Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Without

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle

The World Without

Seriously? Nobody bother to make a thread for "The World Without"? I would have thought that at least somebody would have made one by now. Also if you didn't know, the story got updated last week.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5282769/1/The-World-Without
    "But do not misunderstand. The superhero you are being is no more than a cleaner. Know that the only people you can save like that are the ones that survive." - Archer

Never could get into it.

Blog Entries
    It's one of my favorite fics, so much that I volunteered to be a beta of it for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a little more Sakura-centric than I normally prefer, but I still enjoy it immensely.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I've actually never read it, though I saw it on the TVTropes recommendation page for FSN fanfiction.

Freelance philosopher. Full-time grouch. Lunaludus Scribex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
    Seriously? Nobody bother to make a thread for "The World Without"? I would have thought that at least somebody would have made one by now.
    As far as I can tell (being more or less a lurker, I can't say for certain) these threads are usually created by the authors themselves to post story parts within the thread. I never saw much point in creating a thread just to post a link to FFN every time a new chapter came out.

As long as the thread's here now, though, I'll answer any questions about TWW people might have.

*cue crickets chirping*

Blog Entries
    Well, I did create a story thread for From Fake Dreams. But that was with the author's permission to do so, and he was obviously willing to post about the story and other such things. Though that was largely a discussion thread, if I remember right, with a few occasional "Hey guys, the story updated" posts thrown in every time a new chapter went up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaludus Scribex View Post
    As far as I can tell (being more or less a lurker, I can't say for certain) these threads are usually created by the authors themselves to post story parts within the thread. I never saw much point in creating a thread just to post a link to FFN every time a new chapter came out.

As long as the thread's here now, though, I'll answer any questions about TWW people might have.

*cue crickets chirping*
    What was the inspiration that you had to remove the 'main hero' from the story? How are you enjoying writing your work?

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Well, I did create a story thread for From Fake Dreams. But that was with the author's permission to do so, and he was obviously willing to post about the story and other such things. Though that was largely a discussion thread, if I remember right, with a few occasional "Hey guys, the story updated" posts thrown in every time a new chapter went up.
    Quite a significant percentage of BL flames Third Fang's FFD. I must admit, it feels both technically lacking and stylistically unrefined, as well as revealing the author's rather incomplete understanding of the Nasuverse.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Damn it, if only still had the Illya images involving heads

Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    What was the inspiration that you had to remove the 'main hero' from the story?
    Removing Shirou was a means to an end. The original idea was to pair up an uncorrupted Sakura and Saber as Master and Servant, and doing it as a continuation from the first bad end was the most realistic method I could find.

The inspiration for that pairing was a similarity between the two I noticed during my first playthrough of the VN. It's explicitly stated in the Fate epilogue that King Arthur never smiled--and during Heaven's Feel, Rin tells Shirou that outside of his presence, Sakura never smiles, either. (I tried to bring up this point in Chapter X. Unfortunately, I kind of went overboard. )

That was where it started. Once I had Sakura/Saber and how to get to it, things snowballed from there.

How are you enjoying writing your work?
    I enjoy it. I'm a very slow writer (which drives me up a wall at times) but I have the entire story plotted out, and there are scenes and lines I'm very much looking forward to writing, which helps me push through the harder patches.

Blog Entries
    Okay, one thing I have been dying to ask is, how did the Archer part factor into it?

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Okay, one thing I have been dying to ask is, how did the Archer part factor into it?
    Which Archer part?

He wears a lot of different hats in this story. He's one of the main movers of the plot, and he plays a key role in the resolution.

The sex is a part of the latter, and while I can't say too much without getting into explicit spoilers...take a very close look at Sakura's dream from the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaludus Scribex View Post

*cue crickets chirping*
    Before I begin my inquries to you I would like to appologize for making this thread without your permission.

1) Caster should have known that the church wasn't a neutral ground and that a master is there (Kirei). Why did she not attack the church?

2) I would think that the Tohsaka's ward would have slowed or at least sent a red flag to Rin about an intrusion from Rider yet Archer had no response than you're awake? What happened? Shouldn't a long distance spiritual attack at least triger some kind of response from the wards?

3) Isn't Ayako in Rider's good graces? Why would Rider drain Ayako right after she survived Bloodfort? Wouldn't it be beter to let her recover a bit before draining her?
    "But do not misunderstand. The superhero you are being is no more than a cleaner. Know that the only people you can save like that are the ones that survive." - Archer

Before I begin my inquries to you I would like to appologize for making this thread without your permission.

1) Caster should have known that the church wasn't a neutral ground and that a master is there (Kirei). Why did she not attack the church?

2) I would think that the Tohsaka's ward would have slowed or at least sent a red flag to Rin about an intrusion from Rider yet Archer had no response than you're awake? What happened? Shouldn't a long distance spiritual attack at least triger some kind of response from the wards?

3) Isn't Ayako in Rider's good graces? Why would Rider drain Ayako right after she survived Bloodfort? Wouldn't it be beter to let her recover a bit before draining her?
    No worries about the thread. I don't mind.

1) Whether she should have known about Kirei or not, going by UBW, Caster didn't. She attacked Kirei, but didn't make sure that he was dead (or at least take care of his CS), which suggests to me that she had no idea he was Lancer's Master. She still doesn't know now in-story, because Lancer hasn't gotten around to telling her yet.

2) I'm doing a lot of hand-waving with Rider's dreamworks here. It seems to be very subtle, and does not seem to register as hostile activity, given that it didn't set off the wards in Shirou's house in canon. However she managed it, it got through Rin's wards here, as well (and inflicted a drain almost identical to what Ayako was already suffering from, so that no one would notice unless they looked closely). Archer was surprised because even without Rider coming back for a snack, neither he nor Rin expected Ayako to already be awake.

3) You assume that draining her was Rider's only objective. Rider has her own plans for Ayako, and given that Ayako was already in a place where she could easily recover--and that Rider was being very careful not to take too much, and made a point of mentioning this to her--this was as good a time as any to start.

2) I guess if that is the case.... It's just that Rider never struck me as an assasin. Ambush? Yes. Backstab? Yes. Complete bypass of a fortfied position without raising an alarm? No.

Shirou is still alive in the sense that he hasn't passed on. What is your intention for him?

Shirou is still alive in the sense that he hasn't passed on. What is your intention for him?
    Something impossible, under any other circumstances.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This fic ranks up with "Chaos Theory" and "Ever Illusive Utopia" when it comes to great F/SN fics.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Topic led me to rereading it. Still quite good after all this time.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just marathoned it last night. I am very impressed. More, please?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Just marathoned it last night. I am very impressed. More, please?

(... though I hope to see a new chapter before 2016.)
    Attached Images Attached Images