View Poll Results: Should the poll subforum return

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    29 61.70%
  • No

    18 38.30%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 91

Thread: Should the poll subforum return

  1. #1
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,765
    Blog Entries
    3

    Should the poll subforum return

    I think this is a fair topic to bring up. There was clearly some annoyance over the actual removal of the entire subforum, which DID serve a purpose (getting to know the opinions and preferences of other users about TM related topics) outside of people posting nonsense and arguing over their favorite heroine.

    The largest issue with the subforum was that when new TM content wasn't trickling out, there was nothing to have a poll for and discuss, so people just made joke polls (I am guilty of this too) or polls to complain about the moderators doing things they didn't like (I did this too!). This can easily be solved by just keeping the 7th Poll subforum to soak up all the off-topic polls. Since that's already been done there's no reason to not bring back the proper Poll subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.


  2. #2
    Yes

    I needed to know how my constitution poll went, but the admins went ahead and moved it and then "accidentally" deleted it.

    These tyrants obviously refuse to make the voice of the people heard. They saw a threat to their regime and decided to crack down.

    But they're clever, they refused to ban me, as not to make me a martyr.

    I think an armed uprising is the only option.

  3. #3
    In Memoriam Kelnish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    10
    Polls can go in GD and make dat front page MOOOOOOVE girl.

  4. #4
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,337
    Blog Entries
    96
    There is no further need for a poll forum. Polls are better served by just posting in the most likely category - if it's TM related, post it in GD. If you just want shitpolls, there's always the Seventh.

    They're also more likely to get more "real" traffic and less "troll" traffic. Lots of people browse GD. Not so many browsed Polls.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  5. #5
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,765
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    Not so many browsed Polls.
    Are you crazy? Tons of people posted in that subforum. It was like the one place where people from every subforum gathered together and argued.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.


  6. #6
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,337
    Blog Entries
    96
    And promptly made it the dumbest forum on the boards.

    If you want to argue, head to the Seventh.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  7. #7
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,765
    Blog Entries
    3
    Is this one of the times where you're joking and nobody gets it because you're not funny?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.


  8. #8
    In Memoriam Kelnish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Is this one of the times where you're joking and nobody gets it because you're not funny?
    Is this one of the times where you're joking and nobody gets it because you're not funny?

  9. #9
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,765
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Is this one of the times where you're joking and nobody gets it because you're not funny?
    I'm actually completely serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Is this one of the times where you're joking and nobody gets it because you're not funny?
    Kelnish, these kind of posts are too complicated for you, I recommend you leave all further discussion to the BIG DAWGS.

  11. #11
    In Memoriam Kelnish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Kelnish, these kind of posts are too complicated for you, I recommend you leave all further discussion to the BIG DAWGS.
    Agreed. But I will still express my administration guaranteed right to forum suffrage and cast my nonsensical vote despite this!

  12. #12
    Super AI Youtuber BB-chan! Laith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,684
    JP Friend Code
    993,855,500
    Blog Entries
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    if it's TM related, post it in GD.
    Hey terra you hear that, your "favorite borner" poll isn't Type–Moon related.

    Year 1

    Salt Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

    He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

    I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

    First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

  13. #13
    I'm bored Polly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,187
    Blog Entries
    6
    Canaan is T-M related. Just not Nasuverse related.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

    Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

  14. #14
    In Memoriam Kelnish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    10
    Tobias. I see you reading. Fix it!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    administration guaranteed right to forum suffrage
    This is what they want you to believe.

  16. #16
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,337
    Blog Entries
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Is this one of the times where you're joking and nobody gets it because you're not funny?
    Nope. The way I see it, we had lingering thoughts about removing it like a year ago, and the recent idiocy simply convinced us the forum was no longer useful at all. Five dumb polls for every one good poll is not a good way to keep a forum viable.

    We felt (and still feel) at this point that there was no longer a major purpose for a poll forum, and polls are generally better served in the places where people will likely look for them anyway, especially with the recent ratio of dumb polls to useful polls.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  17. #17
    In Memoriam Kelnish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    10
    ... what polls were actually useful? I don't remember any of those.

    ---edit---

    Other than the skinwalker and neckbeard ones.
    Last edited by Kelnish; May 18th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

  18. #18
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,337
    Blog Entries
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    ... what polls were actually useful? I don't remember any of those.
    That's pretty much the point.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  19. #19
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,765
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    Nope.
    Just making sure.

    We felt (and still feel) at this point that there was no longer a major purpose for a poll forum,
    The poll forum has gone through stages of hibernation and activity for a long time. Whenever new content comes, we see the poll forum come to life, and when we've exhausted the new content it sleeps with the occasional random poll. We just recently had a sleep phase with more idiocy than normal (I openly admit to contributing to this).

    and polls are generally better served in the places where people will likely look for them anyway,
    Like a poll subforum? A large portion of the fanfic forum (which is the majority of the site) rarely ever go to GD, where you're proposing future polls go. Those people made up a good majority of votes in every poll, though admittedly they did not usually contribute to active discussions.

    especially with the recent ratio of dumb polls to useful polls.
    Which will be solved with the existence of a "random poll," which we now have. People post dumb polls to troll in the serious poll subforum, move the thread, slap them on the wrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.


  20. #20
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,337
    Blog Entries
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    The poll forum has gone through stages of hibernation and activity for a long time. Whenever new content comes, we see the poll forum come to life, and when we've exhausted the new content it sleeps with the occasional random poll. We just recently had a sleep phase with more idiocy than normal (I openly admit to contributing to this).
    So to boil this down, "that's how it always was, and that's how it always should be."

    No, sorry. Give me a better reason to keep the Poll Forum. A forum that is only "active" 25% of the time and just sitting there or filled with silly crap the other 75% of the time isn't something that's getting good traffic. Ditto for "Announcements," which has had a whopping 15 topics in 2+ years (and no surprise, three of them are Mike related). Forum Votes has even less - a mere seven, five of them related to the banner stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Like a poll subforum? A large portion of the fanfic forum (which is the majority of the site) rarely ever go to GD, where you're proposing future polls go. Those people made up a good majority of votes in every poll, though admittedly they did not usually contribute to active discussions.
    That's their choice. Let's put it this way: If they mostly lurk fanfics, and you claim they wouldn't go to GD, why would they go to Polls?

    People who lurk tend to look at the forums and the topics, just not post in them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Which will be solved with the existence of a "random poll," which we now have. People post dumb polls to troll in the serious poll subforum, move the thread, slap them on the wrist.
    This cures that part, but it doesn't get around the fact that most of the time the Polls forum sits there and sucks on dust till the next thing that makes it wake up for a blip before going back to sleep.

    To be honest, it's why I'd thought about removing even the Forum Votes forum as well - hardly ever used.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •