Page 434 of 680 FirstFirst ... 334384424429432433434435436439444484534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I wonder if Gil had something in GoB that would help for that
    Or Dumas coming up with a grail mud filter noble phantasm or something

JP Friend Code
    Alkeides can only die after he goes GoW3 Kratos on Ishtar first

Pale Rider will nobly consume all of the "disease" from Alkeides, sacrificing itself by ODing on edge.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only way I will accept purified Alc is if he immediately goes and strangles Bazdilot and then dies from noMaster-itis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That's essentially the end I'd support as well. That, and I must insist, congratulating his killer while having a gaping hole in his torso. Also, I'd say his final BC attack doesn't necessarily have to be against Buzzcola. Any dirtbag would work. Maybe Francesca because then she'd just switch to a new body and quip about how strong he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Alcides fully absorbs Pale Rider and dies from the flu, cue Narita’s narration rant about the importance of vaccination.
    Godhand is vaccinations, gods are medical care and Alcides is an anti-vaxxer.

Where was the announcement made?

I hope Alceides goes down soon (or at least loses his ability to speak) and while I don't particulary care how he dies, I prefer a grand fight without redemption or him congratulating his killers. He lived as an edgelord, he can die like one while shouting "how can this be" when he is obliterated. However, given the direction the plot seems to be going, I think he is probably going to fuse with Pale Rider and be the endboss along with Ishtar.
    Last edited by RCM9698; December 14th, 2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    Where was the announcement made?

I hope Alceides goes down soon (or at least loses his ability to speak) and while I don't particulary care how he dies, I prefer a grand fight without redemption or him congratulating his killers. He lived as an edgelord, he can die like one while shouting "how can this be" when he is obliterated. However, given the direction the plot seems to be going, I think he is probably going to fuse with Pale Rider and be the endboss along with Ishtar.
    Except he was literally forced to be an edgelord, so he didn't really start out as one. By that logic, it should be started out as a hero, die as one.

Also, I hope to god he isn't anything beyond a super challenging midboss or pre-climax boss.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Alceides isn't Heracles though, just his corrupted mortal half. Who has been nothing but an edgelord since he showed up. I don't consider them to be the same character any more than Alters usually are. Shame though, I actually like his concept, but hate the execution.

I couldn't agree more, I want him gone as soon as possible. I find Ishtar/TBerserker/Francesca... far more interesting antagonists, but if they don't kill Alceides off soon I'm afraid he's here to stay until the end.

And that's where we differ. I view him as a forcibly twisted version of Heracles with glimmers of the original peaking through, no matter how much he denies it, and yes he's like the Alters, but as I've repeated numerous times, I find him more similar thematically to characters like Tarkus and Bruford and the Upper Moons, most of whom were kind, decent people twisted by monsters to become hateful perversions of themselves for said monsters' benefits. In addition, most of them eventually snapped out of it upon death, and either lamented how they had fallen this low or passed on their hopes and dreams to their killers. Long story short, I just feel Alkeides should be best approached that way, and he seems to be positioned against John and maybe Hippolyta for such an arc.

P.S. I may be writing/germinating a JJBA x FSF x FSN crossover fic in which I have long pitted Alkeides against Jonathan Joestar in such a conflict, kind of as a callback/rehash of Jonathan vs Tarkus and Bruford.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    we should separate Herk and Alk because Narita and other writers aware and want Kinoko to write original/sane Herk.

I read in reddit that someone is translating the fifth volume, but in the translation section I can't find anything (while I see link in the first post). Are updates posted here? Are there other fate translations posted here instead of being posted in the translation section?

othersideofsky posts his translations here, yes. I think someone might have compiled them so far but if not, you'll just have to go back dozens of pages for them.

I think the last part of the prologue OtherSideoftheSky translated is only a couple of pages back. Besides, if his own word is good, we should be getting the rest of the novel translated over the holidays.

Is someone translating Requiem as well?

US Friend Code
    Someone said they were back in like February but then they disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmato View Post
    I could honestly see pestilence departing from the story next, their story arc can pretty much be ended at any time, and their threat level has been escalating more and more to the point that it has become impossible to ignore. Defeating pestilence would also allow for Narita to bring further characters into the mix, due to the plague barrier being removed. That being said, I doubt tsubaki will die, Narita isn't the type of writer who would do that. I expect that Sigma's final trial could be defeating pale rider, leading to a big clustertruck brawl between him, pale rider, zealot and jester, as all the pieces have been set up to go down this route.
    *Shows up only to point >Pestilence

Pale Rider is Death, and "pestilence" is one of his powers

The 4 horsemen are Conquest, War, Famine and Death

JP Friend Code
    It's kind of confusing in that Pestilence is also the White Horse but False Rider has characteristics of both Death & Pestilence.

We don't have anything formally revealed about it, so there could be surprises.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; December 16th, 2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlo View Post
    *Shows up only to point >Pestilence

Pale Rider is Death, and "pestilence" is one of his powers

The 4 horsemen are Conquest, War, Famine and Death
    Even among theologists this is a matter of debate and a divisive topic, it's definitely not as matter-of-fact as you put it. The white horse is very often, especially in popculture (of which this LN is a part and is greatly inspired by), depicted as pestilence, not conquest, and entirely separate from Death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Even among theologists this is a matter of debate and a divisive topic, it's definitely not as matter-of-fact as you put it. The white horse is very often, especially in popculture (of which this LN is a part and is greatly inspired by), depicted as pestilence, not conquest, and entirely separate from Death.
    I still think Pestilence is more fitting for SF's Pale Rider because disease is something that can actually be said to "ride" on people/animals to spread itself. Death doesn't really carry the same meaning.