Page 721 of 782 FirstFirst ... 221621671711716719720721722723726731771 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Berserker IRUn
    Berserker Hermes Trismegistus? I never would have thought of that one. Then again, it looks like Sion is the one in control here, akin to the situstion of Zhuge Kongming and Lord El-Melloi II. Her Noble Phantasm looks like Paracelsus's Azoth sword on steroids and crack. What differentiates it from other BEAMU NPs so as to make it Anti-World though?

Blog Entries
    Cuhlwch:
    Wait, Independent Action B+ lets a Servant survive for 40 days?!

That aside...

He has tremendous amounts of utility from Companions of a Knight, though he seems like a Mana hog.

I'm confused as to how Tuagh Cuhlwch works. I know that it creates tears in Gaea's Reality Marble withth it's swings, but how long do these take to heal? And how does it create a "zone" as described in its description? Does Cuhlwch need to run in a circle with it, or does each tear automatically create a radius where Gaea's influence is weakened?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It operates on a much more sublimated level of "Fuck you, stay dead"
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IIRC A rank IA lets them exist indefinitely sans Master as long as they don't exert themselves.

Doesn't Oz use IA to keep himself going in Fragments after his Master(s) get Assassin'd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Franz Bardon- Seems good but a few things to say. He has three skills revolving around magecraft which seems a little redundant honestly, I'd recommend either ditching one or making a new original skill to suit him. Everything else is good.

Culhwch-
    Seems pretty good, but personally I'd increase Magic Resistance and Riding by one rank each. Everything else seems pretty good and I enjoyed reading the Noble Phantasms though I think Independent Action at B+ allowing for 40 days seems a bit much. Especially because most Grail Wars only last two weeks. I think rank A seems enough.

------------------

Class: Rider (Can also be summoned as Saber)
    True Name: Ravana
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: India

Strength- A
    Endurance- A+
    Agility- B
    Mana- A
    Luck- B
    NP- A+

Height/Weight: 215cm/161kg
    Dislikes: Divine Intervention
    Talent: Tyranny
    Natural Enemy: Rama

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (-) - This skill is nullified by his multiple protective Noble Phantasms.
    • Riding (A+) - Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:

• Charisma (B) - The natural talent to command. Suitable to lead a country.
    • Divinity (B) - The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. A king of the Raksha, Asuras, and Daityas, known to have mixed blood of various supernatural beings, both mortal and divine, flowing through his veins.
    • Golden Rule (B) - Measures one's fortune to acquire wealth. It is said that hunger was unknown in Lanka, and even the poorest of households had vessels of gold to eat and drink off of.
    • Protection of the Faith (A+) - A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. Even if his sanity is brought into question, one cannot ignore his blind faith.

Noble Phantasms

• Vimana Throne of the Heaven-soaring King (Anti-Populace) (A+) - A flying contraption passed from Babylon to India and recorded in the two epic sagas, Ramayana and Mahabharata. It is a golden and emerald ark, a high-tech Indian Noble Phantasm that would make even Area 51 pale-faced, fuelled by a solar crystal, quartz crystals, that burns mercury as fuel. It surpasses the laws of physics by travelling at the speed of thought, and it can easily outpace a modern jet while Ravana is simply playing around. It has a pilot throne that can be withdrawn in emergency situations, and a control column. Within the myths of ancient India, it was apparently loaded with a variety of weapons ranging from ancient machine guns to ancient nuclear warheads. It has many other capabilities detailed in the Vaimanika Shastra, a technical guide following descriptions written about Vimana in the 10th century BC, including flying in a zigzag motion, deploying its wings to travel at high speeds, employing emergency evasion techniques to avoid collisions with other Vimana, optical camouflage and stealth functions, communication interception, the use of laser beams, and the deployment of biological weapons. It can be said that the Vimana is his ultimate weapon, capable of slaying even gods. However, his ability to control the Vimana is limited intensely by its size, meaning in an urban area, he cannot approach street level in his large craft unless he wishes to devote most of his attention to manoeuvring around large obstacles. In addition, its visibility means that its usage will usually be restricted to the night.
    • Tapasya O' Shiva, I Give My Body To Thee (Anti-Self) (C) - The boon granted to Ravana for four years of penance to Shiva. After chopping off his head ten times, he was rewarded with the elixir of immortality, which he was forbidden to drink. However, it could be stored in his navel. This granted him with the return of his ten heads which he had chopped off, meaning he cannot die permanently unless he has been killed ten times over or until the elixir in his navel has been (forcibly) evaporated.
    • Maanav Kee Baadha O' Gods, Protect Me (Anti-Self) (A+) - Special conceptual protection provided by Lord Brahma. Ravana has complete invulnerability to all manner of gods, serpents, demons, and all other supernatural beings. He was, however, conceited enough not to include man on the list of things he pleaded Shiva to grant him relief from, for he looked down upon them. Due to the effects of this NP, he can only be fully damaged by a human. He is immune to any damage or negative ailments from beasts, monsters or gods.
      For example, those with the Divinity skill at rank A deal 10% damage, rank B deals 80%, rank C deals 70%, rank D deals 60% and those with it at rank E deal 50% damage. Demigods, due to containing at least an aspect of humanity can harm him but the likes of those who have transcended humanity such as Scáthach cannot.

Lore

Ravana is a legendary, demonic king of Sri Lanka, said to have ruled the island 6,000 years ago.

One of the children of the sage Vishrava, Ravana performed an intense penance to Brahma, lasting several years. During his penance, Ravana chopped off his head ten times as a sacrifice to appease him. Each time he sliced his head off a new head arose, thus enabling him to continue his penance. At last, Brahma, pleased with his austerity, appeared after his tenth decapitation and offered him a boon. Ravana asked for immortality, which Brahma refused to give; in place of this, he asked for absolute invulnerability from and supremacy over gods, heavenly spirits, other rakshasas, serpents, and wild beasts. Contemptuous of mortal men, he did not ask for protection from these. Brahma granted him these boons.

Pleased with his resilience and devotion, Shiva gave to him the divine sword Chandrahas. It was during this incident that he acquired the name 'Ravana', meaning "He Of the terrifying roar", given to him by Shiva – the earth is said to have quaked at Ravana's cry of pain when the mountain was pinned on him. Ravana in turn became a lifelong devotee of Shiva and is said to have composed the hymn known as Shiva Tandava Stotra. Shiva had given his sword Chandrahasa with a warning that if it was used for unjust causes, it would return to the three-eyed one and Ravana's days would be numbered.
    His abilities now truly awe-inspiring, Ravana proceeded on a series of campaigns, conquering humans, celestials and other demons. Conquering the netherworld completely, he left his brother Ahiravana as king. He became supreme overlord of all Asuras in the three worlds, making an alliance with the Nivatakavachas and Kalakeyas, two clans he was unable to subdue. Conquering several kingdoms of the human world, he performed the suitable sacrifices and was crowned Emperor. Ravana defeated Indra and the gods, Surya, Varuna and Yama.

Kubera at one point chastised Ravana for his cruelty and greed, greatly angering him. Proceeding to the heavens, Ravana fought and defeated the devas, singling out his brother for particular humiliation. By force he gained command over the devas, celestials, and the serpent races. At the time of the Ramayana, set several years later, Ravana is shown as dominating all human and divine races – so much so that he can command the sun's rising and setting.

However, his downfall begins as he steals Sita, the wife of the hero, Rama, the God Vishnu in human form. Rama travels to Sri Lanka and defeats Ravana's army, then kills the demon king.

He's an arrogant lecher who responds to most requests with either sarcasm or casual insubordinance. However he's very devoted religiously and was a legitimately good king to his people. Passionate, capable and very ruthless. He is a sarcastic devotee to his Master, whomever they may be. He only serves them as the notion amuses him. For the time being.

-----------------

Ok, here is the most powerful Rider I've done yet and one of my most powerful Servants yet. Critique is appreciated.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 13th, 2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Rewording

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Cuhlwch:
    Wait, Independent Action B+ lets a Servant survive for 40 days?!

That aside...

He has tremendous amounts of utility from Companions of a Knight, though he seems like a Mana hog.

I'm confused as to how Tuagh Cuhlwch works. I know that it creates tears in Gaea's Reality Marble withth it's swings, but how long do these take to heal? And how does it create a "zone" as described in its description? Does Cuhlwch need to run in a circle with it, or does each tear automatically create a radius where Gaea's influence is weakened?
    Independent Action (B+) does whatever I want it to, since as far as I know there aren't any Servants who have it at that rank in canon. C lets you stay in the world for up to a day while A lets you stay pretty much indefinitely (albeit needing Mana supply for Noble Phantasms), so I wanted a kind of 'middle ground' between the two.

Thanks for the feedback on Tuagh Cuhlwch. You're spot on as to the 'radius'. Each tear cuts off the entire surrounding area from Gaea, no need to 'run a circle' with it. It's a bit underspecified in the description, but the degree of separation varies based on both the size of the tear and how many other tears are made in the same area. As for how long they take to heal... maybe a few hours up to about a week or so, depending just how deep the tear is. May add this to the description later on to clarify things.

He's basically intended as a 'jack of all trades' character with Companions Of A Knight.

Blog Entries
    Ravana: About time Hindu myth's most notorious baddie gets a sheet here. As well as high ranking stats and Skills, he also has a variant of Heracles's God Hand (multiple lives) and Achilles's Andreias Amarantos (invulnerable save for certain types of beings). This guy would give Herc and Gilgamesh a run for their money! Of course, it's all deserved given his lore.

I have a few questions on Maanav Kee Baadha, though. For one thing, when you say 'only humans can harm him', how far does this extend? If Gilgamesh shoots a sword at him would he shrug it off since Gil is divine or would that only apply if Gil actually took the sword and slashed him directly with it? Is he just immune to any attack that's caused by a non-human? Also, you say that Tapasya O' Shiva would deactivate if the elixir in his navel was evaporated, but does that apply to MKB too? Since they have the same origin lore-wise I'd assume so, but you don't actually say as such in the sheet...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Ravana: About time Hindu myth's most notorious baddie gets a sheet here. As well as high ranking stats and Skills, he also has a variant of Heracles's God Hand (multiple lives) and Achilles's Andreias Amarantos (invulnerable save for certain types of beings). This guy would give Herc and Gilgamesh a run for their money! Of course, it's all deserved given his lore.

I have a few questions on Maanav Kee Baadha, though. For one thing, when you say 'only humans can harm him', how far does this extend? If Gilgamesh shoots a sword at him would he shrug it off since Gil is divine or would that only apply if Gil actually took the sword and slashed him directly with it? Is he just immune to any attack that's caused by a non-human? Also, you say that Tapasya O' Shiva would deactivate if the elixir in his navel was evaporated, but does that apply to MKB too? Since they have the same origin lore-wise I'd assume so, but you don't actually say as such in the sheet...
    To answer, the attack would be nullified as it came from him in the first place and for the second question, the evaporation effect wouldn't extend to the third NP as they're different. The second and third NPs are both blessings from gods but different ones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    To answer, the attack would be nullified as it came from him in the first place and for the second question, the evaporation effect wouldn't extend to the third NP as they're different. The second and third NPs are both blessings from gods but different ones.
    You're right. I didn't look closely enough. Second one comes from Shiva while the third one is from Brahma.

Now that I think about it more closely though, third NP isn't actually as hax as it sounds given that Heroic Spirits are by definition at least partly human. For demigods or part-Monstrous Spirits like Medusa, I think it'd make sense that the damage they inflict on him would be reduced by a factor that scales based on their divinity (or monstrosity). So half damage if they're half divine, quarter if they're quarter divine, and so on. That'd make more sense IMO then it being all-or-nothing.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're right. I didn't look closely enough. Second one comes from Shiva while the third one is from Brahma.

Now that I think about it more closely though, third NP isn't actually as hax as it sounds given that Heroic Spirits are by definition at least partly human. For demigods or part-Monstrous Spirits like Medusa, I think it'd make sense that the damage they inflict on him would be reduced by a factor that scales based on their divinity (or monstrosity). So half damage if they're half divine, quarter if they're quarter divine, and so on. That'd make more sense IMO then it being all-or-nothing.
    Thanks, I reworded the third NP.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Independent Action (B+) does whatever I want it to, since as far as I know there aren't any Servants who have it at that rank in canon. C lets you stay in the world for up to a day while A lets you stay pretty much indefinitely (albeit needing Mana supply for Noble Phantasms), so I wanted a kind of 'middle ground' between the two.
    A+ is the one that lets the Servant stay in the world indefinitely. A doesn't have any time specified, and B lets them stay for two days. Forty days really is too much.

Let me guess, you got the idea for the axe "killing nature" from Arthurian Literature and Society, right? Well, saying an axe which is described as "swifter than the fall of the dewdrop from the blade of reed-grass upon the earth when the dew of June is at the heaviest" represents the mastery of Man over Nature is quite the stretch, but it's your Servant. I'll just note you left out quite a few of the companion's abilities, such as Kay's inner fire or ability to grow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Franz Bardon- Seems good but a few things to say. He has three skills revolving around magecraft which seems a little redundant honestly, I'd recommend either ditching one or making a new original skill to suit him. Everything else is good.[B]
    Alright, I took out Summoning. Thinking of a unique skill now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    A+ is the one that lets the Servant stay in the world indefinitely. A doesn't have any time specified, and B lets them stay for two days. Forty days really is too much.
    I thought A and A+ both yet the Servant stay indefinitely, it's just that A+ allows for usage of Mana-hogging Noble Phantasms as well. The description for Independent Action (A) on the wiki is very vague though, just says 'the Servant can take action without a Master' which could apply to any rank.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Wasn't it around the 12th century? The fifth HG in F/GO in Camelot is 1273 AD.
    King Arthur's (5th-6th century) reign is described as the end of the age of mysteries in the British Isles.

Also for comparison, the Second Grail in FGO is set mostly in 60 AD continental Europe and the Age of Gods is very clearly stated to have already ended. You do visit Britain though.
    Caster Cu's interlude also talks about how he died pretty recently in that singularity, and there should still be people living in Ireland that he knows.

The way they changed the location name for the Sixth Grail but not the rest just sounds like a title change and not an actual major story change. The structure of the main story was set in stone long ago. I have a feeling Camelot 2.0 got established on top of Jerusalem. But yeah we should just wait for ch6 to come out.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 13th, 2016 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Let me guess, you got the idea for the axe "killing nature" from Arthurian Literature and Society, right? Well, saying an axe which is described as "swifter than the fall of the dewdrop from the blade of reed-grass upon the earth when the dew of June is at the heaviest" represents the mastery of Man over Nature is quite the stretch, but it's your Servant. I'll just note you left out quite a few of the companion's abilities, such as Kay's inner fire or ability to grow.
    You're exactly right as to the source. Even if it's a stretch, I'd say it's okay if I have some kind of academic source backing me up. It's not like Nasu never takes creative stretches either (Gae Bolg as causality reversal spear, Excalibur as planetary defense laser cannon). It was either that or blood-red razor wind, so I went with the more interesting, conceptual approach.

Kay's growth I thought of including as Monstrous Strength of some rank or another, decided against it. Inner fire I hadn't heard of at the time I wrote the sheet, would it translate into something like Mana Burst (Flames) do you think? Anyway he has enough abilities as is, I don't think I really need to give him any more.

Glad to find someone who knows their Arthurian myths! I was worried nobody was going to recognize the guy...

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Nerfed Cuhlwch's Independent Action to B. Forty days and forty nights really is a stretch if most Wars are over in about a week or two.

Blog Entries
    Update (2nd): Clarified the description for Culhwch's first NP somewhat. Mentioned the radius affected by its tears in reality, plus how long it takes for said 'tears' to close over. Thanks for the feedback Constructman! Hopefully it's easier for mere mortals to understand now.

Inner fire I hadn't heard of at the time I wrote the sheet, would it translate into something like Mana Burst (Flames) do you think?
    That could work, but at a very low Rank, I'd say; it was mostly so he could always keep himself warm and light a fire regardless of the weather.

Blog Entries
    And another one! And it's a SMITE character!

Xing Tian
    "刑天舞干戚,猛志固常在"

Regular appearance

When Monstrous Strength is active

Class: Lancer
    Name: Xing Tian
    Place of Origin: China
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Agility: B
    Endurance: A
    Magic: D
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B++

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (B)
      Cancels spells under three verses. Even Greater Rituals and High Thaumaturgy will have difficulty affecting him.

Personal Skills:
    • Divinity (E-)
      While Xing Tian is regarded as a deity in China, his monstrous traits have been emphasised in this summoning, lowering his divinity.
    • Monstrous Strength (A)
      Temporarily boosts Strength by one rank. Use of this skill will cause Xing Tian to transform into his headless form for the duration of the skill.
    • Chinese Martial Arts (False) (C-A)
      Xing Tian hails from a time long before the Chinese martial arts evolved into their current form. However, his martial prowess can be considered equal to those who have reached a level of skill in kung fu that they can be said to have truly "learned it". However, this skill will drop by two ranks whenever Monstrous Strength is activated.
    • Warrior's Fealty (EX)
      A composite skill that will only activate if Xing Tian pledges loyalty to his Master. When fighting in defense of either his Master's life or his Master's honour, the skills Mad Enhancement (EX), Pride of the Rearguard (A), and Honour of the Battered (B) will be imposed upon Xing Tian. Once his loyalty is sealed, it cannot be withdrawn. For Xing Tian, to attempt to betray his Master after this skill has been activated would be akin to attempting to defy a Command Spell.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Undying Determination: A Warrior's Duty (Anti-Unit, B++)
    Xing Tian's indomitable spirit has been channeled into the very weapons that he wields. The stronger his fighting spirit, the stronger his axe and shield will be. The shield will block proportionate to the will of the user, and the axe will cut proportionate to the will of the user. However, Xing Tian cannot empower both of them to their maximum potential at the same time. He must be fully committed to either blocking or striking. As such, Xing Tian's fighting style is one of extremes and is not very flexible.

Xing Tian: The Relentless (Anti-Unit Self, B)
    In reference to his legend, Xing Tian's Spiritual Core will not suffer damage from wounds. While he is still at risk of running out of prana from overexertion, even losing a limb will not add to his prana cost. He will even be able to survive without a head for a time, and must be then stabbed in the heart to be instantly killed. Destruction of his Spiritual Core is an all-or-nothing matter. Of special note is that if Xing Tian loses his head, he will be permanently locked into his Monster form.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Once, Xing Tian was a minister and general of the Flame Emperor. At that time, two emperors ruled in China and battled each other for control of the Middle Kingdom. Eventually, the Yellow Emperor's army triumphed over the Flame Emperor's forces. But Xing Tian would not tolerate the humiliation of his lord, so he rallied what remained of the Flame Emperor's and attacked the Yellow Emperor's forces head on. Eventually, the general and the emperor engaged each other in single combbat until the emperor decapitated Xing Tian, whose head rolled down to the foot of Changyang Mountain and was swallowed up by the earth.

But not even that would stop Xing Tian.

Eyes appeared on his chest, and on his stomach, a mouth opened and roared with inhuman fury. Xing Tian continued to press on, striking wildly at the air, his determination only growing stronger and stronger.

It is unknown what happened at this point, but the most probable outcome was that the Yellow Emperor left the headless monster that was once Xing Tian to wander the valley alone. Eventually, through the spread of legend and myth, Xing Tian ascended to the status of a god and spent the rest of his days relentlessly challenging the Supreme Deity.

Personality:
    When out of battle, Xing Tian is calm and well-mannered, the quintessential gentleman. He is a writer of poetry and a level-headed administrator. While he could be quite the charmer, his sense of propriety keeps him humble and restrained.

In battle, all that melts away. Even if Monstrous Strength isn't active, Xing Tian can only be described as "inhuman" and "unnatural" in combat. Not quite a monster, but definitely something more powerful and more dangerous than any ordinary human.

When first summoned, his wish to the Grail would be to resurrect the Flame Emperor, that he may serve him again. However, if his Master gains his trust and loyalty, he will discard all intent for the Grail.

Miscellaneous:
    Likes: the Flame Emperor, those who remind him of the Flame Emperor.
    Dislikes: the Yellow Emperor, those who remind him of the Yellow Emperor.
    Talents: fighting, writing Chinese poetry.
    Natural Enemy: the Yellow Emperor
    Catalysts: A hand-drawn copy of this picture.
    Last edited by Constructman; May 14th, 2016 at 10:51 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You forgot to give a rank for Warriors Fealty.