Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier : Discussion and Video Walkthrough

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Truthfully, I'm not sure why Sayuki regained her senses so fast. I guess to try and make a plot point of something, but it definitely is a major plot hole.

As for her not using Fluegel Blitz to just instantly end it, the technique is an evasive maneuver for her, not an offensive one. Even if it was, until the end she was still unsure of Momiji's ability, so she couldn't be completely careless when using it.

As for the possibility of two (or more) people dying in Eyespace, yes it is possible, if said people die at nearly the same time/have their magical weapons destroyed.

And of course having Sakura be a girl is cliche, but that's how it goes. HEHE
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Thought they shoot beamu at speed of light, not move. Since Sayuki remarks they only hit in straight lines, which is something beamu do. But seriously, point blank shots would make the battle a lot easier.

Judging from the opening, the romance is only with Sakura, amirite?

and yeah, that is pretty cliche.

Kenjo better not die, sorry KratosIrving but of all the characters there the one I would be the most okay with dying is Momiji (or the protag but like hell that is happening).

Blog Entries
    Heheh, no offense taken, I completely understand.

Also, about what Jin said at the beginning of Scene 19...He admits that the power of that blast exceeds his own power, but he's still not concerned. In other words, he's sure that he can handle Reiji. Don't count Jin out yet, my friend, hehehe.

As for romance, it is kind of obvious that Sakura is in the mix, but it's not that simple. Why do you think Reiji thought of Miki when he thought he was going to lose his loved ones in the flashback in Scene 18?

As with Kengo...Well, we'll just have to wait and see won't we? Bro is bro though, mos def.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Not an update everyone, but I figured I should post just in case some people were wondering why I hadn't thrown up Scene 20 yet.

I'll be honest, it's a complete bitch. In my opinion, this scene should have been chopped in two and been two separate scenes, but I can't pick and choose everything. I've got 3 nearly full 15-minute Parts already recorded and ready to throw on YT, but there's 4 more Parts to do, and while I'm not quite sure on their time length, I'm pretty sure most of them will be near the 15 minute limit as well.

It's a huge block of time, but I hope to have all of it sometime later tonight, or early tomorrow since I have both of these days off.

Also, like I said, since this scene is basically two large scenes in one, I can throw up what I consider the first half right now, if anyone's interested. A good amount of talk with a some fighting, and blarfiness abounds, for those wondering about the content.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Do what you need to do man, I will read (watch) it when you post it.

"blarfiness"

Blog Entries
    Heh, blarf is pretty much a word I made up for when I want to "shrug" or whatever. Basically, a filler word.

And I've decided I'll go ahead and throw up what I have. Parts 1-3 of Scene 20, coming at you!

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

So what is up with these girls and there posture, it looks almost identical at times how they tilt their heads and arc their backs.
    Also the fun never stops does it, introduced to 5 mages via combat without a break. It is like that one scene in Fate/Zero where all the Servants except Archer and Berserker are like "Screw the rules we have honor! Let us all reveal our identity to each other in a defiance of common sense."

Edit: how could I forget Sakura going "Master, Master!" and Kengo's SIX SIX SIX knives. This game is just so subtle. On a more serious note the writer likes quote marks for individual words a lot.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that quote thing is a bit annoying to try and keep up with, although some are actually relevant and important to current or future events, so those I'll end up using quotations for still. However, if it becomes really redundant, than I'll stop using them.

Also, as far as the posture thing goes, it's probably to keep the size of the whole thing as low as it can be, although I'm not 100% sure.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, now that I have actually finished the entire thing (actually I finished a while back, but have been busy for a couple of days), I can say a couple of non-spoiler things about Fortissimo (at least from my PoV) in general.

First of all, I felt that the last part of the game, the "true" route, was definitely weaker then the stuff that led up to that point and a few really brilliant plot points were discarded to get EXA out as fast as possible (since the original Fortissimo ended rather jarringly and if what I hear about the ending point is real, then I can really understand the dissatisfaction of the original customers). There are certainly a couple of plot points which completely seem like quick retcons.

At times, the end definitely felt slightly rushed. And the clichestorm became quite ridiculous at the final battle, but that is another thing altogether.

On the flip side, the characters were awesome (and some scenes definitely evoked actual emotion towards the characters) and Reji was (imo) a pretty awesome protagonist. The CG flashes and battles were well made and Fortissimo doesn't even try to hide the fact that it is pretty much a full on shonen VN and just goes with it, resulting in a VN that feels... a rather strange mixture of nostalgia and freshness.

All in all, the novel was quite a mixed bag, but I liked it anyway. I just wish that the EXA scenario would have matched up to the original Fortissimo one.

EDIT: Since I got into this whole "machine translation gaming" business, I will probably try 11eyes and Ludesia Spidering with Scraping next (which were supposed to be pretty good action VNs).

Blog Entries
    I haven't tried 11Eyes myself yet, but I heard it is supposed to be pretty good.

Although, personally I didn't find the final part of EXA to be disappointing. All I can say is thank GOD I didn't play through the original game, with it's abrupt stopping of story that was apparently comparable to the ending of the Sopranos.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I just felt that there would have been so much more potential there instead of what was, lets be honest, a pretty cookie-cutter standard "final boss" fight. Parts of the EXA scenario were definitely good, its just that there was potential for so much more with that final battle and the ending scenario in general.

Huge spoilers:

Spoiler:
    For instance I loved the Miki/Sakura romance subplot and the Nagisa VS Sakura fight. But I cant help but feel that the VN would have been much more awesome if one of the "six friends" (or even Reji) actually was Odin. As Odin was now, it feels like they wanted to make a sequel, but then found that they couldn't. Cue massive coveruping to tie up all the loose ends.

Maybe it was me, but I was pretty sure that the prologue referred to Reji and Sakura (instead of Odin and the other one), since I think it even referred to "two souls in one" and it was Rejis VA speaking in that scene.

Dont get me wrong, I loved Fortissimo, but I cant help but feel that a great opportunity was missed here.

Sure hoping for a 18+ ver with different character routes and endings. You know its bound to happen eventually. =P
    Last edited by Mellon; May 4th, 2011 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Sure hoping for a 18+ ver with different character routes and endings. You know its bound to happen eventually. =P
    Heh, considering that one of the companies that produced it was CIRCUS, there's a good shot we'd get a crap ton of extra VN's out of this.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Damn, now I have got a really awesome idea for a Fortissimo inspired RP, but I have nowhere enough time to actually GM it (since I am already stretched thin as it is). Sigh.

Blog Entries
    Heheh, I wouldn't be able to do it either, since most of my spare time is committed to doing this Video Walkthrough for a while now. I have the unfortunate circumstance where I don't have much free time, and the time I do have I rarely can spend hanging out with friends, so I need something to occupy my time and stay out of trouble.

This does it quite nicely.

On a side note, after I finish getting this next part snipped together and subbed, I'll throw up 3 more parts, and than I'll be only 2-3 parts away from FINALLY finishing this horrendously long Scene.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Ok, time for the next 3 videos of Scene 20, Parts 4, 5A and 5B. In this package you'll get your first look at the status screens, (to which I'll make seperate vids after this scene in over, for the ones that are up since I said I would do it for their appearances, with the exception of one person) a little more talking, the 2nd Dead End, and finally the fight against Kirisaki Kengo you've all been wanting.

...Well, most of it anyway. I'll conclude it when I get the rest of this finished.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Dual post here, but it's worth it, because of how awesome this is. It's part 1 of 2 of the next update here, but I have to share it here because it's fucking epic.

I introduce you to...The BROfight!

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Nero apocalypse

At this point you just have to consider it an affectionate send up.
    Also what be up with Kenjo's theme song? It sounds like Rammstein.

Also I believe the non ero version of the first 11eyes already has a translation patch so you don't have to use Atlas
    been waiting to be less busy to try it.

Blog Entries
    Heh, it's not really Kengo's battle theme, it's just a standard heavy metal battle theme, you'll hear it a few more times.

Also, Nero Apocalypse = poor man's GoB.

And, don't miss out on the BROfight!

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

And then there are songs that sound ripped straight from a doujin soundtrack, not bad but a little odd.
    Also if he uses his power to restore Kenjo without his magic weapon I would be so happy.