Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Regalia: Timeskip Summonings

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 23:52 - Night
    Day: April 8th

"And what is square one? Is it even possible to get back to this 'square one' after moving forwards?"
    "
    I
    You
    would be the one to know, right...? Because that's always the case. Why even bother starting anything, if it all will be returned to nothing eventually...?"

The reflection spoke with this cynical undertone, self-loathing gleaming in its eyes. With its hand, it caressed the surface of the crystal from the inside, like it had been a weapon in the hands of a serial killer. The lookalike then looked at the original Felix, and for a split second, a surge of murderous aura swept from inside the crystal, washing over the clearing like a flash flood. The caressing hand of the reflection was clenched into a fist, and with a face of only disdain, it drew that hand back and struck the crystal with all of its force.

----- The nigh indestructible material shattered like glass, raining outwards on Felix and forcing him to retreat a few steps.

"That is why there's no point to this either, is there...?" The reflection softly spoke as it stepped out of the crystal. "A contract, a promise, a bond... it will eventually just break. Nothing in this world lasts, right...? It is the law of the universe, to whimper and die out a pitiful, pro-longed, freezing cold death..."

The blazing blue eyes were directed at Felix as the reflection slapped its hand against it's face, dragging it slowly down as if contemplating on the futility of the existence before it; the existence of Felix Caelum. The judgment in those eyes, the penalty of being deemed worthless... it was all too clear. The reflection had given up on everything, to the point of even forsaking its original - In other words, it was preparing for the kill.

"... So, I'll just do
    Me
    you
    a favor..." The reflection dragged its words like a python in the sun. "... And end it all here."

Something cracked at the back of the neck of the reflection. Blood sprouted in a fountain from the wound created, and covered the reflection's back in an instant. But, just as it started to seem that it was all that was going to happen, another type of liquid began pouring out; it was black and gooey, like slime from the sewers, which slowly started covering the reflection's entire body. It slid against his skin, ignoring his clothes, hiding his true form from the eyes of the boy. Eventually, when the goo had reached the right places, it started hardening, becoming chitin-like armor that ripped apart the clothes as it took its protective form around the reflection.

------- And when that black liquid reached the right hand of the reflection, it begun to form a sword.

It was an instrument of malice, a long and inelegant sword, like an elongated hammer with two edges. It's jagged surface wasn't one meant for slow and quick death, but for agony of a longer time period caused by bleeding dry. It was truly a weapon made for suffering; no matter how one would swing it, it would swing it, a quick coup de grace was impossible: what awaited was only torturous death.

Aiming this weapon at Felix, the reflection once again slapped its face and dragged the hand down, covering his own face with the black liquid, It began to harden, forming a malformed mask on his face. At the same time, the little of the veins that could still be seen gained a pulsating, purple color, no doubt caused by the liquid that had entered the reflection's blood-stream. However, the sensation of burning prana was unmistakable, announcing the usage of a spell by the reflection.

Finally, the reflection was ready: clad in armor of black chitin, dripping black liquid that had the most foul aura and aiming its sword at its original, it directed its killing intent towards Felix.

“I think, therefore I am. My thoughts are myself, therefore my existence is me.”

-------------------------------------
    Felix Caelum vs. DASEIN: Felix

Call of thy soul raised a legend
    Reflection of victor only in crystals of thy anima
    Yes, this is fight or fall
    Let this be a battle of the death of thyself
    Battle, BEGIN!

Felix –AGI D- vs. D: Felix –AGI C-
    TURN 1: DASEIN: Felix

Without a sound of warning, the reflection charged forward. It ran like wildfire, covering the short distance between the two of them faster than any normal human should have been able to. Its face showed no expression, not even that of sadistic pleasure. Instead, the only hint of emotion came form the blue eyes that seemed to hold deep disdain for Felix within them; as if the reflection had not found him even worthy of explanation of why things had turned out this way.

Bending its body, the reflection swung back the sword before bringing it down in an overhead slash meant to cleave Felix in half. It was a strange way of fighting, showing no effort at all. The sword simply followed lazily after the reflection's arm's movement, and yet it was used with terrifying power. A strike from this attack would, most definitely mean a gruesome end for the boy.

"... It's all meaningless, in the end...!" the reflection hissed.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Felix Caelum
    Time: 23:52 - Night
    Turn 2

"
    I
    You
    would be the one to know, right...? Because that's always the case. Why even bother starting anything, if it all will be returned to nothing eventually...?"

He responded once more, a cynical tone ever and with that silence once more fell between us as the reflection caressed the crystal from the inside. Gazing upwards, I ponder on his words, words that I can scarcely believe are coming from my own reflection. Never beginning anything simply because it would end? What makes someone think like that, let alone someone who is supposed to be me? His vague answers only lead to more questions, questions that are going to be left unanswered with how this is going.

Looking back to the crystal now I begin to open my mouth before I notice it, the reflection now has his eyes locked on me. The feeling of danger washes over me, rising by the second as the reflection finally moves with vigor and draws his fist.

With a sound as if glass shattering, the crystal breaks with one easy strike, on instinct I back away as fast as I can to avoid the falling pieces. The crystal was ruined and from it came the true danger as I saw my reflection walk out from it unscathed, his face contorted with scorn.

"That is why there's no point to this either, is there...? A contract, a promise, a bond... it will eventually just break. Nothing in this world lasts, right...? It is the law of the universe, to whimper and die out a pitiful, pro-longed, freezing cold death..."

Glaring at me as he dragged a hand down his face, those words resonated in the night air. To him, this was all another useless affair that had no reason to exist...thus it shouldn't have surprised me when he uttered those words.

"... So, I'll just do
    Me
    you
    a favor...and end it all here."

As he spoke, a disgusting sound filled the air and blood poured out of the back of his neck before it was replaced by...something else. Neither the blood or the strange black substance simply fell, instead it covered his body. When it had covered him fully, armored formed, black as the night sky above but what kept my attention was what else had formed, in his right hand he now held a cruel weapon. The weapon had the bare appearance of a sword seemingly, though not one that I had seen before. It was a blade made for a slow death, one that would torment its victim before finally ending them.

A chill ran up my spine as he aimed the mockery of a blade at me, he spoke no words but dragged a hand across his face once more causing his face to be covered in the black goo. It twisted and turned before forming a mask finally, though he spoke no words still, the reflection did not hide what he was doing, veins turning people as he used what I could only think was a spell. Now his attention was upon me, in his chitin armor he was ready.

I realized how much of a fool I was now for not acting sooner, for just what that spell was even if it was visually different...after all this reflection was still me, even now.

“I think, therefore I am. My thoughts are myself, therefore my existence is me.”

With that he begun, a charge at me, dragging the blade behind him lazily. There was no time to think about options, even as he charged already I began weaving my own spell, a quick chant as prana ran through my circuits, a spell so simple in effect and yet exactly what I needed in this time of need. He had crossed not even half the distance between us before it was done, a spell that mirrored the same he had just used. Before it, he would have had no trouble cleaving me in two but now, there was no chance of it.

As I felt my body being strengthened by it, he was upon me but now I was faster. As he swung down, I had already moved to the side but I had not stopped there, I had to keep the gap between us as large as possible if I had any chance to survive this let alone win...somehow.

Managing to put some distance between us, I'm able to catch my breath as I look to the twisted black visage which was only moments ago my twin.

"I don't know why you're saying this but those things aren't pointless, nothing is pointless."

In between catching my breath I speak those words, I don't know why I try but I do, keeping my gaze on him as I continue.

"I'm not going to lie down and just let you kill me. Whatever you might believe, true bonds are not so easily broken and neither am I!"

Wiseup!
    Felix Caelum

STR: E
    AGI : D -> B
    END: D
    PRA: A
    CAS: A

Spells

Facticius Cruor
    Enhances the physical attributes of the target by circulating specialized prana the body and it. The bonus itself is either a rank increase to two stat or a double rank increase to one stat.

Lasts 10 turns.

The spell cannot stack with itself.
    Last edited by Dranes; January 4th, 2014 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Time: 23:53 - Night
    Turn 3

"I don't know why you're saying this but those things aren't pointless, nothing is pointless. I'm not going to lie down and just let you kill me. Whatever you might believe, true bonds are not so easily broken and neither am I!"
    "... Quit lying to yourself. There is nothing in this world that lasts..." The reflection spoke slowly, elongating every word. "This... is the nature of humanity. The true arche of ourselves."

Swinging it's sword to the side, like an executioner's axe, the reflection splashed forth a whip of the black liquid that oozed from its wound. As it flew towards Felix, the ooze took a shape of a twisted globe, turning and spinning on its own axis. It was like a barely contained tidal wave of sewer liquid, about to splash on the mage... if it truly had been aimed at him. However, despite it's initial trajectory, the spinning of the globe at the center caused it to hit the ground just behind Felix. It splashed upon the ground, staining it like blood of a monster.

In that instant, the ground behind Felix exploded into ice.

Something almost like a small glacier took form, growing rapidly around the boy. It was a near circular in shape, leaving only a small, man-wide chasm in the direction from where the reflection had shot it. The pitch-black ice was so cold that the freezing temperatures caused Felix's skin to go into painful goosebumps, and his clothing to solidify as if they had been dried out completely. The trap of ice rose so high that there was no way out of there, not even jumping with strengthened legs, other than the chasm that led straight to the melee-range of the reflection.

"I want it... yes, I do want it... for everything to be stagnant and non-changing..." the reflection whispered, raising its sword. "But I am an incomplete existence, incapable of such bliss... thus, I only watch everything fall back into nothingness..."

The wicked sword was now in position, and the reflection took a lazy stance that still emanated the dread of death. It was preparing itself. It would only take the reflection a second or two to charge forth, and slaughter Felix in the killbox it had prepared. It was a slaughterhouse made out of black ice, as gruesome as the visage of the entity itself.

"... Myself included!" the reflection hissed, it's eyes flashing with a promise of a painful oblivion.

Wise Up!
    Name: DASEIN: Felix
    Alignment:
    Truth

STR:
    C
    END:
    C
    AGI:
    C
    CAS:
    A
    PRA:
    A

Spells

Mors Acceleration
    The usage of unearthly liquid to boost one's combat power. The sanctity of the body is sacrificed for the sake of ultimate power. It has the capacity of powering up the user to almost infinite ends, breaking through the restraints of a mortal body. The user is able to freely Rank Up any of his attributes four times as long as he is covered in the black liquid that makes up the earthly coil of this spell.

Boreas Flood
    Black ice of shattering, the frigid tidal wave that will freeze anything that stands in its way. If used against a human opponent, it is capable of freezing any opponent solid unless they have both PRA and END attributes of A-rank, or possess external defenses against such an attack. If utilized on the terrain, Boreas Flood is capable of creating walls of sturdy ice that will prevent escape. The shape and size of these walls is decided by the user on the moment of casting, and they are marked by the black liquid that becomes the catalyst for the black, cursed ice to form.

Felix Caelum
    Time: 23:54 - Night

Turn 4

As his sword struck the ground, he was unfettered by the fact he missed instead he simply continued on. It didn't matter to him if I died now or in due time, to him I was going to die regardless of how long I struggled, however I had to prove him wrong, I had to keep on going!

"... Quit lying to yourself. There is nothing in this world that lasts...this... is the nature of humanity. The true arche of ourselves."

Even as he spoke those words, he already begun his next attack, black liquid similar to what he wore shot out at me, changing in form to a sphere before striking the floor in front of me. To think he had missed would be a fool's mistake, this was all part of whatever plan he had. As if to reaffirm my thoughts, the next moment something rose behind me, an impassable glacier of black ice that left only one way to go: forwards to the executioner's axe. Just being close to the ice affected me as both my body and clothing reacted to the deathly cold that now surrounded me.

This was bad, very bad.

"I want it... yes, I do want it... for everything to be stagnant and non-changing...but I am an incomplete existence, incapable of such bliss... thus, I only watch everything fall back into nothingness..."

With that he readied his sword, if I did nothing now then I would be run through.

Though even with this terror, my mind still went back to the words he spoke.

Running from the truth, lying to myself.

An impossible world that was stagnant and non-changing, something I want yet can never have, a time of bliss.

He was right. In the end, no matter what I did there would always be an end, no matter what it was. It was simply a natural turn of events for such things to occur, to go against this would be to go against nature itself. The life he spoke of would always be impossible no matter what, the bliss that I had once before will forever be gone but accepting was something that perhaps I could never do. Never reaching out to another and living in the present rather then the pastl, living a hollow life for a simple wish, perhaps that is his and my 'incomplete existence'.

I came here to find a way to go back to those times. Everything else was second to that desire.

But that's not right.

"You are right, inevitably everything will end."

I could only nod with those words, the inevitability of humanity was its mortality.

But there was an answer I still searched for, that I still needed to find.

"Time always moves on, a stagnant and non-changing world is an impossible dream, to hope that nothing will ever change is childish."

Once more prana courses through my body, however this was different then before. Foreign circuits grafted on to me activate as prana courses through it, the treasure of a magus clan that I 'inherited': the Magic Crest. The burning sensation on my right shoulder is now all but gone, I could use the crest now as easy as any other circuit in my body. Though my family was said to be relatively young, the knowledge stored would make another think otherwise, however such pondering was for another time. I had found the spell I needed inside the crest and in moments I had activated it, a spell that I myself would never be able to cast as I am, a spell that would hopefully give me the answers I wanted, no needed. Streaks of white light raced from the circuit into my right hand, soon covering it in the same glow indicating that it was ready, to an outsider it would seem quite simple and unimpressive compared to what another could do.

"I don't know what might have happened to you."

Steeling myself, I raise my right hand...

"But I'm going to find out, one way or another."

...And strike at the ice that is my cage, impacting hard against the frozen surface.

A moment of silence.

And then the sound of the impossible fills the air as the ice begins to crack around the impact, however it does not stop there. The cracks continue on, racing across the surface of the ice, threatening to break the entire wall of death any moment. From those cracks glowed a burning blue, identical in color to the eyes of the reflection, signalling it's coming destruction. The glacier could take no more as more agonizing sounds of its destruction sounded and finally, broke apart, into thousands of icicles that threatened to skewer me and my double.

The icicles would never reach either of us.

In mid flight, they ice already begun evaporating, not into water but its true base component: the prana that was used to cast the spell, what little of the toppled mountain of ice still stood behind me followed in suite as it's form broke apart just like the icicles above. For a moment, our surroundings turned a burning blue like the glacier itself had before returning to the blackness of night. However, that was only the first part of the Crest's spell, not all of the spell had simply vanished, what little was left of the blue prana that once formed the mighty mountain of ice raced to the white light emanating from my hand, being absorbed and stored and even revitalizing me.

And then I was struck by pain.

Formulae filled my head, an influx of information and learning, of knowledge and understanding.

Of what was it that he had used to trap me just minutes ago.

It was now in my possesion: his spell and everything about it: how to use it and how it was accomplished, all of it. However it's origin was not a total unknown to me, its base was something I already knew, something I had used more often then not, it made the process of understanding easier but this was still something unnatural, something that was forcing the body and mind to understand. That was the danger of using 'Aufero', to take another's knowledge as your own, to use it without restraint was to die for your own greed. After all, in a world where knowledge was power, there are no real shortcuts...only imitations of such.

Finally, the pain had subsided however...I had gained something else with this knowledge...

Something...ominous...

Wise Up!
    Name: Felix Caelum

STR: E

END:
    D
    AGI:
    D -> B
    CAS:
    A
    PRA:
    A

Spells

Aufero
    Taking another's knowledge as your own. This spell is the culmination of the efforts of the Caelum clan and it's ancestors, the actual effect of the spell is as soon as it comes in contact with another it will break the spell down to its base components: prana. This disperses the affected spell in its entirety, leaving nothing of the spell left except for the few traces of prana however that is but one part of the spell. As the prana disperses, a partial amount is also absorbed by the caster magus, restoring a partial amount of prana as it is absorbed (approximately half of the cost of the spell). The final part, and true power, of the spell is in that small amount of time, the prana absorbed is studied by the circuits, teaching the magus the spell in question and allowing him to cast it as it was his own.

It is not uncommon that at times, this spell also brings another effect, that of giving the caster glimpses/parts of the memories of the one who had their spell absorbed.

Other effects are unknown.

Boreas Flood
    Black ice of shattering, the frigid tidal wave that will freeze anything that stands in its way. If used against a human opponent, it is capable of freezing any opponent solid unless they have both PRA and END attributes of A-rank, or possess external defenses against such an attack. If utilized on the terrain, Boreas Flood is capable of creating walls of sturdy ice that will prevent escape. The shape and size of these walls is decided by the user on the moment of casting, and they are marked by the black liquid that becomes the catalyst for the black, cursed ice to form.

Perks

Magic Crest
    You possess a magic crest that has been passed down to you, the heir of your noble lineage. In it are stored spells researched and perfected by the generations before you. You can store up to 3 spells inside a magic crest. When spells inside magic crest are used, they ignore the CAS rank and are performed instantaneously. Spells inside magic crest also have their prana cost lowered by 10 units.

-Aufero

Blog Entries
    Time: 23:54 - Night
    Turn 5

Black ice shattered.

Formula was integrated.

And along with it, something else, something long buried that should have never seen the light of the day.

Yes, by every meaning of the word, the actions of Felix Caelum could only be described with a single term:

Mistake.

-------------------!

Pain. Unimaginable pain assaulted Felix's mind in a torrent of information that scorched his very sanity. Vision upon vision was piled up into his brain, filling it to the brim and then proceeding to overflow, a tidal wave of knowledge that saturated every fiber of his existence. It was a hellish nightmare seen with waking eyes, moments that did not exist flowing before his eyes with speed that made them impossible to understand. It seemed like an eternity itself was struck against his understanding again and again, vicious blows that held no other meaning than to hurt him. This whirlwind of memories raged inside of him, bringing the boy to his knees and tearing up any defenses his sanity might have set up, leaving the naked existence underneath, the very core of his being, vulnerable to the overpowering assault of what he had absorbed from the reflection.

In just a split of a second, hell fell over Felix Caelum's mind, body and soul.

Glass what shattered.

And in that broken mirror, he saw the eternal dread.

11011100011101101001 01101000011011100110100001100000010001110110100101 10111001101010011001000110000001001001111010100110 00010110001011100000010000110110001101101000011000 01011011001110000001001111011011001110000001000010 01100111011010000110000001000011010000100110011101 10101001100000010010011110101001100001011000101110 00000100001101100011011010000110000101101100111000 00010011110110110011100000010000110100010011101010 01100010011001001110111101100000010001110110100101 10000001000111011010000110111001101010011001000110 00000100110011101110011001110110100101100001011000 10111000000100001101100011011010000010000001001000 01001010011000110110000011101111011010100110000011 10000001000111011011110110101101101011011011110110 11000110000001001010011000010110001011100000010001 00111010000110010001100000010000101110100001100001 01100010111000000100110011101010011000101110100001 10111001100000010010100110000101100010111000000100 00101110100001100000010000100110011101101000011000 10111011001010000001000111010000101110111101100111 01100000010011001110010011101010111011110110110011 10000001000010111010000110000101100010111000000100 01001110101001101010011001000110000001000100111010 10111011110110100111100000010000110100001011101111 01100111011000000100110011100010111011110110010011 10000001000010111010000110000101100010111000000100 00100110100001101010011001001110010001100000010001 00111010101110111101101001111000000100101001101101 01101000011000101010000001001000010000010110110011 10101001100011011001100110000001000100111010101110 11110110100111100000010010110110111101100100111001 10011000000100000101100010111001001110100001101010 01100000010010100110000101100010111000000100101001 10110101101000011000010110110011100000010000110100 11001110010001101011011010010110001101100000010001 00111010101110111101101001111000000100010011101010 01100001011000101110100001101110001000000100011101 00110011101010011001110110111101100100011000000100 01001110101011101111011010011110000001000010111011 00011010100110001101100011011011110110110001100000 01000011010000100110100001101010011000010110000001 00010011101010111011110110100111100000010010100110 11010110100001100010101011011100011101101001011010 00011011100110100001100000010001110110100101101110 01101010011001000110000001001001111010100110000101 10001011100000010000110110001101101000011000010110 11001110000001001111011011001110000001000010011001 11011010000110000001000011010000100110011101101010 01100000010010011110101001100001011000101110000001 00001101100011011010000110000101101100111000000100 11110110110011100000010000110100010011101010011000 10011001001110111101100000010001110110100101100000 01000111011010000110111001101010011001000110000001 00110011101110011001110110100101100001011000101110 00000100001101100011011010000010000001001000010010 10011000110110000011101111011010100110000011100000 01000111011011110110101101101011011011110110110001 10000001001010011000010110001011100000010001001110 10000110010001100000010000101110100001100001011000 10111000000100110011101010011000101110100001101110 01100000010010100110000101100010111000000100001011 10100001100000010000100110011101101000011000101110 11001010000001000111010000101110111101100111011000 00010011001110010011101010111011110110110011100000 01000010111010000110000101100010111000000100010011 10101001101010011001000110000001000100111010101110 11110110100111100000010000110100001011101111011001 11011000000100110011100010111011110110010011100000 01000010111010000110000101100010111000000100001001 10100001101010011001001110010001100000010001001110 10101110111101101001111000000100101001101101011010 00011000101010000001001000010000010110110011101010 01100011011001100110000001000100111010101110111101 10100111100000010010110110111101100100111001100110 00000100000101100010111001001110100001101010011000 00010010100110000101100010111000000100101001101101 01101000011000010110110011100000010000110100110011 10010001101011011010010110001101100000010001001110 10101110111101101001111000000100010011101010011000 01011000101110100001101110001000000100011101001100 11101010011001110110111101100100011000000100010011 10101011101111011010011110000001000010111011000110 10100110001101100011011011110110110001100000010000 11010000100110100001101010011000010110000001000100 11101010111011110110100111100000010010100110110101 10100001100010101011011100011101101001011010000110 11100110100001100000010001110110100101101110011010 10011001000110000001001001111010100110000101100010 11100000010000110110001101101000011000010110110011 10000001001111011011001110000001000010011001110110 10000110000001000011010000100110011101101010011000 00010010011110101001100001011000101110000001000011 01100011011010000110000101101100111000000100111101 10110011100000010000110100010011101010011000100110 01001110111101100000010001110110100101100000010001 11011010000110111001101010011001000110000001001100 11101110011001110110100101100001011000101110000001 00001101100011011010000010000001001000010010100110 00110110000011101111011010100110000011100000010001 11011011110110101101101011011011110110110001100000 01001010011000010110001011100000010001001110100001 10010001100000010000101110100001100001011000101110 00000100110011101010011000101110100001101110011000 00010010100110000101100010111000000100001011101000 01100000010000100110011101101000011000101110110010 10000001000111010000101110111101100111011000000100 11001110010011101010111011110110110011100000010000 10111010000110000101100010111000000100010011101010 01101010011001000110000001000100111010101110111101 10100111100000010000110100001011101111011001110110 00000100110011100010111011110110010011100000010000 10111010000110000101100010111000000100001001101000 01101010011001001110010001100000010001001110101011 10111101101001111000000100101001101101011010000110 00101010000001001000010000010110110011101010011000 11011001100110000001000100111010101110111101101001 11100000010010110110111101100100111001100110000001 00000101100010111001001110100001101010011000000100 10100110000101100010111000000100101001101101011010 00011000010110110011100000010000110100110011100100 01101011011010010110001101100000010001001110101011 10111101101001111000000100010011101010011000010110 00101110100001101110001000000100011101001100111010 10011001110110111101100100011000000100010011101010 11101111011010011110000001000010111011000110101001 10001101100011011011110110110001100000010000110100 00100110100001101010011000010110000001000100111010 10111011110110100111100000010010100110110101101000 01100010101011011100011101101001011010000110111001 10100001100000010001110110100101101110011010100110 01000110000001001001111010100110000101100010111000 00010000110110001101101000011000010110110011100000 01001111011011001110000001000010011001110110100001 10000001000011010000100110011101101010011000000100 10011110101001100001011000101110000001000011011000 11011010000110000101101100111000000100111101101100 11100000010000110100010011101010011000100110010011 10111101100000010001110110100101100000010001110110 10000110111001101010011001000110000001001100111011 10011001110110100101100001011000101110000001000011 01100011011010000010000001001000010010100110001101 10000011101111011010100110000011100000010001110110 11110110101101101011011011110110110001100000010010 10011000010110001011100000010001001110100001100100 01100000010000101110100001100001011000101110000001 00110011101010011000101110100001101110011000000100 10100110000101100010111000000100001011101000011000 00010000100110011101101000011000101110110010100000 01000111010000101110111101100111011000000100110011 10010011101010111011110110110011100000010000101110 10000110000101100010111000000100010011101010011010 10011001000110000001000100111010101110111101101001 11100000010000110100001011101111011001110110000001 00110011100010111011110110010011100000010000101110 10000110000101100010111000000100001001101000011010 10011001001110010001100000010001001110101011101111 01101001111000000100101001101101011010000110001010 10000001001000010000010110110011101010011000110110 01100110000001000100111010101110111101101001111000 00010010110110111101100100111001100110000001000001 01100010111001001110100001101010011000000100101001 10000101100010111000000100101001101101011010000110 00010110110011100000010000110100110011100100011010 11011010010110001101100000010001001110101011101111 01101001111000000100010011101010011000010110001011 10100001101110001000000100011101001100111010100110 01110110111101100100011000000100010011101010111011 11011010011110000001000010111011000110101001100011 01100011011011110110110001100000010000110100001001 10100001101010011000010110000001000100111010101110 11110110100111100000010010100110110101101000011000 10101011011100011101101001011010000110111001101000 01100000010001110110100101101110011010100110010001 10000001001001111010100110000101100010111000000100 00110110001101101000011000010110110011100000010011 11011011001110000001000010011001110110100001100000 01000011010000100110011101101010011000000100100111 10101001100001011000101110000001000011011000110110 10000110000101101100111000000100111101101100111000 00010000110100010011101010011000100110010011101111 01100000010001110110100101100000010001110110100001 10111001101010011001000110000001001100111011100110 01110110100101100001011000101110000001000011011000 11011010000010000001001000010010100110001101100000 11101111011010100110000011100000010001110110111101 10101101101011011011110110110001100000010010100110 00010110001011100000010001001110100001100100011000 00010000101110100001100001011000101110000001001100 11101010011000101110100001101110011000000100101001 10000101100010111000000100001011101000011000000100 00100110011101101000011000101110110010100000010001 11010000101110111101100111011000000100110011100100 11101010111011110110110011100000010000101110100001 10000101100010111000000100010011101010011010100110 01000110000001000100111010101110111101101001111000 00010000110100001011101111011001110110000001001100 11100010111011110110010011100000010000101110100001 10000101100010111000000100001001101000011010100110 01001110010001100000010001001110101011101111011010 01111000000100101001101101011010000110001010100000 01001000010000010110110011101010011000110110011001 10000001000100111010101110111101101001111000000100 10110110111101100100111001100110000001000001011000 10111001001110100001101010011000000100101001100001 01100010111000000100101001101101011010000110000101 10110011100000010000110100110011100100011010110110 10010110001101100000010001001110101011101111011010 01111000000100010011101010011000010110001011101000 01101110001000000100011101001100111010100110011101 10111101100100011000000100010011101010111011110110 10011110000001000010111011000110101001100011011000 11011011110110110001100000010000110100001001101000 01101010011000010110000001000100111010101110111101 10100111100000010010100110110101101000011000101010

He saw it all.

The burning sky. The collapsing city. The screams of terror as the paradise was brought down from the heavens. She reached out to for his hand but it was too late. 01001000011001010010000001110011011000010111011100 10000001101000011010010111001100100000010000010110 01000111011001101001011100110110111101110010001000 00011100110110100001101111011101010111010001101001 01101110011001110010000001101111011100100110010001 10010101110010011100110010110000100000011000100111 01010111010000100000011010010111010000100000011101 11011000010111001100100000011101000110111101101111 001000000110110001100001011101000110010100101110 There was nothing they could do anymore. The end of the world had begun, their lives coming to a screeching, shrieking end as the world around the shattered like a crystal. 01010011011101000110000101110100011010010110001100 10110000100000011011110110100000100000011100110110 11110010000001101101011101010110001101101000001000 00011100110111010001100001011101000110100101100011 00101110 He could no longer even see properly. There was nothing they could do anymore. The floor under him disappeared, and he fell. 01010100011010000111001001101111011101010110011101 10100000100000011101000110100001100101001000000110 00010110011101100101011100110010110000100000011101 00011010000111001001101111011101010110011101101000 00100000011101000110100001100101001000000110110101 10010101101101011011110111001001101001011001010111 001100101110 The sky, so vast and red it hurt to look, was quickly growing more distant. He could feel nothing but air underneath him. Wind howled in his ears as he joined the unfortunate ones caught up in the cataclysm. Eyes opened, head turned, and he saw the final moments prepared for him. 01010100011010000110010100100000011001100110000101 11001000101101011011110110011001100110001000000110 11000110000101101110011001000010000001100001011100 00011100000111001001101111011000010110001101101000 01100101011001000010000001110001011101010110100101 10001101101011011011000111100100101100001000000111 00100110100101110011011010010110111001100111001000 00011101010111000000100000011101000110111101110111 01100001011100100110010001110011001000000110100001 1010010110110100101110 And beyond all that, beyond even the death that had taken them all, he saw it.

He saw it.

He saw it all.

He saw the truth.

As screaming Felix Caelum collided with the rapidly approaching ground...

... In his final moment...

... He saw the face of a tearful woman, behind the glass.

It might have lasted only a couple of seconds.

It might have lasted a whole life-time.

Whatever the case, by the time the inferno of information subsided in Felix's head, he was writhing in the ground like a tortured newborn. The knowledge was washed away from his mind like a retreating sea, leaving behind only a fragment of what had run through his brains. The only thing that was clear was the memory of the pain that could not be described in words. A true hell, in every meaning of the word, had momentarily taken a hold of him... but for now, it had retreated.

What it had left behind was a body that only now was starting to gain a conscious control over its actions, and a mind that had been flayed into scars. Felix Caelum was recovering... which was a miracle, all things considered. What he experienced in that span of couple seconds would have destroyed a lesser mind... but he still functioned. He was still sane.

He was still alive.

"..."

And his reflection was still waiting for him, gazing at his form with a raised sword... but now, wearing an expression that was hard to read.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 12th, 2014 at 02:21 AM.

Felix Caelum
    Time: 23:55 - Night

Turn 6

There was something else to this all, the realization came too late as pain struck me. Unimaginable pain resonated throughout by being, the formulae had now been replaced with visions, information piled into my mind that I could not process and to it there seemed to be no end in sight. Memories that were not my own played over and over, threatening to break my mind in two as I fell to my knees, all I could hope for now was that this would all end and let me be and yet I knew that such hope was futile as the wave of information once more smashed against my understanding.

And then something much more terrifying struck me.

As the limit of my understanding was breached, a final vision awaited.

The red sky, the city collapsing around me, the end.

I had seen something that I simply could not understand. I had seen something that filled me with dread. I had seen what was the end.

And through this all, I could only scream as my world began to turn to black.

The nightmare finally ends as the last image imprinted on me is of an unknown woman crying. As I strike the ground, all feeling leaves me and there's nothing now but darkness.

I don't know how long how long I had been lying here perhaps a few seconds, perhaps more but regardless of that the pain was finally subsiding. The troves of information and memories were leaving now and despite it all, I was still alive. As I gather my thoughts, I wearily pick myself up from the floor. I was still were I had fallen: in the Crystal City, it was still dark and most importantly...he was still there. No snark comment like before nor was he taking this chance to run me through, now he simply stood with his sword raised and waited for me. I had thought I had an idea how he acts after all that happened but this was different...I don't know what to expect now and my position was no better.

I still retained it though, the spell that I had no right to have, I'd have to make good use of it if he charged but for now I had to recover. I'm still a wreck from what just happened even if my body didn't show it and it would be foolish to provoke him now of all times but...but what I had seen, I needed to know what all that was!

I look at him, still he stood and still he was silent. His face covered by the mask made it hard to read him, but regardless of that I had to ask!

"What...did I see?," Those words leave my mouth, my weariness from the ordeal obvious in my voice, "Everything was falling apart..."

"And there was a woman...she was crying."

Finally I raise my voice, my lack of understanding obviously a part of the reason for it.

"Just what the hell happened, what was all that?!"
    Last edited by Dranes; January 18th, 2014 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Time: 23:56 - Night
    Turn 7

"What...did I see? Everything was falling apart... And there was a woman... she was crying. Just what the hell happened, what was all that?!"
    "??????????????????failsafe?????trigger????????var iable???calculated?????????cross????"

Perhaps it was Felix's brain still completely able to comprehend the words spoken, or perhaps the reflection's words had truly, for a moment, turned into a static that permeated the brain of anyone who heard them. Nevertheless, only a scarce word or two could be heard from the answer of the black-clad thing in front of the boy, and none of them seemed to be making any sense. It was just like the memory Felix had just seen: full of junk-data, full of impossibilities, full of things that could not be comprehended due to discrepancy between it and the reality of now.

The world flinched. It seemed to jerk back momentarily. The scenery before Felix flashed for a moment, and his brains gave a one last tinge of pain. It was the last remnants of the nightmare leaving his brain, leaving behind only muddled pictures and sounds.

When he once more looked up, the reflection was still standing there. But now, it's sword was aimed at him, and it's hand was spread to the opposite direction.

"The recollection of μ, lost in the sea below. Where it all began." Tone of the reflection was once more cold and full of venom, all spat into direction of the boy before it. "Just like you, unable to grasp at the straws that hold people together, devoid of that power... this is the only end allowed to you. It is the only natural course of events."

The empty hand reaching out behind the reflection grasped the air as if tearing the particles of oxygen. Immediately, flames of black abyss sprouted from that hand, and engulfed the scenery behind the monstrous mirror-image. It was a small sea of flames, rising as tall as some of the crystals, barely hidden by the colossal guardians of the city. The heat coming from the black fire was barely tolerable, and the roaring dance of the conflagration was hard to even look at. It was not as if the fire was too bright, on the contrary: it felt as if looking into the darkness would have sucked out your very soul.

From the extended hand in the middle of these barely contained flames dripped the black liquid, the gasoline used to ignite this hellfire. The stench of sulfur and something far worse filled the air. It was a sickeningly sweet and poisonous smell, one that promised a painful death.

"Powerless creature can only curse his fate," the reflection spoke over the roar of the flames. "For it is because of it's own weakness that such end awaited it. You know this... do you not?"

Slowly, ever so slowly, the reflection started bringing its hand forward. The aim was clear.

----- It was going to destroy Felix with a single spell.

Felix Caelum
    Time: 00:00 - Night

Turn 8

"??????????????????failsafe?????trigger????????var iable???calculated?????????cross????"

Words left his mouth but I heard little to nothing but static, an answer that was impossible to discern like the memories I had just experienced...in other words it had been useless to ask such a question in the first place. Though I had thought the influx of information had already left, a sharp pain once more assailed me and with it the world threatened to change once more...but it left as quick as it came, the last of the nightmare gone with it. As I looked back to him, he now had his sword raised right at me while his other hand held out behind him...it seems that whatever period of grace he had given me had ended.

"The recollection of μ, lost in the sea below. Where it all began. Just like you, unable to grasp at the straws that hold people together, devoid of that power... this is the only end allowed to you. It is the only natural course of events."

His voice returns to him, filled with the same contempt and hatred as before and as he spoke, he tore at the air behind him with his open hand. As he ripped at the air itself, from nothing came black flames, flames that quickly grew until they became a sea that eclipsed the horizon behind him and rose as high as the crystals themselves. Even from this distance I could feel the heat emanating from the black fire and with it the stench of sulfur and death. An anonymity that drew in light rather then brightened, flames that could kill me at any moment...only magic like his could do it.

"Powerless creature can only curse his fate, for it is because of it's own weakness that such end awaited it. You know this... do you not?"

As he spoke, he began to move the hand that held the flames at bay. Every second that passed, the flames crept closer and there was no escape from them. The black ice may be able to stop it but there was no guarantee that it would work let alone make it in time. Death was an inevitability, there was nothing I could now, powerless before such a force.

And yet even as the end draws ever closer...all I can think about that final question and what he had said.

That which holds people together.

So that's what I'm missing, huh?

I understand...

After all it's something my family never believed in, that same teaching went down to me...I guess I let it affect me more then I thought, to the point that even others were unnecessary.

But I will not walk down that path, not any more. What I learn here and the people I meet, they're not simply things to throw away when deemed so.

There was only one way to go from here.

If I run now, I would die.

"That weakness is of my family..."

If I faltered now, I would die.

"I accept it, I lived with it and thought it only natural however..."

So all that's left to do is move forward, like I always have.

"There is no reason for me to live like that any more, my life is my own to commit to whatever and whoever I want!"

Standing up to my reflection once more, I had moved forward and challenged him. The heat now was unbearable and there was no telling what he would do next but if I was to die I would die standing.
    Last edited by Dranes; January 21st, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Turn 9

"That weakness is of my family... I accept it, I lived with it and thought it only natural however... There is no reason for me to live like that any more, my life is my own to commit to whatever and whoever I want!"
    Black flames roared, their unstoppable rage tearing the ground around the asunder. The crackling of the destructive darkness was loud, louder than any sound in the area... and still, the words of Felix Caelum rang loud and clear over it. Their power momentarily overpowered the fire of death that threatened to engulf him. Bravely, rebelliously, he shouted against the reflection who had only seen him through tint of scorn so far. The last echo of those words of opposition, thrown against the face of the disfigured enemy, slowly faded into the rumble of the burning prana. For a moment, for a very long moment, nothing than the anger of the flames could be heard.

Then... as if they had been nothing but a mirage...

--------------------- The flames disappeared in a gust of refreshing wind.

“………………………………………………………………………………………………………….That’s it.”

Thus spoke the reflection, the possibility, the outcome, the one who broke free.

Series of clanks and hits could be heard as the chitin around the reflection's body began to fall off. The black liquid, the sinful ooze that had poured from the wound on his neck, evaporated quickly into the night-time air, becoming nothing more than a remnant of a nightmare. The blade started fading out of existence from the tip, shattering into ash that was quickly snatched by the breeze. The weapons and armor, the torture-tools of a vengeful mirage, disappeared into the night as quickly as they had appeared.

"That's just it, isn't it?" the reflection whispered. "There is not a single one in this world who can be alone... and thus, we must be willing to commit to the others we need."

The reflection took two steps towards Felix, his face now changed from the previous disdain it had held. The expression that now crowned that familiar face... was pride. The mirror image was proud of the boy before it. Indeed, it was proud of itself. A warm, gentle pride that can only be held in a heart of a person who knows he has taken a step in the right direction. The reflection reached out to Felix with its hands, and caught hold of those of the boy. Intertwining their fingers together, it kept it's determined eyes focused on Felix.

"It never is easy, not to anyone. Even those who have not grown up as we struggle with it every day. Questions echo in our heads and we do not know the answers. 'How far can we go?' 'How far can we trust?' 'How important are others?' 'Should we just let go, in order to not get hurt?' To bond with people we do not fully know, to cultivate those feelings we have towards other people... it takes time, and it takes determination. It is not an easy route, but it is a route we must walk if we do not want to be alone," the reflection gently lectured Felix. "And what grants us the power to hold on through the most troubled times... is our commitment. Our commitment to the others, to our loved ones, to our desire to see a brighter future...! It is that power that makes us hang on to the shreds of a destroyed friendship because we do not want to be separated from that person. It is that which gives us the strength start repairing a broken bond, no matter if it is a long and arduous journey. It is that... which allows the others to trust us, to have faith in our commitment towards them, that we shall not abandon them... ever."

The reflection suddenly drew Felix closer, and let go of his hands. Instead, he wrapped his arms around the boy, bringing him into a tight, powerful hug. It was like a father keeping a hold of his children after lecturing them, letting them know that they were forgiven nonetheless. There was no trace of the reflection's disdain or anger anymore... only faith in Felix, and deep understanding; understanding which could only stem from the fact that they were, now more than ever, the same existence.

"If we allow ourselves to think of our bonds as expendable, as nothing more than something to be used for personal gain... we will surely loose our way in the darkness. A man with no regard for people he calls 'friends' is not a man at all... just a husk of a being to be pitied, a sad existence that cannot even grieve for himself. It is for that very reason... to not become such an existence... that we have to be ready to commit. For the sake of ourselves! For the sake of others!" there was now clear emotion in the reflection's voice. "But... you've come to understand this already, haven't you? Standing tall, shouting against my face that you would not let our blood dictate your future... You've already found the seed of the power I speak of within you. Thus... do not be afraid to use that seed. Do not be afraid to let it grow into a splendid rose vine that connects you to everyone you meet. After all... it is only when connected to others that the said rose vine blooms."

The grip the reflection had of Felix was tightened, as if a repressed memory deep from within had caused it deep pain. But, there was still a smile on its face. A smile that could not have been warmer.

“I think, therefore I am. My thoughts are myself, therefore my existence is me. But…”

The reflection whispered into Felix's ear.

“…I am not alone.”

Felix Caelum

Turn 10

As the flames raged, it was sure to be my end...

...And then in an instant, the inferno had disappeared.

“………………………………………………………………………………………………………….That’s it.”

As he spoke those words, the armor that encapsulated him began to break apart. The visage of death was disappearing into the wind, the grim sword too began to fade away, it was finally over. He now looked like he did before, a perfect reflection of myself and yet...he looked for the better as well.

"That's just it, isn't it? There is not a single one in this world who can be alone... and thus, we must be willing to commit to the others we need."

That face that was once filled with disdain now looked to me as one filled with pride, as he caught my hand in his I could only nod to the words he spoke. Warm words that I never thought would come from him and yet they did, this was the lesson he wanted to teach me. A lesson that could be taught in no other way, this was what the battle was about, the fighting, the words, everything led to this point. He continued on as I looked to him.

"It never is easy, not to anyone. Even those who have not grown up as we struggle with it every day. Questions echo in our heads and we do not know the answers. 'How far can we go?' 'How far can we trust?' 'How important are others?' 'Should we just let go, in order to not get hurt?' To bond with people we do not fully know, to cultivate those feelings we have towards other people... it takes time, and it takes determination. It is not an easy route, but it is a route we must walk if we do not want to be alone. And what grants us the power to hold on through the most troubled times... is our commitment. Our commitment to the others, to our loved ones, to our desire to see a brighter future...! It is that power that makes us hang on to the shreds of a destroyed friendship because we do not want to be separated from that person. It is that which gives us the strength start repairing a broken bond, no matter if it is a long and arduous journey. It is that... which allows the others to trust us, to have faith in our commitment towards them, that we shall not abandon them... ever."

I understood now, these words of his.

As he drew me in even closer, I was embraced by him in a hug. The reflection that once tried to kill me was now closer to me then any other had been since back then...I guess it was only right after all...he is me.

"If we allow ourselves to think of our bonds as expendable, as nothing more than something to be used for personal gain... we will surely loose our way in the darkness. A man with no regard for people he calls 'friends' is not a man at all... just a husk of a being to be pitied, a sad existence that cannot even grieve for himself. It is for that very reason... to not become such an existence... that we have to be ready to commit. For the sake of ourselves! For the sake of others! But... you've come to understand this already, haven't you? Standing tall, shouting against my face that you would not let our blood dictate your future... You've already found the seed of the power I speak of within you. Thus... do not be afraid to use that seed. Do not be afraid to let it grow into a splendid rose vine that connects you to everyone you meet. After all... it is only when connected to others that the said rose vine blooms."

I could only nod to his words once more as they sank into me, my body still tired from the ordeal and my mind ragged but still I understood. His voice now was filled with emotion instead of the apathetic tone that he had before.

“I think, therefore I am. My thoughts are myself, therefore my existence is me. But…”

“…I am not alone.”

"That's right...and thank you."

Finally those words left my mouth, though this whole ordeal could have led to my death...I was grateful, if it was not for this I would've continued down on that path. Now it was time to live my life rather then be restricted by the old teachings of my younger days.

Blog Entries
    Time: 00:01 - Night
    Day: April 9th

"That's right...and thank you."
    The wind that had began to howl with the defeat of the flames picked up, and slowly, ever so slowly, the form of the reflection started to crumple. Like small flakes of white blossoms, its essence drifted towards the sky, eventually completely disappearing from the sight. It started from its feet, but even though the support of the reflection was gone, it was still standing strong... just like the boy before it. Lifting its still visible hand, the reflection patted Felix on the shoulder, and gave him an approving nod.

“There is no one that can survive alone in this world. That is why we have friends. And to keep those friendships alive, we must be willing to suffer through pain and hardship. After all, we know that there is not a wound too deep to be cured, even if it takes time... even if it takes patience," the reflection spoke. "That is the true value of commitment. The ability to see things through, the strength to be there for our friends even if we ourselves have lost hope, and have none to give to the one who also suffers... it is not about self-sacrifice; it is about supporting one another and being there, even if you are hurt... because we know the one we support would do the same to us. It is not about ourselves, never has been. It is about the world. It is about life."

Gently, with a body that was almost gone, the reflection leaned over to Felix and planted a kiss on top of his forehead. In that instant, a sharp, warm pain ran through the boy's arm. His hand, now glowing with red light, was forming three symbols on it. The symbols of the contract, the mantra of binding... Command Spells. As his reflection disappeared, Felix gained the reward for succeeding in this test laid before him.

“It is about the bonds between friends.”

And with the last words of the reflection still echoing in the air, it disappeared completely, Felix’s body absorbing the energy it released.

“I hope……you will do……better…”

And so, Felix stood alone in the clearing.

VICTORY
    To Another World!

Felix Caelum
    Master Level: 1
    SP Earned: 1
    AP Earned: 15
    Items Acquired: 1

~Command Spells~
    Your proof as a Master

Suddenly... the atmosphere changed.

There was no longer a gentle breeze.

There was no longer a tender moonlight.

There was no longer a kind echo of words.

No, what replaced that all was an oppressive aura that seemed to emanate from the crystals themselves. The wind picked up pace and became almost violent, tearing into the ground with a surprising force. Felix, buffeted by the wind, was suddenly surrounded by innumerable runes, numbers and glyphs that ran across the surfaces of the crystals. The speed of the markings was incredible, and none of the was familiar for the boy to recognize. Not only that, but within the harsh and cruel wind, something seemed to be forming. Something strong and something dark; something filled to the brim with hatred.

And from the middle of that monochrome wind, something stepped forward. Responding to the red glow of the Command Spells, something finally materialized and took its first steps in the world. The wind carried the stench of blood and something burning, and something metallic reflected the moonlight with enmity. A boot crushed the rocks in the ground as the figure took a step, and another, approaching Felix with a steady pace.

And, finally, a series of letters glowed on the crystal surfaces, announcing the event that now transpired.

DOWNLOAD: 100%
    SUMMONING COMPLETE
    INITIALIZING
    SERVANT SABER

The wind roared. The wind raged. And from inside that wind, cleaving it in two with his mere presence…

A person stepped forward.

And spoke the words…

“—I ask thee. Art thou my Master?”

Fiore Lacere-Ran
    Time: 23:50 – Night
    Day: April 11th

Fiore was already irritated, and the difficult part of the evening had not even begun.

The night was damp and cool from the recent rain, and overhead the sky shone with stars that look entirely too large and bright from the altitude of the floating city. Even the fragile bits of nature on OLYMPUS seemed simulated and fake because of their proximity to the city. It had been more than a week since he had arrived here and it still eluded him; the reason for the city’s existence.

Like the city itself, the Crystal City towered around him, enormous and ostentatious for the sake of being enormous and ostentatious. Regardless of the purpose that the creators of the city had intended, they stood out in the open and generated rumors. People of power had been attracted to the city in the sky because of its grandeur – grandeur acquired simply because other people of power had been attracted for the very same reason.

There was nothing interesting about it – nothing meant for him or any of the others who had just arrived on the floating city. Whoever had created OLYMPUS had gotten what they had wanted in doing so, or had at least set their scheme into motion – for those who came because of the need to appease the mandates of worldly politicking and power struggles, there was nothing for them in the city.

Dead Apostles, when they grow older and most powerful, typically lost the desire to put up false fronts. Having lived so long and met with so many people, the novelty of lying tended to wear thin, and they became accustomed to simply acting however they pleased. It made many of them seem like monsters, antiquated in behavior and unconcerned with the nuances of coexisting with other lifeforms. It made their power structure a constant civil war at worst and a parliament of dragons at best. Malice was open and masked only by a formal tongue and that was why Fiore could appreciate the court etiquette of the Dead Apostles so deeply.

A Dead Apostle may lie to you, but it is because they can, and rarely because they must. Intention is clear.

“Malice is open.”

What was it that the vampire replied, when you first said that out loud? That it would suit you on a coat of arms?” Cold air stirred to life around him, the aura of a demon swaying in the breeze, and the feminine voice passed through his thoughts and out from between his lips. It had been two days since he had sated his impulse with one of the fruits from Lily’s tree – deliberately so – and the devil had been pacing restlessly in his mind with increasing frequency.

“I was talking about vampires, though, and I believe our family already possesses a coat of arms,” Fiore replied. His voice wasn’t confrontational, but tired and drawn, and he glanced to his phone once more.

11:57

The glowing numbers framed by the square formed from the arms of the girl in the sky and the lady in the lake. In the likeness of the young lady, the woman in the sky possessed an alien beauty, her expression one of joy, fangs glittering dangerously as she laughed. Individuals like her – Dead Apostles and other inhabitants of the Moonlit World, could not possibly exist in a place like this.

Monsters, human and inhuman alike, would not change in a place like this, so long as they continued to exist as they were. The relationships that they had with the world were not dampened by the illusion of metropolitan life, but exaggerated by the collection of all the magical world’s worst deviants into once place.

“Acting as if nothing is wrong in this place and that mundane life is possible while my classmates become murderers and victims alike…as ill-suited as I am for this sort of thing, I do not think I can tolerate such an environment.”

Mm, were that you were any other host, I would consider that an invitation to go on a murderous rampage.” Laughter returned to the voice as she taunted him rather openly. Fiore had to admit that she had been awfully considerate despite his inability to keep himself at ease since his arrival, and that she had not tried to take advantage of his abstinence from the magical fruit.

He had required her help in discerning the information he had found while digging around in the libraries and academy grounds, and upon the more dire implications, he realized that he would likely need her specializations this night. It would not have been a good idea to suppress her. The sound of a scrap of paper being blown across the ground startled him out of his thoughts, and he flinched as the demon laughed merrily at his surprise – it was unlike him to be so uneasy at night.

Back at the castle, he needed to work partly during the day so that he could be exposed to the sunlight to curb his impulses. The Young Lady had once suggested that he take to sleeping in her solarium, beneath the glass ceiling that she used for astrology, but he had refused her offer. Instead he worked through the afternoon and into the middle of the night, when the Young Lady would inevitable awaken shortly after midnight, having overslept as always and missed the setting of the sun. He was used to being awake at this house, and being tired, but it was unfamiliar not to have the sounds of the maids or of the Young Lady singing at her canvas while absently knocking her paints about and causing a fresh mess for him to clean tomorrow.

Instead the Crystal City was dead and cold, moreso than the living corpses he was familiar with and with the uneasy stillness of water just before a stone falls through it. The nights here left him too much time to think, and that in turn caused him to pace. Distantly, Roselia’s words echoed back to him.

“Why are you really here, though?”

“I have no idea,” he murmured in exasperation, and resisted the urge to glance at his phone so soon after having just done so.

After running into that woman, strange and somber and half-covered in mud, he had returned to his room and stared at the ceiling. The devil had quieted in an unsettling show of consideration and he had been left to his thoughts until sleep finally won out over him, his own weakness with travel a saving grace. It was an excuse to bypass his own non-direction, perhaps, but he wanted to understand more about that woman, and it had given him some semblance of orientation.

Empathy, not sympathy.

Offering understanding without the distant sympathy that people would show at any sign of sadness or misfortune, Roselia could understand in some part what it was that troubled him, and that in turn made him curious. He could not understand her in turn – he could barely see past the image of the refined young woman elbow-deep in a bucket of compost. It troubled him.

She should not have to be like you – that is what you are thinking.

“If somebody needs to be helped, but out of the pretense of courtesy, nobody helps them unless they are asked, then the only thing to do is meddle in their affairs whether they want it or not.”

Perhaps you are projecting overmuch.

“I am arguing with myself in the dead of the night. In public. Do not overanalyze the situation.” The weak tone of humor did not work its way into his voice, but the demon seemed to understand the sentiment, and once again left him to his thoughts.

She was right, to some extent, and they both knew it.

After he had woken up, he had gone to the library and into the city to look for more information on Roselia and her history in the city. He had heard of her reputation within the Clock Tower and of her placement on the Duel Chart – the abominable structured warfare organized between the students and sanctioned by the administration of OLYMPUS – but of her past on the floating city there was nearly nothing of substance. That she was the last remnant of the original generation was something to look into, but his search had yielded three primary leads.

Every Wednesday after school, she disappeared and was unseen until Thursday morning. Considering the position she held and the number of people who had attempted to figure out where she was going, there seemed to be some significance to the mystery.

There was a jewelry box in her room which nobody could identify the contents of. Moreso than the last, there was evidence of many people having tried to solve. That they had not succeeded was obvious, and that he would be able to do anything about that was unlikely to presume, so it was pointless.

Half of the rumors on OLYMPUS seemed to revolve around the phenomena of the Crystal City and the nature of the Duel Chart. Servants, the mightiest souls of humanity, once again walked the earth, and there was no end to the speculation on how to acquire one. Murdering one’s own companions and classmates for the sake of a single wish guaranteed only by promise – participating in organized murder between children sponsored by the staff of OLYMPUS was a repulsive ideal at best, and one he had no desire to live out.

Yet it was too great in scope to simply be a feature of the city; to host something as horrific as the war would be part of the reason for the city’s creation in the first place, or at least its upkeep. It was the participants who acquired power who could shrug off the ignorance strangling the young people of this place.

…and it was a war at which Roselia was at the very top of. She possessed more victories than anyone else; she had defeated more opponents in her short time aboard OLYMPUS than there were current entries on the list, and she was rumored to the sole remaining member of the first wave of students to have arrived.

It might be the only way to understand her,” the voice had supplied when he had first begun to seriously consider the matter. Her voice was oddly contemplative, and he relaxed, leaning back into his chair. The library was cast in a dim, golden glow from the setting sun, and the cool, sterile environment was the opposite of the warm, cozy feeling he wished for from a library.

”The clues are absolute nonsense,” he murmured, looking at the pages of his notebook and frowning, “I can weed out some tangential rumors here and there, but there is very little cadence between what remains.”

Think like a magus, the ones who traditionally fight these wars. What do you need to know?” the demon replied, and he could tell that she was looking through their shared eyes, seeing something he had missed.

“Formulae and codices, but there is little here that pertains specifically to magicians. The nature of the city, too, works against them.”

So think like an alchemist, one who devised a riddle based on the logic systems of science, so that magi are as disadvantaged as everybody else, and cannot recreate the conditions of previous wars.

Fiore had frowned at this, and the demon laughed as he formed a faint link.

Now think like a scheming girl, out to use everybody around her, and why even we are here.

“The ones who gain the contract of a Servant are the ones who become relevant, but the dissemination of information makes the entire population viable candidates for the system at a baseline. That only the talented or influential may be welcomed here further suggest the cultivation of some golden ideal of individual.”

Like a detective, how could we comprehend these riddles and execute them, being so different and limited in understanding?

“The information does not need to be consistent, then. It can be a number of nonsensical clues, so long as each one can be reverse-engineered even if you don’t possess particularly relevant skills. Something you could process with the assets available as a student, not just a particular kind of specialization.”

Like an adult, now, and not in a condescending manner. How can you ensure that all these prodigious candidates, regardless of their circumstances, possess the means to activate the ritual?

“…the cellular phones they created, which everyone must possess,” he murmured, remembering the incident when an older Dead Apostle who had seemed very uncomfortable with the idea, “…and the assumption that young people can rationalize technology easily, even the magi.”

Youthful at heart, the elderly of the list are primarily Dead Apostles. Though there are many adults on this floating city, the contest is primarily between children.” Fiore could swear that the demon was closing her eyes and smiling faintly before she spoke again. “The elderly want for things as well, boy. They both died in droves in the days gone by of this conflict, and are inhibited by the nature of the riddle.

Fiore frowned faintly, looking uneasily at the map of small, circled notes he had drawn out during their internal dialogue.

“If this is right, and even we could piece this much together…it is like the block castle of a child, colorful and asymmetrical, and utter nonsense to the adults around them.”

Then it fits the situation. Come, we had might as well try it.
    The enormous shape of a crystal towered over him, glittering and translucent in the moonlight. Someone who wanted to sound intelligent might have called it beautiful in an alien way, but Fiore found it ugly. An obvious anomaly in this synthetic city placed where it was simply to breed rumors and spur investigation. The rumors he had found today were more sinister in implication than he would have cared for.

Shining green eyes glittered in the surface of the crystal, and Fiore frowned. The light behind them was unlike his own, which surfaced only when the demon would seize control.

What happened next was unsettling.

The reflection smiled faintly before turning, hands moving to the collar of its jacket. Pushing its hair aside and yanking firmly against the collar, the glowing outline of a rose tattoo became visible, starting at its neck and trailing down to the line of its collar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tribal_Rose_by_archive.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	9902

Well now, this is new.

Fiore did not respond, even as the reflection covered the mark again and turned to face him again, instead pulling his phone from his pocket and hastily typing in the solution to the riddle he had discovered.

“Are you ready?”

Are you?
    Last edited by Egophobia; January 22nd, 2014 at 01:06 AM.
    \(◕___◕)/

Blog Entries
    Time: 23:59 – Night
    Day: April 11th

The phone rang once.

It rang twice.

It rang thrice.

Suddenly a click echoed from the phone, jolting the air and electrifying it with an oddity, an impossibility, a reaction that should not have been plausible. Distant, controlled breathing could be heard from the other end of the now-connected line, one that matched Fiore's own breathing perfectly. The silence that had reigned so far continued without an interruption, but something else was now rising from below its veil. A heavy burden, not unlike a dark suffocating cloak, pressed itself on the boy's shoulders, causing even the night above him seem hostile. One could have called it either an aura of a beast or a atmosphere of a graveyard... whichever the choice, the result was this unnerving, foreboding experience.

Suddenly, the breathing went out of sync. It was a lapse that lasted only for a split-second, but even that was enough to break the illusion of silence..

And then... spoke the voice.

"Hello. This is Fiore Lacere-Ran."

It was a voice so familiar, yet utterly alien simply because of the source. Using the phone as a transmitting medium, the voice had echoed from deep within the crystal, generated by the moving lips of the reflection Fiore saw in that blue surface. The eyes that burnt with prana were locked with his, and while they still mimicked his expression, there was clearly something... off in it. Perhaps it was the fact that this expression was only a conscious choice from the part of the reflection, not a natural occurrence like it was with Fiore.

Using its slender fingers to switch its hold of the phone, the reflection dangled the thing between it's index finger and pinky, as it if had been some worthless bauble. Tilting its head slightly to the side, the reflection let its eyes wander up and down on Fiore's body, taking in the sight of a perfect mirror image that was alive. The unnatural stare, without blinks to interrupt it, continued to roam across the surface of the boy's body, but there was no way to tell just what lay behind those glowing orbs.

Eventually, the reflection heaved a small sigh that was barely audible or visible. The bent posture was straightened, only to be slightly leaned back again. Closing its eyes, the reflection brought the phone back closer to its ear, and spoke aloud with an emotionless tone.

"It seems that
    I
    you
    have finally made it here..." the reflection spoke with a hushed, yet strong, tone. "Thus, welcome..."

The eyes of the reflection opened and peered over the bridge of its nose at Fiore. The face that had been impassive so far twisted in an expression that seemed to almost turn the beautiful features of the boy into something hideous... or venomous. It was like staring at the most elegantly red apple with a thick coating of dazzling, poisonous juice running across its surface.

Yes. The look that the reflection gave to Fiore... was of a man staring at something appalling.

"... Unseemly excuse of a person."
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 22nd, 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Fiore Lacere-Ran
    Time: 0:00 – Night
    Day: April 12th

The living reflection drew out a mirror image of Fiore’s own phone from its pocket, the image of the Young Lady glimmering in the captured moonlight. Holding it as if it were some alien utensil, the figure drew it up to its ear and leaned forward, staring dully at him.

From his own phone, a familiar voice filtered through – the reflection spoke, and then silence.

This was not so impossible, considering the general lack of consistency that existed in the moonlit world – Fiore was certainly one to accept the fact that the supernatural could be irritatingly unpredictable in that fashion. And yet this was an otherworldly thing; he looked back at the facsimile of his own image and felt his eyes flicker and his nose twitch. It was an ugly thing he was looking at; a beautiful object wearing a terrible reflection. Dully, he realized that he had been insulted, too, but the annoyance was already there.

“Oh spectacular, now there are at least three of us – I am certain that this will not quickly become annoying.”

Admittedly, there are worse-looking avatars of our failings.

Fiore sighed audibly and shifted, pushing through the increasing desire to let the demon take control in order to review the information he had compiled. Not much was helpful at this stage; the fact that this was supposed to be a reflection of him – only wrong – now seemed much darker in tone than he had expected. He was already near the limit of his ability to resist the demonic surge, and he had needed the voice’s input to get this far – with the way the city seemed to function and the demeanor of the figure before him, he couldn’t say that he wasn’t expecting violence.

“…I would presume you know why I am here, attempting this mess. Why are you here, and how do you play into it?”

Fiore exhaled faintly. The trail of breadcrumbs ended here, and he would not gain anything else by overthinking the information he had already used up. A cold breeze snaked around him, but there was no singsong voice upon it. She seemed to be preoccupied as well – this was different than their usual manner of talking to themselves.

He really was on the brink, because the voice suddenly spoke aloud before he realized it.

I really must know – do tell us if this is a case of hating others, or hating ourselves?
    \(◕___◕)/

Blog Entries
    Time: 0:00 – Night

“…I would presume you know why I am here, attempting this mess. Why are you here, and how do you play into it?”
    I really must know – do tell us if this is a case of hating others, or hating ourselves?
    The reflection clicked its tongue and rolled its eyes, as if the mere sound of Fiore's voice had been an unwanted sound. Slowly it relaxed its stance and took a few steps forward, ending up right to the surface of the crystal that separated the two parallel existences. Using a single lithe finger, the reflection began drawing squirming shapes to the surface, its eyes staring vacantly ahead like those of a man who had lost all interest. The thing allowed Fiore to speak his piece, not out of generosity, but out of indifference. It seemed as if the words aimed at it were not registered at all.

Finally, after a short moment of silence, the reflection opened its mouth... only to speak with a much different voice.

"Insipid fools, demanding answers to this and that obvious question that ails
    me
    you
    ," the sing-song voice that clearly belonged to a female answered Fiore. "Have
    I
    you
    no intelligence of
    my
    your
    own to utilize? Oh, what am I even saying... of course
    I
    you
    do not. A selfish rat is always a rat, no matter how well you dress it up."

Letting out a shrill laughter, the reflection suddenly struck the index finger it had been using through the crystal's surface, piercing it like it had been ice. Cracks grew from that spot to every direction like wildfire, twisting the image of the reflection into a more fitting, warped one. That moment of clarity was short-lived, however, as soon the surface of the crystal shattered with a horrible sound. The little sharp pieces, like fragments of glass, rained everywhere, leaving behind only a hollowed-out spot in the crystal.

It was from that spot that the reflection stepped out, now fully in flesh.

"A rapid dog with its chain finally lengthened... yet never cut.
    I
    You
    cannot even understand the truth before
    me
    you
    , and instead bark and drool and snarl, while yanking that chain further and further. Do tell me, does it feel good to have
    my
    your
    illusion of freedom shattered by
    my
    your
    betters? I know I do enjoy to see the dreams of lowlifes trampled such," the male voice spoke out, spreading its arms like a maestro of a grand orchestra. "I wonder how pitiful
    my
    your
    crying face looks like... for I have never had the need to taste humiliation. 'Tis a rare chance for me, too."

Smiling smugly like a snake in a paradise, the reflection took a step closer to Fiore, bringing forward it's right hand. Its fingers bent back and forth, like it had been caressing Fiore's face from afar with all the arrogance of a sadistic pet-owner.

"But make no mistake, it is nothing personal even if you are as pathetic as you look like," the other voice continued. "After all... what is there in this world that does not deserve
    your
    our
    scorn? It is only natural."

Flashing a downright haughty smile, the reflection gave a giggle that conveyed only contempt towards the boy before it.

Fiore Lacere-Ran
    Time: 0:02 – Night

"Insipid fools, demanding answers to this and that obvious question that ails
    me
    you
    ," the sing-song voice that clearly belonged to a female answered Fiore. "Have
    I
    you
    no intelligence of
    my
    your
    own to utilize? Oh, what am I even saying... of course
    I
    you
    do not. A selfish rat is always a rat, no matter how well you dress it up."
    And that makes four,” the voice replied, an unbidden grin rising to Fiore’s lips.

The reflection let out a peal of wicked laughter, smoldering and sweet like rotting fruit. It was not airy in the way that Fiore was familiar with – a sensation like air overthick with perfume made him feel sick to his stomach, and he frowned. He was in no condition to consider the psychological implications of this living reflection insulting him in an uncomfortably personal way. It had a superior attitude; it either hated everybody or it hated him specifically.

My, she did not even answer my question, boy. Speaking of failure when we have not even tried for success; weren’t you here to try to change?

As the voice spoke, it began to gesture against the surface of the crystal; the thin band of material that separated them. Hairline cracks began to spider across the surface, shaking loose bits of the alien material. With a sickening crack, more akin to bone than glass or rock, the crystal exploded outwards, and out stepped the doppleganger.

"A rabid dog with its chain finally lengthened... yet never cut.
    I
    You
    cannot even understand the truth before
    me
    you
    , and instead bark and drool and snarl, while yanking that chain further and further. Do tell me, does it feel good to have
    my
    your
    illusion of freedom shattered by
    my
    your
    betters? I know I do enjoy to see the dreams of lowlifes trampled such," the male voice spoke out, spreading its arms like a maestro of a grand orchestra. "I wonder how pitiful
    my
    your
    crying face looks like... for I have never had the need to taste humiliation. 'Tis a rare chance for me, too."
    “…oh who even talks like that?” Fiore snapped, rubbing at his brow in annoyance. He couldn’t tell if it was the strain of restricting the amount of control afforded to the demonic voice or the sheer irritation of listening to the reflection speak, but he was getting a headache from this whole experience. “I will not presume to understand your situation, much as you seem to misunderstand my own, but experience does not permit arrogance.”

"But make no mistake, it is nothing personal even if you are as pathetic as you look like," the other voice continued. "After all... what is there in this world that does not deserve
    your
    our
    scorn? It is only natural."
    Fiore glared. Regardless of whether the reflection, which spoke of things Fiore himself had not experienced, hated him or hated the world, it only boiled down to one thing: he had failed. Hating himself for lacking companions and the ability to like them, by extension hating the delayed and transient relationships he could easily find, he had wound up on this floating circus at the behest of the one person who looked out for him – the person whose relationship caused him the most grief. The figure standing before him referenced these points and spat venom at them; the reflection had failed.

“It is almost as if it is the goal of this city to make me into that which I hate,” he snarled, the malice in his tone independent of airy laughter.
    \(◕___◕)/

Blog Entries
    Time: 0:03 – Night

“It is almost as if it is the goal of this city to make me into that which I hate.”
    These words seemed to finally catch the attention of the reflection, as it's blue-hued eyes slowly turned towards Fiore. Running its hand through its hair, it chuckled under its breath with an odd tone. It was as if the changing tone of its voice was starting to blend, the reverberations of both voices, male and female, coming together and warping into a new one. It only lasted for that single laugh, but it enough was to cement just how unnatural this existence before the boy was.

"Make you...? Oh, what a ludicrous bravado again... sense of self-importance that lies in the heart of one standing proudly alone, cuddling his chain as a means of lulling his mind into a blissful ignorance, not even trying..." the female voice said with an almost sultry tone while caressing its own thigh. "
    I
    You
    never did try, did
    I
    you
    ...? Being strong is more than enough, being lapdog of
    my
    your
    lady is more than enough... and change is such a terrible thing, is it not?"

The voice was now dripping with mocking sarcasm as the reflection took a single step closer. The ground crunched under its shoe, as if the weight of that foot had suddenly increased tenfold. There was a twitch in the left eye of the reflection, a signal of a change. That said eye started changing color, as if someone had poured thick, bright, red liquid into it, filling it to the brim. Slowly, slowly, the eye was completely dyed in the crimson, just as the pupil itself took a more slim, beastly form. When the blue hue had been replaced with red clarity, the rest of the liquid seeped out from under its eyeball, creating a single, running line of red that stained its cheek.

"Stagnation is
    my
    your
    only option, isolation is
    my
    your
    only option, alienation is
    my
    your
    only option. When there is no effort, there are no options," the male voice, now growling with underlying tension, continued. "Here, at the top, lies only true perfection, achieved through trampling on the insufferable masses... one which a worthless grunt could never achieve! Aah, yes... the fragrance of the rose of carnage guides our path... the path of a singular being! Path of a constant being. After all... change is such a terrible thing, is it not?"

Wicked smile spread across the face of the reflection, and it raised its hands towards Fiore, as if wanting to cup his chin.

"The question asked was: 'It is almost as if it is the goal of this city to make me into that which I hate.' This is where you are mistaken," the female voice spoke out, but was replaced mid-way by the male one. "There is no 'becoming' anything... for to truly be stagnant... an end is required."

This was when the change began.

There was a horrible cracking sound as the reflection suddenly bent forward. Something disgusting was happening inside its body, and though it let out no moan or scream of pain, it still cradled its head like it had been in the throes of a curse. At the same time, the clothing around his upper body began to disintegrate, eaten from the inside by bluish-green flames that seemed to pour out from the very pores of his skin. Flow of power emanated from the reflection, forcing anyone at the close radius to take an involuntary step backwards. It was the absolute presence of power, an aura of inhuman strength that warped the air with its stench of carnage. A Demonic Aura... but not quite; no, there was something clearly wrong with this manifestation, and it seemed to be only a remnant of Fiore's true power... yet at the same time, something far greater than it.

What followed was an ear-piercing shattering sound as the left side of the reflection's head exploded outwards. A hole the side of a palm had appeared above it's ear, and from the inside sprouted something odd. A single, gigantic horn adorned with jewelry and chains had grown from the head of the mirror image, sharp enough to pierce through a body and long enough to utilize as a melee weapon. It was an abomination, a mark of a true monster.

A flash fire suddenly lit up the air and all of the clothing the reflection wore above its waist disappeared in a cerulean blaze. As the thing stood once again upright, despite the large horn it now sported, the source of the fire was clear. Dozens of spots had appeared all over its body, like runes of an ancient civilization, from where his flesh had been torn open. Inside, a fountain of prana shot out of each one, before bursting into flames half way through. The prana itself was burning as it exited the reflection's body and came in contact with the air, coating the mirror image's body in a veil of bluish-green blaze.

Two hands, now more like claws, were raised towards the skies and the reflection let out a high-pitched laugh.

Then, its eyes focused on Fiore.

Fiore Lacere-Ran vs. DASEIN: Fiore

Call of thy soul raised a legend
    Reflection of victor only in crystals of thy anima
    Yes, this is fight or fall
    Let this be a battle of the death of thyself
    Battle, BEGIN!

Fiore –AGI A- vs. D: Fiore -AGI A-
    Coin Toss: Fiore
    TURN 1: Fiore

Fiore Lacere-Ran
    Time: 0:06 – Night

"Make you...? Oh, what a ludicrous bravado again... sense of self-importance that lies in the heart of one standing proudly alone, cuddling his chain as a means of lulling his mind into a blissful ignorance, not even trying..." the female voice said with an almost sultry tone while caressing its own thigh. "
    I
    You
    never did try, did
    I
    you
    ...? Being strong is more than enough, being lapdog of
    my
    your
    lady is more than enough... and change is such a terrible thing, is it not?"
    Effort to change is the reason that we are here, tenuous as the reason may be.” the voice replied, the tone more blunt than lyrical. There were limitations to the amusement she could derive from the novelty of the situation, and Fiore’s irritation was palpable.

The reflection moved forward, and the ground cracked and groaned, as if under a great weight. A flicker appeared in the figure’s eyes before the bluish eye turned red, the color bleeding out and streaking down its cheek.

"Stagnation is
    my
    your
    only option, isolation is
    my
    your
    only option, alienation is
    my
    your
    only option. When there is no effort, there are no options," the male voice, now growling with underlying tension, continued. "Here, at the top, lies only true perfection, achieved through trampling on the insufferable masses... one which a worthless grunt could never achieve! Aah, yes... the fragrance of the rose of carnage guides our path... the path of a singular being! Path of a constant being. After all... change is such a terrible thing, is it not?"

Wicked smile spread across the face of the reflection, and it raised its hands towards Fiore, as if wanting to cup his chin.

"The question asked was: 'It is almost as if it is the goal of this city to make me into that which I hate.' This is where you are mistaken," the female voice spoke out, but was replaced mid-way by the male one. "There is no 'becoming' anything... for to truly be stagnant... an end is required."
    Fool.

“Perfection is an unchanging mélange of grey – there is no such thing as beauty of perfection.”

Fiore’s voice was flat and emotionless, and his eyes hardened. It was not that what the reflection was saying was insulting; it was that everything was wrong. There was a special depth to the annoyance inherent in being lectured by an individual who criticized his flaws while embodying the antithesis of the qualities he hated in himself.

A cautionary tale about what we may become?” the voice supplied, shaking him out of his thoughts.

I am an overly bitter person, and I am likely to project my own shortcomings. He failed, we haven’t.

You seem surprisingly sure of yourself.

I am angry.

The reflection hunched forward, cradling its head as if in agony. Blue-green flames slithered around the figure’s torso, burning away the clothing on its top and sending out a sickening wash of unearthly power. A perverse field of murderous intent like that of a Demonic Aura, but threaded through with something alien and far greater in scope. The flow of wind and whimsy was completely gone from what should have been his characteristic aura.

…that said, that was the least of the differences between the two mirror images.

With a sickening crack, hole exploded in the side of the reflections head, and from the spray of gore emerged a bejeweled horn set above its ear. Covered in jewelry and enchained regalia, it grew asymmetrically from the left side of the reflection’s head; the monstrous token not of one of the Kishu, but of the true demonic kind; the emblem of a devil.

The figure straightened, and a plume of blue-green fire exploded upwards, burning away the remnants of its clothing above the waist and revealing glowing runes in a language that Fiore did not recognize. Wellsprings of prana poured out of each before combusting into a cloud of the twisted fire, and the air around the reflection became hazy in the trunade of fire. Through the wavering air, Fiore could see the reflection’s hands twist and come more to resemble claws than hands.

Finally, it looked back at Fiore.

“I am flawed.”

Fiore let himself go, and the air around him swirled and became cold. A sickly-sweet sensation grew in his chest somewhere between ecstacy and hunger, and he laughed faintly. His voice came out warped and distorted, ending on a feminine note. Sighing faintly, his posture relaxed, and his eyes slammed open.

Flaws are interesting; imperfection is beautiful, and how we will become better than what we are.” the voice sang, and Fiore’s irises became bands of green light. The cool breeze kicked up into a swirling aura around him, and faint motes of sunlight began to appear in his hair, lending it a bright green glow.

I do hope you found everything you were looking for, to have become something like that.

Casually, Fiore hopped forward and flicked out a leg. One polished shoe caught the side of a sharpened fragment of crystal and sent it flying like a bullet at the reflection’s head. Fiore’s leg did not retract – instead it hung forward in the motion of the kick, and he relaxed back onto his support heel, hands in his pockets.

He exhaled slowly, and concentrated on his footing; there was no reason for his reflection not to recognize this familiar form of Savate, hybridized and adapted to fight inhuman opponents. Furious as he was, the voice restrained his aggression – he would not find any satisfaction in rushing in only to get hurt.

Wise Up!
    DEMONIC SURGE ACTIVE
    STR: A -> STR C(S)
    END: A -> END C(S)
    AGI: A -> AGI C(S)
    CAS: -
    PRA: C

Master of Martial Arts
    Fiore is trained in a hybridized form of martial arts in order to grant him a physical advantage against even other Half-Bloods. STR is permanently increased by one rank.
    Last edited by Egophobia; February 1st, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
    \(◕___◕)/

Blog Entries
    Time: 0:06 – Night
    Turn: 2

The lightning-fast projectile whistled through the air and headed straight towards the face of the reflection, who simply stood there with a bestial smirk on his face. The eyes of the thing, one red and one blue, were mirrored by the gleaming surface of the large crystal shard, like a sapphire and a ruby under the moonlight. Then, with an overhand swing, it brought down it's left claw and smashed it straight to the approaching attack and ripped it apart with a thunderous force. Shattering sound echoed in the clearing as the claws cleaved right through the crystal, destroying it completely before it even hit the reflection.

"So weak," the reflection spoke, it's tone warbling between the male and female. "So very, very weak."

Taking a crouching stance like a hunched beast, it licked its lips and aimed its eyes straight at Fiore. The ground beneath it began rumbling as the demonic energy within the mirror image was released. Veins bulged, teeth grew into fangs and ears sharpened to the point where they like those of an animal. The flames around its body billowed once, as if signaling the attack that was sure to follow.

"Your voice does not reach me... your voice does not even begin to try," the male voice smugly stated, followed by the condescending sound of the female voice. "Those blinded eyes, that narrow field of vision... it will never grant you the end you seek. Only... stagnation!"

The ground beneath the feet of the reflection exploded with force. Incredibly fast pressure wave shot through the clearing, but it was sluggish and slow compared to the beast that had just jumped forward in almost straight horizontal line. The reflection crossed the distance between the two of them faster than one can blink, appearing in Fiore's vision as nothing but a blur of flames and green hair. The arrogant glee on the thing's face was a momentary flash, before it spun around like a pinwheel and slashed downwards with both of its claws.

"And the end for this rose-tinted life!"

The scream of the reflection was terrifying to hear.

While the right claw of the reflection, deadly as it was, was as normal as it had been before, something strange happened with the left claw. The red eye shone momentarily with the color of blood, throwing crimson mirages across the crystal surfaces surrounding them. At the same time, the claw was swung down, it created an arc of rose-colored light from each nail, jagged scars that marred the air before Fiore. The crackling sound, akin to that of glacial ice, was the only warning as the air the claw had cleaved through began to crystallize, like some sort of bad dream. It was clear that whatever was going on with the left arm, it was dangerous.

These two attacks, the normal and the unknown, were swung at Fiore with extreme speeds, threatening to rend his chest open in a span of a single second.

Wise Up!

Name: DASEIN: Fiore
    Alignment:
    Truth

DEMONIC SURGE ACTIVE
    STR:
    A -> STR C(S)
    END:
    A -> END C(S)
    AGI:
    A -> AGI A(S)

PRA:
    ∞ (???)

Demonic Ability
    Lelya Talon
    An attack that uses "something" as a catalyst. Will crystallize everything it touches. Burns out a single turn of Demonic Surge when used.

Fiore Lacere-Ran
    Time: 0:07 – Night

It would have too easy to land a hit with the broken piece of crystal, fast and heavy as it was. Like a beast, it raised one hand overhead, talon-like fingers curled downward, and swiped it out of the air. Whatever the crystal was made of, it exploded with an ear-shattering sound, leaving only the crouching form of a predatory beast. Its eyes and ears were bestial now, and its teeth seemed almost pointed – it was talking again but Fiore was not paying attention, and the whispering voice was silence.

"Your voice does not reach me... your voice does not even begin to try," the male voice smugly stated, followed by the condescending sound of the female voice. "Those blinded eyes, that narrow field of vision... it will never grant you the end you seek. Only... stagnation!"
    The ground around the reflection seemed to tremble for a fraction of a second before an explosion of force expanded outward, ripping stone and bits of pipe and wiring up and throwing it into the air. At the same time, the hunched figure flickered and vanished, and then it was in front of him. Both of its arms were raised like a bear rearing up on its hind legs, its arms raised overhead. Twisted, familial power crackled and warped the air, encircling one arm in a wreath of murderous power given the form of rose-colored light.

"And the end for this rose-tinted life!"
    It was fast.

Those who exist as Dead Apostles are by nature, amongst the most agile intelligent beings in the moonlit world. To the eyes of magi they become blurs of shadow and displaced air, fast enough to weave around bullets and kill a man before he could blink. It was their agility that Fiore was most familiar with; that he was used to fighting against and outpacing.

He was faster than them – much faster.

Boy, let’s go.” the voice murmured.

His breath misted, and the air became sharp and cold. Pinpricks of ice stabbed at the insides of his lungs as the sounds of the city in the distance suddenly sheared away and the Crystal City become nothing but moonlight and cold and the monster before him. The cold funneled through his body and swept away his frustration and the birdsong – there was the sudden chill that comes when the mountain wind bites hard and deep, or when something sweeps up a draft just outside the corner of one’s vision, and all at once the air exploded outwards around him, and the crack of a sonicboom filled the space where Fiore had just been.

He had shifted to the side, twisting around and bringing one leg up like a whip to catch the arm that was not crackling with power. The impact rattled his bones and elicited a hiss of pain from his lips as force sufficient to crater the surface of the city crashed against him. There was no way to dodge both attacks, and to simply take one in defense would be foolish. The speed of the blow tore the air and sent an explosion of pressure and wind flying around the pair as it connected with an equally-fast strike.

Immobility was the vice possessed by the demon whose speed defied the modern era.

Wise Up!
    DEMONIC POWER ACTIVE
    STR: A -> STR C(S)
    END: A
    AGI: A -> AGI A(S)
    PRA: C

Cold Air: Vector Dancing
    Type: Level 3 Demonic Power
    An internal mutation, Fiore channels all of his od into his adrenal glands, causing his reaction times and acrobatic powers to skyrocket to relativistic extremes. Vector Dancing allows him to instantly achieve maximum velocity as soon as he begins moving, and that velocity can be spontaneously redirected, allowing him to corner or turn around without losing speed. Mechanically, once activated Fiore boosts his AGI three ranks – this boost can be sustained for up to ten turns, but at the penalty of one rank to his END. Because the mutation is extraordinarily taxing on his body, use of this ability for ten turns of combat will cause enough damage to him to incapacitate him.
    Last edited by Egophobia; February 9th, 2014 at 12:54 AM.
    \(◕___◕)/