View Poll Results: Raise the filesize

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 77.78%
  • No

    14 22.22%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 127

Thread: Should Darples raise the avatar file size limit to 100kb.

  1. #21
    on again / off again Techlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    1984
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    5
    Standard 50x50 avatars and sigs for everyone because of glorious communist BL.

  2. #22
    N̠͔͓̰͒ͯͥ̉ͦ̂y̖͒á͓͔͙̮̹ͬ.͇̪ͤͨ̾̒.͎͙͇̟̅͒̑̇͋́.̾̽̓͗̄ Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,338
    Blog Entries
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Standard 50x50 avatars and sigs for everyone because of glorious communist BL.
    Should we throw in "No SQL dump" and "one day we'll close the site with only 24 hours of warning that'll actually become 12?"
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] <Cruor> petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] <Kelnish> no
    [14:08] <Kelnish> it isn't
    [14:09] <Cruor> how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] <Cruor> in one mod
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] <Dark_Pulse> Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] <Daiki> ...
    [14:10] <I3uster> oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] <I3uster> apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] <Wakame> the horror

  3. #23
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    14,884
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Haha, people actually go on that board still?
    I dunno, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Look, you can't just call something pedophilliac and expect everyone to believe you.


  4. #24
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Only if animated avatars are simultaneously banned.
    M-monster! Kiyo's animated brownies are what glues me to this forum!

  5. #25
    Literacy LoyaltL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,023
    Blog Entries
    2
    No need to get violent people.

    Seriously speaking, I always use this site for changing my file-size (Windows Log-In Background woes) and I haven't really seen any deterioration in quality after using it.

  6. #26
    Κυρία Ἐλέησον Seika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perilous Hall
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    How about no.
    That's completely orthogonal. If you want anigif avatars to get banned, make a separate poll.
    Not really? Greater filesize allowance means more dumb avatars like Kyokushi's, which irritate me. Therefore my support is conditional on that not happening.

    (It was also partly a joke).

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2785 View Post
    As long as the change doesn't end up breaking some critical and important part of the site I'm all for it.
    Point. Tech changes have ~20% chance of breaking BL, it seems.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

    If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

    Democracy on Beast's Lair

  7. #27
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,549
    Never had any problem with the current settings, so I don't see why he should.


  8. #28
    . . . Hen_Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,329
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    31
    I say meh.

    being the indecisive person I am I can see how a profusion of silly gif avatars could get annoying. Yet I am one those who uses them and wrestles with bring them under the size limit.

    Are there any technical problems or considerations with raising the file sizes?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.


  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    665
    Yes. Resizing an image can be extremely annoying when you just want it to work the first time you upload it.

  10. #30
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,328
    Blog Entries
    12
    Silly gifs already work if you just resize them a little so this really can't be part of the argument here.

    Seeing that people have huge, sometimes animated losless sig images and I always have to make my avatars like 195x197 or some dumb shit to fit them in I say yes.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  11. #31
    I'm posting here only to say I don't really care either way.

    My opinion is important, shut up.

  12. #32
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    39,369
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Only if animated avatars are simultaneously banned.
    amen. Animated avatars, and sigs for that matter, are the worst. People who use them are also the worse. Phone lagging bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    amen. Animated avatars, and sigs for that matter, are the worst. People who use them are also the worse. Phone lagging bastards.
    At least I'm only just "worse" instead of worst.

  14. #34
    on again / off again Techlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    1984
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Silly gifs already work if you just resize them a little so this really can't be part of the argument here.

    Seeing that people have huge, sometimes animated losless sig images and I always have to make my avatars like 195x197 or some dumb shit to fit them in I say yes.
    This. I3 speaketh for the people.

  15. #35
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,328
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    amen. Animated avatars, and sigs for that matter, are the worst. People who use them are also the worse. Phone lagging bastards.
    Didn't you say you don't even browse from the PC? In that case you should probably just turn both of them off. Makes everything load faster, hides your powerlevel in the open!
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  16. #36
    Κυρία Ἐλέησον Seika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perilous Hall
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Silly gifs already work if you just resize them a little so this really can't be part of the argument here.
    I suspect even that turns off people who lack the technical knowledge to resize/drop colour quality/drop frames from a gif, or those who do have it but can't be bothered to go through with it because of the inconvenience. Do not underestimate either laziness or ignorance as deterrents.
    Last edited by Seika; September 3rd, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

    If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

    Democracy on Beast's Lair

  17. #37
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    39,369
    Blog Entries
    12
    Occasionally I browse from PC, also, I tend to recognize who is talking by their avatars and sigs. Also the stills can be quite amusing. It's only the laggy attention whoring animated people who are the worse and also the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  18. #38
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,328
    Blog Entries
    12
    Is that really an argument though (since resizing a gif is as hard as resizing any other picture if you have Gimp or Photoshop) or are you just trying to keep me from having my perfect, non-OCD insulting 200x200 avatars?

    I bet you're the kind of person that gets a bathroom with an uneven number of tiles. Despite that being WRONG.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    665
    Good to know. I shall strive to maintain my reputation.

  20. #40
    Κυρία Ἐλέησον Seika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perilous Hall
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    (since resizing a gif is as hard as resizing any other picture if you have Gimp or Photoshop)
    This is the thing, though. Many, many people don't have them and don't bother to get them just for possibly managing to get a gif avatar. I suspect lots of people use Paint for doing their own avatars, if they do them at all.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

    If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

    Democracy on Beast's Lair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •