Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 367681848586
Results 1,701 to 1,706 of 1706

Thread: UQ Holder: Akamatsu Returns to Negimaland (now with more even more scifi)

Blog Entries
    Finally got to read volume 15 of the manga today. It was very nice to finally have Negima's ending be properly explained and expanded upon, not just in words, but actually showing us everything that happened (though to my great annoyance we still don't get to know/see what the hell happened to Negi's mom...I sometimes wonder if Akamatsu has forgotten all about her...). I feel like I don't even really need UQ Holder's future ending anymore, since, if they're not going to "cheat", as Touta calls it, then, to me at least, it's literally impossible for any ending to UQ Holder's story and timeline to be better than Negima's now perfect happy ending. I'll still keep reading it and enjoy it though, of course.

It really really sucks that we can apparently never have proper anime adaptations of Negima and UQ Holder that are at least half decent, and not utter shit gutter abysmal, but at least I have the mangas...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    No. She's like his adoptive mother anyway, people.
    Oh, good, there are still some standards left in the universe.
    Now Evangeline Anastasia "Kitty" McDowell travels the world spinoff when
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Oh, good, there are still some standards left in the universe.
    Now Evangeline Anastasia "Kitty" McDowell travels the world spinoff when
    I would read that lol. Eva is one of my favourite characters in the whole franchise. She's so powerful, and can even be scary sometimes, yet she's also frequently adorable.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Eva is Akamatsu's treasure.

Really, it's funny how despite reading and loving so many of his characters in both Love Hina and Negima, Eva is still the one who stood out the most in my memory despite being of the "generic tsun loli blonde vampire" persuasion.

UQ Holder was dumb all along the watchtower though.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Finally got to read volume 15 of the manga today. It was very nice to finally have Negima's ending be properly explained and expanded upon, not just in words, but actually showing us everything that happened.
    Properly and everything my foot, there was no proper buildup for the final battle, and after the reinforcements arrive the battle degenerates into a short collection of panels showing characters striking action poses until the Mage of the Beginning falls down. Evangeline is completely absent from the final conflict involving her loved one AND the being who 'created' her, robbing her of all agency in the resolution shown here.

The romantic resolution is even worse, after the latest thing of the Chisame/Negi relationship we had seen was her rejecting him, next and freaking last thing we see is a single wedding picture of them and of Eva/Nagi, and then the narration has the balls to literally tell us "But we don't have the room to say anything else", giving us the middle finger. It's tacked on as hell, and barely better than Negima's non-ending. How do we get from Point A to radically different Point B? Who knows? Who cares? Akamatsu certainly doesn't.

And now, to top it off...

https://www.reddit.com/r/UQHolder/co...p_in_23_years/

I suspect we might have to forget about him ever doing another series after this, since he won't be getting any younger, healthier or less 'stressed'. So even shifting to a monthly release with less pages a month didn't work, huh? Then I frankly don't think anything else will.

A shame Negima will never get the actual sequel it deserves.

'Epilogue' also sounds kinda dreadful since normally his epilogues involve time skips, and we all know what he did with a time skip last time (jumping over anything resembling an actual conclusion.)
    Last edited by OverMaster; January 2nd, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

US Friend Code
    It's a shame that negima, uq holder and the other 'connected' series aren't popular enough to warrant handing it off to someone else. The setting is interesting enough that I'd gladly give other authors' versions a shot.

But hey, a completed work is good for fanfic authors at least, right?
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]