Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Zalgo's Collected Drabbles Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Well I guess not even Zalgo can pull off the miracle of writing a Gilko I don't absolutely hate.
    Gil-ko might be interesting to write in first person, come to think of it.

I tried to stick to BL's "canon" as closely as possible for this snippet. Like her male counterpart, Female Gil isn't a particularly pleasant individual when you really get down to it.

EDIT: The "villains" of Fate are a moderately sympathetic lot. Most incarnations of Kirei -- trolling, evil, sadistic Kotomine Kirei -- have some traces of guilt and a moralistic upbringing left. Tokiomi cares about his wife and daughter, and suffers for his arrogance. Kayneth loves Sola-Ui in a sad, unrequited sorta way. Medea and Rider both got kicked around when they were alive. Zouken is a tragedy that already happened. He was once a slightly better person, but his soul has rotted too far to remember what his original goal was. Even totally irredeemable nutcases like Ryuunosuke and Gilles have a childlike, accepting quality to them, and Gilles's mind is warped into a pretty pathetic mess.

But Gil -- either gender of Gil -- doesn't have any of this. He/She is just arrogance and entitlement personified. Rarely does Gil get his face smashed in, and when he does, the lesson doesn't take. He's not fallible enough to lose very often, either, so comedic villain protagonist doesn't work well. So hopefully your dislike for all things Fem!Gil means that I stayed relatively close to in-character.

Hopefully.

First person might improve matters, with some finagling. A project for another day, I guess.

Also: Girl Kirei. It creeps me out. Also makes me wanna call child services. I feel bad for Caren.
    Hm...I suppose the snippet worked, then.

Here's something more cheerful to compensate:

Detour From Shin-Tokyo
    [Kariya encounters Sekirei #08, Yume]

Kariya Matou’s eyebrow twitched. This was admittedly due to nerve damage, but Kariya thought it suited the situation well enough that he didn’t complain.

A “woman” in a black cloak, miniskirt, and bob cut had just kissed him. Not just a little peck, either. No, we’re talking full esophageal excavation. And then, she’d proceeded to grow wings of light from her back.

The female kept staring up at him, wide eyed and grinning. Her hands were clasped in front of her. Like a lobotomized Moonie with an ahoge.

“So you’re…”

“A Sekirei,” she said. “Number Zero-Eight, Yume. The Sekirei of Fate.”

It was the third time she’d repeated herself. Kariya thought he heard an air of patient indulgence in her voice, like a teacher with a slow student.

“And you're saying that the kiss was a mating ritual.”

The ahoge bobbed enthusiastically. More grinning.

“Yep!”

“That’s, um--”

Forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever. and ever…

Kariya held up a hand. Worms wriggled under the skin. Squirmed. He felt them tightening around his internal organs.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said. “Look. Aside from the fact that I’m in a magical tournament here—“

Yume clapped her fingerless gloves together. The sound echoed down the dank alley. Kariya noted that her smile had turned slightly predatory.

“Oh, my! That sounds fascinating, Mr. Matou! Who are we fighting?”

“We’re not fighting – Ugh,” Kariya said. “Look. You seem like a nice enough…whatever you are. Bonkers, but nice. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m infested by mystical death worms, so I’m not exactly ‘mate’ material right now. Know what I mean?”

“I unconditionally support all of my Ashikabi’s hobbies, no matter how strange.”

“That’s not exactly what I meant--”

“As for me, I’m a sucker for long walks on the beach, unrequited love, and sacrificing my life for children when they’re in danger.”

“Um…” Kariya said.

Yume looked up at Kariya with glistening eyes, pushing her fingers together.

“Can we…maybe…um, d-do one of those things s-sometime, Ashikabi-sama?” Yume said.

Kariya’s eyebrow twitched again. For the first time in decades, Kariya wondered whether maybe – just maybe – the universe had decided to throw him a bone.

Still…

“Uh, Yume?”

She stiffened, as if he’d called her to attention.

“Yes, Ashikabi-sama!”

Kariya scratched the back of his head. Or at least, he moved his hand to the proper spot and waited for spasms to do the work.

“This isn’t exactly a game, Yume,” he said. “It’s nice that you want to help me and all. Really. But this stuff's actually pretty dangerous, and—“

“I can level buildings with energy blasts from my hands.”

A few seconds of silence followed.

“…and welcome to Heaven’s Feel,” Kariya finished.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; June 25th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well done. I would have thought you might pair him with another Sekirei, but Yume makes perfect sense now that I think about it. If you continued the story, would Kariya get more Sekirei? Or would he just stick with Yume?

Oh, and although this had some pretty good lines, the end part was probably my favorite:

“This isn’t exactly a game, Yume,” he said. “It’s nice that you want to help me and all. Really. But this stuff's actually pretty dangerous, and—“

Good job
    Last edited by Mooncake; June 24th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I did assume you were deliberately portraying mother Kirei as massively creepy, because how else can you write a mother that is soothed by her child's suffering.

FemGil is just one of those things that I just can't like in their "traditional" portrayal, for some reason.
    Also hate the design.

Kariya took it fairly well, all considered. Also I suspect they will end up doing one of those three together soon in the future. :V

I did assume you were deliberately portraying mother Kirei as massively creepy, because how else can you write a mother that is soothed by her child's suffering.
    Yep. This is true.

Kariya took it fairly well, all considered. Also I suspect they will end up doing one of those three together soon in the future. :V
    I figured that after spending the last couple days losing fights to overpowered magi and getting eaten by worms, a beautiful alien giving him a kiss would barely register on Kariya's annoyance scale.

The drabble will probably remain a oneshot. Partly because, as you point out, it would have a pretty bittersweet ending for everybody involved.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    The drabble will probably remain a oneshot. Partly because, as you point out, it would have a pretty bittersweet ending for everybody involved.
    You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Counter Guardian Kirei.
    This is the single most amazing thing I've ever heard of.

Why have is this not a thing yet? How did this slip though the collective consciousness of everyone on BL?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    It's been discussed multiple times. It's just never been written.

Blog Entries
    I tried to stick to BL's "canon" as closely as possible for this snippet. Like her male counterpart, Female Gil isn't a particularly pleasant individual when you really get down to it.

EDIT: The "villains" of Fate are a moderately sympathetic lot. Most incarnations of Kirei -- trolling, evil, sadistic Kotomine Kirei -- have some traces of guilt and a moralistic upbringing left. Tokiomi cares about his wife and daughter, and suffers for his arrogance. Kayneth loves Sola-Ui in a sad, unrequited sorta way. Medea and Rider both got kicked around when they were alive. Zouken is a tragedy that already happened. He was once a slightly better person, but his soul has rotted too far to remember what his original goal was. Even totally irredeemable nutcases like Ryuunosuke and Gilles have a childlike, accepting quality to them, and Gilles's mind is warped into a pretty pathetic mess.

But Gil -- either gender of Gil -- doesn't have any of this. He/She is just arrogance and entitlement personified. Rarely does Gil get his face smashed in, and when he does, the lesson doesn't take. He's not fallible enough to lose very often, either, so comedic villain protagonist doesn't work well.
    I've heard rumors that Fate Extra CCC's Gilgamesh is nicer, but having not played the game I can't attest to that.

Glorious.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries

But Gil -- either gender of Gil -- doesn't have any of this. He/She is just arrogance and entitlement personified. Rarely does Gil get his face smashed in, and when he does, the lesson doesn't take. He's not fallible enough to lose very often, either, so comedic villain protagonist doesn't work well. So hopefully your dislike for all things Fem!Gil means that I stayed relatively close to in-character.

Hopefully.

First person might improve matters, with some finagling. A project for another day, I guess.
    Ohey I didn't see the edit the first time. Yeah you hit pretty much the nail in the head. It's one of the reasons why that omake with Jeanne & Gil playing a board game tickled me so much.

Blog Entries
    Ohey I didn't see the edit the first time. Yeah you hit pretty much the nail in the head. It's one of the reasons why that omake with Jeanne & Gil playing a board game tickled me so much.
    Didn't Zalgo say it was more of an interlude?
    ...unless you don't like it being part of "canon", that is. Either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Are you stupid?

Hint: I was the one who suggested "interlude" for the in-canon omakes in first place. He had them all as omakes.

Blog Entries
    Are you stupid?

Hint: I was the one who suggested "interlude" for the in-canon omakes in first place. He had them all as omakes.
    Sure, wynaut. Apologies, I had forgotten that detail about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Still reading through them, but - Kiri and Ilya are adorable.

Also, terrifying. She's her father's daughter, all right...

JP Friend Code
    ... Yume in Heaven's Feel 4.

That would be interesting.

(And actually, taking it as written, Shinji in The Weak is... well, okay, he's still a misogynistic jerk. But at least he's a caring misogynistic jerk.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    This is the single most amazing thing I've ever heard of.

Why have is this not a thing yet? How did this slip though the collective consciousness of everyone on BL?
    Because Alaya is ruthless, not malevolent.

I think.

Unless we use heroic Kirei who never got "enlightened" by Goldie and died doing good things, all the way resisting his evil impulses.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yume is a perfect fit for almost anyone, but that is me and my bias for love freaks.
    If they got to know one another, she would probably be the best person to show Kariya the holes in his plans for the war.

And then I started thinking of a talk between sane Lancelot and Yume, and it was wut inducing .

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post

And then I started thinking of a talk between sane Lancelot and Yume, and it was wut inducing .
    "And that is how I betrayed my oaths. My honor! My king! And for what?! The love of a woman..."

"AWWW! That is so romantic!"

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You might wanna link the stories to their original threads 'cause reading the comments is usually interesting.

Blog Entries
    You might wanna link the stories to their original threads 'cause reading the comments is usually interesting.
    ^^

So lost right now...

Also, Kariya/Yume was GLORIOUS.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh lol, Kariya/Yume.

xD
    That made me curious to see how it would develop now.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.