Page 457 of 680 FirstFirst ... 357407447452455456457458459462467507557 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 13592

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    He refers to one of them as "the Caster on my team", so you're very likely to be right. Speaking of Rounds of Leonheart, we also see a man with a horse and a lance.
    Hmm...a Caster eh? It's probably something obvious but I'm drawing a blank on who that could be.

The man with a horse & lance on the other hand can only be one person - the knight captain and undefeated jousting champion himself, William Marshal.

Inb4 they kill Doris off off-screen

It'll be like Kuzuki in Fate route. We'll have to wait until the F/sF fandisk in 2030 to find out what happened to her.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Doris is actually Amari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Hmm...a Caster eh? It's probably something obvious but I'm drawing a blank on who that could be.
    I mean, it might be St Germain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I mean, it might be St Germain
    That would be lame if true.

I'd much rather have someone from the Angevin Empire even if why they're a Caster is a huge stretch.

Blog Entries
    T'would be hilarious if it was Eleanor.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to do it yesterday because was got distracted with clarifying the old stuff, but I really want to talk about the Harli's teacher's flashback because I believe that was /strange Fake's characteristic brand of bullshit taken to most extreme level so far.

Spoiler:
    Harli's parents were regular mages who inherited her grandfather's research results after he discarded his humanity. Mages wanted to steal said researched result, so the Borzaks were treated as herectics for no good reason and had everything taken away from them, except Harli's life. Since then, Harli has been raised by her teacher this entire time.

A few years before the main plot, she talked about Francesca's Holy Grail War project to her teacher. The teacher don't seriously try to stop her from taking the invitation, but very strongly advises her against, giving words of warning like (note: this is all paraphrased, partly from memory, not real translations)

-"No action is without consequence. If you destroy the Mage's Association, you would be making every mage out there your enemy."

-"I saw a Heroic Spirit once just a couple months ago when I was in a Rail Zeppelin auction, and those are some truly scary familiars. Definitely not recommendable as a plaything for your grudges."

-"You had the chance to escape with life and Magic Crest, so it would be very thoughtless of you to waste it by becoming that demonic Francesca's pawn. That Lord El-Melloi II I saw in the Rail Zeppelin holds a classroom that accepts people contrary to the magecraft world like you, so I think that would be a good place for you to move past your trauma."

But despite the whole conversation, Harli insists she's already past the breaking point and takes Francesca's offer anyway.

The teacher is described as an 80+ sly granny with the appearance of a classy little girl with an elegant dress and a crow mounted on her shoulder. If you checked the Rail Zeppelin background characters, it checks out.

The Rail Zeppelin anime is very consistent with its background characters, actually. You can see Harli's teacher a couple more times.

US Friend Code
    Naritaaaaaaa

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wow, he's really committed. I'm impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

can't wait for elephant man to show up in sf
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I don't have any intent of making it make sense.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Best case scenario he’s Doris’ father and Doris has a matching horse head.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Sound like the DA bee guy in F/Z is gramps. Nice to know what the relation is.

Doris is going to be like the distant relative of the random family that had their death reported on the news in FSN, or something like the vengeful childhood friend of Shirley isn’t she
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Sorry it's been a couple weeks since the last bit I posted. I've cleared out a lot of my paid work for the moment, so I'm going to try to get through FSF 5 and start on 6 as fast as possible.
    Here's about 3,000 more words (plus a re-post of the last bit of the previous bit I posted so that the section is all together), which brings us up to page 168. Next update, which I hope to post within the week, should finish the chapter, which runs up to page 190.
    Thanks for the translation as always!

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Sound like the DA bee guy in F/Z is gramps. Nice to know what the relation is.

Doris is going to be like the distant relative of the random family that had their death reported on the news in FSN, or something like the vengeful childhood friend of Shirley isn’t she
    We got Sigma for that, still waiting for Extra timeline to check in though

JP Friend Code
    Narita.....now just bring back happy flat pls im still so messed up about this and we haven't even gotten otherside's translations of it yet

I hope Flat stays dead. His death was fine, there are characters enough running around and the cast could use a bit of trimming. Personally I didn’t like Flat that much, he felt like a side character that was taking up way to much time. He’s fine in small doses, but a bit to gimmicky and one-note as a character for me. Now the pages can be better spent on more interesting characters and Jack’s development without Flat. I hope that whatever is inside him is finished soon too, there are enough wildcards running around as it is. But with Narita who knows. There obviously are quite a few people who love him, so if he returns good for them.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Forgot to do it yesterday because was got distracted with clarifying the old stuff, but I really want to talk about the Harli's teacher's flashback because I believe that was /strange Fake's characteristic brand of bullshit taken to most extreme level so far.

Spoiler:
    Harli's parents were regular mages who inherited her grandfather's research results after he discarded his humanity. Mages wanted to steal said researched result, so the Borzaks were treated as herectics for no good reason and had everything taken away from them, except Harli's life. Since then, Harli has been raised by her teacher this entire time.

A few years before the main plot, she talked about Francesca's Holy Grail War project to her teacher. The teacher don't seriously try to stop her from taking the invitation, but very strongly advises her against, giving words of warning like (note: this is all paraphrased, partly from memory, not real translations)

-"No action is without consequence. If you destroy the Mage's Association, you would be making every mage out there your enemy."

-"I saw a Heroic Spirit once just a couple months ago when I was in a Rail Zeppelin auction, and those are some truly scary familiars. Definitely not recommendable as a plaything for your grudges."

-"You had the chance to escape with life and Magic Crest, so it would be very thoughtless of you to waste it by becoming that demonic Francesca's pawn. That Lord El-Melloi II I saw in the Rail Zeppelin holds a classroom that accepts people contrary to the magecraft world like you, so I think that would be a good place for you to move past your trauma."

But despite the whole conversation, Harli insists she's already past the breaking point and takes Francesca's offer anyway.

The teacher is described as an 80+ sly granny with the appearance of a classy little girl with an elegant dress and a crow mounted on her shoulder. If you checked the Rail Zeppelin background characters, it checks out.

The Rail Zeppelin anime is very consistent with its background characters, actually. You can see Harli's teacher a couple more times.

Sasuga Narita sensei, lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    I hope Flat stays dead. His death was fine, there are characters enough running around and the cast could use a bit of trimming. Personally I didn’t like Flat that much, he felt like a side character that was taking up way to much time. He’s fine in small doses, but a bit to gimmicky and one-note as a character for me. Now the pages can be better spent on more interesting characters and Jack’s development without Flat. I hope that whatever is inside him is finished soon too, there are enough wildcards running around as it is. But with Narita who knows. There obviously are quite a few people who love him, so if he returns good for them.
    While I do agree we need a little bit of cast pruning, I'm not sure killing one of the actually interesting characters is the right way to go about it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    I don't think Flat's death was fine at all. It's not like he died saving Tsubaki, sacrificed himself like Roman or anything like that. He died mid-sentence while talking to Ayaka. He hadn't even finished talking.

Jack & Flat had a convo before that, which was where Flat talking about Jack's wish, and Jack told Flat that if the real Ripper did come about in his body to run away or kill him abruptly, and how Jack would be fine because Flat would "remember him." Flat adds that Jack didn't need atonement because he wasn't the real Ripper Jack so they decide to put that away. In other words, they were denied their "Waver and Rider" ending in a tragic way.

If Flat dies here, he would not "overcome his gap" like Jack had talked about in Vol. 4.

It just doesn't make sense to the narrative; the moment Jack accepted himself as a "fake," Flat was nothing but a monster meant to be destroyed, like his parents had said. There is "no gap" for Flat to overcome, he was always nothing.

Doesn't that feel sad & tragic? I don't think the story will be a tragic one. Waver, Caubac, Jack and maybe Ayaka will find a way to save Flat I'm sure.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; January 17th, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

half of the true servant's masters are completely irrelevant and are just waiting to die "surprising" deaths