Page 427 of 680 FirstFirst ... 327377417422425426427428429432437477527 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 13588

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

It would be nice to see the OG Grail Knight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    Was Percival's moment really that overthrown by French OC Jr?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    It's a common problem of Arthurian lit, gotta have the new guys upstage the old heroes at their own game.

Remember when Bedivere was Arthur's strongest knight? That was a rhetorical question as nobody cares about the ancient non-Malory stories.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Yes. Galahad is the canon Grail Knight, completely overshadowing both Pellinore and Percival's attempts--and successes, depending on your sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's a common problem of Arthurian lit, gotta have the new guys upstage the old heroes at their own game.

Remember when Bedivere was Arthur's strongest knight? That was a rhetorical question as nobody cares about the ancient non-Malory stories.
    Remember when even in Malory Sir Balin was ten times the knight Lancelot was, and then he had to be shunted out to make room for his French Gary Stu?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Both the Grail and Percival as we understand him (to distinguish from the Welsh Peredur) were created by the dude behind Lancelot and after him besides, so not really?

To wit, Chrétien de Troyes' Percival is generally acknowledged as the earliest known Grail romance (though he himself speaks of having drawn it from an unknown book given him by Count Philip of Flanders). The Welsh Peredur's date relative to that of Chrétien's account seems to be controversial: while the Mabinogion stories Peredur is from are commonly considered to precede Chrétien's time, it seems that they were actually committed to writing more than a century after Chrétien's death. So who took from who is up in the air.
    Last edited by All fictions; October 11th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries
    One final thing about Percival before we completely derail this thread, judging by a certain someone turning up in Fate/Reqiuem it looks like the Fate interpretation of Percival is based strongly off of Wagner's opera "Parsifal" and thus if we do see him then it's very likely he'll be a Lancer Class Servant with the Holy Spear. That would certainly distinguish him from Galahad who got the Grail itself.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar

How do I find them? Also, Mallory himself has one knight after another be the best or strongest to the point where you can't take any hierarchy of strength all that seriously. Only Lancelot is consistently placed at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

祖 Ancestor
    Well Culhwch and Olwen has Bedivere along for the adventure at least.
    Here's two translations of the quick descrption they gave of him in that tale.
    And Arthur called Bedwyr, who never shrank from any enterprise upon which Kai was bound. None was equal to him in swiftness throughout this Island except Arthur and Drych Ail Kibddar. And although he was one-handed, three warriors could not shed blood faster than he on the field of battle. Another property he had; his lance would produce a wound equal to those of nine opposing lances.
    [Then] Arthur called upon Bedwyr, one who would never shrink from a mission which Cai was going on. What Bedwyr had was this: there was none as handsome as he in this Island except Arthur and Drych eil Cibdar. And this as well - all though he was one-handed, three armed men in a field with him could not draw blood [as quick] as he. He had another power: one wound there would be from his spear and nine counter-thrusts.
    So he was fairly great.

To get back on topic though.
    Dumas edited Jack and Flat right. Was that using his Item construction(revision) or his Musketeer's Masquerade NP?

Blog Entries
    Apologies for my bluntness as I have not looked at the scans, but did we get anything of note from Richard?

It would be an understatement to say he's the one I'm most interested in.

Not making Bedivere a Lancer is one of the top ten biggest crimes against the KOTR.

I don't believe it was officially stated but I can't imagine it not being MM used on Jack and Flat.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apologies for my bluntness as I have not looked at the scans, but did we get anything of note from Richard?

It would be an understatement to say he's the one I'm most interested in.
    You mean in his profile?

It says he fucks at rank B or higher.

祖 Ancestor
    That makes sense.
    Jack though just kind of seems less like a distinct entity and more like a bundle of noble phantasms sometimes, so I was left thinking maybe he just edited the way one of his NPs worked.
    Then again Item Construction (revision) lists relics and not the more esoteric NPs non physical NPs being editable so it would be safe to assume it's MM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    You mean in his profile?
    Nah, I meant story-wise.

Although I will give that profile a read anyways. Thanks~

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    That makes sense.
    Jack though just kind of seems less like a distinct entity and more like a bundle of noble phantasms sometimes, so I was left thinking maybe he just edited the way one of his NPs worked.
    Then again Item Construction (revision) lists relics and not the more esoteric NPs non physical NPs being editable so it would be safe to assume it's MM.
    Dumas spewed a load of cooking wordplay before doing it, so it makes more sense for it be Grand Dictionnaire de Cuisine.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Dumas spewed a load of cooking wordplay before doing it, so it makes more sense for it be Grand Dictionnaire de Cuisine.
    yeah they (metaphorically, spiritually) get cooked.

I'm curious about that NP that Hippolyte was about to release. Also, seems she have a lot of tricks. As the mother of Wonder Woman I expect her to be strong as fuck at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    I'm curious about that NP that Hippolyte was about to release. Also, seems she have a lot of tricks. As the mother of Wonder Woman I expect her to be strong as fuck at least.
    Are we talking about the 3-way fight between her Alkiedes, and Gilgamesh? Pretty sure it was implied that she was turning herself into a godess(NP improves divinity, and she has B-rank by default). We also know it has an anti-fortress function, but we haven't seen it.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Yes. Galahad is the canon Grail Knight, completely overshadowing both Pellinore and Percival's attempts--and successes, depending on your sources.
    btw Gareth recently mentioned it to the effect of "there's only one real Grail and Galahad got it, though if there's anyone else I guess it would be Percival"

I just realized that it's been like two months since I posted an FSF translation and a couple people messaged me about it, so I thought I should say something here.
    I'm still working on translating the rest of volume 5, but I'm currently taking classes in one field, teaching classes in another, and doing translation work for two companies, so I've had almost no time to do anything.
    I'm trying to make time to get some more done soon, but in the worst case I might not have enough time to make real progress until early December. In either case, my hope is to finish translating to volume around New Years, when I should have a decent chunk of time off.

take your time. you're doing it in your free time, it's not some obligation.