Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Zalgo's Collected Drabbles Thread

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Q: Regarding Kotomine Kirei's life, could you disclose more details? Such as at what age did he graduate from the seminary, and at what age did he become an Executor.

A: Because of his father, Risei, Kotomine had been working diligently as a Executor-in-training since an early age. He entered the seminary at the age of 22. In the same year, he received a second baptism to graduate from a trainee to a full Executor who could operate independently. However, while performing his duty of judging the heretics, he married. Kotomine voluntarily left his position in the seminary, and abandoned the path of becoming an official priest. After the death of his wife, he worked for the Assembly of the Eighth Sacrament, concentrating on training as an Executor. At the age of 28, he lost his father Risei, and was given the position of a priest, albeit unofficially.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    "So uh, guys, what about the Church in Fuyuki? The current tenant doesn't have the creds."

"Eh, it's Japan, who gives a fuck."
    That's exactly my thought process.

Y'know, Kirei not being a priest adds another nuance to his character, now that I think about it. Consider that the Fake Priest took over the Kotomine Church after his father died and he went off the deep end.

I may be missing something, but considering that rituals are pretty important in traditional Catholicism -- and you need priests to administer them -- isn't Kotomine's "Church" actually harming its congregation? They're getting fake rituals performed by a guy who, doctrinally, can't do them. Rather like paying for fraudulent insurance policies: you don't know that you're not protected.

It's another example of Kotomine's sick humor.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I think Nasu even pointed this out, iirc he made a comment about how Kirei teaches his congregation the right thing but makes them all feel terrible as people at the exact same time anyway.

inb4 perfect Catholic preacher

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's because making people feel terrible is part of his job so he can enjoy himself and still do his duties.

And the fake priest is more that he is also a magus. They are enemies of the Church. The whole thing with that is he has every group thinking that he's their man working as a double agent for the other side.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Is he really a magus? I always assumed he used sacraments.

Nasu christianity is the strongest and most widespread magical foundation, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    The Grail in Fuyuki is a wishing machine a bunch of magi put together. Kotomine explains that it's not actually the cup that held the blood of Christ.

I don't see how his being the Grail knight would really matter.
    I know, but it is called the Holy Grail, and we know that believe and names make a difference in the Nasuverse, so...

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Is he really a magus? I always assumed he used sacraments.

Nasu christianity is the strongest and most widespread magical foundation, after all.
    "Tohsaka, what kind of a person is the priest here?"

"It's kind of hard to explain. I've known him for ten years, but I still can't grasp his character."
    "You've known him for ten years…? That's a pretty long relationship. Is he a relative of yours or something?"

"He's not my relative, but he is my guardian. On top of that, he is my senior as an apprentice, and my second teacher."
    "Huh… senior as an apprentice, you mean apprentice as a magus!?"

"That's right, but why are you so surprised?"
    "Because he's a priest! Aren't priests forbidden to use magic!?"
    By their nature, a magus and the church cannot be in harmony.

The organization that magi belong to is called the Magic Association,
    And the other side of religion, the side you wouldn't see while living a normal life, is called the Holy Church.
    The two are barely similar. They cooperate in name, but they're always trying to kill each other when given the chance.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.