Page 1227 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 227727112711771217122212251226122712281229 LastLast
Results 24,521 to 24,540 of 24566

Thread: Fate/Regalia Discussion

That was the plan.

Was going to be Dranes and I, iirc.

Blog Entries
    A lot of pairs have volunteered to pioneer it in Colo

Blog Entries
    Team Deathmatch
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    I'm not on IRC much these days, new rule book ever drop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    not yet

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    He's

back

(?)

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Yes, with a rulebook!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, peeps. Here is the newest, most up-to-date version of the rulebook. I'll be updating it every now and then, and when I do, I'll post about it here so you can download the newest version.

Incidentally:

TO ANY PROSPECTIVE NEW PLAYERS

AVENGER SLOT IS OFFICIALLY OPEN

ANYONE INTERESTED IN IT CONTACT ME EITHER THROUGH PM OR AT THE #REGALIA IRC CHANNEL

Blog Entries
    I'm working full time these days so I don't have nearly the amount of free time I used to. (Actually these days all I have time to do is skim Avalon and make a few puns) anywho, is there any verg RP people are waiting me to post for
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    So over in the persona thread someone just noted playing P5 was essentially playing as Zero and I am ridiculously amused by that.

also, wish you were here, regalia.

Blog Entries
    wish you were here, Verg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So I was reading through mcjon's dictionary entries, and got bored, so I put something together for fun, enjoy!

check out my dic (entry) y'all

(pre-nerf)]Strangth B--->A --->C ---> B (s) ---> A(s) partition plus concept, rank A
    Endurance A ----> C(s) ---> B(s) Partition plus concept, rank B
    Agility A ---->C(s) ---->B(S) Two partitions.
    Cas (null)
    prana E

Mikuru the alchemist (post-nerf)

Strangth A
    Endurance A
    Agility B ---->A ---->C(S) Two partitions.
    Cas (null)
    prana E

An unusual character who at one point of his life was a merely average physical specimen but one whom displayed impressive abilities as a user of thought partitioning. He was recruited by Sion Atlasia at a formative age into a particular training program she organised sometime after she developed the idea during a certain adventure in japan. Typically, as often happens, the younger boy was of course, instantly smitten. The original candidates for the training regimen were numbered of over 200, but the final graduates were 5. The other alchemists who were able to succeed were extremely impressive to begin with, but Mikuru's graduation was a result of pure effort.

Ah, a young boy in love can do anything, was the developers thought process here. During his training, and later on after it, his life centered around two core principles. one, his calculations had bluntly informed him that his love for Atlasia would always be unrequited, and second, her vampirism was incurable. As a result, he set himself to curing her condition on the idea that if one calculation proved wrong, the other might be as well. As a result, he was even more fervent about finding a cure then was the actual vampire herself.

From the beginning, Mikuru was designed to be the unfortunate type who provides tension for the protagonist and his lover. As you play the game, you can not help but notice that your love is in danger of being taken away, ah the trials of love, do your best! But, a maiden's heart is lost but once, and therefor it was predetermined from the beginning that Mikuru would lose to you. The type of person who would strive eternally for a goal he knew was impossible, it would be nice if you at least recognized his spirit?

Mikuru could not have been introduced during the time of tsukihime, for obvious reasons, though you and Tohno Shiki might have appreciated his presence. Tsukihime was a world in which the primary antagonists were the extremely powerful vampires, which had to be defeated to to luck and the bonds you had formed in your story, but someone like this guy would have changed the equation, as he would put it. Due to the training he underwent, Mikuru is an extremely competent fighter, but what really makes him dangerous was the results of his experiments.

If one engaged him during his sojourn on Olympus, one would have become aware of two items, as a talented alchemist, Mikuru predicted his involvement on Olympus and laid in preparation certain things which up until that point had been more theoretical then practical. His most prized piece of equipment was something he cherished not due to its power but because of its symbolism, around his neck was a vile of purified clear liquid. What made him value it so was that it was infact, a twin to one worn by Atlasia, a gift he had given her. The Elixir of false life was a success of unimaginable proportions that breathed new life into the attempt to cure vampirism. Based on alchemic principles resting on the elixir of immortality, the Elixir of false life protected ones mind from outside or even inner influences and allowed one to retain "humanity" and "sense of self" even under extreme hostile mental influence. The effect was potent enough that even a decades old vampire could continue to resist the urge to drink blood. Hence, Sion gratefully accepted it from him.

...It was thought by the developers that he should have achieved at least one success in his life.

His primary armament was something he hated from a theoretical perspective, even if he pragmatically still carried it. Another elixir he created he had hoped to actually begin reversing the process of vampirism as opposed to just slow it was a complete failure. Instead of regressing the blood urge, it merely annihilated that which possessed it, a true vampire killer, the concept created was not "become human" but "that which lives on blood dies." Hence it was named, the elixir of false death. Mikuru anointed the tips of several crossbow bolts which can be fired from a mini launcher located on his right hand. He is capable of producing more of the elixir as needed if he should run out of bolts.

As one whose existence is defined by striving against the impossible, it was thought that Mikuru would be quite used to getting mileage out of things that didn't go right for him. If he waited for successes, then he wouldn't ever get anywhere!

...incidentally, as a side note, the elixir of false death actually was stronger as a concept then was the elixir of false life. Maybe success was so unrealistic for the man that its mere presence degraded the concept?

Anyway, when considering his knowledge of vampires, and his possession of one concept which was a potent tool against the glamours and magics preferred by the apostles along with his lethal weapon against blood drinkers, Mikuru would best display his talents against a vampire, hence, having him know the protagonist of the VN couldn't happen.

EASY OUTS LIKE THAT ARE FORBIDDEN!

During Olympus, Mikuru was the type who would likely develop as a sub-boss to be defeated, had Sion ordered him to defend the order of Olympus, he would do so with everything he had! It might be fun to face against a shounen villain...is what we would like to say, but really Mikuru is the type whose dreams are even more important to him then his ideals. "Even if its wrong, I'll still fight!" was the thought process there. Stories like this always have to have this type of person!

His servant murderer was different then the one summoned by Zero, not just in personality, it was a completely different person similar to the murderer of today only in class. ...well, I say that, but this pair of murderers might have met at some point. Interestingly enough, the original Murderer would have been the "onii-chan type" to mikuru. As Mikuru was stronger then Zero, so too was this murderer was more powerful then the one called by Taima's magus.

...Just who is this person?!

Incidentally, Mikuru's murderer probably wouldn't have gotten along well with Zero either, maybe he just has poor affinity for the class?

Murderer was a life line offered to Mikuru, though even we did not know whether or not he would be able to take it. This Mikuru had a forced lock on romantic entanglements for obvious reasons that the developer team had wondered if Murderer might have helped him work through, though even so, we still suspect he would not have been able to resist reaching for the grail in order to cure vampirism. Even if only to complete his life's work and put that part of the past behind him. Mikuru definitely would have taken the Servant talent path. Unless a certain alchemist told him to focus his studies elsewhere?

A shadow was never generated for this character, but the team wondered what it would be like.

The question is occasionally raised that Mikuru seems better as a girl's name. If Mikuru had been female, she would have developed much the same...oh but, she would have definitely worn a lily scented perfume.

...This joke was supposed to be like, three lines. ...I guess it kind of...snowballed.

I got bored, and felt like you all should at least see this.

CHeck it out y'all, another dic. I have two dics.

Zero. A classic villain. Today in order to create a true "villain" flaws are required Ah, but in a very real sense, Zero himself was nothing but a flaw in the system.

When he was originally proposed in the very beginning of the game, some of the editors turned their noses up. Wait, isnt this to much like ryougi?! We had to talk very fast that day to get our dream realized. But Zero's powers were really much different. the "void" that was shiki was entirely different then the "erasure" of Zero. In a very real sense, Shiki was the noun, and Zero was a verb. One who was the completed version of the equation of the world, and one was the imperfect creator of this. Ryougi could kill anything as long as it was alive, but Zero was an existence who by definition could not accomplish anything.

One of the more enjoying things in his creation was the reaction of a certain fan when he realized that Zero could not even launch an attack. Pathetic for a villain! The reaction to his lack of strength was fun, but it was his status as a magus who could not even cast a spell to attack his opponent that made him so laughable. A sad clown who is just knowleagble to realize how pathetic he was, was the thought that gave him life.

...Well, I say that, but he was also a bit of a cheat. To look at his char sheet, "what the heck? he is a worse munchkin then lancelot?!" might be the appropriate response. like the knight of the lake, it was obvious from the beginning that he was intended to be greater then the sum of his parts. ...ironic for Zero? ah, sorry, little joke.

At any rate, it was a very specific kind of person who could summon a "murderer." For Mikuru, the process was easy. The premise of a murderer, that great underlying question was one in which Mikuru shined without question. "what was it that died. And what was it that was killed?" ah, for an alchemist, the solution was simple. But for a magus? this was a much stranger path. A legend slayer, a killer of the faith of man, how could a magus, especially an old school taima magus give rise to such a servant? We nearly tore our hair out when the question was asked. "Should we just go back to that love struck alchemist afterall?!" not one of us did not wonder. How could a mage, one whose job it is to seek ever greater mysteries, give rise to a being who could blind the very eye of god and destroy utterly a myth that is the bullwark of man?

Thus, Zero. A magus who never had anything he believed in...wait? is that true?

He may have thought so, and it should have been. Indeed, from conception, it had been supposed to be the case, But Zero's mother, with that origin of success, she even overcame us! *laughs*

For those who remember the side material of Zero, It was noted that Zero's origin had once before clashed with the origin of another, and on that day, was entirely defeated. That day was the day that Zero's mother focused her origin Zero, who was still just a few cell's parting in her womb. She directed that power of "success" with the simple intent. "Become a strong magus." for Zero, whose origin stated he should not be anything at all, this was a contradiction. It fought to erase that order with everything present in that baby's soul!

But of course, as was said, that origin lost. And the man who should not have even been able to take his first breath and so died moments after birth was imprinted with that unbreakable command. Thus, a mage who did not even have "mystery" at all within him was born.

Such a long treck it was, a mage that could summon "murderer". was born.

Of course, Zero's origin had to go "somewhere." and when concepts collide, they test the stability of each other's structure. That power of success was stronger, but it was limited in a key form. Even though the action was "successful" and Zero, born as a powerful mage with maximum circuits and a body well suited for the takashi reinforcement was delivered...well, it was never taken into account that more children might be preferable. Lacking a crest, it would be plausible for the takashi family to have many "successful" children with those powerful bodies and strong origins. but that possibility died in stillbirth. Phrasing sound familiar? Zero would have Zero brethren. If he should not have lived but did, then those who came after who should have lived did not. A woman who cared far more about motherhood then her powerful origin was doomed to have only one heir, rendered barren by Zero's curse. And all the "success" in the world, and all the magical studies she exhausted trying to revert the process came to nothing.

and yet...from that destruction...a new night of fate would occur.

Spoiler:

ANd thus, against all odds, Did Zero meet that rarest of servants, murderer of myths.

ah, even that was a mistake. The summon process was corroded of course. Thinking back to the interview, Zero had hoped to summon "the monk at the wall". A shrewd choice. that ancient holy man, with wide blue eyes that could even see the truth of the world, would have been one of the very few who might have known what it meant to create something from nothing. The flaw at the very edge of Zero's erased soul. A tiny fragment protected by the lingering effects of the order of "success" knew of his own misery, even if that misery was "erased" second by second. what a pair they might have made. It would not be completely implausible for that ancient Shifu to have even taught Zero what it meant to be alive

It was for this reason that when Zero's summoning began, for a split second, summoning Lancer was to have displayed before the curruption. This was another event that required some fast thinking on our part! When the events were pitched to the author, he laughed and stroked his beard. "Ah, I see, so the mooncell has had a 404 error!" or something like that. Indeed, "servant not found!" was quite applicable.

Thus Zero, the flaw in the system. Nothing and nobody, he called a Servant. Nothing cannot create something. Zero times anything will not change at its core. And yet, Zero had summoned a servant. Even the mooncell must have thrown up its hands and said "whats with this development!?"

...Hmm? ah yes, when it comes to Murderer, or at least this one, yes its true we were all a bit worried. "hasnt this been done before?" There was no way this wouldnt be asked. Though, in the end, we felt better about the whole thing. "Murderer" ended up as something as a fan favorite. We got a lot of mailed in guesses, thats for sure, especially after we teased his ability to launch an attack that could not have been defended against. That was at the core of his being. That lack of belief that could even erase a legend from the peerless eye or that divine throne. But again, we certainly felt reassured After all, even the mooncell had so much trouble figuring it out!

Giving a servant to empty one was impossible, and yet, a servant had been called. The creating an image of nothing doing something must have seemed the only way to balance the equation. Thus, Murderer, the masked man. Well, the improper summoning code did leave him with quite the twisted personality.

Maybe thats why not even one person ever guessed...that Murderer was Zero himself.

Zero confirmed lolicon
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Lolicon and made out with a dude

his strikezone was huge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    his strikezone was huge
    as Verg's mouthpiece is this your way of making it official that Regalia is dead

Blog Entries
    Haven't heard verg say as such, but then again it's been over a year since I talked to him, so.

Blog Entries
    Guys, I miss Verg.

Blog Entries
    give up