Page 406 of 680 FirstFirst ... 306356396401404405406407408411416456506 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Sigma and Zealot go and try to save Tsubaki. After quite a bit of Sigma monologue but not really because he's talking to Watcher, Jester finds them.
    He's holding a horror movie spear that he made with hospital scissors and scalpels. Sigma notes that he's a superior bloodsucker. Sigma has fought one of them before, but it took a team of famous magi and spellcasters to take down. Instinctively, he knows that he's going to die.
    Jester goes into graphic detail about how he's going to torture Sigma after making his body unable to die.

Jester just accept that she's not into you and leave my boy alone, geez everyone is in a tough place in this volume.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Slay Kirito and reclaim your waifu Jester, I believe in you
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Jester is destined to be a new member of back alley alliance.

US Friend Code
    Tine's magic crest is a bit different from the ones used by Western Magi. It directly plugs her circuits into the leyline allowing her to use strong magecraft even without incantations.
    However, the cost is that if she were ever to go to a place that is not influenced by Snowfield's leylines she'd die.
    It also turns out that Tine has 12 brothers and 9 sisters.
    They were sacrificed and their circuits were assimilated into the leyline. It is this sacrifice that allows Tine's body to surpass her father 's in the use of magecraft.
    In the future this will also happen to Tine's kids (i.e it happens every generation).

Not sure how to feel about this.
    It's certainly unique

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    The most ironic part is her servant is Gil
    Yeah, it really is.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigma and Zealot go and try to save Tsubaki. After quite a bit of Sigma monologue but not really because he's talking to Watcher, Jester finds them.
    He's holding a horror movie spear that he made with hospital scissors and scalpels. Sigma notes that he's a superior bloodsucker. Sigma has fought one of them before, but it took a team of famous magi and spellcasters to take down. Instinctively, he knows that he's going to die.
    Jester goes into graphic detail about how he's going to torture Sigma after making his body unable to die.
    I wonder if this will be Sigma's moment when he decides, even if he is going to die, that this is worth fighting for or something about the true meaning of courage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    OI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, it really is.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this will be Sigma's moment when he decides, even if he is going to die, that this is worth fighting for or something about the true meaning of courage.
    Time for Sigma to become the true lancer. Then he can die!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    The most ironic part is her servant is Gil
    And her enemy is kinda Heracles.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post

The captain says this is his second trial so very likely.

Round 1 of Alcides and the Police was intense.
    John saw his mother's death on television. She was a policewoman and she died in a fire. His father turned off the television immediately, but that scene was still carved in his heart. Even if his dad was a very aloof person, he would tell John stories about his mother whenever John was crying to try cheer him up. But you can also see that as a curse. Because of those stories he kept chasing his mother's shadow.
    John was the third son. His dad was a magus who was estranged from the Clocktower and received backing by the American government. In return for that backing, he had basically sold his son, John, who had magic circuits to the government. John was transferred to Snowfield to serve under Orlando who inspired him because even if John had circuits, he had grown up a normal person. He didn't under why sacrificing people was natural for magi and grew unreasonably angry at the magecraft world. Orlando speech made him believe that he could play a role in protecting innocent people from magecraft and in fact they were the final line of defense considering the nature of the other magecraft organizations.
    John faces Alcides who asks them if any of them will abandon Tsubaki and leave. There's a "thou shalt not pass moment."
    Alcides asks John why.
    He says that he wants to run away even if he knows that Alcides can easily catch up. But living peacefully after abandoning a little girl would be even more scary."
    Alcides says that John's brave and then bitchslaps him with his bow.
    The blow breaks his neck and smashes him into the glass door of the hospital.

John has a vision of the first time Dumas met Dantes. It seems Dumas found Dantes wounded and patched him up. The scene is a dinner table with some ladies. Dumas invites Dantes to eat and asks him about his story.

Dumas comes to visit Flat and Jack who are outside the Church (AYAKA and Hansa are inside). Jack turns into a large wolf. Flat's like "wow you can become le chien!" Dumas tells him his true name and Flat goes all fanboy. He references that one of the OB's family loves books (Org's family) and even has some original manuscripts. Either way, Dumas asks them if they want some help. He tells them rather than a witch's cauldron he's gonna but them in a pressure cooker with a kitchen timer.

Alcides is slowly pushing the police back.
    Alcides has been going easy on the cops, only really striking when they come towards him. This is because if he fully commits to an attack, especially while using his bow there will be a gap in his defense and a stray bullet from Gilgamesh will put him out of commission. This wouldn't be a problem for the him before the grail mud, because he had God's Hand.

It goes into a little detail about Vera's past. She's the younger sister, but Amelia, her elder sister was born with poor circuits. So she became the successor instead and her sister became doctor. Their family was involved with the Snowfield grail and Vera doesn't have the complete crest implanted in her. But, she's definitely the person who should be Orlando's right hand. She pulls out a test tube and shoots it. It's a magical smoke screen that distorts one's magical energy perception. Without Jack, they have an enemy in front of them (Alcides) and an enemy behind (Jester). She orders the bow NP policewoman to find Tsubaki's. She throws a few more test tubes to buy time. That's the moment Richard starts his Excalibur barrage on Gil (interspersed throughout these events is Gil vs Richard as well).
    It's this gigantic wave of magical energy coming from behind them that Alcides knows should capture his attention. But it doesn't, he's staring right in front of him. It's not instinct but the accumulation of all the experience he's had, that what's dangerous isn't that NP barrage, it's what's coming right in front of him.

John rushes at Alcides who tries to strike him but is too slow. John smashes his nose which is protected by the pelt with a knee kick. Alcides starts taking John's blows, for some reason he's faster and stronger now. Alcides pegs him at around the level of an ancient greek army general (proof that people were strong in the AOG?) but still nothing compared to a Servant. If you're comparing his blows to Hippolyta's, it's like being wailed on by a kid. But Alcides' eye of mind is telling him to be wary, why is John's center of gravity all messed up? Why doesn't he use that prosthetic right hand?
    And then he feels it, this slight AOG aura leaking out of the right hand, the moment it touches his nose and skin, he gets the fuck out of there because that presence is death. He knows and that's why he slathers it on a special arrowhead. The police retreat into the hospital itself and Alcides tells John that he recognizes him as an opponent now.

Vera sends shield guy to support John who Alcides is now peppering the police with arrows trying to break their defensive line. They're running out of time to figure out a weakness. And then a bunch of Jacks congregate with black arms coming out of their shadows trying to seal Alcides. He knows that this is Flat who has come out to fight with Jack. Buzz Cola has told him about Flat, but since Alcides has high-tier MR, and Flat isn't an AOG magus, he's not worried at all about any direct attacks. He starts shooting some arrows that turn into Stymphalian Birds at any empty space. As they're fired their magical energy rips open the space Flat was concealing himself. Flat does his "Play Ball" incantation and hastily puts up some barriers and some wind but the birds fatally wound him. But the body turns to mist.

With a "Game select," one of Alcides' arrow explodes. It seems the magical energy went wild. Then explosions start happening all on and throughout Alcides's body. Since a Servant is a mass of magical energy, their artries and nerves are can be considered "magical energy circuits" (魔力回路 vs 魔術回路 dunno if there's a meaningful difference). So Narita has this nice little section describing the explosions that is very nicely formatted.

Spoiler:

This is really bad, and Alcides is taking a ton of damage. So he decides to just throw all his magical energy into the ground. An action like this would destroy a normal Servant, but Alcides is using pure strength at this point to keep his body from just breaking. A few hundred meters of asphalt is ripped out with water pipes bursting. Cars are overturned or half destroyed.

A modern magus shouldn't be able to affect him with their magecraft. But Jack's NP, From Hell, causes a change in the Saint Graph, converting you into a Phantasmal Species GO Demon. While Alcides wasn't completely that, there were parts of him (like his wings) that were. In these regions the MR is low. And it's through his regions that Flat was to make the magical energy in his body run amok. It's an incredible miraculous piece of magecraft that could only be started because of how close Jack as Flat was to Alcides before that Jack got destroyed.

With all that's happened Alcides accidentally lowers his guard and therefore his eye of mind for a second.
    John comes in screaming, his prosthetic hand revealing a black blade moves beyond the speed of sound and stabs Alcides, breaking off the blade.
    He notes even if he had God's Hand, the Hydra poison, for his Saint Graph, is complete death. It would take all 12.
    "Game over."

Dumas's idea was to combine Jack's Thousand Faces skill, his Natural Born Killers, and Flat's essence. This would strength the magical energy line between them but also end up kind of mixing them together. Side effects may include murderous impulses for Flat but with Dumas' NP, Jack would be able to use Flat's magecraft and pretty much be a complete copy of him.

Dying, Alcides asks why the original Flat was there. Jack replies it's because Flat has something that he doesn't. And Flat's second command spell fades away. Turns out Flat used his own Command Spell to compile the magecraft that hacked into Alcides and Buzz Cola's line because that's pretty much impossible on your own. Flat notes that even if Buzz Cola had a single command spell, the hacking would have been repelled and Flat would have died. But it seems he was lucky. To that, Alcides notes that Flat has "eyes" that see that far."

Alcides congratulates John, but says they were unlucky. The mud starts to eat away at the hydra poison burning away to skin and muscle until you can see bone. The areas then suddenly heal. He may have lose his twelve lives (the ruby has alternative heart above twelve lives) but now the hydra poison isn't death to him. He says "My polluted blood! My soul that's embraced the heart of an avenger...! Can something on the level of that poison dye them now?" A storm of magical energy surrounds him and he tells them, they should have been paying attention to everything around them before jumping and shooting an arrow at Gilgamesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

So Grail Mud gives poison resist and allows him to heal through sheer willpower? Or is it BC combined with the Mud that let that happen?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

祖 Ancestor
    That was intense, with good applications of strategy by Dumas and Flat.

Alcides congratulates John, but says they were unlucky. The mud starts to eat away at the hydra poison burning away to skin and muscle until you can see bone. The areas then suddenly heal. He may have lose his twelve lives (the ruby has alternative heart above twelve lives) but now the hydra poison isn't death to him. He says "My polluted blood! My soul that's embraced the heart of an avenger...! Can something on the level of that poison dye them now?" A storm of magical energy surrounds him and he tells them, they should have been paying attention to everything around them before jumping and shooting an arrow at Gilgamesh.
    Can you elaborate on this?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Ruby text above "twelve lives" said alternative heart. Not sure if literal explanation of God hand mechanics or just a metaphor for the role of God hand.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, this context changes some things of what I knew. In the part of Alcides saying John's hydra arm could kill himself, the "himself" meant Alcides rather than John as I interpreted.

JP Friend Code
    Flat, Jack & John vs. Alkeides looks so hype I honestly can't wait to read this in full!

With all the new spoilers, I'm honestly more sure than ever that a major theme is identity and the duties that come with an identity.

Blog Entries
    魔力回路 vs 魔術回路 dunno if there's a meaningful difference
    Count on Narita for the blast from the past Tsukihime throwback

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Count on Narita for the blast from the past Tsukihime throwback
    oh wow just found the reference. So it is pretty much just a magic circuit. I guess that's further proof that Servants do all naturally have magic circuits

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Turns out the Scladio family helps magi persecuted by the clocktower and eastern magecraft organizations. I think this is the second time they're mentioned?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Turns out the Scladio family helps magi persecuted by the clocktower and eastern magecraft organizations.
    What do they charge for it?

JP Friend Code
    A favor

Turns out the Scladio family helps magi persecuted by the clocktower and eastern magecraft organizations. I think this is the second time they're mentioned?
    Not entirely surprised.