Page 254 of 680 FirstFirst ... 154204244249252253254255256259264304354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    I have no idea. Is there even someone in charge? or is it again thanks to the weird moon language?

I know I could read the raws since I know the plot because of the LN but, I'm a patient person.

Here is the afterword for book 3. I'll get to the ones from book 1 soon, but I can't promise exactly when.

FSF3 Afterword

Afterword (Contains major spoilers for the main story; reading after finishing the book is recommended)

You don't need a blade to bring down a hero; it just takes three Command Seals, a lot of sacrifices and mud, and advanced magecraft to keep from going insane... That's actually a much bigger hassle than getting a blade ready. Anyway, that's pretty much True Archer's true identity!
    After a conversation that went something like:
    Me: "Still, even if he has become _______, I doubt _____ would ever shoot a little kid like Tine. Even in Fuyuki, when he was ___, he came to his senses when he saw _____."
    Nasu: "You shouldn't underestimate revenge, especially revenge on the gods. It's true that aiming his bow at a child is an absolute taboo for him, Ryōgo, but he wouldn't have a hope of getting back at the gods if he wasn't prepared to break that taboo."
    I made up my mind to go ahead with it.
    By the way, I do have a answer to the problem of how he tailored that "hide" that human works don't penetrate. It has so little to do with the main plot of Fake, however, that I don't know if I'll get a chance to explain it. I'll have to hope Fake does well enough to justify a materials book where I can put that kind of behind-the-scenes detail...
    With that out of the way: Narita here! It's been a long time.
    The Fate smartphone game recently depicted a new aspect of Gil (Toyotomi Gilyoshi). I'm in the middle of worrying whether or not what I do in Fake should reflect that.
    Yes, Fate/Grand Order. FGO.
    The FGO scriptwriters told me, "Spoilers kill half the fun, so we're going to keep all the little things secret." As a result, I got to enjoy FGO's fifth chapter, which is set in the United States, completely fresh, but that policy can also lead to tragedy.
    *The following is condensed from exchanges that took place over a long period of time.*
    Me, before writing Fake: "What? Is it really okay if I write about the _____ in the fifth ______ in Fake!?"
    Nasu A: "Yes... Use it wisely."
    Nasu B: "You can also use (material about Dumas' novels)!"
    ME: "..."
    Nasu C: "Don't hold back. Write as much as you want."
    Me, while writing: "Hmm, yes... (This is juicy material... I'm sure no one's used it yet)..."
    Nasu, wearing a gas mask: "Now announcing the Chateau d'If event and FGO chapter five!"
    Me, in March: "Gwaarrgh (It overlaps with a bunch of plot elements in Fake)! (Dies in agony.)"
    Nasu: "Who would have thought he'd actually die..."
    I don't know how many people will actually know about the elements that this conversation was based on. That aside, Sanda-san, who watched the tragedy unfold from the sidelines, said that he had a "bad feeling" and asked to be shown scripts for events in advance if the characters in them overlapped with his work. Two weeks later, he screamed, "They overlap!" and I was forced to watch him rework the entire second half of the Case Files plot. But that's another story.
    Anyway, you might think that I'm being too sensitive about redundant plot elements, and I probably am, but it's a fact that the story of FGO is just too interesting. I want to add more excitement to Fake so that it doesn't lose out.
    Speaking of Sanda-san, I've also been having him supervise my depiction of magecraft and related subjects.
    Sanda: "Gil's line here, about 'a desperate measure on the part of the Throne to curb the world's contradictions,' is about as unreasonable as saying, 'A desperate measure on the part of the Earth to prevent humans from flying into space — gravity!'"
    Me: "But doesn't that sound like something he'd say? About the Earth?"
    Sanda: "...It does!"
    And so, working through sometimes fun, sometimes strict editorial oversight, we managed to put together a collection of rule violations that we could only get away with in a "fake" Holy Grail War that works differently from the one in Fuyuki. I hope that you enjoy it with an open mind as one of the "Holy Grail Wars held in distant, different worlds" that Da Vinci mentions in FGO! Francesca tinkered with the Holy Grail System a lot when she brought it to America, so, while there are things in Fake that would be categorically impossible with the Fuyuki Grail, I would appreciate it if you would bear in mind that this is not the Fuyuki Grail War.
    Now, our full cast is finally in place. In book four, I'm going to write about Flat and the "white woman's" pasts. I'm also finally going to add magical battles between Masters, so I have feeling there will be ingredients for a lot of fighting. I'd like to show as many flowers blooming and scattering as I possibly can, so please look forward to the next book. Try to guess True Berserker and Watcher's true identities while you wait!
    Book four will probably be published this winter, but I suspect that the final date will be determined by a combination of TYPE-MOON's various machinations and the schedule of Morii-san, who's drawing the manga version of Fake.
    Every aspect of Morii-san's manga, from the magnificent battle scenes to the lively expressions on the characters' faces is genuinely great. Please pick it up if you have the chance!
    My editor, Anan-san, who I gave a lot of trouble with deadlines; my Dura editor, Wada-san, who adjusted the schedule for Durarara!! — which I was working on at the same time — and everyone in the editorial department; all the concerned parties who I am indebted to through their Fate spinoffs, beginning with Sanda Makoto-san, Higashide Yūichirō-san, Sakurai Hikaru-san, Mashin Eiichirō-san, and Sanda Makoto-san; Team Barrel Roll, who did part of the Servant background research for me; Morii Shizuki-san, who has produced wonderful illustrations along with a number of character designs; Takeuchi Takashi-san and Urobuchi Gen-san, who honored me with their comments on the wrappers of books two and three — especially Urobuchi-san, for giving me permission to use "her" "son" — and, most importantly, Nasu Kinoko-san, who created Fate and provided me with editorial oversight; everyone at TYPE-MOON... as well as all the readers who picked up this book and made it this far:
    Thank you very much!

April 2016, while believing it a secret that Watcher was originally Shielder.
    Narita Ryōgo

I'll put together an ebook and post a link to it later this evening.

I'd like to update the doc with this and the title page, but I can figure out how to update it from a Word file without losing all the formatting. If someone knows, please tell me.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Here is the afterword for book 3. I'll get to the ones from book 1 soon, but I can't promise exactly when.

FSF3 Afterword

Afterword (Contains major spoilers for the main story; reading after finishing the book is recommended)

You don't need a blade to bring down a hero; it just takes three Command Seals, a lot of sacrifices and mud, and advanced magecraft to keep from going insane... That's actually a much bigger hassle than getting a blade ready. Anyway, that's pretty much True Archer's true identity!
    Me: "Still, even if he has become _______, I doubt _____ would ever shoot a little kid like Tine. Even in Fuyuki, when he was ___, he came to his senses when he saw _____."
    Nasu: "You shouldn't underestimate revenge, especially revenge on the gods. It's true that aiming his bow at a child is an absolute taboo for him, Ryōgo, but he wouldn't have a hope of getting back at the gods if he wasn't prepared to break that taboo."
    By the way, I do have a answer to the problem of how he tailored that "hide" that human works don't penetrate. It has so little to do with the main plot of Fake, however, that I don't know if I'll get a chance to explain it. I'll have to hope Fake does well enough to justify a materials book where I can put that kind of behind-the-scenes detail...
    The Fate smartphone game recently depicted a new aspect of Gil (Toyotomi Gilyoshi). I'm in the middle of worrying whether or not what I do in Fake should reflect that.
    The FGO scriptwriters told me, "Spoilers kill half the fun, so we're going to keep all the little things secret." As a result, I got to enjoy FGO's fifth chapter, which is set in the United States, completely fresh, but that policy can also lead to tragedy.
    *The following is condensed from exchanges that took place over a long period of time.*
    Me, before writing Fake: "What? Is it really okay if I write about the _____ in the fifth ______ in Fake!?"
    Me, while writing: "Hmm, yes... (This is juicy material... I'm sure no one's used it yet)..."
    Nasu, wearing a gas mask: "Now announcing the Chateau d'If event and FGO chapter five!"
    Me, in March: "Gwaarrgh (It overlaps with a bunch of plot elements in Fake)! (Dies in agony.)"
    I don't know how many people will actually know about the elements that this conversation was based on. That aside, Sanda-san, who watched the tragedy unfold from the sidelines, said that he had a "bad feeling" and asked to be shown scripts for events in advance if the characters in them overlapped with his work. Two weeks later, he screamed, "They overlap!" and I was forced to watch him rework the entire second half of the Case Files plot. But that's another story.
    Anyway, you might think that I'm being too sensitive about redundant plot elements, and I probably am, but it's a fact that the story of FGO is just too interesting. I want to add more excitement to Fake so that it doesn't lose out.
    Speaking of Sanda-san, I've also been having him supervise my depiction of magecraft and related subjects.
    Sanda: "Gil's line here, about 'a desperate measure on the part of the Throne to curb the world's contradictions,' is about as unreasonable as saying, 'A desperate measure on the part of the Earth to prevent humans from flying into space — gravity!'"
    And so, working through sometimes fun, sometimes strict editorial oversight, we managed to put together a collection of rule violations that we could only get away with in a "fake" Holy Grail War that works differently from the one in Fuyuki. I hope that you enjoy it with an open mind as one of the "Holy Grail Wars held in distant, different worlds" that Da Vinci mentions in FGO! Francesca tinkered with the Holy Grail System a lot when she brought it to America, so, while there are things in Fake that would be categorically impossible with the Fuyuki Grail, I would appreciate it if you would bear in mind that this is not the Fuyuki Grail War.
    Now, our full cast is finally in place. In book four, I'm going to write about Flat and the "white woman's" pasts. I'm also finally going to add magical battles between Masters, so I have feeling there will be ingredients for a lot of fighting. I'd like to show as many flowers blooming and scattering as I possibly can, so please look forward to the next book. Try to guess True Berserker and Watcher's true identities while you wait!
    Book four will probably be published this winter, but I suspect that the final date will be determined by a combination of TYPE-MOON's various machinations and the schedule of Morii-san, who's drawing the manga version of Fake.
    Every aspect of Morii-san's manga, from the magnificent battle scenes to the lively expressions on the characters' faces is genuinely great. Please pick it up if you have the chance!
    My editor, Anan-san, who I gave a lot of trouble with deadlines; my Dura editor, Wada-san, who adjusted the schedule for Durarara!! — which I was working on at the same time — and everyone in the editorial department; all the concerned parties who I am indebted to through their Fate spinoffs, beginning with Sanda Makoto-san, Higashide Yūichirō-san, Sakurai Hikaru-san, Mashin Eiichirō-san, and Sanda Makoto-san; Team Barrel Roll, who did part of the Servant background research for me; Morii Shizuki-san, who has produced wonderful illustrations along with a number of character designs; Takeuchi Takashi-san and Urobuchi Gen-san, who honored me with their comments on the wrappers of books two and three — especially Urobuchi-san, for giving me permission to use "her" "son" — and, most importantly, Nasu Kinoko-san, who created Fate and provided me with editorial oversight; everyone at TYPE-MOON... as well as all the readers who picked up this book and made it this far:
    Thank you very much!

Narita Ryōgo

I'd like to update the doc with this and the title page, but I can figure out how to update it from a Word file without losing all the formatting. If someone knows, please tell me.
    Say uh

Would it be fine if asked for the word file for vol2 and 3?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

FSF3 Afterword

Thank you very much!

Narita Ryōgo

It is legitimately hilarious to see Nasu trip up the other writers. Thanks, OtherSideofSky.

マリーの味方
    Thanks again dude

I wonder what he originally had planned, and what he still plans to use

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who are Team Barrel Roll?

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

I put together the ebooks for book 3. They include all images and a linked TOC, so they should be ideal for anyone using an ereader, or any screen small enough to benefit significantly from reflowable text.

EPUB:
    ****************************file/jof8n5...ita_Ryogo.epub

AZ3W:
    ****************************file/atw9ud...ita_Ryogo.azw3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Say uh

Would it be fine if asked for the word file for vol2 and 3?
    I wouldn't mind. How would you want me to send them to you?

Blog Entries
    I put together the ebooks for book 3. They include all images and a linked TOC, so they should be ideal for anyone using an ereader, or any screen small enough to benefit significantly from reflowable text.

EPUB:
    ****************************file/jof8n5...ita_Ryogo.epub

AZ3W:
    ****************************file/atw9ud...ita_Ryogo.azw3

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't mind. How would you want me to send them to you?
    However is comfortable with you. Uploading it to media or mega, maybe?

JP Friend Code
    505746539 (new acc)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Who are Team Barrel Roll?
    Ukyo Kodachi is the representative of the team.

Something
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I see how it is Nasu, changing waifus like underwear, right?

There is no forgiveness for you. Time to reclaim your honour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto is living a hard life
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    2017 is the year i watch shinji die in 2 different animes
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    Spoiler:
    Don't forget Prillya 3rei Herz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Writing porn also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbertoZero View Post
    I have no idea. Is there even someone in charge? or is it again thanks to the weird moon language?

I know I could read the raws since I know the plot because of the LN but, I'm a patient person.
    Are you going to release a Volume 3 PDF? Yourlayout is nice and easy to read f

JP Friend Code
    That aside, Sanda-san, who watched the tragedy unfold from the sidelines, said that he had a "bad feeling" and asked to be shown scripts for events in advance if the characters in them overlapped with his work. Two weeks later, he screamed, "They overlap!" and I was forced to watch him rework the entire second half of the Case Files plot. But that's another story.

Lol Watching them redo a large chunk of the story. I hate to be the authors.

Chains and Nails will forever haunt me.

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    PDF version updated to the lastest version!
    All images, typesetting, and stat pages translated.

Thanks again for the translation OtherSideofSky!

BTW, Narita seems to like FGO's plot...
    I don't quite like it. I mean, it's not terrible but it's not my favorite either. But if it makes Narita feel challenged and inspired him to add even more excitement to Fake, fine by me! =D

マリーの味方
    well, he can actually read it, for one

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    By the way, I said I would so here they are, the translated stat pages.
    Avenger/True Archer/Edgy towel guy

True Rider/Saber Hair

If I ever get my hands in higher quality images I'll update the PDFs

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff...
    おつかれさまでした

Really appreciate the hard work there.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

I was wondering, wouldn't be better translate "Valor" as "Bravery"?, I mean by description it sounds exactly as skill from Extra officially(?) translated that way.

Sorry If asking stupid question. Oh and Hippolite is really cute.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    By the way, I said I would so here they are, the translated stat pages.
    Avenger/True Archer/Edgy towel guy

True Rider/Saber Hair

If I ever get my hands in higher quality images I'll update the PDFs
    It's humorous to remember that at 6'8" and 311lb, Alkeides is still dwarfed by his Berserker self...
    Last edited by quigonkenny; January 10th, 2017 at 09:25 AM.

What's more humorous was Hippolyte was supposed to have sex with Herc in his all glory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
    I was wondering, wouldn't be better translate "Valor" as "Bravery"?, I mean by description it sounds exactly as skill from Extra officially(?) translated that way.

Sorry If asking stupid question. Oh and Hippolite is really cute.
    The same skill has been translated elsewhere as both "bravery" and "fortitude." I feel that "valor" captures the nuance of the Japanese better. I am also not overly fond of some of the ways Extra translated terminology.