Page 523 of 782 FirstFirst ... 23423473513518521522523524525528533573623 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

Okay, now we have two examples stacked against the dozens of others tied to a specific spirit.

That there are 18 Zabaniyas is a moot point when each one is distinctly different. Blowing up someone's head with a gunpowder brain isn't the same thing as creating a fake heart to crush the real one.
    Indeed, but these precedents do establish a pattern.

Also, how do you view the No Name Assassin, who has both the "exploding head" Zabaniya, the "crushing heart" Zabaniya and many more?

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Indeed, but these precedents do establish a pattern.
    It does happen, but you're reaching.

I used the Gae Bolge example to point out that while you can pass on a sword or a spear, a physical act is harder to recreate

Also, how do you view the No Name Assassin, who has both the "exploding head" Zabaniya, the "crushing heart" Zabaniya and many more?
    Those are techniques that she was able to reproduce, so she got them as Noble Phantasms.

That Lancelot is so insanely skilled with anything close a weapon he touches isn't a style or an assassination technique. It's the sum of a lifetime of training, battle and talent.

It is who he is as a person and a combatant. It's not a trick the Hassans had to develop through a lot of hard work that could be reproduced by No Name.

Blog Entries
    No they don't establish a pattern, for the reasons others have listed above. Samson and Lancalot have exactly nothing to do with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not all that rare. Another possible example would be Gram/Balmung. When you hear that name, the first thing you think is the sword of Sigurd/Siegfried. But originally it belonged to his father, the hero Sigmund.

There is also the case of the 18 Zabaniyas of the Hassans and the No Name Assassin....
    Balmung says that it changes based on the user's alignment. Sigmund's could have been the Demonic Sword Version.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Tweak it to be "Knight of Faith - Where the Jaw Crushed the Philistines" or something whacky like that. Bob's your uncle.

Blog Entries
    You know, I'll just drop it then. Is less of a headache.

any comments on the other aspects of that Servant?

quote for higher truth
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    You know, I'll just drop it then. Is less of a headache.

any comments on the other aspects of that Servant?
    The rest looks fine to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Balmung says that it changes based on the user's alignment. Sigmund's could have been the Demonic Sword Version.
    I didn't realize there was anything in Gram/Balmung's legend that could make it pass for a demonic sword.

Unless all that incest turned it evil somehow

Blog Entries
    All the familicide, I'd have thought. Sigmund kills his nephews with it, and Regin reforges it for the murder of his brother by Sigurd, and then he kills his brother-in-law with it as he dies.

Also possibly a transferred property of Óttar's gold.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Arondight become a demonic sword when Lance used it to kill Gawain? Or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Mordred and pals killed Gawain.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Didn't Arondight become a demonic sword when Lance used it to kill Gawain? Or something along those lines.
    Gawain's brothers.

Blog Entries
    Don't read too much into it. The term "demonic sword" comes from a translation of the japanese 魔剣 (maken), which can also mean "magic sword".

quote for higher truth

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't read too much into it. The term "demonic sword" comes from a translation of the japanese 魔剣 (maken), which can also mean "magic sword".

Pretty sure it's Demonic Sword in this case otherwise that comparison makes a lot less sense.

Blog Entries
    Yes, context is important.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, context is important.
    Yes, that is what you have taught me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad
    Place of birth: Germany

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: A
    LUCK: D
    NP: B

Class Skill
    Mad Enhancement (B): Rank up for all parameters, however most of one’s sanity is taken away. Berserker has only her sorrow and rage at being betrayed left and will lash out at anyone who she sees fit.

Personal Skills
    Mystic Form (C): Berserker possesses the ability to enchant those who gaze upon her. Anyone who looks on her will irrevocably fall in love if they lack appropriate Magic Resistance. They will desire to possess her no matter what, which will inevitably lead to their doom. Under the effects of Mad Enhancement, this skill is always active.

Divinity (D-): The measure of aptitude of a Divine Spirit. As a water spirit, Berserker possesses a low rank in this skill.

Protection of the Fairies (C): The ability to raise Luck in dangerous situations. Berserker is, in some interpretations of her tale, a fairy maiden, and thus she is able to call on their aid if necessary. Compensates somewhat for her Luck stat, which is low even with the boosts from Mad Enhancement.

Noble Phantasm
    Lied der Rhinetöchter – Come, Die with me on the Rocks (B, Anti-Mind): The song of the Lorelei that lured countless men to their deaths. When Berserker starts to sing, all who listen have their doubts and worries cast away, losing themselves into the ecstasy of the song. As the song continues, the listener’s mind will slowly break down, until it eventually melts wholly into the melody. Those enthralled by the song become nothing more than puppets under Berserker's command, though her fragile sanity means they will be running on instinct as much as she is. They have no will of their own and it is unlikely they will even notice when they die. The closer the listener is to Berserker, the faster the deterioration takes place, and the song’s effect physically compels the listeners to move closer to Berserker as she sings. A successful Luck or Magic Resistance check will be enough to resist the song’s effect however, the checks adjust downwards, so the longer she continues to sing, the more likely it is the listeners will be enthralled.

Note
    Berserker is Lorelei, the Rhinemaiden of the rocks, the siren who lures travellers to their deaths. Those on the river will be drawn into the treacherous waters around Lorelei’s rock, whilst those on land will be lured over the steep cliffs of the Rhine gorge. Originally a fairy maiden who fell in love with a knight, Lorelei was betrayed by her lover. Consumed by thoughts of revenge, she cursed countless men and caused their deaths, until she was cornered by a bishop on the banks of the Rhine. Rather than be killed by him, she threw herself into the river and thereafter would use her song to lure sailors and travellers to their deaths.

Thing I did on a whim after listening to Die Lorelei. Everyone else's profiles seem so much longer than mine, but I can't really think of anything else to say. The German in the NP name is courtesy of Google translate and if it's bad please correct it for me.

Last edited by asterism42; February 14th, 2015 at 07:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Mordred and pals killed Gawain.

I guess it varies from a version to version, but I'm sure there is at least one account where Gawain is killed by a Lancelot in a duel.

Silly one here:

Class: Shielder
    Alignment: True Neutral

STR: C
    END: B > A
    AGI: E
    MAG: A
    LCK: D

Story
    Shielder is Svalinn, the legendary shield of Norse mythology that stands before the sun...
    Or at least, she’s a shard of it. After some cataclysmic event probably something to do with the moon just cause, Svalinn was shattered, it’s pieces falling to Earth and each one given a body because Nasuverse that’s why.
    Shielder quickly met up with Ruler and Saber because again Nasuverse and the three set out to find the Dragon Balls Star Pieces other selves: beating up other Servants and forcing them to help along the way.

Class Skills:
    Guardian Knight: C
    Shielder gains a Rank-Up to her Endurance if guarding someone.

Personal Skills:
    Presence Concealment: D (EX)
    Makes her suitable for spying. In her original form, she was completely undetectable.

Magic Resistance: E+
    Cannot cancel spells, but damage is reduced and she absorbs 1/3 of the attack’s prana if it hits. In her original form, she instead had a skill called Magic Absorption at EX rank.

Rune Magic: E+
    Shielder knows only 3 of the 24 Elder Futhark runes, but she can use them very easily.
    Haglaz: Summons a hail cloud to rain upon a group of enemies.
    Isaz: Traps a single enemy in ice, costing them their turn.
    Laguz: Brings a waterfall down on a single enemy.

Independent Action: B+
    Capable of remaining in the world for two days without an established contract, and also capable of surviving for a some time after suffering heavy damage to her core. However, she does not waste prana by simply staying still, so that time can be extended infinitely as long as she remains immobile.

Noble Phantasm:
    Icing Draught: I Who Stand Before The Shining Deity
    Type: Barrier
    A barrier of ice surrounds Shielder and the entire party, greatly lowering the damage and absorbing half the prana of any attack that hits. Shielder does not lose her turns while it’s active, and it’s effects last until either the ice wall is broken or three turns have past.
    It will completely negate and absorb any attack if it is light, fire or electric based (like Excalibur), regardless of it’s strength.
    Last edited by Li Shuwhere; February 14th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I guess it varies from a version to version, but I'm sure there is at least one account where Gawain is killed by a Lancelot in a duel.
    Nasu Gawain died fighting Mordred's side when they struck a wound that hadn't fully healed from his Lancelot fight.