Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Comics Thread

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    Oh hey, a thread like that exists.

Damn Superior Spider-man and everyone who likes it, I haven't raged this hard at a Spider-man comic since that whole One More Day bullshit.
    Look at my reasoning for staying on. We get to see Ock crash and burn in the most spectacular way possible before Peter shows up to take back his life!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I can get why the concept was approved, since I was really impressed by Knightfall. But the way they did it I guess is what ticks people off, the whole switching bodies and Otto doing whatever he wants in Peter's body.
    Yeah, plus we now that when Pete does return all the bridges he had built will be burnt and no ally will trust him completely again, most likely thinking that he's back to his jokey personality because he failed spectacularly with 'his' attempts at creating his own super team, army, etc. The only people who would still trust him even remotely would be the Fantastic Four, Carlie Cooper, and Anna-Marie. And the last one might not last for long because Peter's personality is radically different from SpOck's, the guy she had been dating.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    Superior Spider-Man is arguably worse than the whole Mephisto thing. I don't see any hope for Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Superior Spider-Man is arguably worse than the whole Mephisto thing. I don't see any hope for Peter.
    I like to think that SpOck's fuck-ups are just Mephisto, having some free time, decides to fuck Peter's life up more. And will be laughing like a loon when Peter DOES come back...
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Stop tempting me.

Does anyone like Carol Danvers, the new Captain Marvel. I really liked the 1st volume I read by Du Connick and it seems that a new book should by out featuring her.
    It's been pretty cool so far. It kind of reminds me of the new Hawkeye series, which I very much am a fan of.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Its really a pity that we don't get in here. Damn I wanted to read it.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    It's been pretty cool so far. It kind of reminds me of the new Hawkeye series, which I very much am a fan of.
    Oh yeah, I also read 1st volume of Fraction's Hawkeye, and I was glad to have jumped on that bandwagon.

Read the recent Superior Spider-Man issue. Have to say, Ock is really screwed right now. He beat the living crap out of Black Cat, making an enemy out of her, took a huge loan from Jay, May, and Maria for his future 'Parker Industries', promised his girlfriend Anna Maria who he legitimately loves and isn't an asshole to a job in said future industry, and... is accused of plagiarism by his professor on his thesis by copying his own work. (As in Doc Ock is getting in trouble for using his own research)

So Ock just may be expelled and humiliated by the very guy he thought was an idiot (Who said idiot thought he was Ock's friend) and treated like crap!

Not to mention Ock's very angry Ex Stunner is coming to kick 'Spider-Man's ass for killing 'Ock'.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; October 30th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Well... Galactus is in the Ultimate's House.

And he arrived like the boss he is.

Also, seems Aaron Taylor-Johnson is actually going to be Quicksilver

Thoughts?
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let Miles survive it Marvel, give that if you are not going to compromise with the other Spider–man

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Let Miles survive it Marvel, give that if you are not going to compromise with the other Spider–man
    You do know this is Ultimate Marvel right?
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I'm talking in general instead of in-universe.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I just finished reading every up to pre-Miles Ultimate Spider-man.

I really like it - deaths and stuff aside it feels like the events of Ultimate Comics have actual gravity to them. I actually give a shit about the characters because the Reset Button isn't a thing that gets used every single story arc. Brand New Day in the mainline universe really turned me off from ASM; all that writing and relationship building for nothing.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    Well... Galactus is in the Ultimate's House.
    Didn't they already have their own Ultimate version of Galactus?

Also, seems Aaron Taylor-Johnson is actually going to be Quicksilver
    As the title star of both "Kick-Ass" films
    Uh, I didn't recognize him at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Didn't they already have their own Ultimate version of Galactus?
    Yeah, but this is 616 Galactus. One that just walked into the Ultimate Universe and made their version his Herald. Because he is far, far more powerful than the Galactus Swarm ever was.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I know. It's silly (to me).

I know. It's silly (to me).
    Not really. The 616 Galactus is something the Ultimate Universe has never faced before. Each hero and team is worn out by recent physical and personal battles. The person who could possibly stop it, Reed Richards, is insane and now curled into a ball. 616 Galactus is a threat to the universe on a scale that none of the heroes can ever hope to imagine. He's a literal threat to their existence, and this time they don't have the Ultimate Nullifier to bail them out. Hell, their own cosmic heroes and alien forces barely slowed the big guy down.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    It's silly because it's meaningless to have a "Ultimate" universe if you're just going to push aside your characters and bring into the plot someone from the main universe. To me, it says that they didn't quite make it and whelp, they need backup. What's the next step, 1610-Spiderman can't defeat Venom, 616-Spiderman comes to save the day?

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If anything, they should bring back Ben Reilly.

That would warm my guts.

It's silly because it's meaningless to have a "Ultimate" universe if you're just going to push aside your characters and bring into the plot someone from the main universe. To me, it says that they didn't quite make it and whelp, they need backup. What's the next step, 1610-Spiderman can't defeat Venom, 616-Spiderman comes to save the day?
    Not really. From the sound of things the Ultimate Universe is doomed and Miles is going to be stranded in the main universe.

Basically, the Ultimate universe is pretty much fucked.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Good news everyone! Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones are going to get their own mini-series' on Netflix!

Thank god Marvel is actually doing something with these characters that they own! Especially Daredevil!
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics: