Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Just An Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover)

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    this story makes me want to watch lupin again

only one who seems OOC is gilgamesh, like hes been made stupid on purpose so lupin can show off
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    this story makes me want to watch lupin again

only one who seems OOC is gilgamesh, like hes been made stupid on purpose so lupin can show off
    Well you have to admit, before no one DARED to steal from him. Now Lupin did, and that does a lot to piss him off. You'll also remember that Gil nearly killed Lupin at the docks, and the only reason he's alive is due to Berserker's intervention.

I may have missed something while reading, but I'm pretty sure that the Einzbern Castle, and the forest, have wards and protections and such, at least enough to keep out, or at the very least warn of a magical spy attempt, or whatever the red-eyed owl was.

I certainly can't see Kiritsugu not setting up defenses against enemy reconaissance.

Oh trust me, all will be explained soon...

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    Well you have to admit, before no one DARED to steal from him. Now Lupin did, and that does a lot to piss him off. You'll also remember that Gil nearly killed Lupin at the docks, and the only reason he's alive is due to Berserker's intervention.
    So basically Gil is pissed off to the point that its making him careless in addition to his usual ego?
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    So basically Gil is pissed off to the point that its making him careless in addition to his usual ego?
    Exactly.

Is Gil gonna calm down at some point like in Chaos Theory? He got even more dangerous there after he got control of his temper.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    Is Gil gonna calm down at some point like in Chaos Theory? He got even more dangerous there after he got control of his temper.
    Probably, but Assassin has no intention of dying anytime soon, and he will have his own plans in place for Gil...

The enemy may have a missile, but we have... Doc Havoc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will Lupin's gang reunite?
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    marines are just kawaii meidos trapped in crew-cut heads

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Havoc View Post
    Will Lupin's gang reunite?
    Dude, hell yeah they will.

Speaking of Gil, there's a distinct lack of craters, blasts, and destruction when it comes to Gate of Babylon. And there's no way simple crates could stop Noble Phantasms fired from the Gate.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh trust me, all will be explained soon...
    Including the fact that Kiritsugu isn't taking steps against the apparent spy who's blowing through the defenses and wards? Or even just shooting at the owl that's outside his window?

Three words: Suspension of Disbelief.

all will be explained in due time. Please be patient.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    its the clash between cartoony lupin style and grimdark fate zero

i thought the same thing with gilgamesh, but im willing to believe lupins can pull off his magic in this case as long as it is not too out of nowhere

im looking forward to the next chapter

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    its the clash between cartoony lupin style and grimdark fate zero

i thought the same thing with gilgamesh, but im willing to believe lupins can pull off his magic in this case as long as it is not too out of nowhere

im looking forward to the next chapter
    Well the original manga by Monkey Punch and the new series, Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, are a lot darker from the first and second anime series. Wackiness is there, buts its also, as Zelgo put it, a psychedelic dark journey. Dark humor, killing, etc. were in the two versions of Lupin I mentioned above, and those versions are the ones in relying on mostly while also taking parts of the 'cartoony' Lupin everyone mostly knows.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    more

Re: The cartoony stuff

I'll just add to TheInfamousMan's comments that his version strikes a nice balance between the wackiness in (for instance) Castle of Cagliostro and the darkness in Mamo / Fujiko Mine.

I say this after giving some thought to it. I briefly considered a Lupin-as-Assassin crossover a while back (with Waver Velvet), and I would have used the darkest parts of Mamo and Fujiko Mine as models. Lupin would have tracked down the other Masters and eliminated them in a reasonably professional manner. Just like an Assassin should. Most of the humor would have been gallows humor.

This approach is much, MUCH better. It keeps Lupin's sense of fun.

Without his sense of fun, I would have alienated the people who knew Lupin from his second anime and Castle of Cagiliostro. I'm just glad that Kiiam helps me out when we shoot ideas, that way I can be sure not to make Lupin too dark or goofy(er) than required. Lupin will be both professional and silly, but whether the person he's facing has pissed him off enough to warrant him getting serious, that asshole's not going to live for long.

Without his sense of fun, I would have alienated the people who knew Lupin from his second anime and Castle of Cagiliostro.
    Yep. And besides, Lupin is a fun character. The guy lives in a crazier version of a James Bond universe. He might as well exploit his silly side in an otherwise far too serious War.

I'm just glad that Kiiam helps me out when we shoot ideas, that way I can be sure not to make Lupin too dark or goofy(er) than required. Lupin will be both professional and silly, but whether the person he's facing has pissed him off enough to warrant him getting serious, that asshole's not going to live for long.
    And this is a good dividing line to make. Fate/Zero has enough monsters that even Cagliostro fans will understand if Lupin gets serious with them.

I'm also thinking about doing a one-shot of how Jigen and Natalia first met. It will be like a Noir story, since Jigen's 'solo episode' didn't have a trace of humor in it and whatever laugh you did get was from him shooting a guy.

But right now its just in the planning stage.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The thing that interests me most in this story is Kotomine. How differently will he develop with the free wheeling Lupin around him as well as Gilgamesh. The Peacock escape scene hints that he may take a different path, and I'll love to see where it ends up.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.