emotions or reactions, as they are unnecessary for him to have because they will just end up getting in the way. He has become almost like a monster having no regrets and killing in the name of his idea of "Justice". Even those of his own religion will most likely become disgusted at what he has become, especially those that knew what he was like during his life. A friendly servant-master relationship is impossible, the best that they can hope for is Archer obeying them and not seeing them as a target. The only way for Archer to not see them as a threat or a target, is for them to be Christian, and then to also not commit evil deeds. Mercurius' existence in this form is the result of someone brought to near madness, abandoning everything for the sake of their ideals and what they believe is right. But instead of being a hero that saves every good person on the Earth, he has become a senseless killer that only lives to eliminate all potential threats to the ideal that he holds so dear. A simple killer for hire, a machine-like terminator with no other purpose. A truly pitiful existence.

Saber Form

(Author's Note: Archer also has the bonus Skill: Wanked- EX. And I did take a few liberties with his legend, but so does Nasu so I think its fine)
    (Also for the recent Servants can have different personalities depending on their class discussion, this is a perfect sheet)
    (Finally, you can think of this sheet of a celebration of me hitting 100 posts, and because of this, it is a throw back to my first servant sheet I posted on this site)

Basic Background info
    Last edited by ZSB1999; April 26th, 2016 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Luck Stat

Blog Entries
    Wow, you weren't kidding when you called the guy "Christian Terminator"! I'd thought you just meant he was especially implacable or something, instead of... this.

When you said it would call back to your Mercurius sheet I'd assumed you meant it would be some related saint, as opposed to literally the same guy under a different Class (though personality and ability-wise he's a whole 'nother beast).

Concept and personality reminds me a lot of EMIYA in full CG mode. You know you really have it bad when you make Archer come off as lucky in comparison to you (he at least got his sanity and personality back when summoned as a Servant). The music provided and the chants also add a nice sense of grandeur to the sheet.

If I had any critique, I'd say maybe Anonymous Soldier would be more fitting as a Skill then an NP? Other then that, he's perfect. Wanked yes, but deliciously so. This is one guy who'd be absolutely scary to face on the battlefield!

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought, is it possible for Saber Mercurius to be summoned alongside this guy in the same War? That would certainly make for some compelling drama. Wonder if it would lead into a conflict of ideals ala Shirou/EMIYA (though Archer!Mercurius doesn't strike me as articulate enough for such things).

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    When I first found out about the whole Mercurius being an Archer, I was going to just make it a copy and paste but with a bow. Then I found Protection of The Faith, and I thought about the whole Mercurius Story of how he was summoned from heaven to KILL someone. I was like "Holy shit! This guy is literally the Christian Terminator!". A few days worth of thinking it over and doing more research and then *BOOM* new Archer class servant. But yeah I might want to change his luck to E, but I don't think Mercurius really cares about becoming a Terminator (This may be due to all of his emotions being removed, but hey)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

Just a thought, is it possible for Saber Mercurius to be summoned alongside this guy in the same War? That would certainly make for some compelling drama. Wonder if it would lead into a conflict of ideals ala Shirou/EMIYA (though Archer!Mercurius doesn't strike me as articulate enough for such things).
    Probably would be possible, The most interesting thing would be if Saber!Mercurius' master was seen as a threat, then we get to see Saber be absolutely terrified of what he will eventually become. (Unlike Shirou he can't prevent himself from becoming Archer, he was forced to by Mary to become a terminator. I can't believe I'm saying this but Mary's kind of a bitch)

Blog Entries
    Probably would be possible, The most interesting thing would be if Saber!Mercurius' master was seen as a threat, then we get to see Saber be absolutely terrified of what he will eventually become. (Unlike Shirou he can't prevent himself from becoming Archer, he was forced to by Mary to become a terminator. I can't believe I'm saying this but Mary's kind of a bitch)
    Well, Saber!Mercurius could make it his wish on the Grail to never turn out like that. Or... maybe by some miracle SM (Saber Mercurius) manages to get through to AM (Archer Mercurius), who in his final moments regains his humanity and breaks free of the Grail's clutches to rejoin the cycle of reincarnation. Just pulling this outta' my ass here. I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I want to come up with one even for a character who's basically a glorified stat sheet with personality attached.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    But then again this the Nasu Verse so no happy endings ('Cept Heaven's feel true end and all the other good endings) so Archer!Mercurius kills Saber!Mercurius, because he sees him as a threat continues through the grail war until he is killed by the last servant. In his final moments he is freed from his emotionless state and is left regretting over what he's done and what he's become as sad music plays in the backround. So ends the short tale of Saber! and Archer! Mercurius.

Blog Entries
    Nasuverse totally has happy endings. After all, word of Nasu is that the chance of Shirou becoming EMIYA after any of the three major routes is just about zero.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I forgot! Its only Illya who has 0 happy endings

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I forgot! Its only Illya who has 0 happy endings
    Didn't she get a happy ending in Fate route though? Whereas her worst would probably be UBW, where she gets unceremoniously and brutally killed by Gilgamesh moments before reuniting with her beloved Onee-chan.*

*That moment made he seriously hate Gil when I first saw it in the anime BTW. I went from "Ooh, cool villain" to "You must DIE!"

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    In the fate route she dies about a year later iirc