Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Swords and Sorcery: Through fire and flames.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    Uther's progenitors made a deal with a dragon giving the line and Saber the power of the dragon, Merlin renewed this pact with the dragon so Satoshi is bound to the dragon completely.

gate has a key, it's debatable if it's a physical object or not, i go with it being an invisible solid key. he snatched it.
    Whiiich doesn't explain the possession.

True, but you'd think Gilgamesh would defend it better, and already have the gates active when he's fighting, and pound the poor sod who got back up into the dust.

That... still doesn't explain why the dragon is doing this instead of just going, "Well, fuck this I'm going home."

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still have no idea who any of the characters who made brief cameos were,
    i thought the characters were obvious. archer,shirou,saber (that is arturia) Lancelot (as servant saber) Kiritsugu, sakura, Kirei, Caren and Gilgamesh.

By doing so your stunting the importance, uniqueness, and overall interesting nature of a non-human character.
    it gets explained elsewhere but it's important that it reads as a non human with human qualities
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh it's the Welsh dragon then?

.... are you SURE Satoshi isn't Hyoudo Issei? x3

And Magos brings up a good point. Considering we've only seen him actually use the key once, I'd wager Gil can probably open the Gate without it and just does it with the key for show or for unlocking a greater part of his arsenal.
    Or a certain weapon. That's why he used the key in the FZ anime, if I recall, to open the lock on Ea, not on the rest on his treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Then you generally shouldn't post extras without the main story. Because the reaction will generally be like this.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i thought the characters were obvious. archer,shirou,saber (that is arturia) Lancelot (as servant saber) Kiritsugu, sakura, Kirei, Caren and Gilgamesh.
    Whoa. I had no idea any of them were in there. Except Gilgamesh and I wasn't sure if Sakura was the same Sakura or not.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    it gets explained elsewhere but it's important that it reads as a non human with human qualities
    Where?

Cause unless you have posted a work that explains why you remove the inhuman nature of a nonhuman is a good think I have not seen this explained anywhere.

This is one of your problems, you say things are explained in other works/pieces/future works/statements/elsewhere, but I have never once seen you link any of these explanations to the thread.

Its not just with this but an overall issue you have, you need to have more information available to people otherwise the context makes no sense because we have no idea what your head cannon is.

In addition, I would still not recommend using First person ever again, overall you are not all that good at creating mental flow from one perspective, you would probably have overall better luck from a third person perspective while changing between limited omniscient variants, allowing you to show thoughts when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Whiiich doesn't explain the possession.
    I said completely, including hijacking privileges.

That... still doesn't explain why the dragon is doing this instead of just going, "Well, fuck this I'm going home."
    reread the dialogue.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Well, I did guess some of them, but whatever.
    So, how many of them were worth mentioning? None of them do anything except be there for the narrator to monologue at at the end.

Blog Entries
    Well, I did guess some of them, but whatever.
    So, how many of them were worth mentioning? None of them do anything except be there for the narrator to monologue at at the end.
    continuity desu, they are there in the main story

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I said completely, including hijacking privileges.
    Alright, better question - why would a dragon, a mystical being of immense power and wisdom, lower itself to inhabiting the body of a hairless ape?

Ahh, I see.
    Have you posted the main story? I'd kinda like to read it after all this.

Blog Entries
    Ahh, I see.
    Have you posted the main story? I'd kinda like to read it after all this.
    honestly? i'm being a perfectionist asshole in writing it, i'm mentioning the most offhand stuff in the main work, like where Sakura works, what it smells like, describing a group of pseudo OC's staying at the Fujimura residence etcetera. and that's just the prologue. damn my being a slow typist

why would a dragon, a mystical being of immense power and wisdom, lower itself to inhabiting the body of a hairless ape?
    gilgamesh broke his stuff

I'd wager Gil can probably open the Gate without it
    fate zero was not out when i wrote the story, i'm not going to rewrite things every time nasu changes something.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Gaboogie's Avatar
    fate zero was not out when i wrote the story, i'm not going to rewrite things every time nasu changes something.
    But...the key was added in in F/Z; in F/SN he just snapped his fingers and *pop* goes the magic blades.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    in F/SN he just snapped his fingers and *pop* goes the magic blades.
    I am 85% certain the key is mentioned once in F/SN and never shows up again.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2098/
    "Enough playing around. Offer me your body, right here."
    Is it an illusion?
    In his hand.
    A shortsword like a key is in his hand.
    You are 100% right. But in the same scene before he uses the sword he pulls a big 'ole hammer out of the gate to smack Shirou with so... he's a drama queen and Nasu was drunk.

Blog Entries
    But...the key was added in in F/Z
    referring to the anime, i learned about the key when I asked for a resource back on the old bl. regardless I wrote it this way, there's a key, it got snatched, stops him from drawing further weapons.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    honestly? i'm being a perfectionist asshole in writing it, i'm mentioning the most offhand stuff in the main work, like where Sakura works, what it smells like, describing a group of pseudo OC's staying at the Fujimura residence etcetera. and that's just the prologue. damn my being a slow typist
    If all that's just the prologue then you're overloading the story. Length is not quality, just look In Flight.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Gaboogie's Avatar
    referring to the anime, i learned about the key when I asked for a resource back on the old bl. regardless I wrote it this way, there's a key, it got snatched, stops him from drawing further weapons.
    Ok, I guess; that was a minor nitpick anyways. My real issue is how...quick it was. And what little reasoning there is for there for the dragon to just come in and do anything. It's a deus ex machina, and a rather dull and uninteresting one at that. MC is about to lose, on noez! Time to pop in the mystic entity/force that safeguards him and makes sure he doesn't die then! Conflict? With the 'get out of jail free card'? What's that?

There isn't even a real drawback to the whole thing by the tone of the story either; just 'dragon is not amused, GTFO Gilgamesh'. What could've helped the story was to focus and empathize how alien and inhuman the dragon was now that it's pulling the strings. Have it practically revel in causing Gilgamesh pain, bask in the King of Heroes's agony like a sadistic predator toying with it's prey. Have someone from the sidelines try to stop it; because as evil as Gilgamesh is, torturing him like the dragon would be doing is wrong. They would see this and go 'This isn't Satoshi, we need to stop him before he does something he's going to regret'; then you can have the dragon retaliate against the 'insects that dare to stop him' and those that are trying to 'end his hunt and spare his prey'. Nasu says Dragons are akin to demons in the west, use this. Add another dimension to the conflict other than 'dragon bailout for the MC'.

And even if it's not Satoshi doing the deed, if he's the son of Shirou and Saber I can't help but see himself taking the blame if the dragon does cross that line. Because it was his weakness that made it manifest, his inability to stop Gilgamesh that brought forth this inhuman beast. This alien being that hurt his friends, that used his body and acted like an animal in his stead. It makes the scene...deeper, more filling to the reader. It adds some meat to the bare bones situation there currently is.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^

This is very good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It also makes it less Sueish of Satoshi.

Mind you it's like taking an ice cube off an iceberg, but it helps.