Page 432 of 432 FirstFirst ... 332382422427430431432
Results 8,621 to 8,629 of 8629

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒 Dead Apostle jennajayfeather's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh I hate Gil but I hate Izaya even more. Narita seems to make characters I like A LOT (Flat, Shizuo, Jacuzzi) but then make characters I also REALLY dislike (Izaya, Ladd, Buzz Cola)

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    As well as how Gil's body got out of being sucked into Tsubaki world. Unless his consciousness did get sucked in and that's what's meant by cage of death.
    Did the whole city get sucked in? I never could confirm what happened there.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; November 13th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Supports! 8/4/2019

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I could never hate Izaya inasmuch as I enjoy watching Shizou wreck him. He's just got such an unbelievably awful personallyI I couldn't help but fall for him. Even if it was anime original a man that introduces himself by

-Making a girl suicidal by letting her know of her dad's affair and asking her to form a suicide pact with him
    -has her kidnapped
    -has her saved
    -laughs in her face about how she's too weak willed to actually kill herself and how her problems are inconsequential
    -watches from a distance as she attempts suicide anyway just to spite him (though she's saved)

Will leave an impression on you.

- - - Updated - - -

And he's just so goshdarn genki about it all, its infectious!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Oh I hate Gil but I hate Izaya even more. Narita seems to make characters I like A LOT (Flat, Shizuo, Jacuzzi) but then make characters I also REALLY dislike (Izaya, Ladd, Buzz Cola)

Did the whole city get sucked in? I never could confirm what happened there.
    Also I'm sensing a preference for dangerous people with hearts of gold from you
    Last edited by mami-kouga; November 13th, 2019 at 05:03 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Wow you found a link between my faves.

also what’s funny is all your reasons just listed why I DIDNT like him LOL.
    Supports! 8/4/2019

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clan_Iraq69 View Post
    Gilgamesh is a Chad only betas don't like him.
    Gilgamesh is a bottom who thinks he's a top
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

US Friend Code
    095 235 851
    Izaya is great, he's a cartman or the joker in that he is almost entirely irredeemable, but provides immense entertainment for the reader from the chaos that he causes. He was an interesting deal with the devil type character who waited for people to seek him out, only to torment them for doing so. He thought himself so superior to other humans that he merely enjoyed watching them like a play, moving actors and props around if things were getting too boring for him. Which made his rivalry with shizuo so interesting, as Izaya found it impossible to get entertainment from an inhuman beast that only knew violence.
    Whilst Izaya isnt in strange fake, it seems that Narita has used similar elements for the prelatis, who prefer to sit and watch chaos unfold, and with Gil for "humans are less than ants to me" portion.
    Such characters can be incredibly divisive due to the way they act, but its specifically those actions which provide so many fun moments in Narita works. It wouldn't be quite the same if Narita didn't have his off the rails Ladd Russos or Izayas in his stories.

JP Friend Code
    Another great thing about Izaya is how he is very, very far from invincible, both in the practical and emotional levels.

Practictal: He always gets properly punished for all the worst shit he pulls off. He tries to pit the younger protag trio against each other? Namie hijacks his plans and Simon sends him flying against a signboard. He tries to frame Shizuo for Mikiya's murders and use the Dollars to arrange a girl's kidnapping? He gets stabbed. He honestly tries to kill Shizuo in the final arc? Stabbed again and wheelchaired for the rest of his life. Karma is always coming back to bite him specifically, more so than any other bad guy.

Emotional: Every guy who ever one-ups him calls him out on how he carefully plots his plan to ensure that no one dies on them because he doesn't have the guts to actually watch a person die (until the final arc has him trying to kill Shizuo and failing miserably). The narration also sometimes calls out how he wishes to be a practically non-existent observer because he lacks the emotional maturity to handle real human interactions.

He's a scarily compentent and completely irredeemable evil mastermind, but also a huge manchild and loser, and I think this balance is pretty great.

JP Friend Code
    I can respect a character for their role in the story and still hate them for being a shitty person; that’s basically how I interact with what I read
    Supports! 8/4/2019

Considering the progression of the story and the popularity of Gilgamesh with the readers and authors I think he is here to stay, not only here but in other works. He is, I dare to say, the Charizard of Fate.

I really hate that you have a point.