Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The World Without

Blog Entries
    ... So the impression I'm getting is I should probably give this fic a chance? I wasn't too sure since Sakura seemed to have such a major role in the story.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Major, yes - exclusive, no. You get as much of Rin or Archer's viewpoint, and even Ilya's, as you do of Sakura's. It's just that a lot of events are affected by her participation in the War.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Also get ready for some squick and a ton of Shirou abuse. Justified, mind you. But WHAM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    ... So the impression I'm getting is I should probably give this fic a chance? I wasn't too sure since Sakura seemed to have such a major role in the story.
    What a hater.

I've found some of the better FSN fiction often grants her a significant role in the story, rather than delegating her to a side character. YMMV.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I'm neutral on Sakura, I just find that if she's not handled properly and she's given a major role it grates on my nerves a bit. I might give this a shot, though, since it seems to well liked.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Eh, I'm neutral on Sakura, I just find that if she's not handled properly and she's given a major role it grates on my nerves a bit. I might give this a shot, though, since it seems to well liked.
    Elf was a beta for a few of the chapters out of her own volition. That should count for something, right?
    "But do not misunderstand. The superhero you are being is no more than a cleaner. Know that the only people you can save like that are the ones that survive." - Archer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
    Elf was a beta for a few of the chapters out of her own volition. That should count for something, right?
    This. This.

It's good. Yes, Sakura is a major part, but it's a well written Sakura.

Not to mention it's Sakura with Saber. Plus there is yuri too.

Note- It wasn't grammar betaing I was doing more like, is it possible for X to Happen.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

So I have a question...

Should I expect Terminator Shirou to show up? (made of swords indeed...)

Overall despite my not liking Sakura as much as other characters, I found this fic very enjoyable. In fact I found this story has raised my opinion of her considerably.

Plus it includes the super secret hidden Ilya route! (Still wince when I read those scenes. o_O)

Freelance philosopher. Full-time grouch. Lunaludus Scribex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNinja View Post
    So I have a question...

Should I expect Terminator Shirou to show up? (made of swords indeed...)
    This question can only be answered with a definitive, emphatic...

...shrug.

He still has a role to play, yes, but I'm loath to give any spoilers about that beyond the hints in the story proper.

Blog Entries
    I very much enjoy this fanfic, and I really like

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaludus Scribex View Post
    I enjoy it. I'm a very slow writer (which drives me up a wall at times) but I have the entire story plotted out, and there are scenes and lines I'm very much looking forward to writing, which helps me push through the harder patches.
    this. I can't help but feel the same way about writing my own fanfic, and only nowadays am I realizing that actually writing it out is far more enthralling than just having certain scenes run through multiple times in my head.

I was very happy to see that an update was posted recently, and glad to see you here too! The World Without is one of the fanfics that I reread from time to time, as it is in a level of quality that I aspire to and an enduring piece of entertainment.

Why did you choose to kill off Shinji the way you did? I did like that he got what was coming to him but I would have preferred a more painful and ironic approach. Like getting burnt to a crisp from inside out by an artificial circuit. I think it would have been possible for Caster to create and implant an artificial circuit into Shinji.
    "But do not misunderstand. The superhero you are being is no more than a cleaner. Know that the only people you can save like that are the ones that survive." - Archer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Not to mention it's Sakura with Saber. Plus there is yuri too.
    ... Is it Sakura/Saber yuri?

Yes.

Blog Entries
    ... I may start giving this a look after all, then. Sakura/Saber is so hard to find, which makes me sad considering who their Japanese VAs are.

Blog Entries
    Yep, and it is delicious. Saber is protective dragon.

There's also some AyakoxRin hints too. And AyakoxRider too.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaludus Scribex View Post
    As far as I can tell (being more or less a lurker, I can't say for certain) these threads are usually created by the authors themselves to post story parts within the thread. I never saw much point in creating a thread just to post a link to FFN every time a new chapter came out.

As long as the thread's here now, though, I'll answer any questions about TWW people might have.

*cue crickets chirping*
    Just cut and paste the whole chapter here each time. I usually read the stories here. Otherwise it's too much work to go fishing around the rest of the internet for random stories.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    So I was GOING to take the opportunity to give an opinion or two on this fic, bitch about some issues, compliment teh awesome, and ask whether or not this actually counts as yuri. I felt like Saber/Sakura got pretty well sunk there in ch. 13, but fortunately, general consensus seems to disagree (since I'd just gotten sold on that ship).

....but apparently my living in the mountains for a few months caused me to miss an update so I'm gonna go marathon this story again and THEN post here.

Also hahahaha I'm posting on the same thread as Radiant for the first time. This makes my geeky little heart very happy. Praise the internet.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Hadn't realized this had updated twice since I last read it. Now if that Saber Alter one would be updated.

Blog Entries
    I'll have to start marathoning this fic, now that I'm done with my internship. Gonna put it on my to do list. Good FSN fanfiction outside of BL is always nice to find.

Freelance philosopher. Full-time grouch. Lunaludus Scribex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
    Why did you choose to kill off Shinji the way you did? I did like that he got what was coming to him but I would have preferred a more painful and ironic approach. Like getting burnt to a crisp from inside out by an artificial circuit. I think it would have been possible for Caster to create and implant an artificial circuit into Shinji.
    You're dwelling too much on physical pain, I think. The one thing that struck me about his deaths in canon was how quick they were--he barely saw Berserker before he went splat in Fate, and he never even realized he was dead when Sakura offed him in Heaven's Feel.

For his death in this fic, I was more interested in emotional pain. I wanted him to see it coming (well, in a matter of speaking) have a chance to dwell on it for a moment, and completely break down before his life ended.