Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3474798283848586 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1706

Thread: UQ Holder: Akamatsu Returns to Negimaland (now with more even more scifi)

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Watched the first episode today. Wow, they're really milking that Eva/Yukihime fanservice for all it's worth. And I totally called that teacher-guy was going to be evil from the moment he offered to teach Tota and the kids magic. Something about his voice and overly earnest looking face just seemed off.
    He basically was Mizuki-sensei but with better looks. One thing to be wary about UQ Holder is that, despite having a lot of ideas that technically should make it different, it's still very derivative of every other action *and* harem shounen out there.

Touta never gets angsty about the immortality itself (it helps he's not that attached to anyone he would outlive, and all his best buds later on will be immortals as well) but there comes a point where he hits a major angst spike because of something else, be warned. Overall he's a likable enough guy, but his motivations are mostly lacking most of the time, and he's the kind of character who really would work better as a support player. The plot suffers a lot from having to spin around him (and then around Negi's shadow) constantly, since eventually it feels like the other characters, except for one or two, matter very little at all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Will there be an uncensored version airing (like on ATX with other ecchi anime), or do we have to wait for the BDs?

Blog Entries
    It's on Tokyo MX, tvk, Sun television, KBS, and BS11

So probably gonna have to wait for the BDs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Episode 1 is out now.

Why was Akira walking around the school in a swimsuit (which wasn't in the manga)? I get she's from a swimming team, but aren't you supposing to dress up again before leaving the pool area?

Why does Negi sound so childlike? Even in the first anime, Satou Rina used to have less of a pipsqueak kiddy delivery to her Negi. Here he sounds like he's a toddler!
    They probably want to differentiate younger and older Negi. That's probably the reason for the difference in voice.

I remember they initially wanted to have Kamiya Hiroshi voicing Adult!Negi, back when SHAFT was still doing Negima. They should've done just that.

Arararagi and Shinji is too rapey to voice Negi.

598,535,004 (NA)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Arararagi, it occurred to me while watching the episode, that the best way to describe this anime to others I know is as "Bakemonogatari if it was a shounen battle show".
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Speaking of Arararagi, it occurred to me while watching the episode, that the best way to describe this anime to others I know is as "Bakemonogatari if it was a shounen battle show".
    And yet it's not made by SHAFT. The Negima OVA's were Shaft but apparently UQ Holder is no.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    And yet it's not made by SHAFT. The Negima OVA's were Shaft but apparently UQ Holder is no.
    Not enough head-tilts.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Too many ermine this episode with no ATX to rectify that.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So is UQ's animu well animated? If it isn't, I don't think I'll bother watching. Too many bad memories of disappointing Negima without any good action to fall back on.

fuck your chupacabras, jesus christ did anyone actually buy that fucking shitty "remake"
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    So is UQ's animu well animated? If it isn't, I don't think I'll bother watching. Too many bad memories of disappointing Negima without any good action to fall back on.

fuck your chupacabras, jesus christ did anyone actually buy that fucking shitty "remake"
    The first two episodes that I watched were pretty good animation-wise (nothing outstanding, but solid), though apparently there's some bad CG in the third one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikigod784 View Post
    With UQ Holder being a generally serious shonen, I kinda wish it didn't share the same universe as Negima/Love Hina/AI Love You
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Are those wacky AIs ever gonna come back and cameo tho
    Wow, I actually somehow missed this but yeah the Negima-UQ Holder connection is obvious but when was it stated that the other 2 series had any sort of shared universe with them?

Cause I don't remember jack shit showing anything suggesting such in Negima or UQ. Was it super early on in Negima or something?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Banned
    Setsuna and crazy girl are part of Motoko/Tsuroko's school. Motoko even cameos in a Setsuna flashback I think.

Pretty sure Chachamaru's AI is based partly on AILU dude's work.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah it's good. Or at least better than Black Clover's is, and that's the shounen show this season.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Can't remember Motoko, but Tsuruko was in Negima - demonstrating the Urashima sword which ends up in crazy girl's hands for some reason. No idea how or why Tsuruko has it at the school in the first place, but that's the most significant crossover/reuse.

I think Keitaro & Naru were at the festival - a single frame background cameo. I don't know enough about AI love you but I think Hakase did mention some professor's work when ranting about Chachamaru.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Christmas bikini promos: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/6470540 (non-explicit bikinis, but Sankaku ads might be a different story)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nostalgia with Eva and Ayaka talking in their Negima forms.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, anyone else keeping up with the anime? They just skipped an entire arc, went right from fighting Fate at the tower, to Negi descending with his minions. No crazy ghost story for us, I guess. I guess even a dead guy is too much extra male for the anime. I really liked Santa, too.

Santa is the new Kotaro.