Page 1217 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 21771711171167120712121215121612171218121912221227 ... LastLast
Results 24,321 to 24,340 of 24566

Thread: Fate/Regalia Discussion

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Proposal:

Once the Firebrand Module is done and balance concerns have been hammered out, we should make a list on alphabetical order for people to talk, one by one, with Verg regarding their sheets and changes needed, since I assume a lot of people would want to know how custom stuff they may have works now, and whatnot. That way everyone gets their time to work things out in a satisfactory manner and Verg doesn't get piled up with a metric ton of PMs.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I am in support of that. I am fine if someone wants to go earlier, but a formal list of who is the focus and who is handled sounds good. Could be random draw or whatever, though I think the list should be public for sure. I don't want Verg to be overwhelmed by all the people.

Realized through discussion that I maybe misunderstanding DMA is it like getting five points to combine to get effects like one C and one D or something else like for each rank you buy you get an ability of that rank ie at the full purchase you have an E rank ability a D rank a C rank a B rank and a A rank one?

US Friend Code
    *blows dust off a 2 yr old half done post*

Ahhhhhh, finally did SOMETHING, not much, but the boy is back in town
    PaD NA ID: GameManDan (318,600,328)Rank: 530Main: Savior Lightning, Shirou, and whatever flavor of the monthWorking: plus farming for days

Blog Entries
    So ugh.

did this ever get understandable again

i have been lost for weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    now were in various stages of being confused
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Ok thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So those are a few ideas or suggestions I thought up during these days:

First, regarding the Master factions and such, I noted before that with the new system, pretty much all stats are somewhat important for all factions (PRA checks will and can still fuck you over if you're not a magi, after all). This, however, does raise some concerns regarding balancing, as some factions now start with an extra 2, 5 or more MP. If all factions started with 15 MP I think it'd be alright, but as they don't, the basic 15 MP now feel a bit insufficient especially when you compare other magi with homunculi. I'd propose, at least, to do something similar to MW and give the other factions an extra point in a stat that makes sense for them (ie PRA for magi, AGI for DHO, and so on). Maybe not in classes that already get a lot of stuff to go on (looking at Chaldea over here) but its just an idea to make things a bit easier for people to work with their stats (not like you wouldn't be forced to dump stuff if you want to be good at something anyway).

Regarding ability growth, I feel that, taking a general look at it, it is extremely limited for anyone except magi. All you can do is advance the rank which would at most give you a bit more of extra damage or make your things a bit better, but with the cost of less uses and harsher penalties (particularly in the case of ESP, as A rank ESP just doesn't seem very good, especially as it is limited to 3 uses). Comparatively speaking, magi can create new spells or improve spells they already have, and do so much faster, while improving an ability from B to A not only reduces uses/durations and increases penalties, but takes a chunk of AP and takes pretty much most of the year (25 weeks is just... too much IMO). Also magi can take cost reducing perks, either at creation or as new perks, while others can't take something that ups their number of uses, or the duration of their surge, or etc. At the very least, growth for non-magi abilities seems to be almost non-existant, except for maybe improving range.

My proposal, well, I can't think of much atm, but at least being able to pour AP and time into at least getting more uses or duration for those abilities would be nice.

Some ideas regarding Servant skills:

Independen Action: Given what Archer pulls off in FSN, why not make it like a weaker BC apart from what it already does? Although now I have my doubts because it'd make Archer class feel like a better Hunter class =3=

Beast Killer: I have to say that, personally speaking, I don't see why I'd put more than E or D here. It's just that +1/-1 is underwhelming when we talking about Servant numbers. Maybe make that number improve as the rank goes up?
    Last edited by RacingeR; March 13th, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Fix Esp improvement suggestion:

-Instead of uses per day, make each rank give an x amount of counters, and when you reach a certain amount you are at your limit. Then allow the ESPer to use weaker psychic attacks (literally using your ESP at lower levels). This would allow an A rank ESPer to do something within their ability that is not extreme, such as lifting a table with telekinesis instead of say a ward, and not kill themselves. I think it makes sense.

Independent Action Suggestion:

For higher ranks, reduce the cost of Noble Phantasms of equal rank by something like 10%.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

I like the ESP idea in general.

Blog Entries
    http://i.imgur.com/yXEwlfv.jpg

<&Verg> It's time for: Meet! Eric Rubiens! (Spinach note: “useless” man on the 3rd row)

Quite the accomplished magus of Sea of Estray. Specialized in runic magecraft and manipulation of multiple types of metals. Is known to employ varied but trap-focused battle style. A cold and calculating individual who enjoys matching his wits against other people and playing what he refers to as 'the grandest game of them all'. He is a first-class scholar and always on the prowl to look for new secrets and spells to employ on his rise to the top. Eric tends to divide people into two categories: those who are useful to him, and those who aren't. If you fall into the latter, he will not hesitate to cut you down. Incidentally, he has earned something of a follow to himself in form of a hyper-athletic Remnants of Timaeus homunculus who acts as his muscle.

Incidentally, there has been rumors that Eric Rubiens and a certain Clock Tower magus have joined forces in order to create a new mercenary group working for the darker side of OLYMPUS...

<&Verg> It's time for: Meet! Seger Senefaped! (Spinach note: “Math = elegance of the mind" woman with the fine rack)

A rightfully-feared member of Trismegistus Circle. She is known for complex spells that employ numerology and extremely high attack power that shatters through just about any defense. Topped off with her high intelligence, she is an opponent that should not be taken lightly. A loyal member of the Circle, Seger is known to carry out tasks for Meretseger day and night, working against various enemies that their Faction has. Indeed, it is rumored that she has worked to undermine several Church members and their standing in OLYMPUS. If this is true, she is also a danger politically. Often likened to a vulture that hangs around lazily in the sky to look for prey, Seger does not what you could say a 'likeable' personality... but surprisingly, here and there you can find people willing to defend her against slander. Almost like there's a difference between her public and private self...

[07:59] <&Verg> It's time for: Meet! Krista Lakeview! (Spinach note: bottom right, “I’ll give this city my all”)

A young member of Star 12, she is known to employ a rather unique blend of abilities... or so those three who have fought her, say! As a very recent addition to the student body of Athena Academy she has yet to showcase her true might, whatever that might be. What is known, however, is her patriotic fervor towards her new homeland of OLYMPUS. Many are the times she has gone out to bellow out her feelings towards the land that accepted her and her brethren, and according to Krista, it is a place that has even surpassed USA. For her, it is the true Land of Opportunity. So, this energetic and steadfast, almost stubborn girl spends her days working for the good of her new home.

[08:11] <&Verg> It's time for: Meet! Bálint Komor! (Spinach note: 4th row, “raining black and mud”)
    A gloomy individual who is looked down upon with disdain in his Faction of Assembly of the 8th Sacrament. A fighter who employs dirty tactics, cheating and downright sadism, he is a master of utilizing his unique form of Black Keys to bring his enemy to their knees and then finish them off with a coup de grace. Mysteriously enough, though Bálint is often seen as a non-believer or even downright heretic, his faith in God is stronger than that of most. It is this belief where his problem lies, as he believes at the end of the day for God to be a nihilistic entity. Therefore, he thinks that eventual death awaits for everything and that he is its agent. Indeed, though he is courteous, polite and even a bit of a gentleman, that creepy stare of his eyes promises that one day, he will be the one to reap whole of OLYMPUS...

[08:18] <&Verg> It's time for: Meet! Nasami Higashide! (Spinach note: Bottom row, “this is the closest to heaven I’ll get”)
    A new recruit of OLYMPUS who affiliates with the Origa Memorial Institute Faction. An absolute pacifist in nature, he has yet to reveal any combat powers, if he even has any. Mostly he has focused on recuperating and helping others of his kind find peace and solace in OLYMPUS. Those suffering from Agonist Disorder do not lead an easy life, and even in OLYMPUS great care must be taken in daily interactions with other people. Nasami has become something of an liason between the dormitory ward proper and the rest of the city, meeting with officials and arranging safezones for his kind. However, no matter how much he helps, a dark shadow always seems to hang around his face. What the future holds for this young man remains unknown...

Also of note

[07:40] <&Verg> Btw, remember that these are 1-per-Faction
    [07:41] <&Verg> For example, Felix/Drake/Luis are all clockies
    [07:41] <&Verg> But only one of them has their rival in the pic
    [07:42] <&Verg> And another example is that Katie doesn't get to see his rival in the pic, because Mellon's was there

Hope we get to see the remainder of these detailed later on, really curious to see who got paired up with who.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Incidentally, a "Fine Tuning" part will be added to the Growth section of the rulebook. This means you can add to the duration, usages, radius, etc. to already existing abilities and equipment.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking of making the new rulebook a full pdf. Basically a full-fledged rulebook. Therefore, I'm gonna need more pics! Namely, pics for all the main and secondary sections of the rulebook. If these would feature PCs or NPCs, it'd be best. They can be scene or battle pics, as long as they have something to do with the section. For example, a pic of Growth can be Luis training. And pic of Route Links can be Noelle fawning over yet another guy :l
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 14th, 2016 at 06:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Asuka is ready for dungeons!

And S.Links!!!

;D
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mayday mayday! Verg has lost his internet-connection due to unpaid bill! Unsure when it will be fixed!

Blog Entries
    Ayakashi didn't cure her internet curse, she sent it to Finland.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ; _ ;

I wanna contribute too! Because Luna is just a normal high school student, maybe this can be the image for S.Links (specifically the Philia Alignment one).
    huge

Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    I see boats are invading Regalia too...

I should have used more established chars for FC's...