Thread: Hatsune Miku - THE ANIMATION-

Blog Entries

Hatsune Miku - THE ANIMATION-

No there's no such thing. Got your hopes up? Well too bad! This ain't Anime/Stuff/MoreStuff/OtherStuff. It's just a-me! DG! Stroking my ego and releasing my shower of hair-brained thoughts all over the masses in a desperate attempt to raise my own self esteem!

Anyway I was just thinking. What if there was a Miku anime? What would it be like?

The first thought that came to mind was just the Vocaloid characters just being random whatever else characters whose shoes could probably be filled in by other random characters in some generic moe/slapstick/sliceoflife.

Then I thought, while that's probably highly likely what a Miku anime would end up being if they made one - that's kinda shit. That's no good. Obviously I know better! (We all like to think we know better, regardless of whether it's true or not)

So I was kinda all. You know what? Miku's not even going to be a character in her own anime.

Now time to drop some lousy sketches. And uh I guess these people need names. Man coming up with names is a pain in the arse. I'll just come up with their first names for now cause bloody 'ell.

Kanon. 1st year high schooler. Fan of vocaloid music. Does vocal covers of vocaloid songs on NND. Likes to imagine various vocaloid songs as a BGM to the various happenings around her. Her head is constantly in the clouds and has a tendency to break into song. Owns the full set of vocaloid Nendoroids.

Hiraku. 3rd year high schooler. Amateur vocaloid song producer who had some early success but then went into a slump, unable to come up with anything new. However when he listens to a cover of one of his lesser known songs from Kanon, he gets inspiration for a new song. A cool/passive sorta character who shows little emotion on his face. But totally shows it in his actions.

Shou. College dropout. Hikkikomori by day, host by night. Guitarist. Does instrumental covers of vocaloid songs. Has participated in a few vocaloid circles. After commenting on a bunch of Kanon's covers, they end up being net buddies and have done a few band covers together. Free spirit womanizer type, but hasn't actually gotten in any relationships yet. His clients don't count. Has an unhealthy obsession with iDOLM@STER.

And there'll probably be more characters here and there. Probably some office lady illustrator who is painfully middle aged single. Maybe a dancer who makes dance videos with a reverse engineered Kinect.

So overall the concept is going to focus on vocaloid culture and the people involved rather than the vocaloids themselves as characters per say.

The characters also all live in different prefectures and are at first only connected indirectly through the web. Like Hiraku writing a new song in response to Kanon's cover of one of his older songs. Commenting on each other. Illustrator lady might do a PV for Hiraku. Stuff like that essentially.

Eventually they end up meeting each other in events and stuff. Maybe when Hiraku graduates, he goes to college closer to one of the other characters. Maybe they form a circle. And Kanon goes all ~awawawawa~ over vocaloid BL doujins at comiket. Probably gets forced to cosplay too.

Vocaloids will make little cameos in every episodes, in the form of figures, posters or on screens of various devices. Kanon will have her little delusions of singing alongside vocaloids on imaginary stages when recording.

The ED theme will feature Miku walking down a street, who then runs into loli/shota versions of the characters. Ends up holding their hands and they lalala down the street together. The other vocaloids are doing stuff in the background.

And uh yeah. Gonna read random manwha now and this will not amount to anything more than more random character sketches and Kanon in various outfits.

http://depleted.wordpress.com/
    The contents of a deranged mind.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So basically Vocaloidians: The Subculture, The Animation would be a slightly less misleading name for this theoretical series.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    The description of this hypothetical anime series reminds me of the third season of Digimon due to how similar the starting premise is. Overall, I do find the idea to be slightly interesting; however, execution is always the determining point of whether it will be any good or not.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

It'd be Kagerou Days, which also has a manga based on the series of songs by the composer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPvwla-oLig