Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Wild FANFIC Appears!

A Wild FANFIC Appears!

"A Wild Fanfic Appears!" by Mereo Flere

XXX

They had been lying in wait for Ilyasviel and her servant for a few hours now, ready to ambush them when they finally appeared. Rin knew that it was a dirty tactic, but it was their only chance of winning now that her Archer had been killed while he bought her and the others time to escape. Even after they had spent the night “charging” Saber up, there was no guarantee that the King of Knights would be able to take on Berserker head on. They needed to catch Ilyasviel off guard and hit her with a surprise attack… or at least that had been the plan.

“Shirou!” Rin hissed, as he gallantly strode into the clearing. “What are you doing?”

“Getting out in the open,” Shirou said, glancing back. “The battle can’t start until she sees me, you know.”

Rin face palmed. “For the last time, this isn’t Pokémon! You’re going to get yourself killed!”

“Don’t worry Tohsaka,” Shirou said as he confidently pumped a fist in the air. “I know what I’m doing. I’m going to win.”

“Have you forgotten the fact that she’s already beaten you before?”

“That’s only because I had only just gotten Saber at that point. We’ve gotten stronger since then.”

Rin’s eye twitched, before looking to Saber. “You,” she said, pointing at the other girl.
    “You’ve have to talk some sense into him.”

Saber nodded. “She’s right, Shirou,” the knight said sternly.

“See?”

“We’ve only defeated Rider since our last match with Berserker, and she seemed to be pretty low in level. It shouldn’t have been enough to level me up.”

Rin stared at Saber, before sighing. So what if Saber was a little crazy, Shirou should listen to that reasoning. “Whatever,” she said with a shrug. “The point is, Shirou, you can’t just attack Berserker head on.”

Shirou clicked his tongue three times, wagging his finger at the two girls. “You’re forgetting something important, Saber,” he said confidently. “We did a lot of grinding last night. How could you forget either, Tohsaka? You were there too you know.”

“…that was to transfer prana to your servant!” Rin retorted, a small blush on her face. “It’s not the same kind of grinding you do in an RPG! Even if this was a game, you don’t get experience points from that sort of thing!”

“Really?” Shirou said, raising a brow. “It worked in God of War, with the –”

“Shut up! You’re hurting my brain!” Rin shouted. “In any case, I refuse to let you walk straight to your death!

“That’s nice Rin, but-”

“Seriously!” she yelled, stomping her foot. “You need to stop talking Shirou, and get back here at once!”

“But-”

“No buts!” Rin declared, crossing her arms. “If you really have something to say, I’ll listen to it after you get your ass back into cover! If you don’t start walking back, right now, I swear I am going to shove a jewel so far up your ass that you’ll be choking on it!”

Shirou, for a moment, wondered if she was serious. After examining the glare she was giving him, however, he decided not to take the chance. “Okay, okay!” Shirou said, raising his hands in defeat.

With that, Shirou jogged over. “Was that so hard?” Rin asked with a tired sigh. Really, she shouldn’t have to work this much just trying to keep him alive.

“No, not really. Still, I think you should hear what I have to say.”

“Well,” Rin said, preparing herself for the headache that was sure to come with whatever inane thing he was going to say. “Go ahead. I’m listening.”

“Ilyasviel is already here,” he said bluntly, pointing at Rin. No, wait, he was pointing at something behind Rin.

“…you have to be kidding me,” Rin said, not daring to turn around. “This is a joke right? Tell me this is one of your stupid jokes, Shirou.”

“Onii-chan!” a voice behind Rin yelled. “I, Ilyasviel von Einzbern, challenge you to battle!”

Rin really hated her life at that moment. She really, really hated her life.

“So, uh, should I keep on hiding?” Shirou asked, looking over Rin – before waving to Ilyasviel.

“Do whatever you like,” Rin said, throwing her arms up in defeat. “We’re all going to die now anyway.”

XXX

Rin knew the odds were stacked against Shirou. Still, part of her still hoped that there might be a miracle today – maybe come up with some trick that could defeat Berserker.

“Saber, use razor wind!”

…then again, that was probably just wishful thinking.

“Like I said, Shirou, this isn’t Pokémon! That isn’t going to-”

“Okay, Shirou!” Saber said – raising her invisible sword above her head. To Rin’s surprise, a gale of wind came out as she brought the blade down – flying at Berserker. In that instant, Rin’s hope rose up again, just in time to see the attack do absolutely nothing when it hit Berserker. The giant didn’t even stagger, and instead just stood there as if there had been nothing more than a stiff breeze passing by.

“Tsk,” Shirou said. “It isn't very effective.”

“He must be a rock or ground type, Shirou!”

“Of course,” Shirou said, slapping his forehead. “I should have realized that, what with his body being so grey. Do you have any water or grass attacks?”

“Unfortunately no,” Saber said sadly, shaking her head.

Really, why had she ever expected anything out of these two to begin with? “Why don’t you try Hyper Beam,” she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

“That’s it!” Shirou said. “Great idea Tohsaka!”

“Wait,” Rin said, blinking, “What?”

“Saber, use Hyper Beam!”

“Got it Shirou! Ex…”

This was impossible. This was ridiculous. Rin refused to believe this was happening.

“…calibur!"

“Berserker, no!” Ilya shouted, as her servant was engulfed by a brilliant beam of light.

...and, just like that the battle was over. Well, maybe not quite over.

“O-Onii-chan, what do you think you’re doing?”

“Shirou,” Rin said blandly, looking over to where he ran to after Berserker died. “Why are you molesting Ilyasviel?”

Shirou blinked, looking back at Rin – hands still going through Ilyasviel’s pockets. “Eh? Isn’t it normal to take money from enemy trainers?”
    Last edited by Mereo Flere; May 2nd, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh my god, Mereo, you SO crazy and awesome.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    *Laughing too hard to reply*
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Fucking lol'd.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Blog Entries
    A: Have you got enough weapons King of Heroes?

System: Archer used 'Swords Dance' - Archer's attack greatly increased!

G: Impudent mongrel!

System: Gilgamesh used 'Slash'
    System: Archer used 'COUNTER-GUARDIAN HAX' - 9999999999 dmg!

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh used Destiny Bond!

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I lul'd.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

You've done it again! It's amazing Mereo, your fanfics consistently make me lol.... just how do you do it?!
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

Blog Entries
    Sweet. Love the work, Mereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    This made my day.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameStrike View Post
    You've done it again! It's amazing Mereo, your fanfics consistently make me lol.... just how do you do it?!
    It's not that hard, actually. I just come up with an impossible situation, and see how it would play out.

In this case? It's obviously the fact that Rin understood what "RPGs" and "Experience Points" are, let alone the fact that Hyper Beam was a move from Pokemon. It would mean that she successfully managed to use something electronic like a gaming console after all.

Blog Entries
    Oh my god, I lol'd.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Too bad Berserker don't have a chance to use his turn.
    Troublesome.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereo Flere View Post
    It's not that hard, actually. I just come up with an impossible situation, and see how it would play out.

In this case? It's obviously the fact that Rin understood what "RPGs" and "Experience Points" are, let alone the fact that Hyper Beam was a move from Pokemon. It would mean that she successfully managed to use something electronic like a gaming console after all.
    Hm, there ARE paperback RPGs and pokemon cardgames, so Rin did not need to deal with the ommnisiah.

Blog Entries
    Win. Pure win.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Mereo, your stories are always good for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Hm, there ARE paperback RPGs and pokemon cardgames, so Rin did not need to deal with the ommnisiah.
    Snap, you're right. I completely forgot about those.

Though, Rin as an RPer would be pretty funny. Especially if she does LARP... and cheats by using her own real spells.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Magic Missile"

"Weren't you a cleri- GRADG!"

Rin has gained 15 xp! Rin has found 2 yen!

Lulz amusing as ever