Page 353 of 680 FirstFirst ... 253303343348351352353354355358363403453 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    FGO doesn't let you steal buffs, he'd just wipe them and get 10% buster up
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Although I kinda hope he does die just so he can be in GO. Say what you will about his character, he'd be damn fun to use.
    Until you discover that his NP is laser Nine Lives and King's Order is either a skill or a line in his profile.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If this was written by anyone else, I'd fully expect Hippo and Alcides to go out in a mutual kill, Achilanta style.

But I still doubt Narita's ability to actually kill any of his characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Imagine being so bad at writing you need to kill off characters on day 2 to generate interest.

I'm interested.

Just not invested.

JP Friend Code
    One of my biggest gripes about like Fate Apo etc. is that they kill off characters too early. I'd much prefer a slower pace, and to have plenty of interactions etc. because I'm here for the characters.

And on the other end of the spectrum you have Narita dragging things out to the point of tediousness.

JP Friend Code
    I think the biggest problem I have atm with FSF is the references to other works. I like references to other works and so on, but if the references are fluffs then maybe don't include them more than necessary. Whenever I stop and think "hey this is a reference to X" it kinda take me out of the story a little bit. So if it happens too often that's bad for my interest in the plot.

Reincarnation Pandora has two implications from the name alone. The first is that Pandora opened the box that unleashed All the World’s Evils and since Herc was bathed in Grail Mud, that makes sense if it’s a side effect of being truly corrupted unlike in HF where Mad Enhancement and God’s Hand interfered with the process.

So if we follow the logic that it comes from All the World’s Evils, Reincarnation implies that it’s more of a rebirth or self-modification that creates a new being by taking aspects from other beings. In other words, Reincarnation Pandora can steal Conceptual NPs like From Hell because they’re Labours of the Body and Herc is one who is most famous for taking Labours.

This means that Reincarnation Pandora is likely focused exclusively on Conceptual NPs and Weapon or Technique NPs are most likely not under its purview. Does that make any sense?

Also, Nine Lives is Herc’s technique so it makes sense that he’d have it no matter what state he’s in. King’s Order probably has Hydra Venom Arrows for the Second Labour.
    Last edited by Base; June 26th, 2018 at 06:29 PM.

JP Friend Code
    I hear that a lot about the references. For me personally, it doesn't bother me at all because most seem p. trivial and I even find them fun to an extent.

Still wondering if that girl Flat met was Aoko though.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; June 26th, 2018 at 06:19 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Reincarnation Pandora has two implications from the name alone. The first is that Pandora opened the box that unleashed All the World’s Evils and since Herc was bathed in Grail Mud, that makes sense if it’s a side effect of being truly corrupted unlike in HF where Mad Enhancement and God’s Hand interfered with the process.

So if we follow the logic that it comes from All the World’s Evils, Reincarnation implies that it’s more of a rebirth or self-modification that creates a new being that takes aspects from other beings. In other words, Reincarnation Pandora can steal Conceptual NPs like From Hell because they’re Labours of the Body and Herc is one who is most famous for Labours.

This means that Reincarnation Pandora is likely focused exclusively on Conceptual NPs and Weapon or Technique NPs are most likely under its purview. Does that make any sense?

Also, Nine Lives is Herc’s technique so it makes sense that he’d have it no matter what state he’s in. King’s Order probably has Hydra Venom Arrows for the Second Labour.
    Nice theory and analysis. Here's to see how it turns up as in the next vol. Given Alcides just used it we should at least get some info for it as we get into it.

Hopefully
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I meant to say not under it’s purview. Sorry.

So by that logic it’s like Beast I taking Clairvoyance, but not being able to take Revelation in Grand Order, since one is of the body and one is of the soul.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I think the biggest problem I have atm with FSF is the references to other works. I like references to other works and so on, but if the references are fluffs then maybe don't include them more than necessary. Whenever I stop and think "hey this is a reference to X" it kinda take me out of the story a little bit. So if it happens too often that's bad for my interest in the plot.
    I like it, it feels Narita and is quite gratifying to be able to understand them, specially because SF is set after SN, it makes it feel like everything else was a journey to be able to enjoy this completely. Ayaka being Person A one irrelevant scene at the start of HA is still one of my favorite moments in SF so far, though it was slightly ruined later when it turned out she wasn't actually Ayaka.

US Friend Code
    Yeah I like all the references in SF too. I can see the argument that it's cheap or takes you out of the story, but I'm just a fan of callbacks and nods.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    lol now even Narita isn't allowed to be fanboy.

That's not even what they're saying tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I was very open to Alcides when he was introduced. Personality fine. Edginess, edgy but grail mud we get it. Needless references to SN, okay you do you Narita.
    But the fact that he has Nine Lives separate from King's Order AND steal your NP even if its conceptual was too much
    If he only had King's Order and Nine Lives was just part of that, representing Labor 2. I would be fine with him.
    Reincarnation Pandora is just seriously too much,
    Everyone beside Gilgamesh after Zero, get powercreep
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I like Alcides but I don't like the direction Narita is taking for most of his characters. They're just way too over the top even for Fate standard and most of the reasoning for their skillsets are straw-grasping level of justification.

Personality wise, most of his characters are cool when they first appeared and then quickly become very one-notes. It's like most of them only have one volumn at all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I like Alcides but I don't like the direction Narita is taking for most of his characters. They're just way too over the top even for Fate standard and most of the reasoning for their skillsets are straw-grasping level of justification.

Most of his characters are cool when they first appeared and then quickly become very one-notes. It's like most of them only have one volumn at all time.
    ... Is it alright if I ask for an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    ... Is it alright if I ask for an example?
    Zealot is a pretty good example for both