Page 114 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1464104109112113114115116119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4285

Thread: Game of Thrones: The TV Series

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    I know that feel.

Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm odd, but out of ASOIAF franchise I enjoy most the CK2 mod.
    Last edited by Kat; April 23rd, 2015 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Maybe I'm odd, but out of ASOIAF franchise I enjoy most the CK2 mod.
    The CK2 mod is great.

Jon Snow got killed by Garlan in single combat in one of my playthroughs so I had to play as Sansa who was already married so I had work on assassinating my husband and children.

Then I married myself matrilineally to Harrion Karstark and proceeded to press my claim to the Riverlands and ROFLSTOMP the Freys.

Too bad Old Walder was already dead by then when I Rains of Castamere'd them.

It was tough work finding the other Freys that weren't at the Twins and killing them before I died.
    Last edited by Credit; April 24th, 2015 at 12:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    The fact that Jaime promises Bronn a better wife reminds me how I kill off his wife in playthrough and marry off to someone better. The first time I managed to marry Sansa and then my heir ended up inheriting the one county Bronn got from his first wife AND The North after Mannis killed Boltons.

Stark dynasty is dead, long live Blackwaters, Wardens of the North.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    I'd follow em.

Blog Entries
    I'm still convinced it was all in Littlefinger's keikaku. I mean, he ended up in that playthrough assuming complete control over Riverlands. Controlling a major region even under a King of Iron Throne (all hail Mannis) is a good outcome.

Can't wait for today's episode to destroy my book series again. ;-;

I'm guessing Arya won't be eating anyone's graveworm today.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Sadly the Faceless Men aren't great as shown. The scenes aren't boring or anything, but even Jaquen can't make average events into inspired.

Sparrow's worked well. I'd have gone with a sterner actor, but I think he does fine.

There's an incredible amount of tension and build up lacking in Jon's story. Like the plot their is probably the best this season but it's so bizarre how they're trying to rush their best storyline.

And LF and Sansa's new storyline still doesn't make sense. At the very least they're trying to throw some justifications.

And goddamn Saint Tyrion makes a return.
    Last edited by Credit; April 27th, 2015 at 12:09 AM.

Banned
    Tyrion who is exactly the same but with the garbage writing cut out you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    Tyrion who is exactly the same but with the garbage writing cut out you mean.
    No he's not.

Book Tyrion is kind of a villain. I mean he literally rapes that sex slave, barfs, thinks it's wrong what he did and then rapes her again anyways. TV Tyrion plays pick up artist with her and then realizing that she's a sex slave shows us how noble he is by turning her down.

pls reconcile those
    Last edited by Credit; April 27th, 2015 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    He doesn't do it with the hooker because he's got Shae on the brain and no longer particularly wants to be buried in prostitutes anymore.

The garbage writing removed here being all that time he spends in Dance being entirely boring and shitty.

He doesn't do it with the hooker because he's got Shae on the brain and no longer particularly wants to be buried in prostitutes anymore.
    Yeah, see that's not the same person he is ADWD. I win. :3

How is he not even more boring here? At least in the books he had YG's group to interact with, the mystery behind who they are and manipulating Aegon into attacking Westeros.

Here, he's locked in a carriage with Varys doing........nothing.
    Last edited by Credit; April 27th, 2015 at 01:26 AM.

Banned
    I said he was the same without the shitty parts. As everything about Dance Tyrion is shit, I stand by that. Here he has Varys to talk to, who is someone we have a reason to give a shit about unlike the two bit newcomers that are the Griffs. Maybe they'll become interesting in Winds, but as Winds isn't coming out this will remain a mystery.

I said he was the same without the shitty parts. As everything about Dance Tyrion is shit, I stand by that. Here he has Varys to talk to, who is someone we have a reason to give a shit about unlike the two bit newcomers that are the Griffs. Maybe they'll become interesting in Winds, but as Winds isn't coming out this will remain a mystery.
    That's not the same at all. It's a nonsensical phrase since they didn't even get the core of who Tyrion is right. Book Tyrion has always been a twisted, gray person gradually getting darker. TV Tyrion is just a.....saint that's in a depressive phase with all his noble tendencies still intact.

What did you hate about Tyrion's arc? I mean I'll admit his slave arc was boring when I first read it but they're still doing that in the show.

They're actually skipping the best part of his ADWD story to get to his slave arc.

JonCon's plenty interesting. YG is still up in the air but it's their plot that's more interesting. TV Varys got stuck with an awful plan. sighs
    Last edited by Credit; April 27th, 2015 at 01:38 AM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

^God-level.

I'll never get Marillion being Link out of my head until the day I die.

Banned
    They're both sideshows we have no reason to care about because they've entered at the 10th hour and will be dead by the 11th. They're fat and they've been trimmed.

I hated every part of Tyrion's Dance story because it took a previously entertaining character and cut everything entertaining about him in favor of him talking to tertiary assholes like Connington and the Prince and wallowing in at times literal shit. It is my dearest hope that Jorah actually succeeds in taking him to Dany in the show.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a funny comic

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

They're both sideshows we have no reason to care about because they've entered at the 10th hour and will be dead by the 11th. They're fat and they've been trimmed.

I hated every part of Tyrion's Dance story because it took a previously entertaining character and cut everything entertaining about him in favor of him talking to tertiary assholes like Connington and the Prince and wallowing in at times literal shit. It is my dearest hope that Jorah actually succeeds in taking him to Dany in the show.
    I don't think they're supposed to be sideshows. The second book was supposed to be called a Dance with Dragons which was a war between Targaryens and Aegon's been foreshadowed since the actual second book.

And their role hasn't been trimmed. It's been given to Myrcella and Trystane.

She's still going to fly off on Drogon, ya know.