Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Moon White Discussion

http://asha.wikia.com/wiki/Grill_13_Closed_Room

Well... it's up. Doesn't look great, and editing will be a pain, but it's up.

Maybe I'll bring over the last few tvtropes profiles a bit later...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, with MW being how it is... Do you have any ideas how to go on from here Verg?

With a rather large part of our Moon/White crew missing, we should converse about how we should proceed from here, no?

Maybe it would be better to remake MW with some "adjustments" from Regalia (perks, everyone having both a Servant and a Master, etc)? Since we are basically in the "beginning" of the RP, after all.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm.....that could be one option. However, that would require quite a lot of work, I'd presume.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Hmm.....that could be one option. However, that would require quite a lot of work, I'd presume.
    Hmm... definitely less then it would take to create a new RP, but yeah, it would take a lot of work. Then again, there are probably a number of us here (me included), who would be more then happy to give you a hand with any number-crunching/balance stuff that you might need help with.

Hell, if you want, you can get a Co-GM to help you deal with the app-mania that is likely to start all over again (and keep him out of the loop on the story bits).

And the story doesn't need remaking, since we never got anywhere, right?

Its definitely a shame to see MW in this state.

Blog Entries
    Although I'd be more than happy to see Fate/Moon White revive from its ashes I think we should focus on Fate/Regalia, unless Verg is some kind of Atlas Alchemist that is capable of being the Game Master of two games at once. That said, it's truly a shame that we didn't manage to continue with the game...
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    You do remember that Regalia was a spur of the moment thing, and originally Verg did intend to do both at the same time....right?

Eh... I really don't think starting over is a good idea. Sure we're at "the beginning", but some of us have already built relationships with the NPCs, found clues, etc. I really don't want to toss that only to do it all over again.

Reorganizing everything is fine with me though. Could help us to get our bearings and not just spin our wheels for a while like last time we tried to reboot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    Eh... I really don't think starting over is a good idea. Sure we're at "the beginning", but some of us have already built relationships with the NPCs, found clues, etc. I really don't want to toss that only to do it all over again.

Reorganizing everything is fine with me though. Could help us to get our bearings and not just spin our wheels for a while like last time we tried to reboot.
    I dont know. I feel like if we re-did the beginning (just one phase, lets be honest), we could do a lot of things better. Fix the "lets run to the summoning, guyz" part, the "we are missing half our playerbase and some are probably not interested anymore" part and the "lets wait for the my servant to post so we can waste 10 posts on a chat about the weather" pieces most importantly.

I just feel that if we could take the things implemented in Regalia and insert them into MW, we would have a much better and cohesive RP. Cause, I dont see just a "restructuring" replacing the missing/uninterested players. And playing characters made by other people is just not that fun tbh.

No, I hear you. I know I've never cared for how long conversations took, for one -- actually I'd still be interested in looking at working out non-plot-critical conversations over IM or something.

But eh, I'll discuss this later. For now this list might help put things in perspective:

Dan Rhong Zheng (DB-LOYALTY) - Archer (Optimus)
    Maebana Misune (Koji) - Lancer (tobias)
    Tikhon Belanov (Xelloss) - Saber (Verg Avesta)
    Alan McCarthy (Hyarion) - Rider (Nanaya-chan)
    Genessa Satellizer (Emiya Shirou) - Defender (RoadBuster)
    Rauna Aikio (Gaia) - Berserker (MssrNeko)
    Iroaseru Asa (anamesis) - Caster (mellon)
    Aileen Blackthorn (Elf) - Marauder (KENTA)
    Bai Shui (tangerang) - Assassin (drinks)

Blog Entries
    No, I hear you. I know I've never cared for how long conversations took, for one -- actually I'd still be interested in looking at working out non-plot-critical conversations over IM or something.

But eh, I'll discuss this later. For now this list might help put things in perspective:

Dan Rhong Zheng (DB-LOYALTY) - Archer (Optimus)
    Maebana Misune (Koji) - Lancer (tobias)
    Tikhon Belanov (Xelloss) - Saber (Verg Avesta)
    Alan McCarthy (Hyarion) - Rider (Nanaya-chan)
    Genessa Satellizer (Emiya Shirou) - Defender (RoadBuster)
    Rauna Aikio (Gaia) - Berserker (MssrNeko)
    Iroaseru Asa (anamesis) - Caster (mellon)
    Aileen Blackthorn (Elf) - Marauder (KENTA)
    Bai Shui (tangerang) - Assassin (drinks)
    Yeah. I do wonder if Elf/RB are still interested though. Also, if the setting could hold it, why not have more Servants akin to Regalia?

Wouldn't that, you know, make things more complicated for Verg?
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Wouldn't that, you know, make things more complicated for Verg?
    As I said, get more people into the approval process to ease things up (1 or 2 Co-GMs). And if both the "Master & Servant" are played by one person, then I doubt the number of players would be much different (around 18 that we had the first time).

Well, I'm indifferent as to how to proceed, but I'm still in this 'till the end.

Respec-ing the characters to comform to Regalia standards might not go so smoothly for some characters (what with the faction attributes and having to assign AP values).

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what is Verg's opinion on the whole thing, though.

If there is need for more players, I would probably enter this in a hearbeat xD.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

I really think MW should be compressed, rather than expanded. Trying to make MW more like Regalia in terms of expansiveness, like adding more PCs... I don't think that'd improve things at all.

IMO MW is supposed to be relatively small and a pretty tight operation, in terms of the mystery. Just imagine Alpha listing off twenty Masters in his poem.

"Eight-seven masters come to..."
    "Twenty *pant* five *pant* Masters *pant* *collapses*"
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    I really think MW should be compressed, rather than expanded. Trying to make MW more like Regalia in terms of expansiveness, like adding more PCs... I don't think that'd improve things at all.

IMO MW is supposed to be relatively small and a pretty tight operation, in terms of the mystery. Just imagine Alpha listing off twenty Masters in his poem.
    True.

But I still feel that if we "add up the masters and the Servants" like in Regalia, it would be a rather small number of players. In addition, if we are going to put a "longer" time to the summoning, the people playing the Servants would be bored out of their minds, waiting for the summoning (look at Regalia, do you think you could last a year "waiting" for your summoning?).

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alpha listing twenty masters in his poem...

I lol'd imagining him trying to come up with more and more ways for people to die xD.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Yeah, but even if you had 18 players before, most of the time they'd be in groups of 2, making it nine or so updates per Verg post. Make it 18 pairs, and the number of updates per post rises considerably, especially if there are not alliances. Now what you get is a Regalia long MW update, paired with a Regalia Update, along with a bunch of projects you work on.

Admit it, if you were on Verg's shoes, you wouldn't even last. It's best to have 9 players, who control both Master and Servant, instead of 18+.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Yeah, but even if you had 18 players before, most of the time they'd be in groups of 2, making it nine or so updates per Verg post. Make it 18 pairs, and the number of updates per post rises considerably, especially if there are not alliances. Now what you get is a Regalia long MW update, paired with a Regalia Update, along with a bunch of projects you work on.

Admit it, if you were on Verg's shoes, you wouldn't even last. It's best to have 9 players, who control both Master and Servant, instead of 18+.
    Not really. Masters and Servants were allowed "different" actions. Which meant that both Master and Servant could move around and act separately.

But hey, I dont mind 9. Tbh, that would be even easier, since then we have the entire roster filled with the players already (since we have 9 players for sure).