Page 365 of 680 FirstFirst ... 265315355360363364365366367370375415465 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 13588

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Whenever people say "connected to the Root" and then start making comparisons to Void Shiki, I think they are missing on what Void Shiki is.
    It's close enough to get the point across; it doesn't have to be a direct comparison imo.

Anyway I have my own theory with Flat that has to do w/ the Root through the concept of "Chaos"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    A personality moving around in a unique, Sakamoto-voiced terminal doesn't really have anything to do with Cast Fireball.

Blog Entries
    Whenever people say "connected to the Root" and then start making comparisons to Void Shiki, I think they are missing on what Void Shiki is.
    Yeah a better example would be Manaka
    Flat is just a genderflipped Manaka

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I'm really curious about this too. I hear people thinking Flat has a connection to the Root--

Meanwhile people also think Ayaka has a connection to the Root--

But then here I'm looking at that one scene in the manga where Flat recognizes Ayaka as アヤカ and wondering what's up with that (as in does he know both "real" and "fake" Ayakas)

All I know about Fate School Life is that Flat told Ayaka about the Voynich Manuscript secrets.
    when the cheery boy starts talking about how souls are the key to "leaving this world", it is bound to raise a few eyebrows

- - - Updated - - -

mind elaborating on this?

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Yeah a better example would be Manaka
    Flat is just a genderflipped Manaka
    Flat is pure and cute. Manaka isn't.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Manaka is in fact extremely pure.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    mind elaborating on this?
    If I say that I am connected to Japan because I work for a Japanese company, it does not make me like Emperor Akihito.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    More like Helena is than Manaka is
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    To start this post, I personally think FSF takes place in 2007, 2008, or 2009, based on Flat's and Gray's ages.

Flat:
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Melloi Case Files 2 ch. 1
    Matching Flat's age, the boy at the top of the staircase was about fifteen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibid
    "...actually, Lady Reines, I'm one month older than he is." Seeing his discontent, I couldn't help but laugh at Svin as he spoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 1 Act 2: Berserker
    He walked down a long corridor, humphing in a manner unbefitting a man nearly 20 years of age.
    Gray:
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 1 Prologue VIII
    But, from the side of the room, one of the students spoke up. She was a young woman perhaps twenty years old.

“The master is always like this when it comes to Mr. Escardos.”

“Huh? Ah, I see...”

“I’ll see him to the infirmary. Excuse us.”

With that, the woman politely nodded at Rangul and his student before hoisting her Lord and mentor over her shoulder.
    Taking into account the vague adverbs "nearly", "perhaps", and "about" to suppose Flat was 15 either in 2003 or 2004 is why I put it between 2007 and 2009, but personally, I favor 2008 because 1) it's the year of the original April's Fools, and 2) supposing the Third HGW did take place in 1938, it fits nicely with Snowfield being created 70 years ago.

Anyway, the reason why I bring this up is because it makes this line:
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 3 Prologue VIII
    Cashura used orthodox domination and projection magecraft to wreak all kinds of havoc on Wall Street
    interesting IMO, even if it's about a dude who showed up for all of two seconds. If the year is 2008, wouldn't it imply that Cashura had a hand in the 2007/8 financial crisis? And how would Projection of all things contribute to it? Though Reines seems to imply in Case Files magecraft and the financial world makes for a complex relationship:
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM CF 2 ch. 1
    I certainly wouldn't say everything, but at least seventy percent of the world is decided by budget. That fact is no different in the world of magecraft. As sad as it is, the concept of the value of the world being calculated into a number and dollar value was approaching the realm of Mystery itself, so it wasn't something that could really be fought. The constantly continuing process of inflation all over the world was in itself an illusion produced by the collective unconscious of mankind.

Actually, magecraft that tied into currency directly has similar demands wherever it developed in the world, but that's enough thinking like my brother for now.
    But I might be overthinking it. Anyway, thnx for coming to my TED talk.
    Last edited by All fictions; October 8th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That was fascinating, and way better thought out than my headcanon of 2011. I don't know WHY I thought that. In all honesty, it makes sense.

夜魔 Nightmare
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No Baccano or Strange Fake in December https://dengekibunko.jp/product/newr...ko.html#future

Shucks. Well, we knew we'd have to wait, so...

Blog Entries
    Narita is busy promoting his Manga

JP Friend Code
    I would just like to thank those who contributed to translating the previous light novels for SF, it's been wonderful reading through them so far and I really appreciate all the hard work and effort it took to put it all together! ^^ (especially towards Nakulas, OtherSideofSky, and others who helped!)

I eagerly await the next novel Narita will release (whenever he gets to it)! I think all the servant/master pairings have been interesting so far though I do hope it won't be too overwhelming for Narita to balance the developments for all of these characters.
    ---Rayshifting since 2015/08/28
    Current Support Lineup ^^

Best Girl

---Various Fate (and other) cosplay adventures: https://linktr.ee/nisaba.cosplay

Welcome to the forum, first of all, and second of all, I totally agree with you.

JP Friend Code
    Thank you! I've been lurking for quite a bit tbh just reading through all the content/discussions here, it's been fun learning more about everything in the various Type-Moon stories. I hope I can keep up lol

Anyway, I love the way some of the servants are depicted in SF, especially Jack the Ripper (who I vastly prefer to the Apo variant). I'm also hoping to see more Gil/Enkidu dynamics, I find their friendship interesting and I want to see how it's handled here. Babylonia sort of gave me that a little....but Kingu wasn't truly Enkidu so.

I think my favorite Master so far has been Tiné just because I find her motivations quite different compared to the typical magus ones and her dynamic with Gil is nice.
    ---Rayshifting since 2015/08/28
    Current Support Lineup ^^

Best Girl

---Various Fate (and other) cosplay adventures: https://linktr.ee/nisaba.cosplay

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Strange/fake ironically killed most of by interest in the Gil-Enkidu dynamic. I wouldn't have shipped it regardless, but that it also monoplises the tag on both Tumblr and pixiv made me exhausted with it

US Friend Code
    Honestly I found that to be more Babylonias fault then SF. Even when it first comes from SF
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    I don't care about their dynamic in the first place so I'm safe. I found the other dynamics in SF to be more interesting.

Well as far as I am concerned FSF was first work that made interested in anything Gil related altogether. That include his dynamics with other characters.