Page 407 of 680 FirstFirst ... 307357397402405406407408409412417457507 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 13592

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Was he already a made man prior to founding the Scladio family, or was he in ordinary Joe with no connection to the mafia?
    His bloodline had distant ties to the Sicilian Mafia, so maybe he was always borderline?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Turns out the Scladio family helps magi persecuted by the clocktower and eastern magecraft organizations. I think this is the second time they're mentioned?
    Somewhat:
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 3 Prologue VIII
    He had patronized a large number of mages over a wide area, both in and outside of the country's borders. Mages who had lost turf wars with other families; mages who had gone bankrupt, their fortunes unable to keep up with their quests for new heights of magecraft; mages who had been driven out of their original lands as heretics; mages who had been loudly expelled from public society as criminals, and were considered nuisances and burdens in magical society; even some mages who had knocked on his door of their own accord — he had become a patron to all mages in a wide variety of circumstances, and supported their activities, not only with direct donations of money, but also by furnishing them with land, and using his public power to remove the mages who had previously occupied it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    No, it wasn't an accident. Founding the Scladio Family was very intentional. The bigger question is how did he went from "Guess I can't be a mage like my wife" to "I'll instead be a mafioso with mages". It's definitely not the first idea most people would have.
    He's a manchild at heart who wanted to just use magecraft <magic>.
    Everything he's done is for that simple, pure goal.
    He's basically a Shinji.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So Grail Mud gives poison resist and allows him to heal through sheer willpower? Or is it BC combined with the Mud that let that happen?
    They explain it a bit more after almost everyone gets sent to the Tsubaki's dream.
    The grail mud has taken in the poison. It seems the healing was due to the Prometheus's immortality which gives him an extra life.
    However, the poison is still there. Currently, the mud is winning over the poison and it's won't affect his body, he feels the same pain Chiron felt. At the current rate, he only has 3 or 4 days of sanity left.
    "Luckily," being an avenger means the continued PAIN and ANGER further increases his power.
    It would seem the stuff that gets stolen by Pandora Reincarnation mixes with the mud? Seems like at least partly an application of the Grail Mud.
    Also even if he is Alcides, Nine Lives has an intensely divine aura around it when used. And when he's an Archer/Avenger it takes the image of a viper or evil dragon.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    lvl 1 crook Shinji
    lvl 35 villain Bazdilot
    lvl 100 boss Galvarosso

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    No, it wasn't an accident. Founding the Scladio Family was very intentional. The bigger question is how did he went from "Guess I can't be a mage like my wife" to "I'll instead be a mafioso with mages". It's definitely not the first idea most people would have.
    That's How Mafia Works

Glad to get this out of my system.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

You have to admire the dedication of the man for being a good husband.

Also:

"Luckily," being an avenger means the continued PAIN and ANGER further increases his power.
    Also even if he is Alcides, Nine Lives has an intensely divine aura around it when used. And when he's an Archer/Avenger it takes the image of a viper or evil dragon.
    OH-THE-EDGE

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    You mean OW-THE-EDGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    so, if I read it right, hydra poison not only kills Alcides, it also makes him STRONGER and EDGIER because he is an Avenger and some other factors?

Avengers get stronger by feeling hate and being hated. That was even shown in the Prison Tower event.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Avengers get stronger by feeling hate and being hated. That was even shown in the Prison Tower event.
    Wait, does this mean all the Alkeides hate has actually contributed to him becoming stronger and edgier and taking over the storyline???
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    so, if I read it right, hydra poison not only kills Alcides, it also makes him STRONGER and EDGIER because he is an Avenger and some other factors?
    Avenger: A
    It is one’s state of being as an avenger that gathers people’s hatred and resentment onto oneself, a way of being that became a Skill.

Although it is easy for the hostility from his surroundings to be directed towards him, negative emotions directed towards Avenger will automatically be converted into his power.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Guys...
    You realize...
    That by hating Alcides...
    We, the readers...
    Are making him stronger...
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    How many of his NPs have we seen now?

Nine Lives, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEincarnation Pandora, and then King's Order:
    - Nemean Lion pelt
    - Birb arrows
    - Doge
    - 1-Up
    - War Sash

Anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Guys...
    You realize...
    That by hating Alcides...
    We, the readers...
    Are making him stronger...
    The real edgelord was inside us all along.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    How many of his NPs have we seen now?

Nine Lives, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEincarnation Pandora, and then King's Order:
    - Nemean Lion pelt
    - Birb arrows
    - Doge
    - 1-Up
    - War Sash

Anything else?
    I think he also used the Mares of Diomedes in this volume

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Should have realized that sooner, especially those that hates him

夜魔 Nightmare
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Illustrations:https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rejector...26287617845354

So the mistake with the profile last volume was Grand Illusion not From Hell.
    From Hell: Anti-Unit, Range: 1-20, Max targets: -
    Grand Illusion: Anti-Unit,1-10,Max targets: 10 -> Anti-Army,1-80, Max targets: -

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    FSF 5 Preview, part 1
    Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Bridge: Rondo of the Outsiders
    table of contents
    Thanks for the translation.
    Typos(?):
    Beginning:
    met you uncle
    make it famous to in memory of our

Bridge:
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    > is causing chaos in share prices on the New York Stock Exchange
    "in the New York Stock Exchange," not "on"
    with every fiber of their beings for over an
    hard begun
    expected of a maze in amid the
    man with flowing beard

Can you translate the afterword next? I want to know what he says about his health and current plans.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP View Post
    Illustrations:https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rejector...26287617845354

So the mistake with the profile last volume was Grand Illusion not From Hell.
    From Hell: Anti-Unit, Range: 1-20, Max targets: -
    Grand Illusion: Anti-Unit,1-10,Max targets: 10 -> Anti-Army,1-80, Max targets: -

Thanks for the translation.
    Typos(?):
    Beginning:
    met you uncle
    make it famous to in memory of our

Bridge:

with every fiber of their beings for over an
    hard begun
    expected of a maze in amid the
    man with flowing beard

Can you translate the afterword next? I want to know what he says about his health and current plans.
    >Jester being ripped apart and smiling happily.

Dude...

Also Faldeus, where the heck are you even standing...Pale rider approached Sigma and Fake Assassin, interesting...

Overall I wish there were more illustrations but I'm really happy with the ones that are here, looking forward to the translations

Quote Originally Posted by Tmato View Post
    That Faldeus illustration, have we had any puppeteers active in the story? The only thing I can thing of is Touko Aozaki, she was only briefly mentioned once before, but she is a character known to make consistent appearances in all of type-moon. Is Faldeus attempting to negotiate with her for some reason? Touko killed Prelati once before...
    Did people already forgot that Faldeus is a puppeteer from a family of puppeteers? That's his workshop.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Did people already forgot that Faldeus is a puppeteer from a family of puppeteers? That's his workshop.

You're darn right I forgot.

Hey. Sorry I've been getting through this so slowly. Here's the first 1,400 or so words of chapter 14. We are now officially beyond what the preview on the Dengeki Bunko site covers and up to page 50 of the print volume.

FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions 1, part 1

Chapter 14
    Gold and Lions I

Several Hours Earlier
    Main Street, near Snowfield Central Hospital

The sight was like a fantasy.
    Not, however, in the sense of a delightful paradise. It was fantastical in the sense of a battle between gods or a vision of Hell.

Berserker, Jack the Ripper, had transformed into more than two hundred demons.
    Their overwhelming domination, which had slaughtered the three-headed demon dog that had belonged to the "true" Archer, who called himself Alkeides, and had seemed poised to overwhelm the Heroic Spirit as well... when that power to become a demon—the Spirit Origin called a Noble Phantasm—had been completely stolen by Alkeides' Noble Phantasm "Reincarnation Pandora: Usurper of Heavenly Winds."
    A Noble Phantasm that stole Noble Phantasms.
    Its power defied reason. With it, Alkeides had acquired grotesque strength.
    He kicked Jack aside and raised his weapon to slaughter the police officers who stood in his way.
    But just then, the other Archer—the first of all heroes, clad in golden armor—appeared.
    The further arrival of Saber, his red-streaked blond hair fluttering, and his party sent the situation spiraling into even greater confusion.

"Well, this is a surprise. Can these 'Servants' even be fiends of the pit?" Saber—Richard I, "the Lionheart"—asked the dark-haired young man behind him. The situation was obviously abnormal and filled with countless sudden deaths if he took even one false step, but Saber was unfazed, as if to say that this was where he belonged.
    The dark-haired young man—Sigma, the self-proclaimed Master of "Lancer Chaplin"—who was oblivious to the prevailing mood in a different sense from Saber, replied matter-of-factly.
    "I've been told that Anti-Heroes may have appeared in the Fuyuki Holy Grail War as well. According to my employer, beings like that are sometimes summoned when the conditions are right."
    "I see. Well, it is capable of summoning fairies, after all. If a banshee or something had turned up, I'd have liked to take a look at it for old times' sake, but it appears this isn't an opponent I can afford to sit back and watch."
    Saber surveyed the Heroic Spirit who had taken on a demonic appearance, and then glanced upward.
    "The same goes for the gaudy one up there."
    Above them stood a man clad in golden armor who exuded a powerful aura.

"Know your place, mongrel," the Heroic Spirit looking down from atop the church's belfry addressed Saber with an air of displeasure. "Who granted you permission to look up at me?"

Arrogance.
    If one were to put a word to his manner of speech, that would be the natural choice.
    Saber, however, immediately realized that it was not hubris. He was able to understanding that the man was saying that he was nevertheless worthy of being granted permission.
    The golden Heroic Spirit stood above him.
    The demonic bowman standing stood in front of him.
    That flashy fellow is an archer too?
    I see. Two archers certainly does mean that this Grail War isn't normal.
    It appeared that, just as the Lancer he had met in the forest had warned him, this Holy Grail War was far from ordinary.
    In spite of which, the knowledge he had received from the Grail pertained to a "proper" Holy Grail War. That probably meant something.
    But Richard didn't have time to consider difficult questions at the moment.
    The golden Heroic Spirit probably far outclassed him. The strength of his Spirit Origin rivaled that of the beautiful Lancer Richard had met in the forest. He could tell at a glance that he had no chance of winning if they fought head-on.
    And then there was the grotesque bowman with demon's horns sprouting from his head, with whom he had conversed earlier. He could tell that this Heroic Spirit was likewise so powerful that he had no hope.
    Richard's Spirit Origin tensed and insistently warned him of danger. The alarm came from the fragments who were not quite Heroic Spirits and who accompanied Richard due to his Noble Phantasm.
    "Do you want to die for nothing? Retreat before it's too late," Locksley the assassin, Pierre the bowman, and the other fragments of Spirit Origins continued to cool-headedly sound the alarm.
    He could also sense the Spirit Origins of an indifferent-seeming swordsman and a mage who merely smiled faintly, but Saber himself was focused on the overwhelmingly mighty opponents standing before him, his eyes shining.
    "My heart gave me permission. I doubt I could ever look down on you, but I take you for a storied Heroic Spirit worth looking up at. A king, judging by your manner. It's not every day I meet someone who merits respect just by standing there. I know my place, and so I give thanks that I was able to be here today."
    "Mongrel. Do you intend to appraise me with such eyes? I have no need of thanks—I have not permitted you anything."
    The golden-armored Heroic Spirit spoke dispassionately, without changing his expression.
    "Be gone at once."
    At that, the space behind the Heroic Spirit distorted and countless weapons emerged from holes in the air. When they moved, it was with the intent to kill Saber, who opened his eyes wide in astonishment.
    Like arrows loosed from drawn bows, numerous weapons shrouded in magical energy on par with Noble Phantasms fired at the spot where Saber stood.
    Sigma must have sensed the danger in advance, because he had already retreated to an alleyway by the church.
    Saber, left to stand alone, hesitated for a moment, but then spoke as if he had made sense of the situation.
    "When you said, 'be gone,' you meant from this world!"
    He drew his own sword with a cheerful grin.
    "Ha ha! What droll fellow!"
    It was a dull-bladed ornamental sword that had adorned the walls of the mansion in the wetlands that Sigma had made his base of operations. But as far as Saber was concerned, having a grip was enough to make it a fine weapon.
    The sword flashed for an instant and began swatting the weapons launched from behind the golden Heroic Spirit out of the air.
    Even so, it was only able to strike down a few of them—a drop in the bucket compared to the dozens of Noble Phantasm raining down.
    The golden Heroic Spirit was apparently convinced that that would suffice and had already turned his attention back to the monstrous Archer. That demonic-looking Archer, however, turned to look at Richard. His expression was indiscernible behind the strange cloth that covered his face.
    Richard's instincts as a Heroic Spirit immediately alerted him that he was being evaluated for some unclear purpose, but he had no time to consider the point. In less than a second, the countless weapons were nearly upon him.
    Richard leapt, swinging his sword once again, and danced into the tiny gap left by the several weapons he had knocked aside. He had dodged the onslaught by a hair's breadth, but the weapons struck the ground around him, smashing the asphalt. The torn-up earth became a new threat to Richard, pouring down on the spot where he stood.
    Richard, however, was no longer there.

"I see, I see! So, blades as fine as these cause disasters just by sticking in the ground!" Richard called out, moving with incredible swiftness and seizing one of the Noble Phantasms lodged in the ground—a weapon in the shape of a long sword. "What magnificent workmanship! Just holding it makes me feel as if I had an army at my back! I don't just mean the quantity of magical energy it contains; I mean this craftsmanship, this construction, this composition! It's plain to see that even its least decoration is both simple and complete! If each of these arms is the work of the planet, they form both the headwaters and the fertile plains! Hey! Listen! This is marvelous! Are all these other weapons as fine?! And you toss them down like they were nothing! Where are you maharaja of? Oh, I tell you frankly and with respect: You are magnificent and I envy you!"
    Despite having just evaded an attack that, had it struck him, would certainly have proved fatal, Richard's eyes sparkled like a child's. His sudden outburst drew bewildered stares from the police officers, who were doing their best to keep their distance and regroup.
    The next words out of Richard's mouth would have seemed like nothing short of suicide to anyone who knew the golden Heroic Spirit.

"Say! Since you have so many... would you mind giving me a few?"

Thank you to everyone who's posted corrections. I've made edits to my master Word document and will go back and add them to my posts here when I have a little more time.