Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier : Discussion and Video Walkthrough

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    You know... if Reiji used his magic in real life... and ripped the other contestants to pieces and sunk them into the sea with cement... would they still survive? I think even Magi would have trouble if they get put through a wood chipper or incinerator and scattered on the wind. It works on vampires and other demi-immortals.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Translation Aggregator:

-WWWJDIC is good
    -Honyaku is okay
    -rest is shit

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    She still remembers Kengo....

:')
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    She still remembers Kengo....

:')
    I had the same reaction. I was thinking small miracles are good too.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Kengo = Brofisted to death.

And that was the way he was meant to go.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveonder View Post
    @Mellon, First, Thanks. I'm taking a look at TA and its plugins and it looks great. It looks at lot more useful than the Japanese learning material I have, which will take years to pay off, lol. I've watched enough anime for voices to be somewhat helpful though I'm worried about the info dump parts. I'll test it out after I DL Fortissimo.
    And then, sounds like a great RP. It would require some work on part of the RPers to research Norse mythology but sounds good overall. Perhaps the gods have different sets of memories influenced by modern myth (FSN)?
    Naah, it probably wouldn't need in depth research into the mythology. I am giving a rather "free" interpretation of the gods and their abilities. They still need to make sense thematically, but really would not have to be the same as in the myths (e.g Odin would not have to have Gungnir, but could also have some unnamed original ability based on smaller myths or if it makes sense considering his "portfolio of divinity"). Maa, the gods would be chosen beforehand though (kinda like class containers in FSN), so that we wouldn't have a lot of overlap. There would be no point in having 3 Sun Gods and 4 War Gods running around.

And about the TA, you're welcome.

You know... if Reiji used his magic in real life... and ripped the other contestants to pieces and sunk them into the sea with cement... would they still survive? I think even Magi would have trouble if they get put through a wood chipper or incinerator and scattered on the wind. It works on vampires and other demi-immortals.
    Naah, I think it is even mentioned in the novel that if the opponent does not take out their Magical Weapon, then you really have no way of killing them (though due to the circumstances, they are going to have to anyway). They would regenerate even from a direct hit from Laevateinn (which would probably count as vaporization), if their weapons were intact.

In that case, it is pretty much full on immortality.

That brings up two issues.
    Doesn't that mean you can't lose so long as you don't take out your magic weapon? Your physical form should have at least some vulnerability. Or is there another rule at work to prevent that?
    And even if they're immortal, other than Reiji, it seems healing from fatal wounds requires time. Ripping enemies to pieces before Eyespace activates would be a valid tactic if you're actually looking to kill someone. Of course, I'm only thinking of this because I want to see Jin ripped apart but still.

Blog Entries
    That brings up two issues.
    Doesn't that mean you can't lose so long as you don't take out your magic weapon? Your physical form should have at least some vulnerability. Or is there another rule at work to prevent that? And even if they're immortal, other than Reiji, it seems healing from fatal wounds requires time. Ripping enemies to pieces before Eyespace activates would be a valid tactic if you're actually looking to kill someone. Of course, I'm only thinking of this because I want to see Jin ripped apart but still.
    Yes. But you cant win either and since no-one is willing to kill all the other people in the island, just so that they "would survive" (or because they want to win), this is a non-issue. A fight is going to start either way in the end. And avoiding fights means that your opponents get more and more powerful (they get the magical energy of the defeated).

Healing deadly wounds takes time, but it isn't fatal. You can rip someone to shreds, but if you leave their magical weapon intact they will regenerate over time. An extremely unpleasant experience, but still manageable. They will probably be back in a couple of days/a week.

And since no-one can take out their magical weapons outside of Eyespace (besides Reji), means that they cant be killed outside of Eyespace.

Reiji has the perfect magic to sabotage all the other contestants too. They can't use magic outside Eyespace. He can deal fatal wounds and decrease both their physical and mental state while healing himself as much as he wants. I still think he should surgically dissect Jin after amputating him to disadvantage the annoying guy. Jin reminds me of the worst in both Gil and Shinji. I mean if he were like Shinji then it would be okay but he crazy. Now I should start installing Fortissimo since it finished downloading, lol.

Blog Entries
    Reiji has the perfect magic to sabotage all the other contestants too. They can't use magic outside Eyespace. He can deal fatal wounds and decrease both their physical and mental state while healing himself as much as he wants. I still think he should surgically dissect Jin after amputating him to disadvantage the annoying guy. Jin reminds me of the worst in both Gil and Shinji. I mean if he were like Shinji then it would be okay but he crazy. Now I should start installing Fortissimo since it finished downloading, lol.
    Wouldn't work. Sure the others cant pull out their Magical Weapons in the real world, but Jin can easily call up Eyespace whenever he likes and then proceed to fight as usual. And he is pretty broken anyway (definitely more broken then either Reji or Sakura at this point).

Or just chill out in Isabel as Reji tries to find him.

Woah, he controls the activation of eyespace? That's pretty hax. This is why GMs shouldn't be allowed to participate, lol.

Blog Entries
    Woah, he controls the activation of eyespace? That's pretty hax. This is why GMs shouldn't be allowed to participate, lol.
    Why do you think that the first activation was so.... conveniently timed? Just when Momiji confessed?

All Jin.

That Coward! But I don't think he intended to drag Reiji along, lol.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nah, Reiji was completely unexpected; Jin just wanted Momiji to realize she couldn't have love; it went even better for him when Reiji turned out to be a mage, since Momiji went into despair-emo mode.

Also, from what I gathered, you can still take damage and die without having your magical weapon broken, and it's something I need to correct on the earlier vids explaining it. Most of the time the weapon is destroyed and therefore the autowin, but they can still be killed. They just can't be harmed by anything other than magical weapons.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Nah, Reiji was completely unexpected; Jin just wanted Momiji to realize she couldn't have love; it went even better for him when Reiji turned out to be a mage, since Momiji went into despair-emo mode.

Also, from what I gathered, you can still take damage and die without having your magical weapon broken, and it's something I need to correct on the earlier vids explaining it. Most of the time the weapon is destroyed and therefore the autowin, but they can still be killed. They just can't be harmed by anything other than magical weapons.
    I am pretty sure that they said that you cant be "killed" unless you bring out your magic weapon, either in the:

Spoiler:
    Momiji VS Sayuki 2-nd fight or Reji VS Momiji fight (or somewhere near those scenes)

You can still be damaged, but you wont "die". Reji can just remove the physical wounds with relative ease, removing the regen time altogether.

Blog Entries
    Well, those are true, but than I remember a few prime examples of winning without destroying the magical weapon...

Spoiler
    Best example is Odin killing Ichigo with Gungnir, but there's also Nagisa completely running out of magic and disappearing; also Ryuichi nails Sanada with Thor's Hammer, and than him again hitting Valkyrie with Thor's Hammer: Full Access

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Well, those are true, but than I remember a few prime examples of winning without destroying the magical weapon...
    Spoiler:
    Ichigo didn't have a Magical Weapon to start with, I think. Endless Banish was something of a strange ability, rather then a magical item. And she wasn't a participant to start with. Thors Hammer is a huge Myth-Class Sorcery, almost the size of Laevateinn. I am pretty sure that it would have destroyed the entire weapon as well. In Sanadas case, I am pretty sure that he had the "Joker" card which he needed to keep on producing Mistelteinn on his person and Valkyrie focused her entire weapon to use Dainsleif to counter Thors Hammer.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler
    Well, than a better example is when Valkyrie kills Jin, since she basically just cut him to pieces and either he never even got his weapon out or she ignored it and did him in anyhow. The main reason I bring it up is because of the earlier speech Reiji has with Sakura when she first shows up, saying that if his HP hits 0 before he can use Da Capo, it doesn't matter if his MP was 0 or not; therefore I took away that it is possible to die via direct damage.

Also, I think that Full Access was faster than Dainsleif from what I remember seeing, the effects were just delayed or something. I may have to go back and reread that point.

Since FSN is a good comparision point in almost every point here, let's say that the magical weapon is a Servant, and a mage is a Master.
    ...Well, hard to use that as a direct term since both mages and magical weapons are hard to destroy/kill, but it gives you the point of two targets.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Ironically it took me more effort to install Systran than everything else combined due to vista not supporting .net framework 1.1

Anyone want to donate a name list in a nice PM? /lazy after spending 2 hours setting everything up but it was so worth it. By the way, I'm highly appreciative of your editing at this point Kratos. Though it's much better than expected interpreting the parts without voice is hard.

edit: I didn't think much of it at first but Systran timing out after the first 10 seconds or so is annoying since I can't cross reference fast enough, is it supposed to do that?
    Last edited by Eveonder; May 10th, 2011 at 12:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well, even though this Scene is a short one, I was really tired all day so I only got on it a little while ago. So, here's Scene 28 for you all.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler: