Thread: Is there already a set day to play Melty Blood?

Blog Entries

Is there already a set day to play Melty Blood?

A lot of communities for niche multiplayer games I play will select a day of the week where everyone who participates will play the game around the same time on the same day. Since MBTL seems completely dead most of the time (at least on console), it would be a good idea to do this if it hasn't been done already.

(If somehow this hasn't been done, I guess this thread can be repurposed into an event discussion and be renamed "[day of the week] MBTL" or whatever.)
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe Lumina is dead enough that getting games would ever be a problem, so it might be a matter your location. Depending on where you are, it's probably easier or harder to get games. The Meltycord has only 69 people in oceania for example, so I imagine it'd be proportionally harder to get a game than in NA where there are 1370 active posters as I write this. Worst case you can just ask for games in your region directly.

With all that said, Friday or Saturday evening in EU and both americas is a good time to look for matches in any game.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the OCE lfg in mbaacc just has a link to the australian anime fgccord. Damn that's a bit depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and make sure you're using a wired connection! People will straight dodge wi-fi players these days.

Blog Entries
    I am in NA but whenever I enter networked mode it is always dead. And by dead I mean no social rooms (except the occasional private one that disappears after a few minutes) and no one playing ranked. As far as the wired connection, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's also worth noting that I have all of my search parameters set to "any" or some equivalent, so I should be looking at everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that I play on XBOX, not PC. I don't think that would make a big difference, though.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

Divination does not always reveal that which we seek, only what may be the truth.

Anyway, basically you're playing a japanese fighting game on a western console, which has only really ever worked for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 because the ps3 was an inept machine.
    Adding onto that, Frenchbread native matchmaking is also already very sus, as any UNI player can confirm. In order to get matches in old uni, you need to set your server location on steam to Manchester. It's pretty funny. People had trouble finding matches during the UNI2 open beta, which... really shouldn't have been a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

This may be the reason why a lot of people want crossplay to be the next big QoL thing implemented after rollback. Just a thought.