Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1520232425

Thread: Ouroborus - Twisted Prayers (Reboot IC)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Dranes
    Jeren Delse
    Scribe Train - Hrunting's Room

Jeren let out a sigh of relief as the two entered the compartment, everything was going well so far. Taking his first look around, he saw that it had the usual Scribe flair to it...shelves packed with books, chests that contained who knows what and more. However what caught his attention was what lay in the center, a large sword as black as night on an ornate pedestal...this was it, this was the prize they were looking for: Hrunting.

...Of course it's protected, it'd be too easy otherwise right?

Mentally complaining to himself and clicking his tongue in annoyance before turning his attention to the now talking squirrel. It was hard to say he'd ever get used to talking animals but right now wasn't really the time for that. He nodded as Wilfrieda explained the current situation and what a situation it was, one of these books would be the key? They didn't really have the time for that now did they. Shaking his head, he looked at one of the books and reached out to it.

Only to pull back and quickly hide behind one of the shelves. Motioning for Axel to do the same.

Just in time too it seemed. In the next moment, four Scribes had entered the compartment, they looked like nothing special but carried guns. As great as magic may be, guns were still dangerous and Jeren had no love for getting shot at, none at all.

It seemed that they were checking for any intruders and with how they were positioned.

I was getting bored of all this sneaking around anyway.

He motioned to Axel, when the four got close enough, they'd each take two on their own side.

And so they waited a moment, then another. Until the Scribes were close enough to be well in range for the two of them but before they were seen. In that single moment they had looked in the wrong direction, it was time.

They had made their move. Charging forward at the startled Scribe, staying low and anticipating gun fire before finally striking forward with an electric charged fist to one's face. More then likely he'd be knocked out by that before going for the next one right behind him, this time striking with an electric spike to the next one's gut, aiming just to disarm and hold him in a lock but not totally knock him out...though he wasn't about to let him yell for help. He was expecting Axel to do the same, though of course knocking out the two on his end rather then keep any of them up and going.

Spells used:

Will update in the morning.
    Last edited by Dranes; March 17th, 2014 at 07:17 PM.

Ryvius Lanni
    Train Tracks

Clicking his tongue in annoyance Ryvius chambers another round, hands moving automatically as he increases the flow of mana into the gun. Sharp amber eyes trying to pierce the smoke cover the woman had deployed. It was hit own fault he missed, trying to keep too much in reserve for later. There is a time and place to be stingy with ones mana reserves, this is not one of them.

Letting the pooled mana infuse the bullet and the gun this time Ryvius breathes out slowly as he takes aim, judging the speed of the Scriber charging towards him carefully. Two, perhaps three more shots before she would reach the edge of his bounded field, then the real fight would start. He couldn't rely on that completely to stop her though, it would be best to go with his original attempt to limit her mobility even before hand.

A second shot rings through the hills as the freelancer strokes the trigger, eye never leaving the scope as he readies a third shot already.

Imbue Item: Bullet (15 MP)
    Imbue Rifle: +10 Dex (20MP)

Spoiler:

Rifle: A simple unnamed artifact imbued to shoot more accurately and to bear a more powerful load. (If possible he tends to use magical ammunition, imbuing them with mana to bear a stronger damage.) As part of his magical lines siege focus there was information on making ballista shoot further, trebuchet stone stroke more accurately. The weapons are different, but the concept is the same... and a rifle is much easier to carry around than a full sized siege weapon.
    Mana 10-20, DEX is increased by half the mana used to imbue the rifle, also gains a sundering bonus against structures.

Winters Chill: A bounded field that he can set up that lowers the temperature dramatically. The harsh Russian winter is useable as an attack as well, though affects a much smaller area and draws more heavily on his own reserves. Much more effective in a colder climate, used in the tropics or hot deserts will make it much less effective without more resources dedicated to it. Good for giving people the cold shoulder. Also let's Ryvius keep the temperature pleasantly cool around himself.

40 mana cost to set up a wide area bounded field that reduces the enemy RES depending on enemy RES.
    Debuff D RES by 10, C by 5, and you're immune at B ->
    Using imbue item, the effect can be buffed for 1 use – D res 15, C res 10, B res 5, A res immune

Imbue Item: Either for making the keys and focal points for his bounded fields if necessary, as well as his ammunition. If given enough time he can work with most things to add a bit of magic, usually defensive to them.

+3 str /con to def/attacks for 10 mp. 15 mp for winter’s chill imbue – gives some freezing chances and adds 10% mag damage to base damage.

STR 10 D
    CON 10 D
    AGI 10 D
    DEX 30 B (40 A)
    INT 60 ?
    RES 10 D
    HP 200
    MP 550
    SP 700 (617)

Last edited by Plue; March 18th, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Kagura
    Scribes
    Akihabara

Next to you, Mashiro readies her stance, but waits to see what the enemy does, playing the safe game. Pressurized air rushes around you, a solid defense against the general paper talisman magecraft you have seen up to this point. However, the wild haired diviner doesn't bat an eyebrow, and merely makes a few hand signs.

"Wind, is it."

The man inhales deeply and mutters a spell in a low voice. You do not catch what he says, but several fans appear out of thin air, circling around the man. The fans dance around, spraying paper talismans into the air. Your wind promptly shreds them before anything else happens, but you spy that something is going horribly wrong. As your wind shreds the talismans, the small pieces of paper follow the wind current, formulating a giant spiral of paper.

"San-sen Kami-kiri (Three-thousand Paper Slash)."

The man claps his hands together three times. As he does, it seems that the paper pieces turn into sharp shards of glass, pieces that are slowly centering in on you. As you try to push away with your own wind and fail to do so, Mashiro draws her sword.

"Sansai-Chi."

A small mutter, as her blade shines. You see that there is no blade to her sword for a second - which then starts sucking in your wind, formulating a tornado blade. With no further ado, you deactivate your EQ - as Mashiro stretches out her blade to the heavens, blasting a tornado full of the enemy's glass shards back at him.

"Ho, that weapon..."

The man's eyes glint. Mashiro shudders as his eyes linger over her and the blade, but stands her ground. The man doesn't even seem to care about the approaching attack, though -

"Kazetobashi."

Another clap of his hands, and Mashiro's wind breaks, as if the flow of air itself was stopped. A vacuum of sorts?

That was followed by a click of his fingers, returning the glass shards back into paper pieces which dispersed in the air.

"Interesting girl, that one. This encounter will be more fun that I have anticipated..."

His grin reminds you of a snake, as it gives you a cold chill.

Kurogane Kaito
    Lv. 7
    Stats: ?

Talisman Arts: A set of numerous spells concerning the transformation or utilization of talismans for minor spells regarding the use of mana.

- San-sen Kamikiri - The shattering of paper talismans to disperse the paper in wider areas or for large AOE spells. The second stage of the spell differs according to the caster's imagination.
    - Kazetobashi - Using his paper talismans, he controls wind under the paper's influence, stopping or moving it accordingly.
    Hattori Mashiro
    Level 2
    STR: C 20
    CON: C 20
    AGI: B 30
    DEX: C 20
    I
    NT: ?
    RES: ?

Chi- Earth
    The second part of Mashiro’s sword: the guard and handle. Serving as both the foundation and “trick play” of Mashiro’s Sansai, this special EQ allows for Mashiro to channel her kotodama into the surrounding elements to form a blade. Typically used to create a weapon when her blade talismans are dispersed, this effect can also be utilized to augment her talismans to create elemental boons.
    --------

Aria
    Scribes - KoTR
    Akihabara

As you seek to dig out the man from the rocks, you manage to remove all of the bigger rocks. However, underneath the rocks, you see the man's entire left leg squashed to a pulp, rather disturbingly so. His right leg is also a mess, but of less consequence. Of course, with the advent of magecraft healing, it could be possible to restore his walking ability, but it was impossible to do now.

You also see a few rocks penetrating his skin and organs around his gut area, but removing them hastily would displace his organs or start more bleeding.

"...Who are you....?"

The older man looks at you as if in a daze. He's going into shock due to blood loss, or something similar. Either way, he seems to have bad vision right now.

"My students...under the rubble...please.."

He weakly points towards more of the rubble, especially where there is a lot of concrete built up in a heap. Apparently his other students were also trapped under much of the ruined building....

-Side quest activated - save as many of the students as possible.
    Rewards differ with the number of students saved.
    Max: 10
    Currently saved students: 0

Tsubasa, Claire, Kagami, Kaust, Seras
    Freelancer Hub, Rome

As Kaust and his teammates walk down the stairs down to the tavern area, trying to stay as inconspicuous as possible, you see a commotion of sorts going on around. There is a injured man crumpled near the bottom of the stairs, panting. Kaust recognizes his face - the summoner from yesterday. You nearly draw your sword, but you recall this is supposed to be a neutral zone of sorts and hold your hand for the moment. Meanwhile, a raven-cloaked girl approaches the man, trying to get him up, but to no avail - he seems to be delirious, or at least not right in the head at the moment.

While people stop paying attention to the injured, two faces catch Kaust's eyes. Tsubasa and Claire, the two junior members of the Duodecim - they were sitting at a table with a few unknowns, probably freelancers that were hanging around. As Kaust faces them, the two junior Resistance members also look at the stairway, seeing you and your team.

Recognization flashes by their eyes.

Apparently these two had Kaust's information one way or another.

Kagekami Kagami
    Resistance - Null Hope
    Rome

Guess I don't need to wait for him to wake up anymore, I thought as I put the things away and hurried towards the collapsed mystery mage on the floor. I help him up off the floor, but he seems a little... unbalanced.

It's probably not a good idea to stay here. Still helping to support the man, I begin to move towards the staircase and bring him back to the room to calm down.

"Excuse me, do you mind? I'm going to bring this man back to his room so he can rest for a bit and calm down." I spoke to the group of people blocking the stairs as I gesture for them to let me through.
    -----

Wise Up

Stats
    HP: 250/250
    MP:500/500
    SP: 700/700
    Str: 10
    Dex: 20
    Int: 40

Magecraft

Dreamform: Blood

Summons a being straight out of a dream. The being gets INT stat points to be distributed freely, and is possible of receiving the effects of sanctuary. summoned beings have no minimal stats. Currently, only 1 can be summoned at a single point. Costs 60 mana to summon one. Maintenance cost is 10 per turn. Also eats up 20 SP per turn.

Dreamform: Steel

Gives shape to an object from a dream. The amount of prana channeled in determines the quality and strength of said object. They dissipate when the mana which keeps it in existence is cut. Can have multiple items out, although her current limit is ?. Summoning 1 costs 5 mana and maintenance is 2.

A Small Nightmare

Creates a dark orb of fear/nightmare which homes onto an enemy, but can be evaded or destroyed. Once it connects, it continuously torments the enemy with hypnotic visions and terror for 3 turns. Depends, but can lower enemy stats randomly. Does no damage. Costs 20 mana.

Equipment:

Custom EQ: Raven Cape: A jet black cape wrought of raven feathers and dark magics. A cursed artifact that encroaches upon the owner's mentality with whispers of evil and malefic visions (upon GM posts). It has the capability to summon a whirlwind of black ravens to harass the enemy, which will block sight and peck/claw at. Ravens have low stats that don't really fit into the stat scale, but they can do some damage as a group, especially against grouped enemies. It also renders the owner impossible to sense through the Sensor perk, allowing one to blend in with the mundanes. Lastly, it has the ability to put up a wide barrier that forces any mage within the range to lose 10 mana per turn, sapping it into it's own sustenance. The cape can hold up to 300 mana. Each use of ravens costs 50 mana.

Mana: 180/300

<Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Rostam
    Manor of the Exiled

There was no question or hesitation about what Rostam was going to do next. With a twist of his heel, the hooded magus hurries back to his quarters and quickly assesses his supplies and information. His uncle was rushing over land towards India but was being chased by Scribes forces. He was or is about to cross over mountainous regions. He had to figure out which area his uncle would be traveling through and intercept him before the deadly vision of his death comes to fruition.

But how would he get there? Rostam did not have his uncle's physical aptitude so he could not just run over miles of land like him at full sprint. And yet Rostam could do nothing but try: his uncle's future depended on it.

Grabbing a sack, Rostam packs some cloth and sleeping materials and rushes to the kitchens. Negotiating with the cooks Rostam secures some rations that should hold him over for several days. He would have to secure more food along the way by foraging or using some of the money given to him from his clan when he first set off on his task.

With everything gathered, Rostam takes a step on the threshold of the manor doors. This would be a long and arduous journey....

But he would do anything for his uncle, the one person Rostam cared about more than anything in the world.

Spoiler:

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Claire Mongeau
    Freelancer Hub, Rome

Well well, what have we here...

While I had just been about to explain to Seras that what I had been doing was not, in fact, flirting, the words catch in my throat as I spot the scribes we had been warned about the previous day. While I do pause for a moment in recognition, in the end, I suppose it doesn't actually matter too much.

Freelancer hubs were neutral ground, so even if I wanted to start a fight here, which I didn't, I'd just end up pissing more people off than would be wise.

Besides, if this Solo guy was so strong, it might even be in our advantage to let the scribes wear him down, then swoop in and deal with them both at once.

So... I'll let em go for now.

"Alright guys, let's go."

If they follow, that's on them.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Kaust Antares
    Freelancer Hub, Rome - Stairs

This wasn't an encounter that he had expected to walk into. To run into the summoner they met yesterday here of all places... was he trying to make use of the fact that this was a non-aggression zone? No, probably not. Considering the summoner's delirium, he was probably brought here by his apparent accomplice. It wasn't Kaust's primary mission, but he didn't like the idea of simply ignoring this man.

However, this was not the time or the place to act against him. He came here to see Duodecim after all, not chase after the summoner.

"Sorry," Kaust said, stepping aside for Kagami. "Though, I hope whatever he has isn't contagious."

He headed towards the tavern - just in time to see his original suspects begin to leave. Well, it was no big deal; he wanted to see them, and following them right now... it couldn't exactly be done as a big group. Nor could did he want to do it alone; unfamiliar with the city streets, if he got caught out in the open running away wouldn't be an easy task.

Besides, he did want something to eat before they resumed their search about Solo.

"Can you guys grab a table," Kaust said to his team. "I'm gonna go wash my hands real quick."