Thread: Fate/Morph Night

Fate/Morph Night

Story Challenge
    Nasuverse/Animorph Crossover
    Here's the idea the Yeerks are planning something in Japan so the Animorphs head over there to try and stop them. They stay with the family of one of the Animorphs who lives in Fuyuki City. They start searching for the Yeerks but are ambushed by them and just as it looks like they might die one of the Animorphs (who is up to you) accidently summons a servant who promptly saves them (who that servant is, what class they are, and how they save the Animorphs is up to you). The servant then introduces their master to the Fifth Holy Grail War.

Show the Animorphs as they go through the hell of the Holy Grail War and how their discovery of the existence of magecraft and shadowy powers hiding it from the general populace affects the Yeerk invasion. I would recommend keeping all the masters that fought in the cannon Fifth Holy Grail War along with Saber and Archer, but its up to you. Also I would recommend switching between the Animorphs perspective and Shirou or Rin's perspective. For the Animorphs this should be after Ax joins the Animorphs, but before the Yeerks discover the identity of the Animorphs. I would also recommend that neither the people on the Magecraft side of things nor the Yeerks are aware of each other (though either side might not a hidden organization whose agenda some times comes into conflict with their own). Also I would prefer if this not just stop at the end of the Fifth Holy Grail War but that it continue and show the Holy Grail War effected both the Animorphs and the (surviving) masters (and servants if you so choose). Show how the Magus Association, Holy Church, and Dead Apostles (Ancestor or otherwise) discover and react to the Yeerks and vise versa (one thing I would like to see is the eventual general revelation of magecraft and aliens to the world,though probably not till awhile after the Fifth Holy Grail War).This should not stick to being a solely Fate/Stay night and Animorphs story, but should instead cover the whole of the Nasuverse as well.

I will post the address to the story of anyone who takes up this challenge though I do ask that anyone does notifies me about it.
    Last edited by Jouaint; June 29th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    huh. I haven't read animorphs forever. I might need to brush up on a few things...

So if your doing this we have to assume the servant has to match the master. Here are some possibilities.

Jake - Alexander III (Rider)
    Marco - Shakespeare (Caster)
    Tobias - Jeanne D' Arc (Ruler or Saber)
    Rachael - Cu Chulainn (Lancer)
    Cassie - Enkidu (Lancer)
    Ax - Diarmuid Ua Diubhne (Lancer)

Opinions? Preferences?

The Counter Guardians purge the Yeerks.

Blog Entries
    hey guys, wuts goin on in dis tread?!

also,
    Jake - Alexander III (Rider) - wrong rider
    Marco - Shakespeare (Caster) -no
    Tobias - Jeanne D' Arc (Ruler or Saber) -maybe
    Rachael - Cu Chulainn (Lancer) -maybe
    Cassie - Enkidu (Lancer) -no
    Ax - Diarmuid Ua Diubhne (Lancer) -no

are these servants chosen required to be canonical?

in that case, lets see

Jake - medusa (Rider)
    Marco - Gilgamesh (gilgamesh)
    Tobias - Tamamo no mae (caster)
    Rachael - Shirou emiya (archer)
    Cassie - gawain (saber)
    Ax - lancelot (berserker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Tobias and Rachel and Ax were the best characters. :V
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Jake - medusa (Rider)
    Marco - Gilgamesh (gilgamesh)
    Tobias - Tamamo no mae (caster)
    Rachael - Shirou emiya (archer)
    Cassie - gawain (saber)
    Ax - lancelot (berserker)
    Poor Tobias, Tamamo would get jealous of Rachel quickly.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; June 29th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    The Counter Guardians purge the Yeerks.
    That's probably what would happen. Hell, even Gaia would want to get in on it, since the Yeerks' alteration of Earth's bio-sphere in order to make it Yeerk-friendly would eliminate a lot of native species.

Cute idea, and nicely nostalgic, but not all that practical. Now, I could see a Rin learning the intricacies of Kaleidoscope accidentally banishing herself to Animorph Earth . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I can't get the idea of Shirou stuck as a Hork Bajir out of my head.
    And I still have the GBA, Pokemon-esque game for Animorphs. XDDD
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    suddenly one of the animorphs acquires a servant or two. its a whole new war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

are these servants chosen required to be canonical?
    no, but a canon character helps meld the universes together. Otherwise I would use:

Leonardo Da Vinci (Assassin, think Assassins Creed, but it was Davinci who made the kills instead of Ezio), Dante Alighieri (Dante's Inferno), or Romulus, Son of Mars (Werewolf)

Jake - Alexander III (Rider) - wrong rider
    Marco - Shakespeare (Caster) -no
    Tobias - Jeanne D' Arc (Ruler or Saber) -maybe
    Rachael - Cu Chulainn (Lancer) -maybe
    Cassie - Enkidu (Lancer) -no
    Ax - Diarmuid Ua Diubhne (Lancer) -no
    I understand your opinion. In my thought process Jake is an amateur leader and would best grow if he had someone with true leadership skills to emulate or at least model from. Shakespeare in my mind would have be similar in attitude to Marco and would be a lot more open minded to the yeerk problem and probably see the yeerk war in a more open perspective then the animorphs. I originally wanted Tamomo, but I feel Tobias would fit more with Jeanne. Cu Chulainn could help Rachael how to properly use battlelust while being the "cool adult" figure. Enkidu, just an idea. Ax and Diarmund share a deep sense of honor. I don't think Gilgamesh would be good because he'd probably kill at least one of the members because he does not do well in groups. And berserkers are a hard sell because they can't really help integrate the animorphs into the grail war.

Cute idea, and nicely nostalgic, but not all that practical.
    Most fanfics aren't practical. If the writer is imaginative enough anything can be explained. (i.e. = Ax explaining magic is what the emillist(?) does on a smaller scale, Matou Zouken Controlling a horde of Yeerks through magical compulsion, Visser 3 bladeship vs Gilgamesh's Vimana, ect.)

Poor Tobias, Tamamo would get jealous of Rachel quickly,

That is exactly why I did not choose Tamomo. Or rather Rachael would be jealous and feel inadequate, which is not the Rachael we know.

I can't get the idea of Shirou stuck as a Hork Bajir out of my head.
    And I still have the GBA, Pokemon-esque game for Animorphs. XDDD
    Shirou with morphing power....nah, his body is already made of blades. Illya on the other hand would be cool.
    What would really strike me as interesting is a Medea equivalent character stealing the morphing cube and manipulating it to create powerful chimeras...out of people.
    Last edited by dragon20990; June 29th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

I would disagree the Counter Guardians are only concerned with the survival of humanity and the Yeerks do not want to destroy humanity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouaint View Post
    I would disagree the Counter Guardians are only concerned with the survival of humanity and the Yeerks do not want to destroy humanity.
    So it's just gaia that want to kill them? that's soooo much better lolz.

"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon20990 View Post
    Most fanfics aren't practical.
    Point - but the best ones are.

If the writer is imaginative enough anything can be explained. (i.e. = Ax explaining magic is what the emillist(?) does on a smaller scale, Matou Zouken Controlling a horde of Yeerks through magical compulsion, Visser 3 bladeship vs Gilgamesh's Vimana, ect.)
    Granted - I'm trying to point out that it would take a lot of imagination to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0light View Post
    So it's just gaia that want to kill them? that's soooo much better lolz.
    Release Primate Murder!
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouaint View Post
    Well, you do know that the Counter Guardians are the subtle ones right? They only get involved at least last moment and then purge anything related, then they vanish.

Gaia on the other-hand makes something like primate murder and sets it loose. And I doubt Alaya is gonna give a shit since it won't threaten humanity that much so its not gonna be contained by CGs.

Now what would this unique avatar of destruction be... My vote is for a giant crab, everyone hates crabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Now what would this unique avatar of destruction be... My vote is for a giant crab, everyone hates crabs.
    Something related to salt, of course.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Something related to salt, of course.
    So a crab which manipulates conceptualized salt?

Cause that would be very very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Point - but the best ones are.
    matter of opinion. I particularly enjoyed fate/zero sense and fate/stay away. How about you?