Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fate/Regalia: Timeskip Summonings

Liu Long Mei
    Time: 23:57 - Night
    Day: April 13th
    Turn: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post

"OTheRs... OHtErsSOtHeRsoTHERsOThErS! MaGGOts! InCOnSeQUENTiAL loW-BreEDS! FOr mySELf, thE ONLy sOul imPOrtAnt... iS my OWn!"
    Again, my monstrous reflection threw my words back at me.

It couldn't have been more than a few minutes, but the fight definitely started to wear on me. I need to think of something quick or else-

!

Too heavy!

I fell to my knees as a sudden crushing weight came bearing down on my shoulders. All the bones in my body strained to resist this new unnatural burden. If it weren't for the thick, enveloping cloud of prana wrapping around my body like a buffer, I surely would have suffered some crippling injuries, if not worse. But I needed to act fast, each moment pushed my body closer and closer to its limits. Even my disciplined breathing was strained under this drastic change in gravity. The strange heaviness and the appearance of a purplish light were all I needed to enact my countermeasure.

"T-Two can play at that game!"

"To the pure earth clings a hidden fragrance.
    The Jade Rope wheels round and is cut.
    "

The raging currents of prana around my body suddenly turned to a dark indigo shade as my spell took effect. I sprang back to my feet and shrugged my shoulders, feeling the burden being lifted by my gravity-cancelling spell. However, I wasn't out of the frying pan just yet. My feral counterpart was preparing another attack. One even greater than the last. Techni-colored prana surged through my body in harmony with my thoughts.

And yet, I hesitated. Even when I resolved to face the next challenge, something didn't feel right. It was that same haunting, chilling sensation I had when I first entered the city, only stronger. Every time my reflection spoke, that feeling grew. What does this mean? Is there something more to this than mere conflict?

"AS tO whAt CoMEs to yOUr nAiVe cLaimE... a bRoTHER? Was THEre somEThinG liKe ThaT? If theRE wAs... HIS FOrgIVENeSS wAS aSHes iN tHE wInd! I neeD No suCh tHIng fRoM piTIfuL noBoDIEs sUCh As hIM! ThE ONly onE thaT maTTeRS is... ME! ... onLY... ME!"

"...Was that it?"

I froze in place with a realization. The monster was gone. In its place was the same sad little girl who greeted me in that mirror-like crystal. She truly was suffering. That girl was filled with hate, bitterness, and pain. She knew nothing but suffering because I willed it, because I wouldn't let go. No one held a greater grudge against me than myself.

"If it's only me, then I shall be the one to release you from your suffering." I said through clenched teeth. "I don't know if I can truly find absolution, but I'll never find out if I stay like this."

My breathing stuttered for a moment. A slight, yet piercing pain drew my attention downwards. I had my fists balled so tightly that my nails drew blood.

"It's hard letting go, y'know. After all the things I've done, I thought I was an irredeemable mess. You should know how much I longed for death, for a release from my crime." I said as I slowly relaxed all the tense muscles in my body. "But I think it's time to move on. We honor our dead by carrying on with good deeds, not by wallowing in the past. You don't have to go through this pain anymore. As long as we...as I can move on, I'll let this go. I forgive you."

There was no more tension in my body. This petty anger won't hold me back any longer.

Wise Up!
    Name: Liu Long Mei

STR:
    E
    END:
    D -> A
    AGI:
    C -> A
    CAS: A

PRA:
    A
    Sorcery Trait: Spiritual Dexterity, False Dragon's BloodThis manifests as unique skills with one's Inner Channels. However, this trait borders on Innate Ability as it tends to vary depending on the user. In the Siu Han Family, this diverse trait ranged from powerful Mystic/Pure Eyes to malleable Magic Circuits that could store unprecedented amounts of prana.

For Mei, this trait manifests in the manipulation and output of her Circuits. She is able to fire jets of destructive prana, mana, or Od from her body depending on her output. These range from breathing hot prana to jet-propelled strikes to firing prana blasts from her limbs. Observers may see these jets as strangely colored lights or Qi, leading to some to say that she “punches fireworks, kicks rainbows, and breaths sunshine and happiness.” Eastern observers have taken to naming this specific Trait as “False Dragon's Blood” after the “Noble Blood” Circuits of the ruling families.

Art of Earthly Liberation. Rank- B – A rather tricky, but interesting spell developed by the Siu Han's ancestors in the Shu Han Court. It severs the planet's pull on a given target, meaning that the affected target will float and tumble about as if he/she were in the vacuum of outer space. This spell lasts for 15 turns.
    Last edited by DB-L; August 24th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 23:58 - Night
    Turn: 7

"It's hard letting go, y'know. After all the things I've done, I thought I was an irredeemable mess. You should know how much I longed for death, for a release from my crime. But I think it's time to move on. We honor our dead by carrying on with good deeds, not by wallowing in the past. You don't have to go through this pain anymore. As long as we...as I can move on, I'll let this go. I forgive you."
    The bow-string was released.

A wind blew through the clearing, and with it, it took all the signs of hostility and boundless rage. It took away the visage of a monster with its breeze, catching the promised death and whisking it into nothingness. It happened fast and it happened unexpectedly. Before the girl battling the monster could even react to it, the wind had taken away everything that had been against her, like it had been only flakes of ash covering a corpse. What was left was a single reflection, a pure reflection of a girl known as Liu Long Mei, charging at its original.

... But, it did not mean that the arrow that was pulled back did not move forward.

After all, the string was released.

"You idiooooooot!!

A fist hit Mei straight in the face. However, this was a fist of a normal girl, without the beastly power behind it. This was a normal punch, one that would only leave a bruise on the cheek it pummeled afterwards. This a punch from a reflection that was back to what it had been before... a simple reflection. A mirror image of Mei, the girl who had come into this city of crystal in search for answers. And in doing so, had found... a truth of a sort. Now, this truth punched her with both intensity and odd kindness, as if mildly hurting Mei had been the only option left.

The punch that connected sent Mei slightly backwards, but before she could fall, the reflection had caught her by the collar of her shirt and pulled her back. After a moment of confusion, Mei found herself staring right into her own eyes, the reflection only mere inches away now. However, the reflection's expression was not mirroring that of Mei. Instead, there was still lingering anger in there... or perhaps it was annoyance, like the anger of a parent who did not want to see her child continue to hurt herself.

"Don't forgive me! Forgive yourself! Do as your understood just now, and act to your words... and forgive yourself already, you dumbass!" the reflection said, its last word being more of a yell than anything else. ""That's just it, isn't it!? There is not a single one in this world who can be alone... and thus, a reprieve is necessary, especially one given by ourselves."

The reflection hoisted Mei even closer, and suddenly the girl found herself in a tight hug. The arms clutching her were those of the reflection, exerting enough power to make it nearly impossible to escape from. However, there was incredibly honesty behind this action, something that could be felt from the amount of strength used. It was, without a doubt, a sincere embrace, like that of a mother embracing her child. There was nothing unnatural or uncanny about it, but to the contrary. Slightly admonishing, slightly annoyed, but all in all, warmer than anything else... that was the true nature of this reflection that now refused to let go of Mei.

"It will be always be there, gnawing at our conscience and hearts. It will never let go of us, like a dragon that's latched on to our body with its vicious, hooked teeth. Whenever we try to do something, we'll doubt ourselves. Whenever we'll try to interact with someone, we'll be afraid of them finding out. Whenever we try to have a good time, we'll remember that day and feel once again miserable. It's a poison that runs through our veins. The mistakes we have done, that have shaped our past, will always be there. They can't be undone. No matter how hard we try, the trail of tears leading up to this day has a starting point, and it is only strengthened by the mistakes we will continue to make in the future," the reflection quietly, yet strongly, spoke. "And that's why, if it refuses to let go of us... we will just have to let go of it. We can't keep on clutching at that day like it was a mirror we use to define ourselves. We must be willing to let it sink to the depths of the ocean, where it can never bother us again. Without reprieve, we will find no peace upon this earth... and if we don't, we are as good as dead. If we allow the ghosts of the past to dictate how we act, we will only be a ghost among the living. A pale reflection with no sense or purpose, unable to truly connect to anyone on this big blue ball! So... so just forgive yourself already! If you don't, what will be left is only a shell of a human, filled with regrets and anger!"

Quietly, the reflection started sliding her hand through Mei's hair, petting her like a parent would pet a child. The eyes of the reflection stared into the night of the Crystal City, into the starry expanse beyond, and the lights of the floating city. There was nostalgia, remembrance and deep sorrow within those blue eyes, as if they had seen there much more than Mei ever could. However, when the reflection finally looked back on the girl it kept gripping on, there was a new emotion in those depths: hope.

"Yeah, I know it sounds selfish. I know it sounds horrible. But you have to let go of the past already. You can't keep blaming yourself because of something that happened, whipping your back in order to remember the pain it caused. That helps no one, least of all yourself. And, if you simply look back at that day as something of a boogeyman that controls how you act... you can never atone for it. No, you will only live in the shadow of that day for the rest of your pitifully short life, crushed by guilt," the reflection continued, looking Mei in the eyes. "That's why... you have to find a reprieve. You have to forgive yourself. You have to accept that what happened was horrible... but not let yourself be burdened by it. Only that way can you move forward, only that way can you head to the future... and, perhaps, find some way to make up to that mistake. It might not be enough... but at least you made an actual effort."

Then, suddenly, the reflection let go of Mei, but only for a short second. Instead, it now gently slapped its hands on her cheeks, massaging them as if she had been a child and forcing her to look up at it. There was a slight smile on its face as it looked back.

"So, don't let that day hold you back anymore. It's alright to trust. It's alright to become close to other people. It's alright to confide in other people. There is nothing wrong with finding someone who you can bare your whole soul to," the reflection spoke. "Everyone carrier's their past mistakes with them. The only difference is that some learn from them, while others let them dictate themselves. Others have found peace, others live in constant pain. And those who are in pain can't connect with others... they cannot find a way to. But now... you can see how. So, don't be afraid to walk that path. It might be hard, it might not always be sunny, but at the very end of the road... it will all have been worth it. Why? Well..."

The reflection smiled and planted a motherly kiss on Mei's forehead. Then, showing some surprising mischievousness, it massaged her cheeks some more, breaking into a beaming grin that was truly happy. In fact, it was such a sincere showcase of happiness that it was hard to believe it came from the creature that had exhibited such rage before.

“I think, therefore I am. My thoughts are myself, therefore my existence is me. But…”

The reflection whispered, tears forming in the corners of its eyes.

“…I am not alone.”

Liu Long Mei
    Time: 23:59 - Night
    Turn: 8

"You idiooooooot!!

"Oooph!"

My reflection's response certainly caught me off guard. In my relaxed state, I was completely blindsided by her sudden punch. Just as I fell over, she reached out and grabbed me by the collar. I braced myself for whatever punishment came my way, and yet all that greeted me was...me?

The raging beast was gone. In its place was the simple reflection of my own body. Her stern face showed no hatred. Rather, she eerily resembled Uncle on a particularly bad day.

"Don't forgive me! Forgive yourself! Do as you understood just now, and act to your words... and forgive yourself already, you dumbass! That's just it, isn't it!? There is not a single one in this world who can be alone... and thus, a reprieve is necessary, especially one given by ourselves."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. I've been putting this off for too lo- what?!"

Before I could finish, I was pulled into a tight embrace.

"It will be always be there, gnawing at our conscience and hearts. It will never let go of us, like a dragon that's latched on to our body with its vicious, hooked teeth. Whenever we try to do something, we'll doubt ourselves. Whenever we'll try to interact with someone, we'll be afraid of them finding out. Whenever we try to have a good time, we'll remember that day and feel once again miserable. It's a poison that runs through our veins. The mistakes we have done, that have shaped our past, will always be there. They can't be undone. No matter how hard we try, the trail of tears leading up to this day has a starting point, and it is only strengthened by the mistakes we will continue to make in the future. And that's why, if it refuses to let go of us... we will just have to let go of it. We can't keep on clutching at that day like it was a mirror we use to define ourselves. We must be willing to let it sink to the depths of the ocean, where it can never bother us again. Without reprieve, we will find no peace upon this earth... and if we don't, we are as good as dead. If we allow the ghosts of the past to dictate how we act, we will only be a ghost among the living. A pale reflection with no sense or purpose, unable to truly connect to anyone on this big blue ball! So... so just forgive yourself already! If you don't, what will be left is only a shell of a human, filled with regrets and anger!"

She was right, of course. The answer was so simple in the end, but that didn't make it any easier. I closed my eyes and reflected on her words, trying to take them to heart. I tried to return her hug, but I still hesitated. For the past twelve years, I bore this hate inside me. Even in my dreams, I could see their faces. Some bloody, some burned, all glaring at me. In my mind, I carried vengeful ghosts of the past. I became so accustomed to this burden that it practically became a part of my life. All the pain, the guilt, it had almost defined me. She was right.

Even so, it hurts to let it all go.

"I-...I know. I know! But it's still hard to let go!" I stuttered, choking back tears and finally returning her embrace.

"Yeah, I know it sounds selfish. I know it sounds horrible. But you have to let go of the past already. You can't keep blaming yourself because of something that happened, whipping your back in order to remember the pain it caused. That helps no one, least of all yourself. And, if you simply look back at that day as something of a boogeyman that controls how you act... you can never atone for it. No, you will only live in the shadow of that day for the rest of your pitifully short life, crushed by guilt. That's why... you have to find a reprieve. You have to forgive yourself. You have to accept that what happened was horrible... but not let yourself be burdened by it. Only that way can you move forward, only that way can you head to the future... and, perhaps, find some way to make up to that mistake. It might not be enough... but at least you made an actual effort."

I looked down at my hands and fought back the urge to ball up my fists. The truth was revealed, the path cleared. All I needed was to step forward for once in my life.

Suddenly, I felt her hands on my teary face. She drew my attention upwards again.

"So, don't let that day hold you back anymore. It's alright to trust. It's alright to become close to other people. It's alright to confide in other people. There is nothing wrong with finding someone who you can bare your whole soul to. Everyone carries their past mistakes with them. The only difference is that some learn from them, while others let them dictate themselves. Others have found peace, others live in constant pain. And those who are in pain can't connect with others... they cannot find a way to. But now... you can see how. So, don't be afraid to walk that path. It might be hard, it might not always be sunny, but at the very end of the road... it will all have been worth it. Why? Well..."

"I'll do it then. For you, for the ones we love, and for me. I..." I said as I returned her smile. "I forgive myself."

“I think, therefore I am. My thoughts are myself, therefore my existence is me. But…”

“…I am not alone.”

I looked beyond her for a moment and saw something startling. My brothers, my sister, mother, even father, and everyone else. Their bodies appeared as hale and hearty as they were in life. And for the first time in years, they were all smiling at me, together.

"We never were."
    Last edited by DB-L; August 25th, 2014 at 01:08 AM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time: 0:00 - Night

Somewhere far away, wind picked up, and flowed through the clearing. With it, it started taking the reflection with it, flakes of existence removing themselves from it and slowly floating towards the night sky. The reflection glanced at its slowly fading body, let out a soft chuckle, and then put its hands on Mei's shoulders. The eyes, mirror images in every way of those of Mei, stared deep into the girl's soul as the being began to talk.

“There is no one that can survive alone in this world. That is why we have friends. And to truly connect with the people we care about, we cannot allow ourselves to shy away in fear" the reflection spoke. "That is why we need a reprieve. That is why we need to forgive ourselves. So that our shriveled, wounded, scared heart can finally begin to heal, and make contact with the hearts of others. So that it can finally understand, accept and atone for the pain it has caused... and the pain it has felt. You understand, right? It is not about ourselves, never has been. It is about the world. It is about life."

At this point, the reflection's legs were mostly gone, emptiness having taken hold of its lower half. And yet, despite there being no visible source of strength, the reflection held itself, as if still standing. Chuckling, it gently turned Mei around, making her face the other direction. Then, like a father imbuing his child with his remaining strength, the reflection embraced Mei, and brought its head close to hers.

What followed was words whispered softly.

“It is about the bonds between friends.”

Most of the torso of the reflection was gone. However, its hands and everything above shoulders remained. The rest of its body had become white flakes, like the last snow of February, gently falling towards the sky. Using its still visible arms, the reflection slowly covered Mei's field of vision, making its palms cross before her eyes. A second and two passed in awkward silence as the reflection gathered strength. Finally it was able to lean back close to Mei, and opened its mouth.

"And... it is about the truth."

The hands were shifted away, back to Mei's shoulder. Her field of vision returned, the view of the nightly OLYMPUS returning before her. And that field of vision was, gently, guided towards the sky by the reflection. With a slight push to the shoulders, it urged Mei to gaze up to the sky, up the silvery light that had bore witness to her trial till the very end.

And...

What Mei saw...

... Was something that would have shaken any man to the very core.

Spoiler:

"It is about that, and what it represents."

Then, just as slowly as before, the reflection crossed its palms before Mei's eyes, blocking her vision. When they were again removed, this time by turning into transparent, milky white flakes that were carried off by the wind, the world had turned to normal. No more was there the dream-like visage high up in the sky. No, everything was back to normal, and how it should be.

With one sole exception.

"Now, then. I guess it is time," the reflection spoke, heaving a little sigh.

There was now nothing more than the head remaining of the mirror image. It looked at Mei with a myriad of mixed emotions in its eyes. Pride, kindness, worry and perhaps a bit of joy, along with countless of others, could be seen from those depths. Smiling one last time, the reflection nodded at Mei in an approving manner, as if giving her final farewell-gift before the eternal exit.

“I hope……you will do……better.”

Everything below the eyes was gone. Still, however, the faint whisper of the reflection's voice could be heard in the wind, in the last seconds before it was completely gone.

"And tell... Ben... I miss...."

Finally, even the voice was gone.

And so, Mei stood alone in the clearing.

-------------------------------------
    VICTORY
    To Another World!

Liu Long Mei
    Master Level: 1
    SP Earned: 1
    AP Earned: 15
    Items Acquired: 1

~Command Spells~
    Your proof as a Master

-------------------------------------

Suddenly... air changed course.

Like a gale, rushing through the clearing.

Like a zephyr, entering the area.

Like a whirlwind, buffeting the crystals.

A bitter wind filled the area, bringing with it the odd sound of howling. Salt, steel and bronze all mixed together, along with atmosphere for a far-away land. There was no longer the calming, yet eerie, glow of the crystals to fall upon Mei's shoulders like a cloak. No, this glow was overpowered by the sheer amount of magical energy raging around the girl, akin to a tornado. It gathered, it concentrated, and it started taking form. And when the wind of magic formed a funnel to the skies, the crystals around Mei came to life.

Mysterious runes, unknown numbers, patterns and phrases long-forgotten... all ran on the surface of the blue guardians of the flying city. However, there was a one string of symbols that even Mei could recognize. It was connected to the burning sensation in her skin, marking the brands of command that were now gifted to her. These were the prize given to those who confront their problems head-on, walking towards the future by understanding what they needed instead of waiting for a miracle of life.

These were Command Spells, gifted to those who defeated their
    Puer Aeternus
    Dasein

And from the middle of that monochrome wind, something stepped forward. Responding to the red glow of the Command Spells, something finally materialized and took its first steps in the world. The wind carried the fragrance of a distant land, and yes spent on the road, miles walked and yet remaining. The sands shifted as the figure took a step forward, approaching Mei with a steady pace.

And, finally, a series of letters glowed on the crystal surfaces, announcing the event that now transpired.

DOWNLOAD: 100%
    SUMMONING COMPLETE
    INITIALIZING
    SERVANT BETRAYER

The wind roared. The wind raged. And from inside that wind, cleaving it in two with his mere presence…

A person stepped forward.

And spoke the words…

“—I ask thee. Art thou my Master?”