Page 401 of 680 FirstFirst ... 301351391396399400401402403406411451501 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Blog Entries
    Do we have high quality scans of the pictures yet (specially the Servant sheets)?
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; April 13th, 2019 at 09:47 AM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Thanks for the TL. Also, I might be a bit late to the Humbaba discussion, but I'd like to give my two cents. My prediction is that TB is 100% Humbaba and that the whole Edison thing is just a massive red herring. The reason why it looks like a lion-headed spider mecha is probably due to the environment it was summoned in (lots of buildings, streetlights, technology, etc.) We've been going off the assumption that it absorbs surrounding technology to make itself bigger and stronger, but I think that it absorbs EVERYTHING in its immediate vicinity. So in a city, it's made of concrete, metal, glass, and electric cables. But if it were in its home turf back in the Cedar Forest, it would be made of trees, grass, dirt, rock, and various animal bones. As for its invisibility, it might be merging with its environment in order to become its environment. This would explain why its presence can still be felt even though it can't be seen or heard; because it's literally everywhere around them (or at least partially around them). This is all unfounded speculation on my part though, and I could certainly be wrong.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    Do we have high quality scans of the pictures yet (specially the Servant sheets)?
    You can buy the novel on bookwalker
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

For any of my Japanese speaking brethren, does True Assassin have any feats in this volume? Presence Concealment is one of my favourite abilities but it's rare to see it be used well, so I'm really looking forward to seeing EX rank PC in action.
    Yorokobe
    Support/FC below
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tmato View Post

Know what Narita is discussing here? Google translate seems to indicate its about future plot regarding the true rider, berserker and caster teams.
    He's saying the fans of those characters can now enjoy they have been incorporated properly into the plot and subplots of the story aka they have rols in vol. 5

More interesting the following tweets, it seems there is a mistake on Dumas NP name, the correct name is the one on vol 4. "Musketeer Masquarade", not like it is on vol. 5 "Masquarade Musketeer"

Sorry it's taken me so long to post more translations. It turns out that I was overly optimistic about how long my university projects would take.
    Anyway, here's the next section of SF. Unfortunately, this bit is pretty much all recap, but I figured I ought to post something.
    Expect the rest of the chapter in a few days (for real this time).

Bridge: Rondo of the Outsiders, part 1

Bridge:
    Rondo of the Outsiders

"And in our next story, the string of sudden deaths yesterday of senators and industry leaders due to accidents and illness is causing chaos in share prices on the New York Stock Exchange..."
    X X
    Should what happened in Snowfield be called an "ordeal" or not?
    The more accurately someone had been observing events, the more they inclined toward "not."
    That was because that series of incidents, unprecedented in the history of the city, and perhaps even of the whole United States—the Holy Grail War—had been deliberately engineered.
    The city of Snowfield itself was a test site created on American soil for the ritual—abandoning the site and starting over had been part of the plan from the beginning.
    But that was only the masterminds' point of view.
    As far as ordinary people with no knowledge of mystical matters were concerned, all of that was irrelevant.
    As far as the ordinary townspeople with no knowledge of the reasons behind it all were concerned, it was a calamity that had descended on them without warning.
    The Holy Grail War.
    An exclusive ritual known only to a few, even among mages.
    With Heroic Spirits whose beings were engraved into the world's "throne" as their familiars, mages would battle each other with every fiber of their beings for over an omnipotent wish-granting device—a genuine foothold on the path to the Root.
    It was said that it had begun with other intentions, but the third Holy Grail War, held more than half a century earlier, had seen countless factions scheming beneath its surface. Then, in the fourth Holy Grail War, held over a decade prior, the loss of one of the Lords of the Clock Tower had drawn the attention of a very small group of mages who had made it past efforts to suppress the information.
    Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it was considered "a dubious ritual performed in the Far East." What was being held in America, however, was beginning to show itself as far too strange and twisted even for a Holy Grail War.

To begin with, there was the fact that the number of Heroic Spirits summoned was too large.
    The Holy Grail War was ordinarily fought by seven Servants, and while this one had appeared to conform to those numbers at first...from about the time that a Heroic Spirit seemingly of the Saber Class had appeared before the cameras of a local TV station and declared his intention to make reparations for a demolished theatre, a major "divergence" from the original Grail Wars hard begun.
    A ritual of magecraft ought, properly speaking, to be conducted in secrecy.
    To anyone who dealt in magecraft, or Mystery in general, that principle was absolute. And yet this fake Holy Grail War had barely begun before it was broken.
    Almost as if to say that that had been the masterminds' intention all along.

There was the single combat between Archer and Lancer in the desert.
    The clash of their Noble Phantasms had turned part of the desert to glass and left a massive crater in its wake. Officially, it was declared a gas pipeline explosion.

Then there was Assassin's assault on the police station, seemingly aimed at Saber, who was being held there.
    A hematophage who seemed to be Assassin's Master had forced his way into the station amid the chaos and Hansa Cervantes, who the Holy Church had dispatched to oversee the Grail War, had gotten dragged into the brawl. Officially, it was declared a terrorist attack on the police station.

It was followed by an attack on Archer and his Master, who had taken up a position in Crystal Palace hotel, which shattered every window in the vicinity and was explained away as the work of an unforeseen tornado.

Then two powerful Servants, as well as something else, had caused widespread destruction centered on a meat processing plant in a corner of the factory district—a mage's workshop with the backing of the Scladio Family.
    The devastation was still being kept from the eyes of the public by an illusion cast over a wide area, most likely by a Caster Class Servant.

In just a few days, severe distortions were already forming in the unfolding ritual.
    A mystic ritual in the form of a battle to the death between mages and their familiars—and no ordinary familiars, but Heroic Spirits, embodiments of Mystery itself.
    No matter how carefully the groundwork for that ritual had been laid, in the face of a string of irregularities on a scale that threatened to annihilate the city, concealment was nearing its limit.

But far from coming to a conclusion, the situation had begun to show signs of irreversible expansion.
    With complete disregard for all preceding atmospheric conditions, a massive hurricane had formed on the west coast.
    In an area centered on Washington D.C., key figures in business, politics and information were dropping dead one after another.
    Those who knew what was happening behind the scenes realized that these disasters were not natural.
    They realized that a great tide had risen in the city of Snowfield and that the world was being inexorably dragged into its shadowy depths.

If one were to deem this an ordeal bestowed by some higher power...then it would be like being flung into an endless labyrinth in which it was impossible to see what lay even an inch ahead, let alone the finish line.
    Because they had yet to realize that they were in a labyrinth at all.

Thanks to everyone who pointed out typos.
    I've marked them on my draft and I'll update the previous post shortly.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It was followed by an attack on Archer and his Master, who had taken up a position in Crystal Palace hotel, which shattered every window in the vicinity and was explained away as the work of an unforeseen tornado.
    A tornado.

A. Tornado.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on now. Goddamn Americans buying this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    A tornado.

A. Tornado.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on now. Goddamn Americans buying this shit.
    Not a great explanation. Also, if it formed from the west coast, it should be a typhoon, not a hurricane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Expect the rest of the chapter in a few days (for real this time).
    Thanks for the TL. The index in post #1 has updated accordingly.

One minor typo I spotted:
    > is causing chaos in share prices on the New York Stock Exchange
    "in the New York Stock Exchange," not "on"
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; April 26th, 2019 at 01:57 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Not a great explanation. Also, if it formed from the west coast, it should be a typhoon, not a hurricane.
    Tropical cyclones that form east of the International Date Line are still called hurricanes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Thank you Othersideofsky!! Not much to say over this part but Snowfield just being a test site for the Holy Grail War was news to me (though I might have forgotten lol)

Thanks a lot for the TL. I wonder what's up with Hassan killing off so many people, as far as I recall he was only supposed to target a specific criminal organization leader. I guess the organization doesn't really have a leader and he's just interpreting the order to dismantle the entire upper echelon, but it seems extremely far reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Tropical cyclones that form east of the International Date Line are still called hurricanes
    Oh, I see. Thanks for correcting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Thank you Othersideofsky!! Not much to say over this part but Snowfield just being a test site for the Holy Grail War was news to me (though I might have forgotten lol)
    Yeah, this has been stated numerous times.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the TL. I wonder what's up with Hassan killing off so many people, as far as I recall he was only supposed to target a specific criminal organization leader. I guess the organization doesn't really have a leader and he's just interpreting the order to dismantle the entire upper echelon, but it seems extremely far reaching.
    I picked up some spoilers yesterday and the answer to this is among those, in case you're interested.

Neat. Thanks.

JP Friend Code
    Oh that bit about John

im concerned

The heck was Dumas thinking then, or does John have a deathwish?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I do like the Scladio twist.

JP Friend Code
    Im like confused over the Scladio thing like it goes against logic?

I picked up some spoilers yesterday and the answer to this is among those, in case you're interested.
    Thanks.

John's arm being poison to himself too sounds like a serious flaw but maybe that's just Dumas wanting to create a tragic protagonist.

Oh, this explains why peeps at jbbs were talking about Eleanor and speculating if she may have been summoned as part of Richard's NP
    (I didn't saw them talk about anyone else btw)