Thread: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia won't run any more

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia won't run any more

I've been playing FHA for a couple of months now, but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more. Whenever I double click the icon, my mouse pointer shows the loading animation and FateFD.exe shows that it's running in my processes, but I can't get the game to start, regardless of what I've tried. I've tried reinstalling it over and over. If I use applocale and administrator access, the installation hangs on cxdec.tpm and tells me it can't find it. If I don't use Japanese locale, it seems to want me to point it to another disc or something and refuses to let me by it. When I use my cxdec.tpm that I backed up from my original install it does the aforementioned thing where FateFD.exe shows up in processes, but I can't play it. I got desperate and tried the cxdec.tpm from FSN and it told me it was an EAccessViolation. Additionally, I've tried repairing the install, but that also hangs on cxdec.tpm. I've put 32 hours into FHA and I'm 78% done and I REALLY want to finish it, yet I can't think of anything else. If someone could help me I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    I have similar problems...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error FHA.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	11782

Anyone can help me please?

Problems with the game working and then suddenly not after a period of time are almost always corrupt files. Redownload the patch and if that doesn't work, reinstall. Your savefiles will remain.
    The EAccessViolation by itself has a fix in the FAQ on the project thread (although that may not be the actual issue if this didn't happen before - you can try both solutions).

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    thanks then, i'll try to find another source for the VN