Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2328313233

Thread: The Marvel Comics Thread

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Man, The Vision by Tom King is just a great tragedy. And it's going to break your heart what happened to Victor Mancha if you liked the Runaways series.

Spoiler:

Keep in mind though, Victor's addiction is put in a tragic light. It's not exploitive or ham-fisted. It brings him peace now that he knows he isn't and doesn't feel as a true-blood human. And when he can't occupy himself with his friends, family, or a team he goes right back to it.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are any of the Runaways doing good since their series ended? Nico and Chase got put into a death game and became villains, Victor is apparently an addict, Molly most likely has M-pox, Xavin is still in space somewhere, Gert and Alex are both dead still.

I miss that series.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Nico's in A-force being a hero.

The rest besides Molly and Victor are unimportant.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Nico's in A-force being a hero.

The rest besides Molly and Victor are unimportant.
    Funny thing is that Chase unintentionally is the one that got Victor addicted. He gave Victor the vibranium to help calm his 'wiring'.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries

this is the legalize shit-storm that I live for.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    OC do not steal

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    one foot in one foot out

Blog Entries
    Ultimates should not be as good as it is. Given how not good the original Ultimates was.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Al Ewing is a great writer yeah, most of his books are pretty good.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    I'd heard fairly good things about him, but this is my first book from him just cause the team looked so esoteric, and it ended up being really fucking good.

I mean it's basically just a FF comic, but it's a really damn good FF comic.

Banned
    I bought two volumes of Spider Gwen. They don't contain the origin of Spider Gwen and do contain references to a bunch of other bullshit that the editor literally breaks the fourth wall to tell me to read. That is a large part of everything I hate about cape comics.

Blog Entries
    Necroposting to say I read Ruins, and I'm reacting to it incorrectly. I don't think I'm supposed to feel more optimistic than when I started.

There was so much effort put into making the ground open up to swallow any semblance of light, but I couldn't help but reach the absolutely miserable ending where everything comes to nothing, look at the canyon of despair opening up to drag you away from this damned universe, and think "they could make that jump".

I mean, the premise is that everything that can go wrong did, and the butterfly effect of bad days stacked up and unfolded into pointless bleakness without end. The bad days did not stop. It even highlights a few places that resulted in sections of the timeline going bad.

But you can't just give me that and expect me to despair. You've shown me exactly what needed to change in order for a better outcome to have occurred - ergo, good things are possible, and the butterfly effect can logically magnify them in the same way.

I reached the last page, and instead of feeling hollow like the writer wanted me to, I just felt like there's no reason why tomorrow couldn't be the first ever good day.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    The writer claimed the story is supposed to be a dark comedy, as in because things are so overwhelmingly dark and miserable that you can't help but laugh. The general consensus, though, is that it doesn't achieve that as much as come off as fascinating with how bleak it is.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spent the weekend reading "Legion of Monsters" from 2007. Not a team-up, but rather a short series of unrelated one-shots of Marvel's classic monsters from over the years. They were also each double bills so for example, included in the "Morbius the Living Vampire" issue was a second one-shot story revolving around "Lilith, Daughter of Dracula".

The purpose of the run seemed to have been to reintroduce these characters back into the mainstream as most would go on to feature either in their own books shortly after or as major characters in other people's - such as Simon Garth AKA "The Zombie" unsurprisingly is key in fighting back against the zombie apocalypse in "Marvel Zombies 4".

The one-shots were a mixed bag. Some like Morbius' were interesting as it explored his desire for blood in comparison to the homeless drug addicts that he disguised himself amongst as he hid from the authorities. Others weren't so good, such as Man-Thing who is a very difficult character to base stories around and this one wasn't handled so well.

Speaking of Morbius, I read that the desire was to have him be the villain of a future Tom Holland Spider-Man movie, but honestly I am so over superhero movies at this point so I'd much more be interested in seeing them make more monster movies like the "Werewolf by Night" special on Disney+. Imagine Jared Leto trying to fist fight with the Wendigo for example...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Fucker of the Kirei Kirei_fucker69's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No
    US Friend Code
    Phone broke, account lost
    Been reading some old Dr Strange stuff by Ditko. It's interesting to see how things involving the character evolved - like the Eye of Agamotto just being called the Amulet at first and just how sparse his early supporting cast is with just Wong and the Ancient One. But regardless, it did remind me of the old "In Search of Steve Ditko" documentary.

It's really interesting to hear about the history of Marvel, to a degree I'd say a lot of the early IRL history is more interesting than some of their early stories. Especially in regards to Lee and his collaborators and who should get credit for what.
    I've always been more on the artists' sides than Lee - especially considering the stuff they bring up in the documentary about Ditko coming up with Doctor Strange all on his own and Kirby allegedly writing the entire Galactus Trilogy by himself (apparently Lee's entire story outline was just "the Fantastic 4 fight God" - but I was wondering what other people thought about this.