Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Perspective Vortex

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The one I hear most people use is Paint SAI. Though it's also supposed to be expensive. But you can... you know... Yo ho ho
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Yeah SAI is what I use the most. It's the best for simple drawing. Every editor with pressure sensitivity support will go. Gimp, Photoshop among the most popular. I also like Manga Studio for the fine stroke stabilizer, but as editor it's specialized for making comics and not very comfortable for random drawing.

We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    Doesn't seem like my tablet supports pressure sensitivity. Now what?
    paint.NET I guess.

EDIT: Actually just needed better drivers.
    Last edited by Quad; September 12th, 2014 at 04:25 PM.

It's been a while, so no fanart yet, but here's my practice picture in case anyone cares.
    pear pressured into art

I draw things like this when strangers are in my house trying to talk to me.
    wat
    Last edited by Quad; September 12th, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

You'd rather make your own thread for posting your pictures.
    As for first one: shading strokes should lie more accurately, indicating shape of the object, it's volume and/or texture.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Don't worry, I'll make my own thread once I'm ready to actually draw things.
    And yeah, I seem to have kind of forgotten how to shading. I used to draw this same picture all the time on Art Academy for the DS. And with pencil/paper.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlandmine View Post
    Yeah SAI is what I use the most. It's the best for simple drawing. Every editor with pressure sensitivity support will go. Gimp, Photoshop among the most popular. I also like Manga Studio for the fine stroke stabilizer, but as editor it's specialized for making comics and not very comfortable for random drawing.
    Yeah, I use Manga Studio and it sucks for single drawings. You can't even color without creating a separate specialized layer for it.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    And yeah, I seem to have kind of forgotten how to shading. I used to draw this same picture all the time on Art Academy for the DS. And with pencil/paper.
    Switching from traditional to digital drawing is not that easy yeah. Deviantart has crapload of tutorials for drawing techniques (here and here for shading as example) to recall and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Yeah, I use Manga Studio and it sucks for single drawings. You can't even color without creating a separate specialized layer for it.
    To be fair, making separate layer (or more likely multiple layers) for coloring is a common thing, but indeed creating a normal non-monochrome layer for coloring in Manga Studio is not a one-click task like in most editors.

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The big problem with drawing digital is that where your pencil/stylus is moving is far away from where the drawing is. Unless you have one of the super fancy super expensive tablets with touch screens.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    The big problem with drawing digital is that where your pencil/stylus is moving is far away from where the drawing is. Unless you have one of the super fancy super expensive tablets with touch screens.
    Most tablets have those these days.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I believe he meant tablets with displays like Cintiq.

Drawing on regular tablet is weird at first, but then you get used to it. Hell people learn to draw great stuff even with mouse. As a kid I spent some time drawing with trackball, lol

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I believe he meant tablets with displays like Cintiq.
    Nah, that's what I meant. It's been a while since I actually saw a regular tablet, ie. one without a display and touchscreen that you draw on. They're a lot cheaper these days.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Ah. It's other way around for me, all the RL people with tablets I know have regular ones. I got Intuos this year, before had small Bamboo for years. I figured tablets with displays were for professional artists... Maybe I'll buy myself one when achieve some big level up in drawing

I'm trying to get into coloring and palettes with these

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    I still do mouse drawing because I'm poor and Irish.

The pic you posted in your thread doesn't look drawn with a mouse :P

Actually having only mouse on your disposal can push one to master the famous lasso drawing technique

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    The pic you posted in your thread doesn't look drawn with a mouse :P

Actually having only mouse on your disposal can push one to master the famous lasso drawing technique
    It's mouse drawn. I can't prove that it's mouse drawn because this is the internet, but it's mouse drawn. The only reason that the strokes are tapered is because SAI has its lovely little linework layer with a pressure tool.

But lasso drawing is great. Instead of precise brushstrokes, I just draw loop after loop of color and then blur it into oblivion.

I have a tablet PC if anyone cares. I'm busy with school at the moment but I'm still working on getting arts for my own thread.

I really like that evening landscape there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    It's mouse drawn. I can't prove that it's mouse drawn because this is the internet, but it's mouse drawn. The only reason that the strokes are tapered is because SAI has its lovely little linework layer with a pressure tool.

But lasso drawing is great. Instead of precise brushstrokes, I just draw loop after loop of color and then blur it into oblivion.
    Well my apologies then --'
    drawing a picture like that with a mouse must be quite a hard work.
    I meant this kind of technique
    I have a tablet PC if anyone cares. I'm busy with school at the moment but I'm still working on getting arts for my own thread.

I really like that evening landscape there.
    Thanks

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

If you're using a normal DS/DS Lite, get Colors!. That program is beautiful.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    That's completely different from what I had in mind, and I learned that the moment I actually Googled "lasso drawing".

That's a very interesting style though.