Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: To Tame a Magus (FSN / Familiar of Zero)

Tell that to the rest of Halkegenia :V

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    forgot the rapist part
    He's not exactly going to advertise that part at first. Crossovers like to give her familiars with magic so she gets angry that they're more capable than her, but one who seems to be in the same boat, born to magic but unable to use it, would be either a reminder of her own problems or allow at least a bit of empathy.

Up until the rapist part pops up.

Blog Entries
    (I cannot believe I'm actually making this post. Sheesh).

OK, yeah, Shinji's a rapist (and has a pretty terrible personality generally). But it's not his occupation. He is not, at any given time, working out how to rape whatever girls he comes into contact with. Sakura gets raped because of Zōken's command, because of his deep-seated inferiority issues, because he really hates her, because of her magic, and because she doesn't have the capacity to stop him. Rin again brings out magic, inferiority, the fact that - contra most of the other girls - she sees him as an arrogant twerp and makes no bones of it, the fact that they're on opposite sides in a war, that someone just got killed next to him and it really could have been him, and that she's seemingly helpless.

This is not an apologia for Shinji's character or actions, let us be quite clear about that. But it is a request that you let him have his character at all. He has a potential to rape any given girl in this story, if they set him off in the right way; he's a severely twisted person. But don't assume that it will happen.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries

I can't believe I'm reading this.

Reading this.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    (I cannot believe I'm actually making this post. Sheesh).

OK, yeah, Shinji's a rapist (and has a pretty terrible personality generally). But it's not his occupation. He is not, at any given time, working out how to rape whatever girls he comes into contact with. Sakura gets raped because of Zōken's command, because of his deep-seated inferiority issues, because he really hates her, because of her magic, and because she doesn't have the capacity to stop him. Rin again brings out magic, inferiority, the fact that - contra most of the other girls - she sees him as an arrogant twerp and makes no bones of it, the fact that they're on opposite sides in a war, that someone just got killed next to him and it really could have been him, and that she's seemingly helpless.

This is not an apologia for Shinji's character or actions, let us be quite clear about that. But it is a request that you let him have his character at all. He has a potential to rape any given girl in this story, if they set him off in the right way; he's a severely twisted person. But don't assume that it will happen.
    Can't speak for anyone else, but whilst I personally think that you have a valid point, the problem is less in Shinji so much as in the setting itself.

ZNT is a world in which social status is determined by Magical Ability, and Shinji has just been place in a castle full of arrogant, self-entitled little twats that (assuming they act the way the did in canon) will be constantly reminding him that he is magicless, dismissing him as a 'mere commoner' and generally treating him with contempt. It's a scenerio in which he is almost certain to lose his shit.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else, but whilst I personally think that you have a valid point, the problem is less in Shinji so much as in the setting itself.

ZNT is a world in which social status is determined by Magical Ability, and Shinji has just been place in a castle full of arrogant, self-entitled little twats that (assuming they act the way the did in canon) will be constantly reminding him that he is magicless, dismissing him as a 'mere commoner' and generally treating him with contempt. It's a scenerio in which he is almost certain to lose his shit.
    And the nobles are more than capable of fucking his shit up. If he has ANY survival instinct, he is going to learn to swallow it. Louise will most assuredly hit him with three or four whippings when he gets out of line.

Blog Entries
    I admit when I saw this and saw it was Bloble I thought back to the Ryougi x Touko lemon and was kinda expecting S&M.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    all these people being booty bothered over saito being a shit-tier lower than wakame

feels bad man

this will be bloble's come-back
    Last edited by ZidanReign; August 4th, 2013 at 12:31 PM.

Well this is interesting.

I want to see where this goes seeing as it has potential for both Louise and Shinji to develop.

Having said that, I'm interested in seeing Shinji's reaction to Louise unlocking Void magic. Depending on how things have gone between them by then, it might just bring more conflict to the story, and I don't think Shinji will take it well. Though wait and see.

I'm also interested in Medusa's role in this story, and what ripples it might have on Brimiric faith if it became relevant at all.

Man of Wealth and Taste saintsant's Avatar
    Shinji is certainly a more interesting protagonist than Saito; frankly, all of the people hating on him incessantly in every story he appears in gets rather old. Seeing him get some development would be... nice, to say the least. He is not a good person, but he is far from the worst person to appear in a Type: Moon tale. The setting is going to be painful for him, though, because being abused by a magus of any caliber is going to go over very poorly. To compound matters, Louise's own troubles with magecraft are going to seem rather hollow to someone who possesses not even the slightest bit of magical talent. Hopefully being thrown into an unfamiliar environment where he's completely without allies can teach him some self-restraint. He's already a bastard, he just has to learn to be a magnificent bastard, or he'll die a premature and painful death.
    “All that I live for is to capture some fragment of this hidden and just unreachable beauty…There is somewhere, my fancy fabulises, a marvelous city of ancient streets and hills and gardens and marble terraces, wherein I once lived happy eternities, and to which I must return if ever I am to have content.” - H. P. Lovecraft, letter, 1927

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsant View Post
    Shinji is certainly a more interesting protagonist than Saito; frankly, all of the people hating on him incessantly in every story he appears in gets rather old. Seeing him get some development would be... nice, to say the least. He is not a good person, but he is far from the worst person to appear in a Type: Moon tale. The setting is going to be painful for him, though, because being abused by a magus of any caliber is going to go over very poorly. To compound matters, Louise's own troubles with magecraft are going to seem rather hollow to someone who possesses not even the slightest bit of magical talent. Hopefully being thrown into an unfamiliar environment where he's completely without allies can teach him some self-restraint. He's already a bastard, he just has to learn to be a magnificent bastard, or he'll die a premature and painful death.
    In the evil scale, sure he is bottom tier, compared to TATARI, roa, Night of Wallachia, SHIKI, etc. , still it does not makes him less hate worthy, i cheered whenever he go killed ever since i read he used to rape Sakura for the lulz.

Blog Entries
    Is it fun to just completely ignore a character's actual motivation?

I mean you're free to hate Shinji and he most likely deserves it, but at least hate him for real reasons.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shinji just wants to be special, like his lineage says he should be.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Sakura gets raped because of Zōken's command
    Seeeeeeeeeeikaaaaaaaaaaa ;_;

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Seeeeeeeeeeikaaaaaaaaaaa ;_;
    I can just imagine the Shinji in your avatar saying, "Idiot! I rape her with my own free will!"
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Seika's wisdom is like pure clean cleansing water to us unholy Beasts in the Lair.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Man of Wealth and Taste saintsant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    rape Sakura for the lulz.
    That's not quite an accurate assessment, sadly. He raped her because the rotten, twisted thing that used to be Zolgen Makiri told him to... and because he hated her. He hated her because she was stronger than him, because she didn't use her strength as he thought a magus should, because he mistook her pity for condescension, and because it made him feel like he had some actual power for once in his miserable life. The fact that he'd have been worm-food if he refused was probably a good incentive as well.
    Last edited by saintsant; August 4th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
    “All that I live for is to capture some fragment of this hidden and just unreachable beauty…There is somewhere, my fancy fabulises, a marvelous city of ancient streets and hills and gardens and marble terraces, wherein I once lived happy eternities, and to which I must return if ever I am to have content.” - H. P. Lovecraft, letter, 1927

Blog Entries
    because he mistook her pity for condescension
    Nononononono.

He mistook her pity for jack, he knew it was pity. That's what set him off. Distortion notes that he would have reacted better if she had ignored him or genuinely looked down on him like Zouken and his father did.

But because she pitied him, she kept reminding him of what he could have had and apologizing meant (to him) that she owed him something.

She pitied the air.
    She apologized.
    Though she never spoke the words aloud, she apologized every time she saw him.
    She apologized for taking Matou Shinji's place.

"Why are you apologizing?"

She could've just ignored him.
    Then he wouldn't have hated her, wouldn't have clung to hope.
    Sakura apologized.
    Apologizing means submitting something.
    Then

"Then you're mine from now on."

Last edited by Siriel; August 4th, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He raped her because the rotten, twisted thing that used to be Zolgen Makiri told him to...
    aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh okay look there's absolutely nothing in the game that says Zouken told Shinji anything of the sort. It seems more likely that he intentionally set up a situation in which Shinji would resent Sakura and take it out on her, but there was never a "hey Shinji, rape your sister for me pls"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    That's not quite an accurate assessment, sadly. He raped her because the rotten, twisted thing that used to be Zolgen Makiri told him to... and because he hated her. He hated her because she was stronger than him, because he mistook her pity for condescension, and because it made him feel like he had some actual power for once in his miserable life. The fact that he'd have been worm-food if he refused was probably a good incentive as well.
    It is still not justified and i am sure it was for the lulz, i recently finished heavens feel and there is one scene where Shinji orders Sakura to be on her knees and he unzips, and his dialogue had him be very 'happy' that Sakura was acting docile, the whole problem with Shinki is that he discovered magecraft by sheer accident, well maybe on the accident part, he stumbled upon the catacombs of the house and Zouken spilled the beans which began nuturing the hatred, not to mention shinji is most likely a woman basher (i am not sure but i think in Fate route or UBW there is mention of Shinji trying to hit sakura), which just helps to put him down further on my list of 'scum', his character was meant to be detested and it does a pretty good job, for a matter of fact i do not recall any event of the three routes where he either shows regret or makes any attempt to redeem himself, he just whines and whines about how is not fair.