Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35404344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: On Bittersweet being revealed as Crying Vegeta

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle CompositeGNFNR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaterjhonz View Post
    Like this thread is a circle
    Is this a circle like thread

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Derails inevitable with endless recursions.

BL is a synchrotron.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

I generally don't have a problem with the admins actions. You guys really don't like sockpuppets, fine. Dish out punishments accordingly. I don't care.

However you guys snooping through PMs to get your man is a very dangerous precedent. We already have one mod who has proven himself not trustworthy. Unless there was a significant threat to the forum or a legitmate threat to do someone harm, I wouldn't want you guys in my PM box ever. A potential sockpuppet is not a good enough reason in my book to violate the privacy of a handful of forumers. You guys potentially do more damage than leaving things well enough alone.
    Last edited by Muramasa; August 7th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    I generally don't have a problem with the admins actions. You guys really don't like sockpuppets, fine. Dish out punishments accordingly. I don't care.

However you guys snooping through PMs to get your man is a very dangerous precedent. We already have one mod who has proven himself not trustworthy. Unless there was a significant threat to the forum or a legitmate threat to do someone harm, I wouldn't want you guys in my PM box ever. A potential sockpuppet is not a good enough reason in my book to violate the privacy of a handful of forumers. You guys potentially do more damage than leaving things well enough alone.
    Spoiler: we're already in your inbox. We know about your fetishes.

You aren't safe.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    EDIT: that was probably funnier then most of my jokes, but in retrospect was kind of mean spirited.
    Last edited by Tobias; August 7th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    Damn, I laughed my way through reading half of the posts here.
    US Story Support:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Could always just share emails with your friends. Assuming no one here works for Yahoo, Google, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Spoiler: we're already in your inbox. We know about your fetishes.

You aren't safe.

NOOO!!! YOU BASTARDS!!! DON'T YOU DARE DIG UP MY SNORLAX x ASH 69 collec... *cough* I mean... *sweats* yeah....

But seriously, going through x amount of private messages over something as relatively harmless as a sockpuppet is really... Honestly I think that's worse than the actual offense.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Anyone taking my suggestion?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    EDIT: that was probably funnier then most of my jokes, but in retrospect was kind of mean spirited.
    Cautious of you. I thought it didn't even go near the line.
    (Activity Stream rescued the post for me).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Cautious of you. I thought it didn't even go near the line.
    (Activity Stream rescued the post for me).
    He isn't wrong to be worried about it. Hell, we are. My joke seemed in poor taste. Though his statement that sock puppeting was a relatively harmless caused me to grit my teeth so hard I think I cracked my jaw.

But, since I flat out refuse to have the same argument this thread has already seen 50 odd pages of (I browse 10 posts per page, edit that number accordingly) when I wouldn't be saying anything new, so I just figured walking away was the best choice
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Though his statement that sock puppeting was a relatively harmless caused me to grit my teeth so hard I think I cracked my jaw.
    Okay, maybe I went a little too far there. That makes light of a lot of hard work put forth by the mod team and for that I apologize. However the rest of what I said still stands.
    Last edited by Muramasa; August 7th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries

Yes, because it didn't take what in any other place would have already been proof enough for a ban to barely swing the vote in favor of looking through PMs. They go willy-nilly. In fact, they have commissioned special PM-combing bots to scan for dissident thought.

Crush all insurgents!

Blog Entries
    Okay, maybe I went a little too far there. That makes light of a lot of hard work put forth by the mod team and for that I apologize. However the rest of what I said still stands.
    I understand and respect your viewpoint. Ironically the decisions in this thread have a great deal to do with finding a way to combat sock puppeting without resorting to such measures.

on the principle that it would be better to allow them to continue, no. As to why I refer you back through this thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Yes, because it didn't take what in any other place would have already been proof enough for a ban to barely swing the vote in favor of looking through PMs.
    This is an interesting point. I suppose this is probably too close a look into the admin forum for us to get, but was there a set of people on the "let's not look through inboxes" side who were arguing for "we already have enough evidence, so in addition to it being something we'd prefer not to do, it's not even necessary"? People who would have gone straight to banning Bittersweet? (And, I suppose, would have ended up missing out on the Leo connection through none of their fault. One presumes Leo himself voted against looking through PMs).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    No. I don't think it will cost anything to say it straight out, we did not have evidence sufficient to ban CV. If the vote had gone the other way, he would still be around and we would still be gnawing an unprovable speculations that as it would turn out, were all to provable, but nobody felt the need to say anything.

Blog Entries
    Wow.

On the one hand, I'm grateful that the team has such a high standard for evidence. On the other ... yeah, I think that's too high.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PMs were always kind of open to the mods in the sense that the recipient only had to push one button for it to be seen by the mods, so you probably shouldn't use it for actually sensitive info in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    No. I don't think it will cost anything to say it straight out, we did not have evidence sufficient to ban CV. If the vote had gone the other way, he would still be around and we would still be gnawing an unprovable speculations that as it would turn out, were all to provable, but nobody felt the need to say anything.
    That's weird because I think he once logged in drunk as BS without proxy. Does he have a dynamic IP or something?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    I am not comfortable with discussing specifics of the check system. Sorry.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No problem.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute