Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343942434445464954 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/complete material III: World material.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of General Discussion View Post
    Ya, pretty much "Classes do not repeat".

You won't get two Sabres if there are two swordsman in the roster. The Grail will make sure to mix it up.
    "クラス分けされているのは同じ特色の英霊がかぶらないようにした配置かと。"

The reply implies after the Heroic Spirits are chosen, the Grail will try its best to "mix things up". The Heroic Spirits are chosen first, then they are squished into containers.

It's kind of like in the Fourth, both Kayneth and Emiya try to pull Sabre, but Kayneth "lost".
    I read it as this as well. Thanks for the clarification.

edit: oh, hi again food. You know, I thought about intentionally mistranslating something big to get Japanese speaking lurkers to out themselves so I can convince them to work on hollow, but they'd just all be your sock puppets, wouldn't they.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 8th, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Denial gets you no where.

The shroud was a memento of that one night of passionate love-making between Emiya and Ciel.
    And from this moment it's canon that Shiki nanaya ntred by Emiya

isn't Sad Shiki san
    Last edited by Lagoonate; May 8th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shiki can't be NTRd, the gland has an event horizon.
    And Ciel clearly passed it.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    "E-Emiya-san, have you ever made curry before?"

"Hmm... Let's try it."

BAR>Gland?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

More like, iron chef cooking greater then whatever this weak fleshy organ you keep talking about.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    She's already lost guys. I hate to break it to you that way, but she's gone.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Actually, that line could also possibly imply Caren if Nasu felt like messing with people. But yeah, Ciel too.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    But Caren likes mapo tofu, not curry.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    <herp derp
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    They're totally the same thing to those silly Japanese people...
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    They're totally the same thing to those silly Japanese people...
    Nasu knows the difference though. See the pissed off...thing in Prelude.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    In today's episode of CM3, I finish three more sections, Kotomine is nice sometimes, fanon is sold by a TYPE-MOON in an alternate universe, and Nasu shoots down yaoi fantasies.

Update is now live on the site. As always you can get there from the OP or my signature.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Noble Phantasms

Q: Though many Servants possess Noble Phantasms that appear in their actual myths and legends, there were some that felt like original creations for the game. What did you have in mind when you created these original Noble Phantasms (“Bounded Field of the Wind King: Invisible Air”, “All-Violating Talisman: Rule Breaker”)?
    A: Invisible Air was simply a form of sorcery meant to conceal a Noble Phantasm. I thought that surely Merlin could have managed that somehow! Heroic Spirits that possess overly famous Noble Phantasms have a trick or two to hide their true identities.
    [As for Rule Breaker,] I created it from her image as a treacherous archmage. I figured she would be too weak with only her Dragon’s Teeth soldiers.

Q: Does “King’s Treasure: Gate of Babylon” contain things such as rare but weak Noble Phantasms? I noticed he kept wine in there in Fate/Zero, so I was wondering if Gilgamesh’s everyday meals were in there as well.
    A: Anything can be found in there. Like a meat that multiplies in proportion to how much is eaten. He’s definitely the “NEET of Babylon.” [Ed.: NEETs are young Japanese people who are “not in education, employment or training.” AKA deadbeats]

Q: Is there any way to defend against “Delusional Heartbeat: Zabaniya”?
    A: One can simply stay out of True Assassin’s range, have high enough magical power to dispel the cursed mirror image heart that Zabaniya creates, or have high enough Luck to avoid it without any problem.

Regarding Sorcery and Magi

Q: Exactly what kind of power is sorcery? Is it something that can’t be used by normal people even if they obtained grimoires and studied them? Or is it something that is possible only with knowledge gained from performing magical rituals drawing on the Root?
    A: It is an occult art, grounded in and actualized via the Fifth Imaginary Element. Sorcery harnesses mana to interfere with phenomena; a shortcut that creates artificial changes in the world. ...That’s about as clear as fog, so to put it simply, it utilizes energies that don’t exist in reality, like mana, as chemical elements.
    More than anything else, sorcery requires the generation of mana, so people without Magic Circuits cannot practice sorcery no matter how hard they study its theories.

Q: What kind of humans are magi? Aside from the “Magic Circuits” that normal people dont have, is there any other difference in their body composition?
    A: It basically comes down to whether someone has Magic Circuits or not.

Q: Even though mana powers sorcery, if the practice of sorcery came down not to “technique” but rather “fist motion”, would magi be unable to sense mana?
    A: They can’t sense mana if it isn’t flowing. It’s in the same way you can’t ‘feel’ yourself being jinxed, or prayers to a god.

Q: Are there any living owners of exceptional Mystic Eyes such as the “Jewel,” “Rainbow,” or “Gold” colors?
    A: They are rare, but they certainly exist. Powerful vampires naturally possess Gold eyes.

Questions Regarding Characters

Q: What’s the best selling product at Copenhagen? Also, how much does Shirou earn per hour working part-time there?
    A: Whiskey. 950 yen per hour.

Q: It seemed like Shirou received some spending money for accompanying Fujimura Raiga on his hobbies. What are those hobbies?
    A: Sumo wrestling and hunting.

Q: On average, how much is one of Tohsaka Rin’s jewels worth?
    A: If we’re only talking about the ones she uses in combat, those go up to about 500,000 yen each. As for the ones made of crystals originally easy to store mana in, those are made of precious metals and fetch a very high price (I decided long ago that the gems would be very valuable). The Tohsaka have exclusive channels through which they obtain the jewels, and Rin racks her brains every day wondering whether she could a better price from the buyer if she made friends with that lady.

Q: How does Tohsaka Rin pay for her living expenses when she is performing sorcery using such valuable jewels? Is she eating up her parents’ inheritance? Has she taken up a part-time job like Shirou? Or has she turned her hand to some other trade?
    A: The Tohsaka family seems wealthy, and that’s because it receives royalties from magical patents (theories and rituals used at the Clock Tower. Like real-life patents), so their income is quite high. Even without doing anything, annual income is a solid #0,000,000 yen. ...Although, Rin feels a bit ashamed of this since it’s all thanks to the work of previous generations.

Q: After the Sakura route in which Rin proves herself a splendid disciple of Zelretch, would she be able to continue her training in peace? Or would she draw the attention of a Wizard Marshal and get mixed up in battles with vampires?
    A: You’ll have to pay close attention to London for that story! The parallel world version of TYPE-MOON will definitely sell it!

Q: Where did the Einzbern nobles get their narrow view of Japanese culture from? (That Japanese people are a tribe of headhunters, and other terrible and weird prejudices...). Did it come from their resentment of Kiritsugu?
    A: All foreigners are like that. (Secret Technique: Kinoko Reverse Discrimination)

Q: Where does the main Einzbern family live? The “von” in the is supposed to be German, right?
    A: They live in Germany, in a mountain district close by a certain river.

Q: Was Kuzuki not a Master in Saber’s route?
    A: He was a Master.

Q: When Kotomine gave Rin some really cute clothes for her birthday, was that because of his own personal tastes? Or did he just intentionally pick something that she wouldn’t like to troll her?
    A: It was out of unnecessary consideration for something he thought a girl her age would wear. ...Though if it were for his real daughter, it might actually suit her.

Q: In your original manuscript, does Shinji become a better person after he survives Rin’s route? And does have the potential to find happiness...?
    A: No fundamental changes, but since a great weight was lifted off his back (his obsession with sorcery), he'll probably be able to enjoy life as a fussy, loudmouthed, smarter-than-average, troublesome person.

Q: Since Sakura often eats at the Emiya home, does that mean Shinji is eating all by himself during those times? Or is he taking his meals with Zouken?
    A: Eating alone, hmm? He’s at some Italian restaurant flirting with girls!

Q: Can Zouken even eat normal food anymore?
    A: He can, but for him it’s more efficient to directly leech life force for nourishment. He’s already a specter, after all.

Q: Where did the Makiri clan originally emigrate from?
    A: It’s said that they came from somewhere around Russia.

Q: Will Ayako ever have a boyfriend?
    A: It seems like she wants to find one, but it also seems like she wants to stay single as long as possible... Miss Mitsuzuri is still fully interested in maidenhood, so she’ll probably be shot down soon after she enters college. By a young man suited to black-rimmed glassses, harmless to man and beast. ...I think I’ve seen a photo of those two somewhere...

Q: Issei’s favorite dishes are the lunches that Shirou makes... but it’s not like he has any delicate feelings for Shirou that extend beyond friendship, right?
    A: I definitely won’t talk about something hopeless like that. But Issei's feelings are purely as male friends. The bonds between men are STRONGEST!
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 8th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Q: When Kotomine gave Rin some really cute clothes for her birthday, was that because of his own personal tastes? Or did he just intentionally pick something that she wouldn’t like to troll her?
    A: It was out of unnecessary consideration for something he thought a girl her age would wear. ...Though if it were for his real daughter, it might actually suit her.
    Well, huh.

Q: Will Ayako ever have a boyfriend?
    A: It seems like she wants to find one, but it also seems like she wants to stay single as long as possible... She’s still fully interested in maidenhood, so she’ll probably be shot down soon after she enters college. By a young man suited to black-rimmed glassses, harmless to man and beast. ...I think I’ve seen a photo of those two somewhere...
    KnK confirmed part of Fate continuity, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Leo beat me to the punch, if only I hadn't been distracted by other things. Also talk about coincidences, we were just talking about discrimination just now in General Discussion.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    sorry, rin's CURRENT annual income is like a billion yen a year?

guess kotomine should have worked harder to stiff her on her inheritance.
    Last edited by Tobias; May 8th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I keep trying to tell you all that everything is part of everything continuity, but yoooooou people just keep obsessing over meaningless little details. 's enough to drive a guy MAD, you know. MAAAAAAAD!

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    sorry, rin's CURRENT annual income is like a billion yen a year?

guess kotomine should have worked harder to stiff her on her inheritance.
    It's # x 10,000,000 yen. Tens of millions. At the very least Rin has a six-figure income in US dollars, but she's not the kind of person who likes living off inheritance money.

I'm sure Kotomine's been rebuilding his pilfered wine cellar.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Q: In your original manuscript, does Shinji become a better person after he survives Rin’s route? And does have the potential to find happiness...?
    A: No fundamental changes, but since a great weight was lifted off his back (his obsession with sorcery), above all his fussiness, bad-mouthing, and mediocrity, he would become a little smarter, and be able to enjoy life as a confused person.
    Q: After Shinji survived in Rin's route, does he become a little better than he was during the story? And can he find happiness...?
    A: No fundamental changes, but since a great weight was lifted off his back (his obsession with sorcery), he'll probably be able to enjoy life as a fussy, loudmouthed, smarter-than-average, troublesome person.

Says so much about me that THAT's the mistake I immediately notice. (I could look through the rest too though if I can get over my laziness!)
    Last edited by Kotonoha; May 8th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

So Shinji doesn't change AT ALL after UBW. I feel like Mike is somehow vindicated.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    ....she has access to that? or does kirei have it all and he is doling it out a tiny piece of a time till she rounds 18 or something? Rin's stinginess implies the former, that line about rin feeling ashamed implies the latter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.